You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20160319_193013_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160319_193033b_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160319_192954b_(resized).jpg
#1 8 years ago

Just thought I'd start a post regarding the new Bride of Pinbot playfields that will be out soon, as this will be my first attempt at a playfield swap!

I suspect other BoP owners will be in the same boat so a great place to post and share hints, tips and problems we run into.

I have found a great video by a fellow UK pinhead;

I hope the playfield will be with me during December, as soon as it is I will document my progress, again others that are doing the same with BoP please do the same.

I was planning to remove all top-side parts then with the 2 playfields side by side face down, loosen all underside parts then move components and wiring loom over to the new playfield and fix all parts down.
Then move back to the top-side.

#2 8 years ago

Thanks for starting this jrawlinson.

Just some quick questions...anyone know what parts we should order to get started?

How many t-nuts for the underside and what size to grab?
obvious wear items under the playfield that should be replaced now while the games are apart? pop bumper screws, etc?

Also, I believe that our playfields will be dimpled so hopefully we won't need to template out the bottom and tops of the PF.

#3 8 years ago

I was also hoping the playfields would be dimpled, as the template thing looked a PITA.

I have purchased a bunch of fixings like t-nuts, playfield screws, ramps, new helmet, new faces etc from Pinball Life in preparation, I have the top-side pretty much stripped just waiting the playfield, oh and BoP 2.0...

Here is my photo log for the stip down thus far.

http://tinyurl.com/qfe6xza

Just hope when I come to put it all back together I can follow them, only done a strip down once with Tommy, both quite 'easy' machines to do I think.

3 weeks later
#4 8 years ago

Just got my bride as well and will be doing everything you plan to do as well so I will be following your thread closely.

#5 8 years ago

Last I heard they were shipping on the 7th? Haven't heard anything since. All I need to do is find me a machine to go with this pf.

#6 8 years ago

The pf are drilled and dimpled. On my phone so linking is hard but check my restoration thread. I documented the process and also found some issues that I reported to Peter which I believe we're fixed for this run.

Good luck and have fun.

*edit - Was able to log in and link my thread - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-restomod

3 months later
#7 8 years ago

First question for my first ever playfield swap;
So I've stripped off as much as I can and I was about to make a start but during my preparation look-over the two playfields (new and existing) I have noticed some drill-holes off-center, these are for the wire ball 'guides' as such pretty important to be spot-on (I would have thought).

Does this matter?
Do I leave these to last, to make sure they line-up?

Also the holes are too small so I will need to drill them a little so do I use the actual hole and make it bigger or put a hole in the center of the art work?

IMG_20160319_192954b_(resized).jpgIMG_20160319_192954b_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160319_193013_(resized).jpgIMG_20160319_193013_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160319_193033b_(resized).jpgIMG_20160319_193033b_(resized).jpg

#8 8 years ago

Those will all be fine. Just make sure the ball guide lines up to where it comes to both of the holes.

When you drill them out, make sure to not drill them out to much. Those holes are compression fittings for the ball guides. If you drill it out to much your guide will be to lose.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 40.00
£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

3,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Firestone, CO
$ 9.95
$ 9.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.99
$ 27.95
£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-new-playfileds and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.