2 (resized).jpg
20230107_193858 (resized).jpg
BOP_pinbot_values (resized).png
DSC06303 (resized).JPG
DSC06302 (resized).JPG
DSC06301 (resized).JPG
CE093284-D2E7-434C-94F7-231E5F890FC5 (resized).jpeg
20230730_133932 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider devilsmuse.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1481 6 years ago

Mancave, I got an idea, you don't have to do it. I'm not tryin to tell you what to do. Here's th idea imagine instead off matching the background of the machine, what if it were a intergalactic shipping crate or industrial sized shipping box, with USA and Nasa logos, where the stickers say light when locked, that is the end of the shipping container - the door and there are space men in spacesuits opening th door and crawling around the outside of th crate. Or it simply could be a hanger for the space shuttles. I am an illustrator and retoucher by trade. Let me sketch something up In the next week or so and. I will run it by you guys.

1 month later
#1515 6 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

It gets power from the power driver board, using 12V to power the arduino and pinduino onboard circuits, and 5V for the LEDs. The helmet is using 16 LEDS, which would draw about 1/4A of current when set to white on full brightness. The ramp and face kit use ~60 LEDs, which draws about 1A. I've have both of these running off my power driver board, which I have updated with a MUCH better 5V and 12V voltage regulators:
http://www.ezsbc.com/index.php/featured-products-list-home-page/psu3-12.html#.Vyo-L2Za4yM
http://www.ezsbc.com/index.php/featured-products-list-home-page/psu5.html#.Vyo9i2Za4yM
Every WPC system I bring in gets these puppies put in (along with NVRAM).

Proffesor Pinball , upgrading the 5v and 12v regulators: does this also apply to Rotten Dog replacement power driver boards?

#1517 6 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Not sure -- I haven't had one of those in any of the games on which I've worked.

Thanks Eric, I know the Rotten Dog boards were designed to correct some of the problems with the original wpc boards. I just dont know exactly what it is. I will let you know if its needed when I have the Helmet ,face, and ramp lights- two pinduinos, fully operational later this week. LOL

1 week later
#1521 6 years ago

Mancave sorry for the delay, but here is what I was thinking for the ball lock cover. Its still a little rough but I wanted to run it by everyone. This would simply be a sticker and would wrap the ball lock cover as shown. Let me know what you think.
Thanks

Bop Space Container installed (resized).jpgBop Space Container installed (resized).jpg

Bop Space Container (resized).jpgBop Space Container (resized).jpg

2 months later
#1530 6 years ago
Quoted from Devilsmuse:

Mancave sorry for the delay, but here is what I was thinking for the ball lock cover. Its still a little rough but I wanted to run it by everyone. This would simply be a sticker and would wrap the ball lock cover as shown. Let me know what you think.
Thanks

Well here it is in action. I see that I have a little more work to do- like heavy up the line work on the astronauts and adjust the angle of the trim-out, where the side meets the door, but for a "one off" I am fairly happy with the results. I have attached pictures of the "install" It was tricky lining the sticker up because the Lock When Lit cover is not symmetrical as you can see if you look closely at my photos AND... my artwork is! Take a look and let me know what you guys think . Thanks

IMG_20180128_191527 (resized).jpgIMG_20180128_191527 (resized).jpg

IMG_20180128_191411 (resized).jpgIMG_20180128_191411 (resized).jpg

IMG_20180128_191550 (resized).jpgIMG_20180128_191550 (resized).jpg

IMG_20180128_191705 (resized).jpgIMG_20180128_191705 (resized).jpg

IMG_20180128_191743 (resized).jpgIMG_20180128_191743 (resized).jpg

IMG_20180128_191808 (resized).jpgIMG_20180128_191808 (resized).jpg

IMG_20180128_191649 (resized).jpgIMG_20180128_191649 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#1552 6 years ago

Just put up my ad for "BoP Space Crate" stickers to update the Lock-when-lit cover. The art has been updated and finalized. Each kit includes two stickers --just in case.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1134-devilsmuse-arcade/01517-bop-space-crate-sticker

I tried to make it as affordable as possible and with the high probability of messing up the installation ( these stickers are super sticky and stretchy ) I felt it best to ship two instead of having people reorder in the event of an installation failure.... Play On my friends.

1_3_4 side (resized).jpg1_3_4 side (resized).jpg
3_Side installed (resized).jpg3_Side installed (resized).jpg
Bop Space Container II (resized).jpgBop Space Container II (resized).jpg

1 week later
#1560 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Looks great, just ordered. Does it light up any from the bulb inside?

MustangPaul , sorry just saw your question and the answer is Yes the light inside the cover does illuminate the sticker especially the door of the sticker. I have a blue LED in mine and it glows pretty good.

1 week later
#1571 6 years ago
Quoted from TimO:

I got mine. Thanks for the quick turnaround, Devilsmuse. I haven't had time to put it on yet. What did you use to get the old (white) decals off?

TimO answering your question too late, but for others the original stickers come right off and any resudue left is cleaned up with some isporal alcohol. I would recommend wiping down the plastic cover with alcohol prior to putting down the sticker anyways. Also your photos of your sticker installation look really good . Thanks for posting. But your cover is under the back tab? I have mine sitting on top of the back tab. I think on top of metal tab correct.

2 months later
#1583 5 years ago

Mollyspub , my game used to do that.Do you have cliffy's installed on your ramps. O do and i had to take a half round file to file away some of the cliffy protector to give that rod clearance. I also had to file a little bit away on the coil mounting plate where the rod goes up through to the playfeild, making sure there are no hang ups.

1528429229674283860521 (resized).jpg1528429229674283860521 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#1597 5 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Does anyone know if there is a setting in the menu that would prohibit from restarting a game? I usually play single player games and if I'm having a really bad game I'll just hit the start button to reset it and with my bride I have to play through all three balls. The start button works at the beginning of the game but it won't reset a game

Yesh23, I don't know of any setting that does that , but on my game I can reset the game on the second ball and 3rd ball ( I have it set to 4balls per game). I am running L-3 rom.

11 months later
#1720 4 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

Finally joining the club!
Quick question: where can I find the decal that's on top of the helmet?

Hey there Nihonmasa , welcome to the club!
Here you go
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/31-2-50002-1

#1725 4 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

Thx Devilsmuse, will look in Europe, being in Switzerland Marco's charging 50$ for shipping the sticker alone...

Hey let me know if you have any luck finding it in Switzerland. If not I will buy the decal and send it to you. Postage from the USA to Switzerland for 1oz. is 1.15 USD.

2 months later
#1763 4 years ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

Does anyone’s BoP ball sometime have trouble ejecting from the kick out into the shooter lane when one ball is locked in the optics faze. Seems like mine bounces off the side of the cabinet and goes right back in the eject hole. Takes a few tries sometimes to get it out. Noticed same thing on one at a bar so it must be something common. Is there any fix to this? It’s not really “broken” but is minorly annoying

Mine does the exact same thing all the time, does not matter what point in a game. It started right after I installed a new playfeild. I have tried bending the guide and even trying to pad out the metal peice the ball slams into in the shooter lane but it just bounces back down into the shooter mechanism.

4 months later
#1832 4 years ago

It's a giant robot you are building. Never gave it much thought the "other" way. Just a really fun game

3 weeks later
#1853 4 years ago

I installed a repro "Peter/Bathumberg" playfield in my Bop last spring . It came out perfect. The quality was top notch. The colors, the quality of the wood, the holes and dimples where all there and in the right spots. Just be sure you let the clear coat cure for about 6 months or so after you receive it . I did that and it turned great , it made the swop a breeze! One thing you might want to have on hand are the dremel bits and glue that Kruzman sells . Grind out the clear in the holes for the posts and metal parts and use the glue to seal the edges of the clear to the edge of the hole. Works great and you wont have any problems with the clear

1 month later
#1897 3 years ago

Congrats , looks to be in really nice condition. Welcome to the club

4 months later
#1965 3 years ago
Quoted from FalconPhronesis:

Alright, here goes... I found this forum topic about 3 months ago when I purchased a BoP all Willy-Nilly off Craigslist and used it as a kind of Cliffs Notes throughout my rebuild. But as is with any remake or sequel, the results do vary and I expect the opinions will too. So without further adieu; I give you my best rendition of The Machine: Bride of Pin-Bot. There is plenty of info on the mods, upgrades and basic undertaking that was this project table on my profile page if you're really bored and want to read through the nonsense I wrote up about the process. Thanks for looking and for all of the great ideas and tips along the way!!!
professorpinball
devilsmuse
bigdaddy1
DLO
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Holy crap thats a nice machine/restore. Great job man.

2 weeks later
#1976 3 years ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

And it’s a shame because mine plays and shoots really really good. It’s fast and will bite you if you aren’t careful but once multiball starts, it’s steep enough and clean enough to where if you just hold the left flipper up it bounces the ball to the right flipper and you can make the ramp before the other ball gets all the way down.

Mine used to do that but after a playfield swap the ball is too slow and drains. I think as it drops from the wireform it hits the back side of the kicker rubber and scrubs the balls speed. I have tried adjusting the wireform and how it falls out of the wireform but I cant get it to stop hitting the rubber on the way down. My playfield pitch is at 6.0 degrees , I will have to try adjusting the playfield angle more I guess? Ah I miss those days of the elegant flipper pass then up the left ramp!

IMG_20201005_101622 (resized).jpgIMG_20201005_101622 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#2007 3 years ago
Quoted from snakebite:

Is anyone using the Rottendog drive board in there bride

yes I have one in mine, been 3 plus years and no problems whatsoever.

1 month later
#2069 3 years ago

The clear on my Bathumberg PF was not totally dry when I got it. By advice from Ron Kruzman I let mine dry at least 6 months before I started my playfield swop. The best thing to do to test the clear first. Try to put your fingernail into it to make an impression in a hidden area. If you can you need to wait longer. That said the Bathumberg PFs are top notch and have never regretted doing the swop on my BoP.

#2076 3 years ago

This sounds crazy but several years ago I had troubke with the gi on my Judg Dredd. The fith light string kept going out. I coudnt figure it out. I tested everything in the world and after months of problem it came down to a shorted bulb. The bulb itself had an internal short. I was to th point of testing every thing in the circuit. New bulb and its still working great years later .

1 year later
#2257 2 years ago
Quoted from Drac:

Looks great! Any plans on selling them?? I would be interested for sure!

ebay.com link: itm

5 months later
#2378 1 year ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

My big ole bag of new bulbs is coming today. Going to pretty up the bride. Question about one preferred bulb colour… the single bulb that is at the top of the helmet. Upper right. What colour do people use there? I have purple for the 16 spots on the helmet sides but this one extra spot is separate. Like it’s an antenna for her sort of lol.

I've got green on my machine. Looks pretty nice that way, imo.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 9.95
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

3,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Firestone, CO
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 27.95
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
$ 9.99
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider devilsmuse.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-clubnon-20?tu=devilsmuse and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.