2 (resized).jpg
20230107_193858 (resized).jpg
BOP_pinbot_values (resized).png
DSC06303 (resized).JPG
DSC06302 (resized).JPG
DSC06301 (resized).JPG
CE093284-D2E7-434C-94F7-231E5F890FC5 (resized).jpeg
20230730_133932 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider infinitelives.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#73 8 years ago

Just joined! Drove 12 hours each way to get my Pin*Bot his bride.

Shes pretty dirty, gonna clean her up tonight. Plays 100%. a few lights out on the playfield, mainly the pop bumpers (those look like a pain in the ass to get to) Fully LED'd

I have some display issues as well, going to replace the 39k ohm 2watt resistors on the R48 and R49 and see if that helps.

The GI in the backbox doesnt work for the non robot section so ill have to figure that out.

Has remote battery back installed but its not saving anything, resets to default settings every power up, might have broke a solder joint in transit or something.

IMG_20150823_222124.jpgIMG_20150823_222124.jpg

#77 8 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

BoP 2.0 in the future?

i dont know if i can drop that kinda money on a game i already have that plays 100% when I could add another to the collection for the same price. maybe one day when I run outta room that could be an option.

#83 8 years ago

So Im having an issue with my new BOP, wondering if anyone here has any insight before I start a tech thread.

Everytime I get a score for the high score list, no letters show up to put in initials, its just blank. I can hit the flipper buttons a bunch and it stays blank, no matter how I enter the blank spaces, when the high scores scroll they are blank as well. The game does not have a battery hooked up at the moment so it resets to default settings everytime, so im not sure if this is the reason it is doing this or if I have an issue somewhere else.

EDIT: I think i found the problem, the U7 and U8 opto isolators are bad.

#87 8 years ago

unfortunately i soldered the new parts in today and it still doesnt let me move the cursor for initials on high scores or move the extra ball lit in the in/out lanes during gameplay. super bummed as i got everything else going on her

1 week later
#110 8 years ago
Quoted from Swainer80:

InfiniteLives, I have the exact same problem you mention. My BoP worked perfectly then all of a sudden, I couldn't put in my initials or switch the Extra ball light in the lanes. Eventually the error comes up on the display stating check flipper switches. Your problem has just inspired me to get off my butt and find the problem. (it is a good news/bad news kind of thing though) As you know (with replacing the 2 chips on the driver board) that the flipper switches are not physical "switches". They use those two chips to close when they sense current on the right and left flipper, but they do work with the switch matrix on the CPU board though.
This is NOT done through IDC conectors at J206/207 (Column drive) or J208/209 (Return rows) at the bottom of the CPU board. This is communicated through the wide J202 Ribbon cable on the right hand side of the CPU board. Pin 1 is the column driver (column 1) that goes to the 2 chips. I first checked to see if column 1 was pulsing (using a logic probe) on the redundant pins on J206 (Column 1 is green/brown on terminal 1) and it was. Then i checked Terminal 1 at the J202 ribbon cable pins on the cpu (turning off the game first, waiting for the indicator leds on the driver board to fade off, then taking off the ribbon at the CPU and turning it back on again), here is where it gets weird, at first it was flat then it started pulsing. After turning the game off, replacing the cable then slightly lifting the cable off the driver board to probe pin 1 it did the same thing. Lastly i checked the legs of the chips themselves. Did the exact same thing, first no pulse, then sort of faded on to a full pulse. Once they were pulsing I did the switch edge test and sure as shit the flippers were registering. That is the bad news, I don't know why by just putting on the logic probe that the drive circuit started working again.
Fiddling with the ribbon cable maybe?
After typing all this I went down to test the switches again and they are registering.
My advice is to probe the bottom right leg of each of the chip and see if they are pulsing. If not, check terminal 1 at J202 on the CPU to see if you even have a pulse there (if so, it might be just be the cable not connecting well), if not, then there might be a problem with a trace on the board. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that it is a poor connection.
If you don't have a probe id re-seat the ribbon cable on both sides for the hell of it, hopefully it works.
If that doesn't fix it i'd recommend getting a logic probe to better "see" what is or isn't going on.
That is where I am worried. I is obvious that there was some battery damage and work done on my board, I hope it is not a trace going bad.
Good Luck

Thanks for the info!

I will check today after work. I am about to send in my cpu board cable and driver board to John Wart Jr to see if he could fix it, but if its just the ribbon cable that would be nice

#160 8 years ago

sounds impossible even if it is included in the game

6 months later
#756 8 years ago

Can some one snap a pic of the connectors around j135. There are 2 connects and 3 sets of header pins all the same size and I forgot to label them when I took out the solenoid driver board. Couldnt figure it out from the pdf of the manual

#761 8 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

Hope this is what youre looking for

image_(resized).jpeg

Thanks, thats exactly what I needed.
Cheers!
-Dave

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
$ 27.95
£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 9.99
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Albany, NY
$ 9.95
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider infinitelives.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-clubnon-20?tu=infinitelives and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.