2 (resized).jpg
20230107_193858 (resized).jpg
BOP_pinbot_values (resized).png
DSC06303 (resized).JPG
DSC06302 (resized).JPG
DSC06301 (resized).JPG
CE093284-D2E7-434C-94F7-231E5F890FC5 (resized).jpeg
20230730_133932 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nerdygrrl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1850 4 years ago

I just joined the club on Sat. My BoP came with a spare PF that would make a great restoration candidate, but the costs of restoring are similar to the repros from Germany. I was just wondering if anyone has installed a repro and how the process went. Are the holes in the correct locations, are the dimples present, how the clear held up.

#1854 4 years ago
Quoted from oradke:

I am about to. Just finished stripping the old playfield, so stay tuned.

Will do!

Quoted from Devilsmuse:

I installed a repro "Peter/Bathumberg" playfield in my Bop last spring . It came out perfect. The quality was top notch. The colors, the quality of the wood, the holes and dimples where all there and in the right spots. Just be sure you let the clear coat cure for about 6 months or so after you receive it . I did that and it turned great , it made the swop a breeze! One thing you might want to have on hand are the dremel bits and glue that Kruzman sells . Grind out the clear in the holes for the posts and metal parts and use the glue to seal the edges of the clear to the edge of the hole. Works great and you wont have any problems with the clear

Thanks for the input. I'll more than likely grab one of these given the PP is not much different than restoring mine.

#1855 4 years ago

So this is my Bride that I picked up on Sat, a friend sold an empty cab to another friend 8 years ago and he pieced it together. When he sad he was listing it, I had to grab it to keep it in the family. He managed to grab a spare PF that another friend kind of restored, needs a few more touchups, and then a clear, but I am leaning towards doing the repro.

I had some GI and insert bulbs so I installed those yesterday, and I will order up some stuff for the backbox later in the week. Now to look into if it is possible to reverse engineer the 2.0

0 (resized).jpeg0 (resized).jpeg0-4 (resized).jpeg0-4 (resized).jpeg0-5 (resized).jpeg0-5 (resized).jpeg0-6 (resized).jpeg0-6 (resized).jpeg
#1857 4 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

All done and playing beautifully!
Got the pinsound mix and motion control going well.
Lots of little mods, enjoy the pics.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I spent a good bit of time reading through this entire thread and am amazed by all of the awesome mods, etc,but this is hands down on of the sickest looking BOP's I have seen. Amazing job, it looks so clean.

I had planned to go with clear Titans and more purple, and possible the black decals, but man that chrome. Amazing job.

#1858 4 years ago

Sorry for another post, I am hoping to order up some Titans for my BoP does anyone know if the manual is accurate in terms of rings used/needed? I see the kit posted on the Titan site has quite a few more rings added to it.

1 week later
#1867 4 years ago

I just ordered up some new bits for my Bride. I grabbed some purple dome flasher covers for the head, and it appears they are a hair larger than the originals and the head won't fit with them installed. They're bumping into the ramps. I was just wondering if anyone else had this problem and if so how did you remedy it. I was planning on just shaving the ramp lip down some.

#1870 4 years ago

Yeah, I have them installed on the interior, but these are just a hair taller. I tried washers, but need to get longer screws. Thanks everyone.

2 weeks later
#1876 4 years ago
Quoted from Boslaw:

Thanks. Those appear to be the measurements of the wire. I need the measurements of the gate (the frame that the wire is attached to). My gate is missing (and that's the part no one carries anymore).

Measure the distance between the two posts. That and the dimensions in post 958 will give you a rough estimate. The wire is the only unique part, you should be able to use any gate that will fit over the two posts. After seeing this post I did some googling and it seems like Fun House uses the same size gate.

#1880 4 years ago
Quoted from Boslaw:

Brilliant, thanks.
nerdygrrl Sadly, most of the gates for sale on Marco don't have sizes listed. Of the few that do have sizes, the closest I could find are 3" overall and 3.437" overall. If anyone knows of another gate that matches the specs above, please let me know. If not, at least I can use these measurements to try and bend one up from some scrap metal.

I will try and find the post where the guy stated he used a FH. Probably won't be until this afternoon. I am sorry this has turned into such a headache for you. I didn't even realize this was missing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 40.00
$ 9.99
$ 27.95
£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
3,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Firestone, CO
$ 9.95
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nerdygrrl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-clubnon-20?tu=nerdygrrl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.