2 (resized).jpg
20230107_193858 (resized).jpg
BOP_pinbot_values (resized).png
DSC06303 (resized).JPG
DSC06302 (resized).JPG
DSC06301 (resized).JPG
CE093284-D2E7-434C-94F7-231E5F890FC5 (resized).jpeg
20230730_133932 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nwpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#457 8 years ago

Ooh, I hope this works out. I did a thorough cleaning of mine and used some Wildcat rubber revitalizer, but I really wanted to replace them instead. Would love to do that when I move to the reproduction playfield. Sounds like a lot of people are in the same boat.

#465 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Sorry I should have been more clear, that's considered a bearing, not a roller bearing but the shaft is still considered a bearing of sorts. The rubber on the shaft is bonded at the factory to the shaft and really no telling what kind of rubber they used. To try out the material posted above you'd probably have to cut the rubber off the shaft and glue the new stuff on. I know I'm not gonna try that.

I don't think you've disassembled yours like some of us have My rubber was filthy and coloring the balls, and I was cleaning the game up to take it to the NW Pinball and Arcade Show this past June, so I fully disassembled it and cleaned the rubber parts separately. They are not bonded onto the shaft, they slide right off for cleaning or replacement, and up until about two years ago a few vendors sold replacements. Here's what they look like when they are removed:

bop_rubbers.jpgbop_rubbers.jpg

#466 8 years ago

Someone local told me they found a replacement for these at an auto parts dealer, it was used for shocks. I forgot about looking for it until now since mine cleaned up pretty well.

#469 8 years ago

So Bay Area used to carry them, but they are out of stock:
http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=BAA&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GS-BOP23-6654

Pinball Spare Parts Australia has one in stock... which isn't of much help beyond knowing they must exist still:
http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/rubbers/pads-grommets/23-6654.html

The Williams part number from the manual is 23-6420 grommet, but I'm finding nothing on the Web for that beyond the links above.

#485 8 years ago

Yeah, how rad would it be to have them be blue or purple? But then you'd need to pull them for cleaning more often and that's a 45 minute job.

#491 8 years ago

Yeah, I'm thinking you could sell about 100 sets of 4 to people swapping over to a new playfield and maybe another 50 sets to people that want to refurb their rock hard old ones. 600 total... over a year or two of sales, probably not worth reproing for most people.

1 month later
#532 8 years ago

Nice, can't wait to get mine. Both the playfield and 2.0 kit are arriving around the same time. I'm going to have a busy Winter.

#545 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I see, my pintech will do the swap...

I wish I had a pin tech!

#549 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yeah still no luck, I'm no electronics guy by any stretch of the imagination so I have no idea what I'm doing. I asked Pacman and he doesn't know anything about the game. Laserdisc game repair is a lost art I guess, no one even able to trouble shoot the boards that I can find and it's such a FUN game to.

I'd ask in the KLOV forums, there are many more arcade collectors and repair people there. Laserdisc players are tricky, but I know there are people that repair them or make kits to convert it to running off a hard drive. I had a Dragon's Lair for a long time and read up on them a bunch.

#557 8 years ago

The helmet lights have their own board under the playfield and don't run off the GI, they should work with the GI OCD board in, so that's pretty weird. It's definitely a known problem that they can't be controlled by the boards, it's spelled out on the OCD site and talked about in this thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-helmet-lights-ledgi-ocd-problem

1 week later
#615 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I got the email a few days ago too, it was all in German, so for all I know, they could be sending me chocolate, beer, and a poster of Farah Fawcett

Me too. Following the DHL link and using Chrome translator, looks like mine is on the way to the US where the USPS will take over on the shipping and delivery.

2 weeks later
#657 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

What I can tell you is that your ramp sits further to the left than what my factory ramp and my repo ramp do.

Yeah, in Berzerker's photo you can tell the ramp flap is too far to the left, there is non-painted playfield sneaking out underneath it, you should only see the gray playfield paint instead of that cleared wood at the bottom increasing towards the right side of it. Berzerker, I think your ramp/ramp flap are set in the wrong place and slightly off.

#662 8 years ago

I think that flashing shooter lane is kinda cool, but now that I have the 2.0 kit installed, I think it would detract from the moving skillshot flashing light.

#667 8 years ago

If you look it up on Bay Area, you can click to be on their waitlist. I've found this can either result in them finding one for you in their stock or it motivates a batch of repros. I swear it was available everywhere a year ago, but now seems to be sold out. But with all the reproduction playfields and Bride 2.0 kits being sold, the demand for them is definitely out there, many people are restoring old Brides right now.

3 weeks later
#702 8 years ago

Who made them last, Starship Fantasy? I'd try contacting them, they did the ramps and plastics.

#709 8 years ago

Yeah, for repros, if enough people email the person that makes them, they will rerun them. They have to see the need is out there. So email Starship Fantasy!

2 weeks later
#750 8 years ago

I'd be in for one of those kits if you do a second round.

3 months later
#877 7 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Looks to me like it's on the way to oblivion (i'm sure no expert on displays though). If you've swapped cables and the connector pins are ok (also no loose contacts on the pin solder) then it can't be much else i can think of.

If the gas had leaked out, would it be getting better as it warms up? To me that means cold solder joints or failing capacitors. I'd be resoldering all the connector pins where the ribbon cables meet each board and where the tube's wires meet the board. I'd also try swapping the two ribbon cables to see if the problem remains the same or follows a cable. I guess I haven't had any System 11 displays die in a way I haven't been able to repair them yet.

2 weeks later
#896 7 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Anyone know what happened with the guy who was developing the magnet aprons (Ninjaboot) i think it was?, that thread seems to have closed down

I was pretty excited for those, but he seemed more interested in cranking out new designs than actually producing them. And I'm sure there are copyright concerns with the various companies, but I don't think he ever came through with making one title.

1 month later
#949 7 years ago
Quoted from tfduda:

Does anyone have measurements of the wire of the one way gate that operates just down from the pop bumper area? The current gate wire in my machine isn't right (it doesn't allow the gate to operate one way and so balls can drain relatively quickly) and gates aren't available for purchase from sources I've seen and so I am planning to bend my own gate wire from piano wire, but I would like to get it bent as correct as possible.
And I am a relatively recent owner of a bride and have very much enjoyed reading through this forum--learned a bunch! Thanks!

I don't know why no suppliers have this in stock, it's commonly missing or incorrect. Mine had none, I looked at photos and made my own using one of those big chromed paperclips. It works properly, but I still wish I had the real thing.

#965 7 years ago

I'm gonna say you won't find a BOP with a new playfield, new ramps, new cabinet decals, etc. MustangPaul is about the only person I know that's got a fully rebuilt one, most of us are in some state of restoration and bought the reproduction playfields because we love the game so much, not to restore and sell it.

8 months later
#1314 6 years ago

This metal ball guide is broken at both screws, any know where to find a replacement? Is it Bride specific? Thanks!

IMG_5286 (resized).JPGIMG_5286 (resized).JPG

IMG_5287 (resized).JPGIMG_5287 (resized).JPG

#1318 6 years ago
Quoted from chipleader:

If you can't find someone to weld it, Marco sells it.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/B-8623

Thanks! Ordered... hoping it makes it in time for a party on Saturday.

#1324 6 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Thanks! Ordered... hoping it makes it in time for a party on Saturday.

Arrived and installed, my Bride is back in action! Also added a Bride magnetic playfield apron cover and it's looking sharp!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 9.99
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 27.95
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 9.95
£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

3,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Firestone, CO
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nwpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-clubnon-20?tu=nwpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.