You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCF0248_(resized).JPG
DSCF0246_(resized).JPG
DSCF0247_(resized).JPG
#1 7 years ago

If you look at your BOP playfield you will see that the wood between the cutout for the ball trough and the slot for the shooter lane switch is only about 1/2" wide and can split there. My old playfield was. Here's what I did to prevent it from happening to the new playfield. Also I've had 2 BOP's and both of the skill shot wire form ramps had one of the threaded mounts broken off. I took a piece of threaded female metal tubing and attached it to what was left if the threaded stud. I milled out the slot in the shooter lane to allow the tubing to fit through the playfield. The tubing stuck through the playfield about 5/16 of and inch and I used a nut as a spacer around the tube before installing the machine screw in the tube. Stacked washers or a piece of metal tubing as a collar will work too.

DSCF0247_(resized).JPGDSCF0247_(resized).JPG

DSCF0246_(resized).JPGDSCF0246_(resized).JPG

DSCF0248_(resized).JPGDSCF0248_(resized).JPG

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-new-playfield-fixes-preventive-damage-remedy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.