IMG_20190128_184628 (resized).jpg
bop_helmet_control_connector (resized).jpg
bop_helmet_control_cable (resized).jpg
IMG_3605 (resized).JPG
IMG_3609 (resized).JPG
bop_helmet_control_supply_cable (resized).jpg
bop_helmet_control_fitted (resized).jpg
bop_helmet_control_pcb (resized).jpg
There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 years ago
Quoted from Geocab:

Nice vid of it in action. What is doing the other lighting effects on the face?

Pinduino. There's a guy here who sells a Pinduino BoP kit which is pre-programmed for this.

Quoted from Geocab:

I ordered one, now I need to get some wire and the connector. Is the one linked above correct?

I'm sorry, I don't understand, for what?

#52 4 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Pinduino. There's a guy here who sells a Pinduino BoP kit which is pre-programmed for this.

I'm sorry, I don't understand, for what?

Oh, my mistake, that last portion was for anyone, not just you, about the connector Forecflow linked to make the wire connection to the board to get it to work properly.

I'll have to look into the Pinduino kit, looked cool.

4 weeks later
#53 4 years ago

I finally installed this board along with the wire mavantix made for me and I'm really pleased! Looks so much better with proper fade. I may have to get different LEDs, I like the idea of the retro LEDs mentioned earlier in this thread.

Thanks for making this board @pellew!

3 months later
#54 4 years ago

Hi all,

I've been busy with work and haven't had time to reply to some of your PMs. I tried to reply to all unreplied messages, but if anyone has tried to contact me without receiving any answer, please sent me another PM.

FYI: I see that some of you thinks that this board is for BoP 2.0 only, but this is not the case. The board works for both original version of BoP and BoP 2.0.

Thanks!

2 weeks later
#55 4 years ago

I got my board, got it installed, and it looks great. I had the LED OCD board installed for the main lights, and this board makes the helmet lights work just like the ones connected to the OCD board. Perfect.

Ross

3 months later
#56 4 years ago

Hi all,

I've ordered components for a couple more boards. So if someone is still interested just send me a PM.

Thanks
Pelle

2 months later
#57 3 years ago

Made a few more boards today because I had some requests. Anyone else in need of one let me know.

I get little feedback from buyers. This is usually a good thing, but it would be nice to hear if someone has any more feedback.

Thanks!

8 months later
#58 3 years ago

Currently I'm all out of boards, but if anyone is interested let me know by sending me a PM and I'll add you to a waiting list. I guess it takes about a month to get new boards and populate them.

And Thanks to all the previous buyers, it's really nice to be able to improve some of these old games for people.

1 month later
#59 3 years ago

Hi,

more boards are available now if anyone needs one.

I've had two instances where there have been problems with the board. It looks like my board does not like the communication timing sent by revision L2 game ROM. So in order to use my board you also need to make sure to have the L6 (possibly also L4 and L5 works) game ROM.

Thanks for the feedback on this one @tbonedrums.

4 months later
#60 2 years ago

Installed my board today and it works great! Should LED 1 be always flashing and the other 3 LEDs on the board always lit? pellew
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#61 2 years ago

Yes, that's the correct behaviour, flashing led as an indicator of CPU working, the 3 static leds are for power input (12 Volts) and power outputs (LED output voltages on pin 1 of the 10 pin connectors).

3 weeks later
#62 2 years ago

Hi all, 5 boards left, when they are sold out I don't have any plans on making more.

Thanks to all prevoius buyers and for the feedback!

-Pelle

#63 2 years ago
Quoted from pellew:

Hi all, 5 boards left, when they are sold out I don't have any plans on making more.
Thanks to all prevoius buyers and for the feedback!
-Pelle

I'm glad I was able to get one of these a couple of years ago. It's great getting the proper effect with LEDs in the helmet. Thank you for making this product.

2 months later
#64 2 years ago

If he has boards left anyone with a bride of pin bot should have his board. I love mine and the effect it has on the helmet lights. Everyone who plays my machine does notice the difference. Thanks again Pelle for a great product!

5 months later
#65 1 year ago

Hi!

I've got some requests for more boards, so I've ordered a bunch (even though I said I wouldn't ). Every Bride deserves good lighting.

As soon as I have the boards ready I'll reach out to the ones I've received PMs from.

Thanks!

#66 1 year ago

I'm just about to get cracking on a BOP2 conversion and can't be dealing with no badly lit brides. If there are any spares in this next round, i will happily take it. Thanks Pelle! Great mod.

1 year later
#67 4 months ago

Sent you a message about the BoP 2.0 chase board as well. Hopefully they are still availabile.

Fantastic mod!

1 month later
#68 3 months ago

Hi all,

Comet Pinball reached out to me and asked if they could stock some of my BoP LED boards. I did not have plans to do any more, but the idea of having the boards in stock at Comet Pinball makes it much easier for me and the buyers in the US.

I don't know when they will be available on their webshop nor the price. Keep checking their website and they will show up eventually.

Thanks for all the requests! I have not answered all PMs, but will do now that I know they'll be in stock at Comet Pinball.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

3,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Firestone, CO
$ 9.95
£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Albany, NY
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 9.99
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 27.95
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 9.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-helmet-control-for-use-with-leds/page/2?hl=pellew and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.