Topic Stats

• 2,131 posts
  • 193 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by jjga
  • Topic is favorited by 89 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 864 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_2483 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2485 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2484 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2482 (resized).jpeg
E95EC0AF-A4E5-4688-8BB9-235020C6EDA4 (resized).jpeg
E4F81A57-4D17-4A00-82E4-D9BC56AACD25 (resized).jpeg
C3D5AAA3-DCEF-4C57-BD57-E729CC1790BB (resized).jpeg
AA146C9F-A4D5-4A3C-8215-3F4701822147 (resized).jpeg
31E1A9F7-4A2F-47C0-900D-39651433A132 (resized).jpeg
84DDA4B1-A190-4818-B125-2720DC0C6854 (resized).jpeg
BOPa2 (resized).JPG
BOPa1 (resized).JPG
20210119_064723 (002) (resized).jpg
BOP3 (resized).JPG
BOP (resized).JPG
20191212_155445 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrwol64.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1538 2 years ago

Looks like some interesting stuff going on here. Here’s my BoP in (Australia) keeping the theme going (plus obvious friends). Excellent game to play, and was a little tricky to track down here. The wife insisted we get the Bride. I like the simple mods you can do to this era of Pin,.. I’m trying comets matrix posts to light it up a bit. I’ll be keeping an eye on these mods,.. the ball lock cover looks cool,.. the stock one is underwhelming given the rest of the stuff on the pin.

Will read thru all the posts,.. hoping to find answers to some nagging questions.

E8F7A087-8347-42E9-BA30-0117B8DBF5E9 (resized).jpeg

2 months later
#1574 2 years ago

I am going to be ordering left and right ramp entry Cliffy’s for when I install my replacement ramps.

Anyone had experienced installing these Cliffy’s? Easy for a clumsy hack to do (hi there, thats me )

Both my existing ramps are broken in the spots these protectors are designed for,.. and it is annoying having to fish the ball out when they get stuck in the gap.

1 month later
#1580 2 years ago
Quoted from OzPaul:

Our Australian CPR Distributor just posted this about new stock coming soon.

Not to much longer now, the glow in the dark green helmet is the last piece in the puzzle

Wow,.. I must have missed this,.. RTBB is bringing them in? Jeez, Id be up for one without doubt. What thread is it on,.. ?

1 month later
#1604 2 years ago

Drat,.. playing my BOP today and the lower display went odd,.. character displays wrong,.. ran the display test, and it looks like the top right vertical segment is not displaying on the lower row.

Any ideas,.. all of them not displaying doesn't feel like the display hardware is failing,.. but I'm not much at this kind of thing. I reseated the display connectors a few times, including the one to the power board.

They are original plasma displays.Don't want to go getting an LED replacement display if it isn't really necessary

BOPSegmentsOut (resized).jpg
1 month later
#1606 2 years ago
Quoted from VideoRyan:

Similar thing happened to mine where a segment along an entire row got stuck in the "on" position. After swapping parts around with another machine I narrowed down to the display driver assembly (2nd board attached to the back of the display). Unfortunately further research and testing pointed to one of the ICs like UDN-7180 or UDN-6118.
Once I got that far I ended up swapping the whole unit for a LED due to cost / troubleshooting time, but if you want to keep that original display going I would check those two chips since they control the digits and segments on the plasma display.

Well,.. my problem turned out to be broken hardware,.. circled in the pic are the 4 broken connectors- time finally caught up and the related segments getting no info,.. replaced with an XPIN LED display and ive gone blue/red while I can. Silver lining to suck of a problem

9CFA18C6-D004-424B-87B3-D47565B3F680 (resized).jpegEA704531-BDBE-4342-BCB8-E40C4E849ADE (resized).jpeg
1 year later
#1801 1 year ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Added some spinner decals, always disliked the prismatic plain decal on these. These look cool when spinning They aren't as 'fuzzy' as what the pics suggest, it's my damn camera playing up
[quoted image][quoted image]

Well dang,.. now Ive just had to go and buy a set to see it for real,.. looks good on your BoP

1 week later
#1806 1 year ago
Quoted from mrWol64:

Well dang,.. now Ive just had to go and buy a set to see it for real,.. looks good on your BoP

Just put the Bride face spinner decals on,.. nice !! Simple cheap mod,.. hit that spinner..

4 months later
#1903 8 months ago
Ah,.. that's interesting,... side blade art ? would look nice in a Pinbot for sure(I like modding mine)

6 months later
#2033 67 days ago
Quoted from Drac:

Looking for opinions; what goes best..... red or blue pop bumpers?? Anyone got some photos of blue? Thanks guys.

I don't have pictures, but I went for blue Britecaps EVO pop bumber lighting and caps,.. I like the flash react as each one fires.. blends in well with the rest of the playfield and lighting, and a simple install

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 40.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrwol64.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside