27%
  • I already own a BOP and WILL NOT buy 2.0 17 votes
    33%
  • I bought a BOP because of 2.0 14 votes
    27%
  • I already owned BOP but am restoring my BOP due to 2.0 6 votes
    12%

(51 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider awarner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 9 years ago

I overpaid on mine because I knew I wanted a decent one. I was friends with Python so I wanted another one of his games and BOP was one of his favorites. When I sold the bulk of my games off this year, I kept this (and 3 others) mostly anticipating the addition of the kit. I also couldn't sell it because I had Python (and later John Trudeau) sign the translite. I'm still looking forward to the kit. I personally think it's a real weak rule set and the kit will help it a lot.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from PlatinumPinMike:

I am one of those who think this classic should stay original , own one and wont buy 2.0

I'm not criticizing but I'm curious as to why? It's a rather shallow rule set and this kit will really expand on the game tremendously. It also has the original version included so you can still play it like it was. Again, you're welcome to your opinion, I just wonder why.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from Chet:

It is nice to have option to play original or new version, and as stated and from what limited time i have playing Bop 2.0 at EXPO, it is an almost different game. The $2 grand is pretty steep price for the upgrade, i realize that includes new sound and new color display in addition to game rules..

Technically, they are including a new computer, a new display, a new sound system (amp & speakers), a new speaker panel, and custom hardware to start it all in addition to the software. Those things are not without cost for sure. I do agree that adding $2000 to a $2500 game makes you think twice, but you could also look at it as buying a brand new game for only $2000. The thing that pushed me over the edge was when I was at Expo 2013 and I played this and then played the new Stern Star Trek, how much more polished this was. Since I was friends with Python Anghelo, I decided that this would be my next "New Game".

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
$ 27.95
£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

3,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Firestone, CO
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 9.99
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider awarner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-poll-did-you-buy-one-for-20-only?tu=awarner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.