(Topic ID: 62739)

BoP missing music "jingle"

By TheRingMaster

10 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I have been fixing my bride of pinbot so it now works except for one thing that i think is bad.
Ive been playing the game a lot on the pinball arcade game for playstation but when i played my real machine i noticed that there is a piece of music missing. When shooting the ball up the left ramp and in to the pinbot mini playfield it should, according to whats in the playstation game, play a small jingle. It does not.

Sound test and music are all good in the testing mode of the machine.

One theory I have is that the jingle was not there in the rom version I have, but i do not if they added things like that. By the way, the sound roms? are there different versions of them to begin with or just the first version? Have not seen any for sale.. I have Sound rev. L-1 5.Y 1.21 (Game rom: 50002 Rev. L-5)
Otherwise it seem to play all sounds, space shuttle in ramp, speech and so on.

Im just curious if someone knows anything about this.. The game is disassembled right now so I can not test it with new roms but might try later.

Andy

#2 10 years ago

My guess - your ramp exit switch (to the mini PF) is broken or not registering.

#3 10 years ago

=) Great idea! I will double check it, when i tested it if it works it was open. But i think i never tested to close it. I will do when the game is completely assembled again!

Thanks, never thought of that!

andy

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from TheRingMaster:

=) Great idea! I will double check it, when i tested it if it works it was open. But i think i never tested to close it. I will do when the game is completely assembled again!
Thanks, never thought of that!
andy

I had the same prob...not only do you not get the jingle, but then the game will keep allowing the ball into the miniplayfield instead of diverting it to the face.

#5 10 years ago

Hm, ok.. I was able to get the ball to the face like normal... but I will definitely check it when its assembled and make sure all game rules, sounds etc. work as intended!

Andy

2 years later
#6 8 years ago

Old thread now but since I was the OP I think I should let anyone reading this know that the problem is now gone after I've reassembled the game. Must have been the switch not registering correctly. Did not do anything else related to the switch. So, problem solved.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

3,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Firestone, CO
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
$ 9.99
$ 9.95
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 27.95

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-missing-music-jingle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.