2 (resized).jpg
20230107_193858 (resized).jpg
BOP_pinbot_values (resized).png
DSC06303 (resized).JPG
DSC06302 (resized).JPG
DSC06301 (resized).JPG
CE093284-D2E7-434C-94F7-231E5F890FC5 (resized).jpeg
20230730_133932 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider clarkgriswold.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2105 3 years ago

I'm joining the BOP Club! (non-2.0). First BOP I've ever owned and I'm happy to get one in pretty good shape. I've noticed that I have whatever ROM version installed that makes the game's sound cut off at the game-over if a ball if locked. This doesn't bother me much (except when I get a high score and want to hear that music) so I'm not sure if it's worth the hassle to get it updated/replaced. Does anyone know if the newer version have any benefits other than correcting the game over music issue?

BOP (resized).JPGBOP (resized).JPG
#2116 3 years ago

I need some help! For reference - I have pretty limited experience trouble-shooting and fixing pinball machines. I have changed out some parts (solenoids, micro-switches) and rubbers/plastics/lights, but never much with the boards. I do enjoy learning and trying to attempt

My BOP has an issue with the lights around the "rotating face" - each side of the face has light bulbs that mimic each other, but sometimes mine will be doing different things at the same time (IE - one side is completely solid while the other side is doing a pattern or each side will be doing mis-matched lighting sequences).

Usually the game starts with it mismatched and then after the first face turns to the second face and the ball is released down the left wire ramp, then the lights start to sync up and do the same pattern on each side. I took a really short video of it, but I'm not sure how to post those in a thread? I did take a picture that represents what's happening. Also, after the machine has been on a while, it usually will correct itself at some point and the new games you start will have matching light sequences on both sides right away.

When you first turn on the machine and start a game, it will almost always not match the sequence on both sides of the face. Any ideas on what I should be looking at to start troubleshooting? Anyone else ever have a similar problem?

BOP3 (resized).JPGBOP3 (resized).JPG
#2123 3 years ago

That is a tough spot to take a picture that is helpful. I tried (please ignore the extra bulb socket that I installed off of the head - that is not there on your machine). My mini playfield seems very level from right to left and it seems like it should be as otherwise the ball would almost never go to the return on the far right of the heart ramp)

Let me know if you want me to try again for any other angles.

BOPa1 (resized).JPGBOPa1 (resized).JPGBOPa2 (resized).JPGBOPa2 (resized).JPG
1 week later
#2145 3 years ago
Quoted from Biglouie:

Any thoughts on the shooter and skill shot BoP owners?
Never gets over 50k and 75k and the entire thing has been rebuilt. I guess it's spring or I need to align the ramp to hit less of the first black ring?

I'm guessing it's the shooter spring. My BOP came with a ridiculously strong spring (so much that I had to install on that wasn't so tight). Even with the weaker spring it is not a problem at all to hit the last spot on the skill shot. I would try a medium or high tension spring first - cheap and easy to install.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider clarkgriswold.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-clubnon-20?tu=clarkgriswold and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.