Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by Lysurgeon
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190607_124544 (resized).jpg
crack2.jpg
Crack1.jpg
motor_relay.jpg

#1 6 years ago

So my Bride would intermittently loose track of the proper face position. (not the wife) lol! Most commonly during multiple player games. Was fixing the problem be a simple re-home but kept on malfunctioning. FOUND the problem. Cracked solder joint on the motor control relay board. Re-flowed the solder and works perfect ALL THE TIME! I know I have seen others here with the same problem so, here are some pics. Look closely and you can see the crack all the way around the relay pin.

motor_relay.jpg Crack1.jpg crack2.jpg

#2 6 years ago

Thanks for posting.
Losing track of head position does seem to come up with BOP fairly often.

#3 6 years ago

Yes, thanks for posting this. Hopefully I'll get my battery beat CPU board fixed to day and get things running again. Will look at this among 67 other things.

3 months later
#4 6 years ago

Looks like the fix i need to do. Thanks for posting this, pinside rules!

5 months later
#5 5 years ago

I was going to do a bunch of tearing apart till I read this post.....10 minutes and a quick reflow and its fixed. I love the interweb.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from robgest:

I was going to do a bunch of tearing apart till I read this post.....10 minutes and a quick reflow and its fixed. I love the interweb.

I never did get around to responding but this foxed it for me as well. Thanks OP!

1 month later
#7 5 years ago

Aye. For me as well good sir. Thank you! Re-flowed and added a little more to get the nice cone shape of solder and it works like a champ.

#8 5 years ago

Happy to help!

3 years later
#9 2 years ago

Hey, I know this is an old topic but where can I locate the board pictured above? I'm having the same issue!

#10 2 years ago

I already reflowed solder on the Motor Regulator Board and had no luck. I just need to know where the Relay Assembly is! Thanks!

#11 2 years ago

From what I recall its under the playfield. Almost under the shuttle ramp. I have never owned the game, but I seem to recall it being over around there when I fixed it for someone.

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from futurepinhead:

From what I recall its under the playfield. Almost under the shuttle ramp. I have never owned the game, but I seem to recall it being over around there when I fixed it for someone.

Great! When I get home I'll check it out. I'm just going to fully resolder it haha

#13 2 years ago

SHE IS FIXED!

#14 2 years ago

It's amazing how simple of a fix it is. Was I right about location?

#15 2 years ago

It's amazing how simple of a fix it is. Was I right about location?

Oh yeah. Yes you were right! Under the playfield of the shuttle ramp area. The board looked like it hadn't been done in 25 years haha. Easy fix!

#16 2 years ago

I remember I had a hard time finding it too

#17 2 years ago

I remember I had a hard time finding it too

Yeah, it's especially hard because the book didn't even mention it hahah

1 year later
#18 10 months ago

Well, one more fixed.. thanks.

2 months later
#19 7 months ago

Looks like i need to rebuild this connector first.

20190607_124544 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside