Topic Stats

• 2,127 posts
  • 192 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 hours ago by MG7322
  • Topic is favorited by 87 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 860 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

E95EC0AF-A4E5-4688-8BB9-235020C6EDA4 (resized).jpeg
E4F81A57-4D17-4A00-82E4-D9BC56AACD25 (resized).jpeg
C3D5AAA3-DCEF-4C57-BD57-E729CC1790BB (resized).jpeg
AA146C9F-A4D5-4A3C-8215-3F4701822147 (resized).jpeg
31E1A9F7-4A2F-47C0-900D-39651433A132 (resized).jpeg
84DDA4B1-A190-4818-B125-2720DC0C6854 (resized).jpeg
BOPa2 (resized).JPG
BOPa1 (resized).JPG
20210119_064723 (002) (resized).jpg
BOP3 (resized).JPG
BOP (resized).JPG
20191212_155445 (resized).jpg
20191212_155419 (resized).jpg
20191212_155411 (resized).jpg
20191212_155408 (resized).jpg
20191212_155414 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mancave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#101 5 years ago

Hey MP
Technically speaking i've been in the club for close to 6 years as BOP was the first pin i ever bought. It will also be the first pin that i will do a complete restore on ( i'm just waiting on my play field to turn up ). I can't believe i missed this club thread as i usually "home in" on anything BOP related (although i did disregard the BOP 2.0 thread after a brief visit). I wont bother adding pics of my machine as it's in average condition mostly (cab decals on one side are cactus although the other side is smicko=Awesome in Oz slang), head decals are faded and a different colour, play field has patches where the previous owner tried his hand at colour matching and FAILED miserably, BUT new ramps, new head plastic and a host of add on's. I'm champing at the bit to get stuck into the restore of this pin i must say. I've got a question for the BOP club faithful though >>> My machine has ALWAYS never had the ability to change lane with the right flipper button (for the special lit lane change) which also includes putting your name in for high scores, it's constantly had the right flipper switch (no 11) from memory come up as a switch error BUT the flipper works fine. The right flipper switch is exactly the same as the left so i've got no idea why this is and because the machine works fine i've just not worried about it. It's intrigued me though So is something not right or is this normal??

1 week later
#109 5 years ago
Quoted from Swainer80:

InfiniteLives, I have the exact same problem you mention. My BoP worked perfectly then all of a sudden, I couldn't put in my initials or switch the Extra ball light in the lanes. Eventually the error comes up on the display stating check flipper switches.

Has this issue been for both flippers?, mine has NEVER worked (for lane change, etc ) for the right flipper and also has always shown a right flipper switch error as well. What you describe could be the problem with mine although because the flipper still works i've not been too fussed with it.

#114 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I'm on the lookout for the 5 piece purple decal set, anyone know where to get it? I don't want the black set.

Hey MP, this is where i got my set from about 18 months ago, think the price is still the same.
http://www.pinballdecals.com/PartsByGamePages/TMBOP_Page.html
I haven't even seen the black set?? although i'd stick with the purple myself, MMMMMLOVE Purple

#117 5 years ago
Quoted from Morydees:

I saved this post below about the black ones way back when I joined the forum but never saw them for sale anywhere. I've since come to enjoy the stock/purple but I'm still curious if there's a source.

Thanks, definitely different, there is a nice contrast between the bride and the black background but i think i still prefer the purple. I've certainly not spotted the black ones for sale in my internet travels so far.

#119 5 years ago
Quoted from Morydees:

Don't suppose you know of any shops with the combo

This mob have got the 2 main ramps in a set, i've not dealt with them before though so have no idea what they are like, price is a tad steep for the 2 ramps though.
http://www.starship-fantasy.com/ramps/The-Machine-Bride-of-Pinbot-Ramp-Set.
They do normally have the whole set but are currently out of the helmet

#140 5 years ago
Quoted from Outsidedge:

Hey Guys,
Can I get one of you to measure the width and height of your BOP back glass? I am in need of the correct size. If my project works out, I believe you all will like it very much! I need that size if anyone is willing to post... thanks!

Your answer was at post number 132 from Morydees

#167 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

German parts place? Got the name of it?

Do you mean this one MP?
http://www.pinball.center/en/

1 week later
#254 5 years ago
Quoted from T2play:

Does anyone have a yellow heart? Are the yellow and orange heart machines the first runs? Does anyone know why they were done that way?

The ones with yellow inserts are prototype playfields.

#263 5 years ago

Have you seen my high score MP? and with a pic

Quoted from MustangPaul:

Just a reminder, CPR still has the mini pf in stock, $40.

Good reminder mate, got mine when they first became available, still waiting on the big one!!

1 week later
#317 5 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

Any way the cabinet is back with me tomorrow so I promise some more and better photos.</blockquote
Are there any specifics you can share on the purple paint colour?, as in the type of paint, brand, name of the colour. I REALLY dig it

2 months later
#530 5 years ago

Received this in the mail yesterday, the wait is OVER and OMFG was it worth the wait !!
Peter has done a fantastic job on these playfields, awesome clearcoat and NO imperfections. To be honest i'm not a very picky person but i've scanned this with my eyeballs that much my brain really did start to hurt (errmm could have been the few extra celebratory bourbons too )
For those still waiting for their BOP's you will NOT be disappointed believe me, you may be that in love with it you might even consider some unnatural acts with it, LOL.
GREAT JOB PETER!! your legend grows and i'd buy any other playfield off you even if i didn't have the machine.

DSC01990_(resized).JPG

DSC01991_(resized).JPG

DSC01992_(resized).JPG

DSC01993_(resized).JPG

DSC01994_(resized).JPG

DSC01995_(resized).JPG

#536 5 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I'm not sure I'd want to do the PF swap. :/

I've been thinking the same, i may just get it all done professionally cause i just DON'T want to F@#$$K up that gorgeous playfield.

#547 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I just wish I had a local arcade tech, I just can't get my MACH 3 laser game to work.

You still having trouble getting that up and running MP? Roadtrip? Surely there must be someone over there that can get it sorted for you, did you ask the pinside user Pacman from the arcade thread, his work is awesome!
He may know of someone that can help as well, it may be a just a matter of sending off the boards, etc for repair work, might not need to send the whole machine.

1 week later
#575 5 years ago

The adventure begins

DSC02012_(resized).JPG

DSC02017_(resized).JPG

DSC02018_(resized).JPG

DSC02019_(resized).JPG

#589 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Don't think I've ever see a rubber ring that size that's on your mini playfield

LOL, yeah i know, ordered the wrong size super band one's a while back, it still worked fine with no ball hangups but after the restore it shall be changed

#599 5 years ago

Uuuuummmmm does anyone know how these wee things go back together ??

Seriously though, if i can draw peeps attention to the last 2 pics and here's some questions.
A) The wood portions that the cabs sit back on when in storage/transportation mode have completely gone to cheese, no idea why they seem to have water damage (board is flaking apart) cause the rest of the cab is super dooper tight all over, not even any popped seems. The question is has anyone replaced these before? and just how did they do it? or Suggestions??

B) Does anyone else's cab have the pink stickers attached (B19) surely that's not factory applied and if so i doubt it means the cab number?
Discussion and input needed please

Lastly, what's the best way to remove the side rails cause those suckers are stuck on bloody GOOD?

DSC02027_(resized).JPG

DSC02026_(resized).JPG

DSC02025_(resized).JPG

DSC02020_(resized).JPG

DSC02021_(resized).JPG

DSC02022_(resized).JPG

DSC02023_(resized).JPG

DSC02024_(resized).JPG

DSC02028_(resized).JPG

DSC02029_(resized).JPG

#606 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Bragging rights and a beer.

And a bonus Farrah Fawcet poster too me thinks

I've got to get the heat gun out to attack the old decals so will give that a crack on the side rails, sounds like the best option. Cheers
As for the B19, maybe a shipping container number but you would expect that on the outside of the cab not where it's positioned, got me stumped, i was hoping someone in the club may have the same thing on their machines. Also got some nice solid pieces of wood lying around so will make up a set of back rails for it. It does make me wonder if the originals are made out chipboard/particle board to add a little bit of a cushioning effect to the cab when on their backs?

#609 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Looks like your gonna have fun repairing that cab, is the bottom OK? You may have to replace that too because it may have gotten water damaged like the back.

Thanks MP, side rails came off really easy, i didn't even need to use the the chocks as it wasn't taped all along the length of the cab. Decals came off pretty easy too with the heat gun, still a bit of left over gunge to clean off and then on to the repair work. The cabinet is solid all over except those pesky back rails. I did manage to get one off without it busting into pieces so i can use it as a good template. I'm just going to do the Cab repair like you planned with yours and leave the playfield swap over to an expert. I would like to give it a crack sometime in the future but i am NOT going to practice it on my Bride

DSC02030_(resized).JPG

3 weeks later
#664 4 years ago

Does anyone know if the chrome helmet is being sold anywhere?? My helmet is "structurally" as new, but the chrome has chipped off in a lot of places. Before i go to the lengths of getting it re-chromed (which COSTS) thought i would check first to see if anyone has some leads. I've looked in all the places i can think of with no luck whatsoever

#680 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Have you tried emailing Starship and letting them know there's demand for it?

Not as yet MP, pretty sure they would know about the demand though i would think.

Quoted from 85vett:

They've had some at TPF the last couple of years. I'll check this year and if they have some I'll PM you and will pick it up for you if you'd like. TPF is about a month away right now though. Just a heads up though that the last time I did this for someone in Australia shipping was STUPID expensive. I shipped a ramp off and that was about $100 just for the shipping

I really appreciate the offer, TY. With the shipping cost and about $65-$85 (guess) for the actual helmet And after converting over to our crapola dollar rate it's about the same price as getting my helmet chromed. Going off the quality i've seen and experienced from the guys i've used before over here ( i had an STTNG shooter handle done before) the end result will be stunning. To be honest the last helmet i bought which was about 2 years ago had very ordinary chrome on it, flaked extremely easy

Quoted from Chosen_S:

Negative sir, one does not merely shoot krylon at his bride

Especially if it's been shot by a Cylon (groans from the audience)

1 week later
#683 4 years ago

Yesterday i messaged the guys at Pinball Life asking if there would be a run of BOP light baffles as i noticed they have been selling certain other ones on their site. They told me they would look into it and that it would probably have to be done in 2 parts due to the size. I don't know about all you guys but the one on my machine is getting very brittle and had some pieces broken off here and there, it is usable but on it's way out!!
I'd sure like to replace this part when i get my machine restored later in the year, perhaps if they get some more requests for this baffle it "may" add a little more interest for them to make it JOIN me in my quest please

1 month later
#767 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Been so long since I've looked at that spring but it seemed like it was the same size as a pop bumper skirt spring. May check if you have one of those laying around.

Diameter is different isn't it?

#774 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I think candy blue with a clear coat would be pretty awesome

I painted a spare helmet which needed bog work to fix some holes and did it using model paint (Alclad II Laquer) in the prismatic colour Sapphire to Deep Blue. Turned out ok but i was too heavy handed on the coats and it was too dark. I've got another helmet that i just had "something" done to it
I'm keeping mum about it til it turns up in the mail, lol, All will be revealed. Only thing i will say is that peeps will either love it or hate it, i doubt there will be any inbetweeners

#777 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Can't wait, you always do cool stuff

Thanks MP but i doubt any of my "machine fiddlings" stacks up to your Led Mods

#781 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Mancave - I'm taking a guess that you had it hydrodipped. I've been thinking of trying that with my spare helmet that's not real pretty.

BINGO Good Guess!!
I had a few options for the particular film (as they call it) but i was deliberately staying away from anything that had a metal look or for that matter carbon fibre. I wanted something that would blend in with the theme of the machine as much as possible and this was the best fit for the job i felt, called (Galaxy). I'm also planning on changing the flashers to all Purple and also purple LEDS for the helmet, along with a few other ideas i'm brewing, yup, keeping mum about those at the moment The other option was a film called (Pink Lightning) which looked VERY cool but also had a lot darker background, virtually black, just felt it wasn't gonna work as well.
My guess is the purists will hate it, probably lots of peeps will, but i LOVE IT !!!

DSC02173_(resized).JPG

DSC02176_(resized).JPG

DSC02175_(resized).JPG

DSC02174_(resized).JPG

#783 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That looks pretty neat and Comets Purple Passion bulbs will look cool cuz the lens is purple not white.

I'll look into those, gonna have to replace some LEDS anyway

#785 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Looks pretty cool. Looking forward to seeing it installed to get the full vision as I'm having a hard time comprehending the look. hydrodipping is some cool stuff. Sky's the limit now with that process.

Me too Unfortunately that's a few months off before the bride will be back together, i've still got a new helmet that i can use if i'm not entirely happy with the overall look once installed. Also got the original helmet that was in the machine when i bought it (needs some repair work) and i'm thinking about getting that one done in the Pink Lightning film. There's one major thumbs up for having the helmet hydrodipped. As most will know, the chrome on these helmets is pretty crap really and tends to flake off fairly easily, after hydrodipping the film they then coat with a clear gloss to seal it which helps to protect the design from damage.

#791 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Your welcome. The white domes on colored bulbs kinda bums me out, for certain places on the game I wish Comet had red transparent or translucent domes, yellow green etc. like the Purple Passion. Hey Art you reading this?

Sounds like a great idea to me
I've put in my order for some Purple Passion, think they will make that hydrodipped helmet even better.

#796 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Good question. Looks like Morydees will have the answer for us pretty soon.

Now ya tell me

#798 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Sorry about that, I didn't think about that before now.

So will they not work?, flicker?, blow up?

#804 4 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

My son had friends over last night and turned on bop without me knowing it. I went to play some pinball and noticed it was on and ready to play. Hit start and game played with no problem. For now at least my phantom issue is gone as quick as it came. Hopefully it stays that way.

After reading through the attached link and then your last post i gotta agree with the cracked solder joint scenario. The longer a machine has been left on then everything obviously heats up so a dodgy joint starts to work better. I had a similar issue with an unrelated machine (Daytona USA), the longer it was left turned on then the problem "Temporarily" resolved itself

2 months later
#861 4 years ago

Perhaps to stop the prop from banging/scraping against the inside of the cab? they do get loose sometimes, my best guess anyway

1 week later
#867 4 years ago

Looks to me like it's on the way to oblivion (i'm sure no expert on displays though). If you've swapped cables and the connector pins are ok (also no loose contacts on the pin solder) then it can't be much else i can think of.

#869 4 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Does anyone have any idea what the original painted backbox colors (rear, top) were? Were they painted purple? When I re-paint my backbox I'd like to get close to the stock color.

It's interesting that the backbox side art appears a blueish-gray in most photography I see, though the decals appear to be identical to the side cabinet art (purple). I'm guessing this is because the colors were printed on a different medium?

Certainly when i first got my machine the backbox decals were that same blueish-grey, i always wondered if that was from fading. The inside/front of my backbox was black not the purple it shows on this flier. I'm about to repaint mine the final colours after all the pre-coat and i'm doing the inside of the main cab purple. After seeing this i might do the backbox in purple too, looks good

#871 4 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

What type of paint are you using for your primer and final top coats?

There's probably more choices available than you can poke a stick at but i've used Black Epoxy Primer ( Epotec 408 ) over the bare wood, then used 2 Pac automotive semi gloss black paint over that. For the purple areas it will be just Automotive Acrylic Lacquer paint. I looked for some purple house paint (acrylic) in the appropriate colour but was told they couldn't tint it to that darkness (at least here in Oz anyway).

#875 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I'm just wondering here so help me out, if you use a black primer won't the purple top coat be darker then if you use a light gray?

After the 2nd coat of purple not really MP, i'm just not a big fan of doing a grey or white primer coat, mainly cause if by chance the topcoat gets damaged then a lighter base coat shows up more. That's really a personal choice though

#882 4 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

If the gas had leaked out, would it be getting better as it warms up?

Good point!!. I did state i was no expert though

1 week later
#894 4 years ago

Anyone know what happened with the guy who was developing the magnet aprons (Ninjaboot) i think it was?, that thread seems to have closed down

#897 4 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

but he seemed more interested in cranking out new designs than actually producing them

YUP, agree with that point, i even posted about that. If it came down to copyright issues at the end of the day...well i understand what that's all about BUT in a lot of ways that gets right up my nose. Sad cause he had some awesome ideas and artwork in there.

#913 4 years ago
Quoted from pincredible:

Has anyone converted to the wpc slides instead of a single pivot to make access to the pf easier?

Is that actually possible? , if so, great idea

3 weeks later
#931 4 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Here is a link to download the L8 Rom which fixes the billion point bug on from L7 and has the LED ghosting patch applied: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kvmcyqbrowfas1q/Tmbopl_8b.rom?dl=0

Anyone able to burn a rom chip for me?? I don't have the facilities to do that

3 weeks later
#938 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

What the heck does NB for that 8 amp 32v fuse mean? 8 amp, 32v NB?????

I can only guess No Blow, which kinda defeats the purpose of a fuse in the first place
Not sure what else it could be MP?

#950 4 years ago
Quoted from tfduda:

Does anyone have measurements of the wire of the one way gate that operates just down from the pop bumper area?

This should help you out although it's in metric but i'm sure you'll be able to convert the measurements no worries. Sorry about the colour on the second pic, i printed the first pic out so i could write on the measurements but the printer was bang out of ink
The 14mm length on the right hand side bends towards the camera (the rest is sitting flat on the bench). I estimate the bend upwards is between 35 to 40 degrees. All measurements are to the outside of the bends if that makes sense. By the way, i should also mention that the bar the gate attaches to is in the correct orientation to the machine, so the open end is held down by a locknut and the other is screwed down to the wooden rail. The wire is backwards in the photo, so the 14mm bent end goes towards the open end of the bar. Ummm hope that's clearer than mud

DSC02571 (resized).JPG
DSC02572 (resized).JPG

#952 4 years ago
Quoted from tfduda:

Thanks so very much Mancave!

No worries at all, my BOP is still in bits waiting for the rebuild so it was easy to get to.

#956 4 years ago
Quoted from tfduda:

pop bumper area to the primary playfield (that is, the ramp just down and to the right of the heart ramp)

Ahhh Ok, the one attached to the right ramp (left side of it). I can get to that one even easier Have you got the rest of the assembly though? that gate activates a switch. Here's some pics to make sure this is what you need.

DSC02573 (resized).JPG

DSC02574 (resized).JPG

#958 4 years ago

Righto, gotcha this time! Yup, still no ink, lol. The measurement 26.5mm is most likely 27mm just like the opposite side but measuring that's what it looked like, when you look at the piece though it would be the same size both sides just my wire has a bit of a bend in it i think. The 14mm right hand section is again bent towards the camera and it would be bang on 45 degrees i'm tipping. The left hand 39 mm end is also slightly bent towards the camera (about the last 5 or 6mm at the tip), not sure if it's supposed to be like that as it's not like the piece can come out of the metal bar anyway. That left hand tip is also flattened somewhat about 2-3mm at the end, could be it was stuffed with by a previous owner, not sure. Anyway....so to charges, let's calculate ......part removal and re-attaching, labour, measurement surcharge, pen ink, eye strain......Ohhhh no charge for the printer ink as there was bugger all anyway Hope that helps Duda, should get you fixed up this time!

DSC02575 (resized).JPG

DSC02576 (resized).JPG

#967 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I wish. But no I don't have a fully rebuilt one, I have a bunch of new parts but that's about it.

Same, i have an attractive pile of bits waiting for placement A forlorn looking playfield expectantly awaiting tear down, a still unfinished cab hanging out for the final coating of paint and a spiffy new playfield going ballistic in it's box wanting some love!

#970 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

You have the solid oak side rails for it?

Nooo, where are they available from? I don't think i've even seen a post about them. Are they coated in black vinyl like the originals?

2 weeks later
#1001 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I'm missing a part... Anyone know a source for the rail protector at the shooter lane?

If no-one has that part spare i'm pretty sure it wouldn't be too hard to make.

4 weeks later
#1058 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

The ramps are still available

Starship Fantasy? .........YUP. just checked, IN STOCK

#1083 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Looks nice but I don't see any mods

Yeah there is......4 balls stuck behind the apron

#1138 4 years ago
Quoted from Cheese_WizardPQ:

I never really understood why there is a space shuttle in this game

It's on the Translite image

1 week later
#1160 4 years ago
Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

Mine has the yellow inserts and diamond plated playfield

SWEET, if that's an original in great shape it's probably worth 2 of the regular one's in similar condition. I don't believe there were too many made of the prototype playfield. I have one now but it's a repro

#1167 4 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Nothing is on the playfield here, it's just an empty hole.

I'm missing the T-nut entirely on my machine but i'm wondering if there may have been a support hex screwed to the underside of the end of the egg crate plastic. It's pretty close to lining up directly under that hole.

#1170 4 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Just took a look on my game.....is it the t-nut that holds the wireform for the shooter?

Nope, that's not it.

1 month later
#1260 4 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Time-lapse video of our teardown and reassembly:

Man that is AWESOME I'd fire your cat though, spent most of the time sleeping on the job and didn't seem to give a rat's arse about the rebuild

1 week later
#1269 3 years ago
Quoted from Catalyze:

My BOP was an export model when produced. So...... when you take out the batteries guess what you have when you start up?

If you replace the batteries whilst the machine is on (carefully) you don't revert back to factory settings. BUT anyhoo, you've got it sorted now I can't recommend changing to NVRam enough, banged on about this many times and i'm still banging on Forget battery changing forever!!! Worth the money and the only drawback i can mention is if you might need to get the Ram chip space socketed (some of the original Ram's were soldered directly to the board, depends on machine).

#1276 3 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Is there a thread on doing the nvram upgrade?

Have a look at the Ram chip on your CPU board, if it's already socketed and not soldered to the board it's a simple matter of removing the original Ram chip and replacing with the NVRam chip

1 month later
#1284 3 years ago

Just spotted this on FB >>>> https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2017/03/27/news-dutch-pinball-unveils-bride-of-pinbot-25th-anniversary-news-about-big-le

My initial reactions are... Translite? OMG it's bloody hideous, some may like it, that's ok, does nothing for me.
The artwork for the redesigned playfield......Bleeeggggghhhh, definitely NOT keen.
Price..... Are you freckin kidding me???????? and that is, i presume, US dollars, over here in Oz after converting to our crap dollar and all the added extras, that would be closer to 14 Grand BUGGER THAT !!!

2 weeks later
#1290 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

BOP 3D tl is next one to be done.

Which one to go with though MP? i know you've mentioned having the CPR mirrored glass version and so have i. It's hard to make a call until the 3D version is revealed of course. Look forward to the unveiling

2 months later
#1327 3 years ago
Quoted from TimO:

Should I just try to trim the offending edge away with a knife?

It would be extremely difficult to do without scouring the artwork with the blade.

#1328 3 years ago

Just recently received a package from Ron @ pinballplatingandmore, a set of chrome back box hinges and a chrome lock down bar for my "in waiting" BOP restore. I can't speak highly enough about the beautiful finish on these parts, so THANKS Ron

#1340 3 years ago

There's a BIG difference between ratted out and 7K

#1347 3 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

It looks amazing, I'm surprised that you're considering letting it go

Agreed, i would be keeping it

#1349 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That's not his way, he's always looking for a new project, when he finds one he doesn't stop till it's perfect. I should sell mine and buy his.

Mine is still in bits

1 month later
#1369 3 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

Wild guess here, but based on that date being much newer than the pin itself, it's a reproduction playfield from Peter.

I would tend to agree but 2009? My repro was from the first batch and i haven't had it that long. Curious why it would be printed that date

1 month later
#1390 3 years ago
Quoted from Fourbyracer:

Here is a closup picture of Don Krapers burningman BOP 2.0. He told me he had extra material left over from redoing the sides so he put some on the cover. I have always wanted to do something to mine as well.

That's not bad but i think i would prefer a decal of some sort, not just a solid colour. I will have a tinker later on today, see what i can come up with

#1392 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Maybe something that's iriadescent or opelescent.(how ever you spell those)

I knew what ya meant MP You could even use the same material that is used on some spinners but at the moment i'm leaning towards another style decal

#1394 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Knowing you I'll be interested to see what you come up with

I've got 3 ideas for a decal but my paint.net program is driving me nuts at the moment

#1397 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

You'll finger it out.

Typo's are a biatch

#1398 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Knowing you I'll be interested to see what you come up with.

Anyway, here's a few ideas i stuffed around with, these aren't sized correctly as yet, just mocked up to see what they might come out like. These would have to be stuck to the top of that plastic, not inside it, and of course i haven't allowed for the rivet heads either . Another thought would be to use that chrome/mirror finish tape like what is used inside the Fish Tales topper dome, anything has gotta look better than just plain white surely
Now i know the 3rd one looks stretched but that's unavoidable cause the original picture was wider and it needed to be narrower to fit the basic size of the plastic. When you click on the pics the resolution is better by the way. Anyyyyyhoooo, thoughts?

Bride decal 1 (resized).jpg
Bride decal 2 (resized).jpg
Bride decal 3 (resized).jpg

#1405 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That 3rd one pops rather nicely. But how would it look with the rivet heads cut out?

The 2 screws heads to the right of the plastic wouldn't cover much but i'm guesstimating that the rivet head will end up smack dab on the brides head, perhaps a tad lower. It will be possible to shape the decal no worries, i just made them rectangular to start with but yeah, that rivet head is the hardest to get around for an image like that one.

#1406 3 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

I like the ideas for a better decal for the ball lock cover, but has anyone played with using the cartoon astronauts to be working on something for that sticker?

I was thinking something along those lines also, had a google for images and there wasn't much that was very useful. It would probably work ok to scan/copy some of the astronauts off the playfield or plastics though
I will have another go at it later on today.

#1407 3 years ago

Another option could be just one larger astronaut pic, something like this perhaps?

Astronaut decal (resized).jpg

1 week later
#1411 3 years ago

Geeez i forgot about doing some work on that design, sorry guys, been all over the place with various projects lately. I will try and get back to that really soon.

#1412 3 years ago
Quoted from TimO:

I like that idea; like they are climbing out of her cleavage

The ball lock cover sits above that area though, if anything it's left of center on her neck or just below that. If you look at the bride pic on the translite there's not a great deal of detail in that area so just scanning that particular area to marry with the translite pic and adding some little astronauts to it, well, it might look a bit weird.

#1413 3 years ago

So i got out the scanner today and unwrapped my BOP play field and scanned all the little astronauts and also all the astronauts on the translite as well. I also scanned the area on both playfield/translite about where the ball lock cover should relatively be. The attached 2 pics are a bit pixelly, wont be like this when it is reduced to decal size, you guys will get the idea though. As i suspected it will be a barren backdrop to add astronauts to but might be able to do something with it. Thought's on which of these backdrops to use, if not either of these What?

IMAG0011 (resized).JPG

IMAG0017 (resized).JPG

#1414 3 years ago

Sorry, yeah click on them they won't be so bloody huge

#1416 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I'd say the top one, more going on and more colors.

I had a go at adding some astronauts to that pic, the one's scanned from the translite, but i think it will just look out of place with the other playfield plastics. I spent about an hour fiddling and F%^%$%G around and in the end got the shits with it and deleted, lol.
I think it's gonna have to be done with the lesser detail astronauts scanned from the playfield and see what i can do with that. I just don't have the skills to create astronauts from scratch in paint.net program be bloody handy though.

#1417 3 years ago

I had a bit of spare time today and this is what i came up with for a first draft. Welcome to tell me it's crap And yeah i know it's ROUGH around the edges of the astronauts, i just did a basic one to start with and see how the images fit and decide on placement.
Thought's? Idea's?

Decal draft 1 (resized).jpg

#1421 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That plastic is so small you'd never see those little guys unless you looked really hard.

They could be made larger, no worries about that. These are about the same scale as they are on the other plastics and playfield though.
Any other ideas for images MP? Just having the background alone might be a bit too bland.

#1423 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Can't think of anything, except to light it up from the underside

You're plotting a light-up already aren't ya

#1448 3 years ago

Any other suggestions for the ball lock plastic decal? or should i just give up and drown myself in bourbon...... mind you pickled Aussie is not a good look, especially if i decide to wear my Borat green mankini
SERIOUSLY though...some idea input would be great about now!!

#1450 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

When I had PhotoShop I'd take a picture like the little guys, cut them out then blow them up to see the stair stepping and use a paint brush tool and smooth all that out. For one little guy it would probably take me 4 hours, cuz I would work over the whole image one way or another.

Hmmm not sure if i can do it that way in paint.net MP. When you add the astronauts you click on the picture, use the rectangle grab tool to highlight around the astronaut and then use "paste into new layer" to add to the background picture and then use the erase tool to go around the edges of the astronaut. In doing the erase part you are then regaining the covered over background. I know you can size the astronaut to what you want but as soon as you start the erase part i don't think you can then resize back again. It's gonna take a bit more fiddling and practice i think

#1452 3 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

Recently joined!

Welcome to the club, looks to be in great condition

#1467 3 years ago
Quoted from Draegermeister:

Any tips? Are you slowing the ball at the end of the ramp or anything to save the posts.

I am wondering why the ball is going into your mini playfield at a speed that can break a mini post? Are you missing that little ball gate at the end of the ramp?

#1469 3 years ago

So i worked out how to clean up the little dude images and redid the first draft. Whilst i was at it i also did another with the astronauts from the translite so here's the 2 choices so far. The only thing i need to add will be the cutouts on the right hand side where the 2 screws go and the rivet head that sits near the center. Sizing is pretty close although it may look way big in the pics. Thoughts?

Draft 2 (resized).jpg

Draft 3 (resized).jpg

#1471 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I like the second one.

Need any changes you think, placement of the dudes, alterations of the dudes, different dudes
Despite my thoughts that this one would look out of place with the play field plastics and the play field itself, using the coloured characters from the translite as it does. I think i'm leaning towards this one myself.

#1475 3 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

How about just this one... Easy

Yeah you could do that too, i was just trying to get something that matches where the plastic is situated so it blends in to it's place......well trying anyway

2 weeks later
#1483 3 years ago
Quoted from Devilsmuse:

Mancave, I got an idea, you don't have to do it. I'm not tryin to tell you what to do. Here's th idea imagine instead off matching the background of the machine, what if it were a intergalactic shipping crate or industrial sized shipping box, with USA and Nasa logos, where the stickers say light when locked, that is the end of the shipping container - the door and there are space men in spacesuits opening th door and crawling around the outside of th crate. Or it simply could be a hanger for the space shuttles. I am an illustrator and retoucher by trade. Let me sketch something up In the next week or so and. I will run it by you guys.

Go for it be interested to see what you come up with.

#1486 3 years ago
Quoted from OzPaul:

Joining the club today, it’s been over twelve months in the making and almost there

Welcome to the club, machine looks great
Mine is still some months away from resto but your pics are making me antsy, lol
Another Paul in the club?, might be too many now i vote MP out

2 weeks later
#1495 3 years ago
Quoted from Devilsmuse:

Let me sketch something up In the next week or so and. I will run it by you guys

Any updates?

4 months later
#1566 2 years ago
Quoted from remf:

One thing I am wondering though is the translight looks good, but if you zoom in on it, it looks like some of it is getting separated from the glass. Do you know if there is any fix for that?

That usually happens over time, the translite will create slight air gaps between the glass, mainly cause of heat i assume. Just carefully remove the plastic strips and reset the translite, a good clean of the glass doesn't hurt either while you're at it. I have found that sometimes you can get a slight oily appearance between the glass and the translite, just needs a decent clean to sort it.

10 months later
#1640 1 year ago

Have you tried re-seating the sound rom chip/s?

#1644 1 year ago

Arrggghhhhh..shit man i feel bad for suggesting it now seemed the most likely thing to check first though.
There is possibly other places to get hold of the sound rom set but these guys do have them, need to choose your machine from the drop down list i think.
https://ksarcade.net/bally-williams-wpc-sound-a-12738-eprom-set.html

1 month later
#1662 1 year ago

Movement at the station....... getting excited to have the old girl back together

BOP1 (resized).jpgBOP2 (resized).jpgBOP3 (resized).jpgBOP4 (resized).jpg
#1666 1 year ago

Cheers Paul I'm really looking forward to playing Bride again as it's been over 2 years in pieces now. The PF swap/rebuild is being done by someone else whom i know does fantastic work. Apart from the fact i just didn't want to try my first ever full blown PF rebuild on this machine i just haven't had the spare time to do a major job like this (also still don't have a rotisserie) As you know i still have a Getaway mod that i still haven't completed I really need to quit my bad habit of kicking off new projects until i have completed all the outstanding others.

#1674 1 year ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

I like those black assemblies. Good thinking!

Cheers It wasn't my idea that but i do think it's a good one and being powder coated i had the choice of any colour.

1 week later
#1682 1 year ago

A couple more progress pics.

BOP5 (resized).jpgBOP6 (resized).jpgBOP7 (resized).jpg
#1684 1 year ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

That helmet is oh so cool!

Did you get a street artist to do that ?

I had it hydro coated a year or so back. You can choose a heap of different patterns/designs. This one in particular was called Galaxies from memory, was either this or the one called Pink Lightning but i thought this one fitted the machine better.

3 weeks later
#1685 1 year ago

Getting much closer now A lot of the parts for the rebuild i had accumulated over a 2 year period and certain ideas i had (the helmet hydro coating, purple flashers and rubbers, etc) were just a mental picture of what i thought may look cool once all together. I'm really pleased how this is looking, it's quite close to how i imagined it would be. Can't wait to play my Bride again!!

BOP10 (resized).jpgBOP12 (resized).jpgBOP13 (resized).jpgBOP8 (resized).jpgBOP9 (resized).jpg
#1688 1 year ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I gotta start on mine one of these days.

Get stuck in mate!! No time like the present as they say

#1690 1 year ago
Quoted from dpannell:

Incredible work! That game will be much better than new. That helmet is out of this world. Someone should reproduce it. I assume you've thought about the 2.0 upgrade for this game?

Cheers, but i can't take credit for the work itself that's being done for me by someone i trust to do an awesome job. Anyone could get their helmet done like i have, i would presume that any hydro coating business would have access to or have in stock that particular pattern (checked up and it's called Galaxy). I'm actually not that keen on the 2.0 version, much rather keep this machine the regular version. Whilst talking about regular i LOVE purple so although the black cab decals do look cool it's NOT for me
For those that are interested, this will provide a basic idea of the process.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrographics_(printing)
My helmet was also coated in a clear to seal in the design permanently which i believe is a standard thing to do also.

1 week later
#1693 1 year ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

Okay, started the work on my cab, I used the heatgun to remove the decals. Right side went so fast, like 10 to 15 minutes to remove the whole decal. The front decal and the left side was a whole different cup of tea, got me thinking that the right side wasn't the original decal. Right side wasn't faded as much as the left and front. But it turns out left and front has waaaaaay less glue recidu and that leftover glue was very easy to sand down. Another thing I noticed is the print that is left on the wood (see 3rd picture), this is very distinct and still visible after sanding. Can this be caused by UV light which is causing some kind of reaction of the glue and the wood on some level?

Anyway, I made a mistake when bondo-ing the front, can anyone find my mistake?

I've not seen that before, having the image of the bride imprinted in the wood i didn't have that on my cab that's for sure. I found a good citrus based liquid like orange power plus a paint scraper helped remove the glue residue on my cab. Hmmm did you bog up the coin door bolt hole on the left hand side?

#1697 1 year ago

Mine sure had decals on the cab, crinkled up like a vinyl decal from the application of a heat gun in the removal process, and had the typical head sides that were almost a blue colour from fading. Not sure how else you can explain the left over glue residue!

#1702 1 year ago
Quoted from Marvin:

Lots of people think they have decals when they see the white layer but that's a vinyl layer bonded to the wood when the cabinets were built to act as a substrate for the screening.

Technically speaking that is still a decal. I have a NOS set of decals for a Sega Manx twin machine which were screen printed decals NOT digital printed copies, right down to having the small white dot "stipple" which is associated with screen printing. Just because the white layer of vinyl was applied to the cab first and then screen printed on does not discount the fact it is still technically speaking a decal!! These cabs were not screen printed/painted directly onto wood (on top of a base coat) like early Bally/Williams games, for Eg: Space Invaders, etc.
To expand further on this, all digitally printed decals of today start off as a white vinyl "substrate" (in a roll) before going through the ink printing process!

1 month later
#1735 1 year ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

Some new pics

What's the board in your 3rd pic for?

1 week later
#1748 1 year ago
Quoted from Scoot:

So can I just sand down the cabinet or will I need a heat gun and scrape he layer off?

Do you intend to repaint the cab before applying the new decals? If so i would use a heat gun and scrape off the white vinyl layer back to bare wood (may need to use an orange based cleaner to remove the residue also) Then you can patch up any holes if needed and get a nice smooth finish before applying the decals.

1 month later
#1758 1 year ago

It's getting so much closer, can't wait to play it again
BOPR1 (resized).jpgBOPR2 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#1764 1 year ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

Does anyone’s BoP ball sometime have trouble ejecting from the kick out into the shooter lane when one ball is locked in the optics faze. Seems like mine bounces off the side of the cabinet and goes right back in the eject hole. Takes a few tries sometimes to get it out. Noticed same thing on one at a bar so it must be something common. Is there any fix to this? It’s not really “broken” but is minorly annoying

I haven't tried this but it's just a thought. Perhaps try a small piece of the soft, felt half of some velcro stripping, the type that has a sticky backing. It might deaden the bounce enough that it won't make the ball rebound back into the trough?

1 month later
#1770 1 year ago

Today was a good day....no scratch that....it was a bloody AWESOME day
After more than 3 years in the bits and pieces wilderness my Bride came back home and after a solid 3 hours of playtime i can confirm that BOP is the shizz!!!
Just for the record it's most DEFINITELY purple, that's just my camera being a twat
Even Eddie from Iron Maiden joined in the fun

DSC04559 (resized).JPGDSC04560 (resized).JPGDSC04561 (resized).JPGDSC04563 (resized).JPGDSC04564 (resized).JPGDSC04565 (resized).JPGDSC04568 (resized).JPGDSC04569 (resized).JPGDSC04576 (resized).JPGDSC04578 (resized).JPGDSC04579 (resized).JPGDSC04580 (resized).JPGDSC04581 (resized).JPGDSC04582 (resized).JPGDSC04583 (resized).JPGDSC04584 (resized).JPG
#1773 1 year ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Aren't you going to take the clear film off the face ball guides

Well spotted!!! I didn't even realise that there was a film on the top edge of those guides. Now it's been brought up i'm wondering if it wouldn't hurt for them to stay there? They don't really look out of place in the scheme of things and might even help to prevent that top edge from yellowing over time perhaps. Thoughts?

#1776 1 year ago

Anyone have a link to some nice instruction and free play cards? On the machine originally i had some of those backlit cards but i won't be using them now. Although they do look pretty good, they do create a slight hum when in use, from the small transformers that come with them i'm guessing. I've seen a few designs for cards but nothing has really grabbed me yet

#1781 1 year ago

Added a couple of mods back on today. I had to repair the topper as it sustained some damage in storage unfortunately.
Thanks for the offer Jakusu but i can't print anything with my current printer at the moment my old one i could print an item to any size up to A4 but this new one has no options for doing your own sizing.... well not that i've found as yet.

DSC04586 (resized).JPGDSC04587 (resized).JPGDSC04589 (resized).JPG
#1783 1 year ago
Quoted from nightsearcher:

That is one gorgeous topper Mancave!

Cheers, it's a Laseriffic topper and they still make these too. The chrome of the bride is reflecting some other colour, not normally blotchy like that with the patchy blues, etc.

#1785 1 year ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I have that one too, those things coming out of her head break off REAL easy.

That's exactly where it broke too Paul

#1790 1 year ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Where did you get the faces for the coin door? Very cool!

These were printed on photo paper and i swapped over the standard red coin reject/coin slot plastic with the clear plastic kit's from Pinball Life and also used purple LED'S (can never have too much purple plus it breaks the chrome of the door nicely)
I redid them again the other night to the full size that can be fitted into the reject button covers, finally sorted out how to work my printer program

DSC04591 (resized).JPG
1 week later
#1799 1 year ago

Added some spinner decals, always disliked the prismatic plain decal on these. These look cool when spinning They aren't as 'fuzzy' as what the pics suggest, it's my damn camera playing up
DSC04620 (resized).JPGDSC04621 (resized).JPG

#1802 1 year ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Those look sharp Paul

Cheers Paul!! I knew there was something bugging me in the back of my mind every time i played the machine, something seemed missing and after printing out the faces for the coin return inserts the light bulb snapped on I was originally going to go with the first 2 faces of the bride but felt it just wasn't going to look right? A mate of mine dropped around for a few games and i mentioned about the idea of the first 2 faces and his reply was "Geezuz, it will look like a sex doll spinning flat out" Let's just say that sold me on the latter 2 faces!!

1 week later
#1807 1 year ago
Quoted from mrWol64:

Just put the Bride face spinner decals on,.. nice !! Simple cheap mod,.. hit that spinner..

Cheers mate!! Glad you like them it's made me want to hit that spinner more

1 month later
#1815 1 year ago
Quoted from Morinack:

Joining the club. Picked my girl up clearly Fall last year. Always wanted one and couldn't be happier.
Replaced the weak sauce LEDs with new ones from Comet. Replaced left and right ramps, a new glass, and added the plasma feature.

Original prototype PF or has this one been restored with a repro?

3 weeks later
#1836 11 months ago
Quoted from oradke:

Alright guys, I've started to check my new BOP for errors. First problem: The through switch does not register, so BOP never detects drains. I looked at the switch (it does click) and all the soldering points (look fine). What would be the next diagnostic steps?

Mmmm maybe the switch is bad but these don't normally blow out internally. Maybe a possible break in the wire string somewhere on the way back to the main boards?? Try following the wires back along the loom and see if you can spot an obvious break somewhere. Any other switches that aren't working in test?

1 month later
#1869 10 months ago

The Bally/Williams purple domes should be the same size as all the other colours. Not sure if there are varying sizes for Data East or later Gottliebs?? The purple ones i bought for my restore were definitely the same size as the red ones that were originally on the helmet.

9e871decc9f41592337ca20da4633010166fd8ad (resized).jpg
7 months later
#1991 3 months ago

Is it even sitting down onto that hex post, little bit hard to see from the pic angle? That would be the cause i would be thinking. If the support posts for the mini playfield are correct then it has to be the ramp sitting up too high.

1 week later
#2016 80 days ago

I bought a Rottendog driver board for a JD project machine some years back and had issues with that also, which has led me to steer clear of them ever since. My thoughts at the time was that i just got unlucky with a possible dodgy new board but since then have heard of quite a few disappointing reports

4 weeks later
#2050 50 days ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

The playfield is just ok, but has a few small areas worn down to bare wood and it's pretty flaky. Does anybody sell a hardtop for BOP? All I could find are a full playfield decal overlay or just a clear protector. I would love to give her the hardtop treatment.

I'm fairly sure that Buthamburg are redoing the repro PF's again. They are very, very good

#2063 48 days ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

The sticker issue raises it's ugly head again

LOL this has come up before yep and i argued at the time that although the originals were not a decal like the new repro type..technically speaking they are virtually the same thing. All modern decals are a vinyl base (usually white but can be clear) that's printed on digitally. The originals as far as i know used a very similar white vinyl base and were screen printed as you mention. Horses for courses as they say When i stripped my BOP for the restore it had the same vinyl undercoating and removed in the same way you would remove a modern decal that's stuck on well, heat gun and scraper. Seems also that a LOT of original BOP's had that colour discrepancy between the headbox and cab sides. Mine was like that and from what i can recall all the original machines i've seen over the pond here have been the same.
Edit* I must also mention that my backbox was not only a blueish colour but was also a screen printed vinyl base like the cab sides.

#2067 47 days ago
Quoted from Biglouie:

Thanks for the information gentlemen. Exactly what I was trying to figure out.

It seems a shame to decal, but it's very washed out on the sides, backbox just seems different, no under vinyl.

I've ordered a new playfield from Peter, so I'm pretty much all in now. Black decals for back and cabinet I think, but it's a tough tough call.

From all the info i've gathered over the years i've been in pinball collecting (about 12) and here on Pinside there was variations with a lot of things in production of machines. This includes various manufacturers of cabinets, playfields and most likely, in the finishing of the cabinets. A mate of mine has a BOP and his backbox was screen printed directly onto wood and the cab had the vinyl substrate screen printed whereas mine had the screen printed vinyl cab and backbox. You won't regret the repro PF's from Peter, they are top notch quality!!! I've got to disagree on the black decals though They do look cool i gotta agree BUT i LOVE my purple!!

#2079 46 days ago
Quoted from rkahr:

I didn't notice any softness at all, but mine sat for several months before I installed it

Mine was perfectly fine also but it did sit in a box for over 12 months before it was used.

2 weeks later
#2092 31 days ago
Quoted from Biglouie:

If it's a brushless DC motor, I guess the direction is controlled by switching polarity.

I'll need to find schematics or just wolire it up and test I guess.

Those motors are well and truly pre brushless so just the bog standard type and i'm fairly sure that switching polarity will just make the motor turn the opposite direction. Great job on the face ball guides BTW!!

4 weeks later
#2118 3 days ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

Does anyone know of a vendor that sells the light bellows/diffusor that goes on the light board behind the translight? Mine is a bit brittle.

I emailed them at Pinball Life quite some time ago about whether they would get these remade (they sell remakes of some baffles). The response from memory was that it would probably have to be remade in 2 halves and that they may look into it. Nothing has come to light yet unfortunately but i would deffo be in for a couple if they did them.

#2121 3 days ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Have recently heard from a realible source that these are in the works but no eta as of yet

From Pinball Life or another source? either way shout out LOUD when you have knowledge of them up for sale please, it's the only thing i couldn't find for my restored machine

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 350.00
Boards
Pinball Basement

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mancave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside