2 (resized).jpg
20230107_193858 (resized).jpg
BOP_pinbot_values (resized).png
DSC06303 (resized).JPG
DSC06302 (resized).JPG
DSC06301 (resized).JPG
CE093284-D2E7-434C-94F7-231E5F890FC5 (resized).jpeg
20230730_133932 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider redwizard000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1939 3 years ago

Hi guys,

I finally managed to get my hands on a decent BOP. Got the 3d back glass, LEDs, those track light things along the side and the little plastic shuttle mod. Oh and that topper came with it too...

First thing I did was replace the batteries, which were expired as of 2018, so who knows how long they were in there. No leakage or damage to the board though, I feel like I dodged a bullet. ROM is out of date as well, Rev L-3. I don't know if I want to go through the trouble of upgrading it or not.

It's in pretty good condition, though it does need to be cleaned, particularly in the hard to reach places.

20200804_143146 (resized).jpg20200804_143146 (resized).jpg20200804_143153 (resized).jpg20200804_143153 (resized).jpg20200804_143156 (resized).jpg20200804_143156 (resized).jpg20200804_143207 (resized).jpg20200804_143207 (resized).jpg
#1943 3 years ago

I have an odd problem with my machine. On startup the lights seem to be stuck in "attract" mode. When you begin the first game after turning it on the heart lights and both sets of right hand loop lights will flash on and off randomly and the wheel alternates between the small wheel being fully lit and the big wheel being fully lit.

Those lights should be off and the wheels should be spinning together slowly.

The game still works, the lights respond as they should when triggered, the wheels spin, the loop lights will light up and function properly until they timeout and then they go back to randomly lighting up.

After a little while though, the problem just stops and the lights do what they are supposed to, until you power cycle the game, then the behavior resumes. I have tried various things to try to figure out what causes the problem to stop, rotating the head, not rotating the head, playing a few games, immediately losing a few games. I think it is just after enough time goes by the problem just corrects itself.

I am thinking that it may be an issue with the firmware on the machine. It is running Rev L-3. I have ordered a Rev L-6 chip and will see if that fixes it. But just in case that's not it, anyone seen anything like this before?

Thanks.

#1945 3 years ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

The wheel lights fully lighting alternating between big and small wheel is the correct lighting sequence for the ball prelaunch. Once the solenoid for the skill shot kick out fires is when they should change to the spinning pattern.

Yeah but they don't. They stay in that mode until the wheel gets spun. Then they spin the wheel like normal and then they go back to the alternating.

It's weird. And like I said, eventually after a few games it stops doing it and all the lights behave as normal.

#1946 3 years ago

It must have been either a bug in L-3 or the factory reset that I did after installing L-6 fixed it, because after putting L-6 in the problem went away.

EDIT: Ehh, looks like I spoke too soon. It's doing it again, actually it looks a little worse now, now the "extra ball" and "one more time" lights are doing it. Although, it still goes away after a few minutes, and I think it is actually going away faster than it was.

I circled the lights. The ball is in play, those lights shouldn't be on right now. The lights in those groups randomly flash on and off (except the 1b heart), and while this picture doesn't show it, the "Ball locked when lit" light is flashing, even though there is no ball locked. This time the wheel looks to be behaving normally and this time the extra ball lights aren't flashing... but sometimes they do.

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG

5 months later
#2109 3 years ago

I have an L-6 and it also does the sound cut off thing. That's the last version before you have to solder jumper-wires to the motherboard, right?

8 months later
#2202 2 years ago
Quoted from DarthPaul:

Has anyone added a Space Shuttle toy to their machines and if so, which one?

I have one. It's this one: https://www.pinballdecals.com/BOP_ShuttleModPage.html

It came with it.

1 month later
#2211 2 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

If you've only got busted red pegs then those are easily replaceable,

I have broken a bunch of those pegs. Yeah they are super easy to replace. Because of their age (that's my story and I am sticking to it) they are brittle and they snap when I put new rubbers on them.

You guys are talking about these right: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8044-9

7 months later
#2362 1 year ago
Quoted from TheClownpuncher:

Got a quick lighting question for you experts on here. On my machine, once side of the helmet is out of synch/different light pattern for the first few minutes (15 or so) the game is on. It then seems to synch up after everything is "warmed up".
I'm assuming it's something on the light board the helmet is connected to. The connectors seem fine and I don't notice anything completely out of the ordinary but beyond that, I'm not sure where to look. Do I just replace the capacitors on the board or could it be something else?
Thanks in advance.

I have a similar problem with the lights in the middle of my BOP playfield. They flicker and do all kinds of random stuff. Same thing, after the machine "warms up", the problem completely goes away.

I have tracked the problem down to a chip on the power driver board. Someone put a socket on it and I suspect did a poor job with the soldering. Tapping on or pressing on the chip lightly while the machine is on makes the problem stop until the next power cycle. (I am pretty sure the problem is with the socket, as I have replaced the chip.)

Anyways... That little A-14007 board (I assume that's the one you are talking about) has similar chips on it, maybe check them out as well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Firestone, CO
$ 9.95
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 27.95
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 9.99
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 40.00
£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 9.95
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider redwizard000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-clubnon-20?tu=redwizard000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.