Topic Stats

• 1,786 posts
  • 161 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by MustangPaul
  • Topic is favorited by 71 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 652 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSC04589 (resized).JPG
DSC04587 (resized).JPG
DSC04586 (resized).JPG
WIP_BOP 5 (resized).jpg
20191109_162618 (resized).jpg
20190210_081722 (resized).jpg
DSC04584 (resized).JPG
DSC04583 (resized).JPG
DSC04582 (resized).JPG
DSC04581 (resized).JPG
DSC04580 (resized).JPG
DSC04579 (resized).JPG
DSC04578 (resized).JPG
DSC04576 (resized).JPG
DSC04569 (resized).JPG
DSC04568 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fourbyracer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#987 3 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

if i need an apron, should i be looking for BOP apron or system 11? they look pretty similar.

Right now there is an entire Apron on ebay but I wouldnt pay that much. Where it differs from other system 11 games is it has metal wires all around the front side of it. The first group of WPC games had those. If you just need the stickers for it, BOP actually has the standard system 11 apron--that is nothing special as far as the name of the game or anything. You can find the entire sticker set for it here at Little Shop of Games: http://littleshopofgames.com/product/system-11-apron-decals/

I purchased that set and just needed the Williams logo. It is pretty close, but not the perfect size if you are applying it over the existing one. I cheated the logo up a little to cover and then the stripes had to be bent slightly down. Mine did come out good however when applied over my old one (that had scratches in the logo), and the lock bar pretty much covers the bottom stripes anyway so it works just fine.

I have the 2 side pieces (lane change) and the shooter sticker still unused if someone needs those. $5 each.

Good luck

IMG_20160929_065012 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#997 3 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I'm missing a part... Anyone know a source for the rail protector at the shooter lane?

The part is called "Shooter Gauge Plate" apparently and Bay Area Amusements has new ones in stock. They are un-painted. So you paint it black, and I have the sticker you need that I will send to you for $5. Total investment looks to be under $20.

http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=BAA&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=SH-31-1009

Send me a PM if you want the gauge sticker.

#1002 3 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

If no-one has that part spare i'm pretty sure it wouldn't be too hard to make.

After I realized he was talking about a different part than I found, I told him the same thing. I told him to hit up Cliffy first as I think that would be right up his alley!

2 weeks later
#1030 3 years ago
Quoted from tfduda:

Same thing occasionally happens with mine (~5% of time sounds right).

Mine too. I just watched mine very closely for 5 balls and it hits the end of a rubber on the Pinbot playfield. Its on the right, just after the gate. I think sometimes it hits it just right and the gate is still open and it comes back down--but haven't seen it happen yet. Guess it would be pretty easy to stand there and fire balls till it did. That issue has never made it to the top of my list though!

#1034 3 years ago
Quoted from Crater:

Hey everyone, I was wondering if someone could help me out. I recently bought a BoP that needed a little love. I got a reproduction plastic set and noticed that there were two plastic pieces that mine did not possess when I bought it. I've searched through the manual, but I just can't seem to find where they go.....

Very hard to take a picture of but here it is. Very top of playfield, just like volcanodiver said.

Pinbot Playfield (resized).jpg

#1047 3 years ago

Just completely rebuilt my flippers--all parts, because they seemed a tad weak. Lets just say my previous high score had been 21 Million and I hadn't completed the faces before (game is set on factory settings) and have played about 100 games. My first game with new flippers, 89 Million, completed the faces for 50 million, and was within 1 ball of completing them 3 other times. Even without the jackpot, I still about doubled my previous high score. You think re-building the flippers makes a new game? Holy cow!! So fast now, so much more awesome! Starting to make my High Speed seem like Low Speed though. lol

#1049 3 years ago
Quoted from nightsearcher:

Did you also put new coils in and where they stronger coils??

Put new ones of exactly the same that is had in it--FL-11630. Here is a pic of what I replaced--its everything (a few items I replaced are not shown as these are only the old, possibly still usable parts--so the coil stops that were pretty hammered got dumped). The kit came from Pinball Wizard. The only thing that appears slightly different are the yellow capacitors. The old ones say "2.2K" and the new ones in the kit say "225k". Figure its just a typo and they look identical--who knows. Man does it ever work great. I am a believer in flipper kits now--made a huge difference in gameplay! Cheap enough, you might as well do all the parts. Dollar for dollar, easily the best "mod" I have ever done for any of my machines.

Flipper rebuild kit (resized).jpg

1 week later
#1065 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

What does that do again, I can't remember.

Here is one of several youtube videos showing how PINDUINO lights up the shuttle ramp and also the faces. Great mod, and I love mine. Eric (Lyonsden) is first rate to deal with as well!

#1096 3 years ago
Quoted from tfduda:

Rubber colors?
What are the original rubber colors for BoP? Manual says yellow and black post sleeves (three and two if I remember right), but I didn't see any reference for rubber colors elsewhere. Mine has a combo of mostly white rubbers, but also a couple of black and purple rubber post caps, purple bands on flippers (I usually see red on flippers in most other BoPs I've seen) and purple post sleeves. I'm happy with things as they are, but am just curious about what the machine had originally.
Thanks!

I recently bought a machine that it didnt look like had been fully shopped in a long time. Not sure they were the original color, but it had black rubbers on it with yellow posts. I changed all the rubbers to white which I think highlights the best on a mostly dark playfield. I changed the posts and flasher domes to purple. Flippers I changed to purple with white rubbers. Came out nice.

bop playfield latest (resized).jpg

#1107 3 years ago
Quoted from volcanodiver:

....Its a poor design that we are stuck with, mostly because people don't like the yellowed guides. The faces are almost always fine. what is needed is replacement guides.

Are you sure the guides are really the reason? Because the guides have been available here for a while as far as I know: http://littleshopofgames.com/product/bop-face-guides-set/

2 weeks later
#1174 2 years ago
Quoted from Pesmerga:

Hello guys my machine has a problem with second face multiball. When both eyes are covered the balls are released and "blocked" by the plunger. The face turns and the plunger goes down once, letting only one ball to come down. The other gets stuck in the position pictured so the system doesn't know that it is there!
It is released only if you send another ball up or if you lose the ball and the pin starts the ball check..can you help me solve this problem? I've already checked the switch and they work well..are the ball supposed to go down both togheter or the plunger needs to go down 2 times?
Thanks for the help!!

Looking at your picture, it looks like to me the front switch is too far back and not closed. You can see that front switch blade behind your ball and it shouldnt be that way. If that switch is working in the switch test, looks like to me it just needs to be adjusted so the ball sits against it. Here is a picture of mine for reference. Notice the ball has the switch closed when in place. Hope that helps, I think its an easy fix.

Ball Holder 2 (resized).jpg

#1176 2 years ago
Quoted from Pesmerga:

Fourbyracer you got it! The switch is correctly pressed when a single ball is up there (voice activated). When two balls are up, the switch are both correctly pressed (in fact the eyes are activated). The problem comes when the first ball is released and the second goes down too much,...

To my untrained eye, your switch blade looks like it is angled to much back. Since nothing in that area is really adjustable, I would bend it more forward to make sure the ball cannot get past it without keeping it closed. Bend it forward some and I think that just might work.

1 week later
#1202 2 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

...if you have a very beat up corner, you may want to use something stronger (fiberglass and resin) otherwise a bump on the corner while moving the machine can cause the bondo to pop out.

I have never tried it but could you drill pilot holes, put in a few screws partially into the corner you are repairing, and use them as anchors that the bondo would then adhere to? Seems like that might just hold the Bondo permanently to the machine.

#1207 2 years ago

BOP 2.0 kit shipping update.

Cointaker called me 2 days ago and said my BOP 2.0 was shipping that day! I was in the group of the last 5 or so from the original 50 from the 3rd run (placed my order in May at the Allentown show). So sounds like there is only a few more kits left to ship and they should be caught up. Melissa said they were going to do 1 more run of about 25 kits but this time have the kits built and ready to ship before selling them. That sounds like a good plan to me so nobody else has to go through all the waiting and wondering, like we have.

Still excited to get it after 7 months, fingers crossed.

3 weeks later
#1248 2 years ago

The piece I have there is 5/8" wide and 2 3/4" long. The bend looks to be about 75 degrees. The small bent flange is 1/2" long. Here are some pics to show the mounting hole etc.

Steve

Guide 2 (resized).jpg

Guide1 (resized).jpg

#1254 2 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

That's awesome info! Thanks much. Any guess as to how thick it is?

Looks to be about 1/8" thick to me.

My game on IPSND is the 4th from the bottom of the USA run (for people who have entered theirs) so possibly a later one. http://www.ipsnd.net/View.aspx?id=1502

The end of my playfield is stamped June 24th, 1991. Machine #5000 266 2513

1 week later
#1265 2 years ago

Great job guys and thanks for sharing. Here is to Ripley and the ghost towel (appearing at 4:58 in the video)!

7 months later
#1389 2 years ago
Quoted from TimO:

Am I the only one who thinks this big white cover is just begging for some artwork? Has anybody painted or stuck a decal on there? How did it turn out?

Here is a closup picture of Don Krapers burningman BOP 2.0. He told me he had extra material left over from redoing the sides so he put some on the cover. I have always wanted to do something to mine as well.

bop (resized).jpg

#1399 2 years ago

I like the last one the best. I have toyed with the idea of "Bride" or similar at a diagonal across is and running off the edge on both sides/ends.

Quoted from Mancave:

That's not bad but i think i would prefer a decal of some sort, not just a solid colour. I will have a tinker later on today, see what i can come up with

The picture is not that great, but the sticker used was leftover from BOP 2.0 side kit so it is a purple with the white lightning effect--just like 2.0.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fourbyracer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside