Topic Stats

• 1,769 posts
  • 158 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 31 days ago by RCA1
  • Topic is favorited by 71 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 630 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

BOP_WIP 14 (resized).jpg
BOPR2 (resized).jpg
BOPR1 (resized).jpg
15657091877713447650192677016386 (resized).jpg
20190813_110748 (resized).jpg
20190813_110732 (resized).jpg
20190728_152536 (resized).jpg
20190707_193051 (resized).jpg
20190705_144415 (resized).jpg
306FEB87-DB11-4E8F-96FE-2964C2460A2C (resized).jpeg
DF9FB419-1A2E-4A73-872F-FEED220068B2 (resized).jpeg
A63E971F-E287-4682-B1D5-3A064B36D45F (resized).jpeg
2B39D8C8-6865-48DC-8672-36618A21C3DC (resized).jpeg
5B2869B6-A77E-4AC9-B5C9-2A1B4480A64F (resized).jpeg
82AFE522-2BDF-4A7E-B5DB-E9D3B12E4B46 (resized).jpeg
F93C850B-C650-422B-909F-AAA4F3B9E923 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mollyspub.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 4 years ago

Why go through all of that when you can get a clear coated playfield ?

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

Save some money?
It's something to do?

save some money... sure but you cant compare the two.

something to do... i cant remember the last time i was that bored. besides, if your going to all the trouble of removing everything from the playfield as the pics show, nows the time to get your hands on a new clearcoated one and make the swap !

#36 4 years ago

non 2.0...for now.

CAM00953.jpg

CAM00954.jpg

CAM00956.jpg

CAM00955.jpg

2 months later
#185 4 years ago
Quoted from BigDan:

456772-i.jpg
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3624
These EVO Britecaps will really brighten up that area, so much so that you will be able to see the stars. I have put them on just about everything.

ive thought about getting these... that really brightens things up! what kind of lighting are you using for the shuttle ramp ? did you recently get a bop ? i think i remember you looking for one a while back. looks good !

#188 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I'm sick and tired looking at the scraped up sides from lifting up and setting down my playfield soooooo.....I was wondering if we had any talented graphics guys in the club that could design some kick ass out of this world custom pinblades for the game. If I was still into PhotoShop I'd take a stab at it. There are many beautiful NASA photos that could be used to make a GREAT looking set. Oh and not just a flipped version for the other side, both completly different.
If someone would come up with the design I'd be willing to check into the manufacturing of them and foot the bill to get them made for however many that would commit to buying them. I'm sure Pingrafix could do them but I'd like something better art wise.

has anyone contacted you ???

#190 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

No, probably no one will, we probably don't have the talent here in this small club.

ya never know. sounds like your not a fan of PINGRAFFIX but... im thinking at somepoint they will come out with a design for BOP.

#196 4 years ago

I'm thinking there is a market for these! Once people see them on a game...how can you resist???

I did get the MB ones as you did and I don't even have the game. But that's another story!

#200 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Are you prodding someone to do them?
If someone can provide a template and some bop high Rez art, or other space art that resembles bop art, I have the tools and the skill, I don't have a lot of time, but I can take a shot at it.

There you go MustangPaul !

#213 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I think to do it right, it needs a little more than nasa pics , besides, they're too grainy and precise, I don't have pinblade measurements , I think I'll just take the time to measure and start on them soon and see how they end up, I have some ideas brewing

looking forward to seeing the progress !!!

#217 4 years ago
Quoted from BigDan:

I'd prefer a variation of this. Really wish I had a set.
Photo Jul 20, 4 25 32 PM.jpg
Photo_Jul_20_4_24_33_PM.jpg

I'm lucky enough to have these already but wondering who these belong to as I haven't seen these posted except for my own

#219 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Oh...... call the lawyers.

Haha !

1 week later
#269 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Here is my progress so far on the left inner graphic
I know the hand is blocky, I may curve it up a bit
And I think I have another shuttle from Space Station I can replace the other redundant one with
Thoughts? Constructive criticism?
image.jpg
Edit:
A little more work done, hand and shading plus some flair

image.jpg

glad to see theres some progress !

1 week later
#283 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Sunday funday,.... a little more progress

screen_shot_3.jpg

anything new to share ?

#298 4 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

I would love to see an overlay done for the apron.....
The apron is ugly....
Here is one I picked up a long time ago for my Funhouse....

FH_apron.jpg

something like this ???

CAM00664.jpg

#302 4 years ago

that looks good ! count me in for a set !

1 week later
#332 3 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

here's another try
Bop LEFT Side Blade 002.jpg
I can make it more epic, and only use the sombrero Galaxy, and 1 planet
Or I can line everything up and keep several bodies on the image to fill space and give color

any updates on this ?

#342 3 years ago

i like the first design better.the galaxy is too big on this one and the shuttle looks lost in the corner. maybe make the galaxy smaller with a few more planets . thanks for working on this !

#347 3 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I really like mollyspub inner side art, with the artistic solar system, thats what I really want to do, is re-create it, but time is not on my side, more to come soon

Pm sent

1 week later
#366 3 years ago
Quoted from jGraffix:

Had some free time so I decided to create a PinBlade for you guys. Hope you like it. I still have a few changes to make but here's my first version. It's hard to see in this image but the star field is a repro of the play field and I was inspire by the graphic that says "one more time". http://www.PinGraffix.com Screen Shot 2015-11-01 at 6.50.43 PM.png

how disappointing looks too cartoon like.

#372 3 years ago

the star pattern backround will look great, even though the yellow planets look good on the cabinet...not so much on the pinblades. i doubt anyone has problem paying for something , just long as it looks good. PINGRAFFIXS has come up with some great designs .just not so much on this one.

a great design would be a nice finshing touch with new playfields and the second batch of 2.0 due to arrive soon !

#390 3 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

here's the set I created for myself. Or otherwise
Alt Pinblades SET 001 Preview.jpg

pinbot looks awesome there ! way better than what pingraffixs has brought to the table ! small suggestion ....if it were me, id get rid of the small shuttle and make the planet below it much bigger to fill that corner.

#392 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Have you figured out how all the plastics and such will affect what you see when the blades are installed?

Comparing these to mine, they're right on.

1 month later
#518 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

They did but they are out of stock.
Ramps are still in stock. If you need one I recommend getting them now.
http://starship-fantasy.com/ramps/The-Machine-Bride-of-Pinbot-Ramp-Set

do you think the ramps will be obsolete sometime soon ?

1 month later
#586 3 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

The adventure begins

DSC02012_(resized).JPGDSC02017_(resized).JPGDSC02018_(resized).JPGDSC02019_(resized).JPG

Don't think I've ever see a rubber ring that size that's on your mini playfield

#631 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yeah it's VERY disappointing, I expected better....not perfect but better. I just wonder how many of the first batch had insert edging like mine and what do they look like now. I run my fingers over them and you can really feel the edging let alone see it. Hope yours is better.

really suprised to hear this as mine is from the first batch, doesnt have these issues and as has held up well.

1 week later
#646 3 years ago

thanks for your hard work and making this all possible !

4 months later
#818 3 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Thank you guys, They look much better in person, the pics don't do them justice.

Picked up a set even though I've got a extra set of discontinued arcade skin decals !

image_(resized).jpeg

1 week later
#824 3 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Thank you guys, They look much better in person, the pics don't do them justice.

Surprised there's no pics posted yet...

#828 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I'm saving mine for when my game gets redone. I had to get them now when they were available.

Gonna order extra sets... Just in case

#831 3 years ago

almost 2 hrs for me...

2 months later
#954 3 years ago

#A-14372
Williams wire ball gate assembly
Reference:
A-14372 assembly
01-10023 bracket
12-6962 wire gate
Weight: 8 oz

marco has this in stock. or just the wire gate if thats all your looking for. #12-6962
Wire ball gate.
Reference:
12-6962
Weight: 0.11 oz

#962 3 years ago
Quoted from Flipperfun:

Ok guys, looking to join the club again. Had one years ago that was HUO as the operator never routed it and sold it but time to get one back. I know these have gone way up from the days when this was a $600-$800 game but those days are long gone. So, what can I expect to pay for one that has new cabinet decals, new playfield, new ramps & plastics with full LED's? Not A HEP restoration but one done up with all that new stuff which would make it like the one I had!

im sure your gonna get answers all over the board but im gonna say 5k.

1 month later
#1080 2 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

I'm getting the sense there has been little confidence here about the helmet bulbs and changing them to LEDs. If I've read right, the LED/GI OCD mods work for the rest of the game, but not for the helmet. If they are left incandescent, will it blow the LED OCD fuses? If made LED, will they flicker or ghost?

I've got cointaker frosted premium in my brides helmet and they do not ghost what so ever. Don't know anything about the ocd.

#1088 2 years ago
Quoted from Talon2000:

Edit. Well I found that you aren't supposed to use the metal guides according to CPR, however the holes are much larger than original, and result in the balls not sitting right in the face plastics. That sucks.
Ok, so today I'm working on replacing the face plastics with the new CPR ones. Drilling the holes and mounting the metal ball rest plate was straight forward on the mouth face. However on the Eye lock face, the countersink screws are mounted under the plastic ball guides. My search of the forum hasn't resulted in finding a post on how you guys are drilling the holes for the metal ball rests on the eye face.
How have you guys done this?

reusing the metal plates are a must no matter what CPR says! i used 2 sided 3m tape to mount mine. no drilling required .

#1111 2 years ago
Quoted from Fourbyracer:

Are you sure the guides are really the reason? Because the guides have been available here for a while as far as I know: http://littleshopofgames.com/product/bop-face-guides-set/

wow ! i never knew this. still would go with the new faces. the colors are nice and bright and almost have wet look to them.

1 month later
#1208 2 years ago
Quoted from Fourbyracer:

Melissa said they were going to do 1 more run of about 25 kits but this time have the kits built and ready to ship before selling them.

theres going to be a batch 4 then ???

3 months later
#1287 2 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

...I just bought the 2.0 kit, I'm a little hesitant of installing it

???

2 months later
#1321 2 years ago

The launch pad lit so how they all look. But the billion is a different story... Just when I thought I've seen it all! Maybe Peter can chime in on this one.

#1322 2 years ago

I just noticed the shuttle difference...you are correct. I've never seen this before.

3 months later
#1459 2 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Oh man....why are your rubbers soooo dirty.

Sounds like he's having one hell of a honeymoon with his bride!

#1473 2 years ago

How about just this one... Easy

image (resized).jpeg

1 month later
#1520 1 year ago

The BOP at work??? Are you hiring?

2 months later
#1531 1 year ago
Quoted from Devilsmuse:

Well here it is in action. I see that I have a little more work to do- like heavy up the line work on the astronauts and adjust the angle of the trim-out, where the side meets the door, but for a "one off" I am fairly happy with the results. I have attached pictures of the "install" It was tricky lining the sticker up because the Lock When Lit cover is not symmetrical as you can see if you look closely at my photos AND... my artwork is! Take a look and let me know what you guys think . Thanks

I like it! I'll take one!

2 months later
#1575 1 year ago
Quoted from mrWol64:

I am going to be ordering left and right ramp entry Cliffy’s for when I install my replacement ramps.
Anyone had experienced installing these Cliffy’s? Easy for a clumsy hack to do (hi there, thats me )
Both my existing ramps are broken in the spots these protectors are designed for,.. and it is annoying having to fish the ball out when they get stuck in the gap.

Easy to install and a great product!

1 month later
#1582 1 year ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I just joined the club again and I'm hoping I never leave it again. I have a quick question.....my new game releases both balls at the same time during multiball, is this normal? It seems like the last few times I've had this machine there's been a split half a second difference in the release of ball 1 to ball 2. If there's supposed to be a slight difference in release times, could anyone point me into a direction that the game would be releasing both without the small delay?

Check the locking post and make sure it's centered and not touching the playfield. You may also want to disassemble and clean the mechanism.

2 weeks later
#1587 1 year ago

Don't bother. Just give her a makeover with a set of CPR faces!

#1591 1 year ago
Quoted from Marvin:

the new faces are cut wrong on the holes, they are too big and not angled. you get googly eyes with those faces and balls can fall through them unless you modify them.

All you have to do is transfer the mounting plates for the first two faces with 3m two sided tape.

9 months later
#1663 6 months ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Movement at the station....... getting excited to have the old girl back together [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Proto type playfield.

3 months later
#1746 3 months ago
Quoted from Marvin:

The cabs were directly screened. There was a heat pressed white substrate bonded to the wood. The screening too place on that. Over time leg movement would deform that layer.
There's pics somewhere but I'd have to find them.havent found the pics, but here's the reference.
http://www.flippers.be/pinball_cabinets.html

Great reading . Thanks for the link!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 9.99
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 40.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mollyspub.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside