Topic Stats

• 1,752 posts
  • 155 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by Marvin
  • Topic is favorited by 69 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 623 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190707_193051 (resized).jpg
20190705_144415 (resized).jpg
306FEB87-DB11-4E8F-96FE-2964C2460A2C (resized).jpeg
DF9FB419-1A2E-4A73-872F-FEED220068B2 (resized).jpeg
A63E971F-E287-4682-B1D5-3A064B36D45F (resized).jpeg
2B39D8C8-6865-48DC-8672-36618A21C3DC (resized).jpeg
5B2869B6-A77E-4AC9-B5C9-2A1B4480A64F (resized).jpeg
82AFE522-2BDF-4A7E-B5DB-E9D3B12E4B46 (resized).jpeg
F93C850B-C650-422B-909F-AAA4F3B9E923 (resized).jpeg
CE54587B-3131-440D-ABDE-1F2A42E08D8E (resized).jpeg
870C5AF3-1A03-41B8-A105-DDB1B1395D17 (resized).jpeg
D9047CDD-1F5E-4AE5-95F6-0B2FCD095E3A (resized).jpeg
1F43BB40-4483-44F0-9EC7-D225D166175F (resized).jpeg
7C582773-11CF-408D-9008-46548D8919DB (resized).jpeg
824B1577-394B-40F5-95C2-D96C5F2B3A3A (resized).jpeg
20190126_145805 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chosen_s.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#163 3 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

I did put LED Star Post lights that flash when the sligshots fire.

Ooooooooooo.... Can you post a pic of the wiring to do this???

Thank you!

Oh yeah, I'm in, no 2.0 for me
I like it original. Had mine shipped from Cali to Tx, I fixed a few things here and there... Ordered a new Pf, everything on mine as far as plastics and such looks ok, but the pf has Mylar and some bubbling and a little touched up wear. Love it

#166 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Hey welcome Chosen, that German parts place has the best led pads for the star posts, they fit completly inside the posts but they are spendy. Awarner did a great job on his, he went all out.

German parts place? Got the name of it?

Also.... I already have some from container, just need to know how to wire them into the sling shots

#181 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I hear ya I've been touching mine up to get by too and as soon as I get my garage/shop done I'll start my cab and bb restore. One thing I've been thinking about is how tight my pf is on the sides of the cab, it's all scraped up and looks like ass. To fix that I'm going to try sanding 1/8 of an inch off of each side to make an indent. that was when I put mirror blades in I'll have room for the blades and have enough room so the pf doesn't touch the blades. I may even try a router to do it.

If you do that, you may use a pin blade as a template, I hope it goes well, shouldn't be too hard, except the dust

#199 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

No, probably no one will, we probably don't have the talent here in this small club.

Are you prodding someone to do them?

If someone can provide a template and some bop high Rez art, or other space art that resembles bop art, I have the tools and the skill, I don't have a lot of time, but I can take a shot at it.

Just pm me

#201 3 years ago
Quoted from Morydees:

I don't have a restoration thread going so I hope it's cool to post some progress pics in here, especially since it's your fault (mostly Paul!) that I've started again
Anyway, I got the new head chrome from Bay Area and LED pop bumpers from Comet the other day. The ramps haven't arrived yet and BA goofed on the ball lock (they are fixing it) but I couldn't wait to get started. Suffice to say, she's looking a whole lot nicer after today's work! Here's some before/after shots.

Before_Comet.jpg Comet_Installed.jpg Head_Before.jpg Head_After.jpg Head_Shot2.jpg

Sorry if I may be wrong, but I think the rubber configuration on the upper right of your mini playfield is incorrect

#212 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Who me prod? All kinds of cool NASA Space telescope pictures. You could use mirror blade measurement if you have them.

I think to do it right, it needs a little more than nasa pics , besides, they're too grainy and precise, I don't have pinblade measurements , I think I'll just take the time to measure and start on them soon and see how they end up, I have some ideas brewing

#265 3 years ago

Here is my progress so far on the left inner graphic

I know the hand is blocky, I may curve it up a bit

And I think I have another shuttle from space station I can replace the other redundant one with

Thoughts? Constructive criticism?

image.jpg

Edit:
A little more work done, hand and shading plus some flair

image.jpg

#267 3 years ago
Quoted from Morydees:

Can't believe I never thought about doing arms to compliment the body...amazing work and I love it!
The only thing that comes to mind (and it's super minor) is the way the apple sits. You nailed the hand to apple orientation, matching the back cabinet art, but the apple stem to Williams "W" orientation is at 9 o'clock instead of 12 o'clock. Even before I went over to my cabinet to confirm, my brain somehow "expected" to see the stem at the top of the "W", if that makes any sense.
I might not be explaining it well so here's a quick mock-up (sorry I made it look like a tomato ). It does look great either way, just thought I'd mention it since you asked.

1.jpg 2.jpg

I stared at my game for a few hours debating on planets, stars, recreating the Backbox scene on the blades, doing a combo of space shuttle /pinbot/space station graphics, then I realized there may be an opportunity for an apron stripe to compliment and then it hit me, "where are her arms???"

Good eye, I'll twist it around and see what the result is, good thing I redrew it

I think I want to rework the bicep and tricep too, they're close, but not quite there

You play your bride outside too!?

#270 3 years ago

Sunday funday,.... a little more progress

screen_shot_3.jpg

1 week later
#285 3 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

anything new to share ?

Not yet, Soon

#286 3 years ago

took a minute to add in a different shuttle, and mocked up a terrible shot placement.... what do yall think? puke and terrible, or keep moving forward?

left_preview_1.jpg

oh yes, I know, the stars are too big and not plentiful enough

#291 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I'd say the arm looks out of place and part of it, the joints, looks like a weird old telephone hand set. The whole arm and the red stripes need to go and so do the big stars. I'd like to see a clean multi colored star field, just dots, with a nice cloudy nebula and a small galaxy. Keep it clean, it should look like a spacey continuation of the pf, like your out in space. See if you can grab some Space Telescope images.

So... Less is more?
Crap, now all I see is weird old telephone, lol
Definitely had a hard time deciding on what to do with her shoulder
The stars are on the playfield the same way, I just copied the playfield, I just need to scale them all down and multiply them

#295 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yup less is more, make it look like your in space with real space stuff like I suggested. A real picture of Saturn and the moon and nebula and galaxy.

Only thing that concerns me is that there are no "real" pictures of any space stuff on the rest of the game... It will be easy to photoshop, I'll build it, it may be surprising the out come, I'll build one with "cartoony" parts also, so we can see the contrast

#301 3 years ago

here's another try
Bop LEFT Side Blade 002.jpg

I can make it more epic, and only use the sombrero Galaxy, and 1 planet

Or I can line everything up and keep several bodies on the image to fill space and give color

#303 3 years ago

I'll post a few renditions and we can take a vote, I'd still like to have the right side be different too

#309 3 years ago

I'm smokin what your Rollin, tomorrow gentlemen...

Thank you for the feedback! It's very encouraging

Paul , I like that belly image, I'd like to add in some of the bop star art in it, to fade in a transition somehow, so it doesn't look so contrasting. Hopefully it will blend nicely.

I'll keep toying with the other image to get it just right with the right side

#312 3 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

Work on the cabinet is almost complete, thanks to Manny of WoodTECH Workshop;
https://www.facebook.com/WoodTECH.co.uk

Gracious, that is beautiful!

#321 3 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

To answer your question;
» YouTube video

Wish my 2 year old was that obedient

My chrome is always fugly

1 week later
#333 3 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

any updates on this ?

Soon, life got in the way... Had to tunnel under a tree to replace a pipe in my yard

#336 3 years ago

That tree is next to the fence in the very back of the yard , we had to tunnel under the tree and the fence to get to the alley

#338 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

So the fence is made out of block.

You bet ya

#339 3 years ago

ok... enough of the yard chit chat....

Trial # 2

I liked saturn with titan behind it, it looks less busy and more business, hehe

bop_left_side_trial_002.jpg

#341 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Looks really nice. I know this is just rough paste on picture but would the sticker extend below the pf? That way Saturn wouldn't be cut off like in your picture, There's a big gap right there on the game and that would fill it. Maybe tilt the bb pointing end of the galaxy down a bit like the way Saturn is and make Titan smaller and further away from Saturn (toward the coin door above the apron). I hope I'm not bugging you with my suggestions.

Oh yeah!, no problem, I like the suggestions... Yes, the graphic is designed to go below the playfield, I cut it to show how it looks in-line with the plastics. I'll post the other tomorrow to see how it all fits

#343 3 years ago

inner side art tug of war!

#345 3 years ago

I really like mollyspub inner side art, with the artistic solar system, thats what I really want to do, is re-create it, but time is not on my side, more to come soon

#359 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Hey there's a Lost In Space for sale in the for sale section that has spacey pin blades on it, check it out.

That's really cool! I've decided to do 2 versions.

I'll polish up the spacey themed ones I've already put time into, and I'll try and re-create the solar system that looks so cool

I think the spacey themed ones would look really great in space station, and bop also. But the solar system with the shuttles flying around fits much better Imo with bop. It'll take some time, but wheels are spinning

#364 3 years ago
Quoted from jGraffix:

Had some free time so I decided to create a PinBlade for you guys. Hope you like it. I still have a few changes to make but here's my first version. It's hard to see in this image but the star field is a repro of the play field and I was inspire by the graphic that says "one more time". http://www.PinGraffix.com Screen Shot 2015-11-01 at 6.50.43 PM.png

Nice! Mine are still coming along

#367 3 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

how disappointing looks too cartoon like.

That one planet looks like a clown with a red nose

#375 3 years ago

anybody have a source for a new helmet?

#387 3 years ago

here's the set I created for myself. Or otherwise

Alt Pinblades SET 001 Preview.jpg

#389 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

They look really nice, kind of like Mollyspubs. You gonna have them printed with uv ink so they light up under bl?

that's a great idea!

#396 3 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

pinbot looks awesome there ! way better than what pingraffixs has brought to the table ! small suggestion ....if it were me, id get rid of the small shuttle and make the planet below it much bigger to fill that corner.

Thank you for the support!
I'll try that out, I may leave the shuttle there, and just make the planet bigger with the shuttle on top of it...

Quoted from MustangPaul:

Have you figured out how all the plastics and such will affect what you see when the blades are installed?

I'll do a trial run with a print and make adjustments where needed, but I think no matter what parts will be covered up. I made it a little too busy to offset for that.

I have 2 more designs that I'll post when I finish them so there will be plenty of variety

#398 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

How much of these will actually be under the PF so they don't catch on it when you raise it?

They utilize the same cut that pingrafix uses, if I find they do catch, I'll add some to the bottom

#400 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

You are doing some excellent work there, your really getting into the design groove. Have you thought about doing something for the back board? It could really use something.

Haven't thought about that, but now that you mention it, I have a few ideas

#402 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Cool. I've thought about putting 3 or 4 round dome different color flashers back on the board.

Sounds like a tough job, I just had a really hard time measuring that piece of wood. I bet it would be pretty difficult to get flashers mounted behind it after drilling holes

#408 3 years ago

I spun the small wheel 3 times tonight!

Oh yeah... I also rebuilt my flippers and upgraded them and replaced my flipper switches... So *cough* I played great

#419 3 years ago

So cool! Best paperweight ever!

#424 3 years ago

I need a new helmet :/

#426 3 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

The dude at starshipfantasy told me he is going to rerun some soon... let's mass mob him with emails to convince him! I'm emailing now...
larry@starship-fantasy.com

I emailed him

#435 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

You tried the hydrogen peroxide trick on those guides?

Oooooooo... What's the hydrogen peroxide trick? Just soak them in?

2 weeks later
#514 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Hey Welcome (almost) to the club, about the only advise I can give you is GO LOOK AT THEM and compare. More money doesn't mean a better machine, as I can see from your pictures, forget that one. On another note my LAH is a re-import from your country, it has a funky sheetmetal coin door and no place to put coins in for play but it has a small coin chute on the door. Very strange.
So go with the the person you most trust to give you a fair deal and will help you with any trouble after the sale. If you need ramps, plastic set and helmet get them NOW while they are still available.
Keep us informed.

Good advise

... Where's a helmet? I can't find them anywheres

#525 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

With how much they've faded over the years it won't do you any good.

Got that right... Best to get a ton of sample papers from several different places and match it the best you can

3 weeks later
#541 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That's what I'm gonna do....I'll redo the cab and bb while that's being done.

Piece of cake , plus you can clean everything yourself, part of the fun

#543 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Which piece the cab and bb or the pf swap?

The playfield, it may be tedious and time consuming, unless you have a great resource for someone that won't charge an arm and a leg. I don't trust anyone but myself around here

1 week later
#566 3 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

I just finished restoring my BoP (new playfield, cabinet refinished and decalled, etc.), and installed/programmed a pinduino. Figured this crowd would appreciate the effects:
» YouTube video

I really like what you did there, thanks for showing

#568 3 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

+1 and count me in....very nice

Same here... I just want to be able to hide all the LED's so they are not directly seen

#598 3 years ago

I got the email a few days ago too, it was all in German, so for all I know, they could be sending me chocolate, beer, and a poster of Farah Fawcett

#601 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

To funny. I bought mine through PPS so mine was in English. Yours was shipped from Germany and mine from the US sooooo I wonder who will get theirs first, you or me.

It's a race! Prize for the winner?

#604 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Bragging rights and a beer.

High Five!!! I'm in

#623 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Oh boy look what came today. Registration looks great, colors are great but I have to tell you I'm underwhelmed by the quality of the clear. It's very smooth and shiny but about half of the inserts have edging (where the clear doesn't fill around the insert and leaves a depression between the insert and the playfield), some completly all the way around the insert. For the money I expected better.
IMGA0344[1]_(resized).JPG
IMGA0346[1]_(resized).JPG
IMGA0347[1]_(resized).JPG
IMGA0348[1]_(resized).JPG
IMGA0349[1]_(resized).JPG
IMGA0350[1]_(resized).JPG
IMGA0351[1]_(resized).JPG
IMGA0352[1]_(resized).JPG

Buddy! you win!! I bet mine won't be here for a week or longer, I got a direct email from Peter yesterday...

That's really frustrating about the Clear. I've cleared a play field recently. and I gotta say, doing one as opposed to 50 at one time?!? ugh, I wanted my inserts perfect and it took 2 more steps than I was anticipating, which was about 6 more hours on the labor than would have been necessary had the insert work gone right the first time. I'm guessing that Peter couldn't justify spending a lot of extra time per play field to get them perfect.

2 weeks later
#659 3 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Quick video showing Mustang Pauls shooter lane lights along with the Bright Caps being installed...Sorry for the wrong angle on the camera but finally got MustangPauls shooter light installed. I tapped into the flasher in the shooter lane...tried polishing up the metal assembly and overall it turned out really nice....anxious to see how it plays with the rest of the game...
Thanks Mustang Paul!
» YouTube video

Have pics of the installation!?! I want to do that to mine !!! Great work!!

#665 3 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Does anyone know if the chrome helmet is being sold anywhere?? My helmet is "structurally" as new, but the chrome has chipped off in a lot of places. Before i go to the lengths of getting it re-chromed (which COSTS) thought i would check first to see if anyone has some leads. I've looked in all the places i can think of with no luck whatsoever

Same here, none anywhere

#671 3 years ago
Quoted from bonanza:

Why can't you just shoot a layer of silver krylon on the helmet?

Negative sir, one does not merely shoot krylon at his bride

#681 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Les73gtx - I'll check for you as well. I'll PM you if they do as well. I can't afford to buy a couple of these without them being sold already (I wont add any mark-up on them).
Since they are out of stock on their website they may not have any at the show this year, but I'll at least walk by their booth and ask them about it. If nothing else I can help put that bug in their ear as well.

I'm looking for one as well, I gave several emails and calls, no one had any, starship said they do another run later this year

2 weeks later
4 weeks later
#745 3 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Anyone get a chance to speak with Starship Fantasy? I tried to reach out to him but I'm guessing he's been at Pinball conferences.
Love to see a new helmet created from original mold. Hell I'd love to see a real chrome helmet for this game.
This game really should rank higher than 58.

He makes them for sure... But starship is his hobby, not his day job unfortunately for us. Keep digging... There's a French pinball company that may still have a few helmets, but they keep going up in price

#746 3 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

I'm thinking of make a few plug and play kits of my interactive shuttle ramp and face lighting.
Attract mode:» YouTube video
Gameplay: » YouTube video
I already have one request, and I *think* I can do them for around $100 (plus shipping), but I am probably a month or two away from getting everything together to make these. Just PM me if you are interested.

Freaking bride of pinbot non2.0! That is amazing, I hope I can buy one!!!

Beautiful work!!!

#749 3 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Hey all. Thanks for the interest, but having made kits before, I want to make sure that I can handle the work before committing to too many people at once. I'll start a waiting list (or a second batch): chosen_s, morydees.

I just replied to you, but would also like to say that if you need any help, I would be more that willing to help see it move forward. Beautiful work, brilliant!

2 weeks later
#772 3 years ago

chrome spray paint doesn't even look good if you spray it on something clear like glass and look at it from the opposite side, maybe spray it a candy color; purple, or blue, or gold, or red

no-one has even suggested trying an different color

I think candy blue with a clear coat would be pretty awesome... if you can't get chrome of course

1 month later
#810 3 years ago

image_(resized).jpg

image_(resized).jpg

image_(resized).jpg

#814 3 years ago

Thank you guys, They look much better in person, the pics don't do them justice.

3 weeks later
#825 3 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Surprised there's no pics posted yet...

I guess no one has installed them? Only took me 20 or so minutes with the playfield still in proped up

#834 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That's one of the reasons I'm not putting mine on now. When I redo my cab I'm going to sand the heck out of those sides to increase the pf clearance and maybe even sand the sides of the pf too.

I believe sanding the pf some will help the most... I recently did the whole 9 to my MM, and I sanded the cab like crazy, it didn't make a difference, I should have sanded the pf, I had room on the pf to remove 1/16" from both sides. One day I may do it , but for now the pf on that MM will scrape the walls every time

#846 3 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Man, I hope the pinduino thread doesn't go away! Seriously, wonderful write up and thanks again for taking all the photos of the installation. If anyone is interested in a kit (or making this yourself and just wants a Pinduino), feel free to send me a PM.

I'm going to install mine ASAP now, looks beautiful

Morydees; I'm so glad you yell at your bride like I do mine

#854 3 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Ok guys, I'm in. This is my 2nd pin, ever (my first is a ToM).
This one plays ok, though I haven't fully inspected it yet. I've noticed the left flipper sticks sometimes, and the head seems to be out of sync with where it's supposed to be (stays on the mouth when it should be the eyes, etc). My intent is to strip it completely down and do a 100% full restore, cab, playfield and all. This is the biggest project like this I've ever done, but my 16 year old son is excited to help so I'm jumping in.
Thank goodness for all your resto threads. Can someone link to their favorites?

Here's a good one

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-restomod

1 week later
#864 3 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

My son and I are working on a BoP restore together. Since there are so many threads on restoring BoPs, I figure I won't bore everyone with our progress (unless there is demand). I love working on it with him!

Post away, we won't be bored, I'd love too see the progress anyway!

#879 3 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

FYI, started a thread today on my BoP restoration with my son:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-father-and-sons-first-restoration

Attaboy!

3 weeks later
#919 2 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yeah me too. For it to work someone would have to put the Stern inside cab metal slide rails on along with the pf metal stops on the back of the pf. A real pain to get everything in the proper position.

Even if someone figures it out, I'm leaving mine the same, for me part of owning the machine is learning to work around its idiosyncrasies

#922 2 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

Still can't figure out the gi issue and it's making me crazy. Like literally losing sleep over this

Check list for diagnosing...

Find it in Schematics

Trace down physical problem and repair

Check voltages throughout when repairing

Send board(s) in for repair when insanity sets in

Have other games to play while boards are being repaired

Bummer world to live in

Quoted from Its_me_aj:Well I cleaned it up and put the new header pin in. Checked all my connections from pin to the end of that trace and everything was good. Nothing was jumping and all seemed to check fine. Go to plug the game in and still nothing, but the f108 fuse didn't blow! Now the yellow and purple gi wiring has continuity between them but goes away after I unplug j115 female plug.
I'm seriously so lost and stressed on this whole thing

Are you checking voltages as you go, to make sure, with plugs plugged in and not plugged in?

#925 2 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

Checked everything again very carefully. Was reading voltage throughout every point around 6ac. Buzzed every connection and everything was checking ok for continuity. Then I had an idea. Where the previous repair was was pretty hacked at pin 11 on j115. I reconnected the wire into the female plug and then just held a jumper wire from 11 to pi! 1 on Q14. IT WORKED!!! So I took the board back out and put a jumper wire in and now everything is working correct! I'm pretty stoked on myself as well as the help from others getting this corrected!! Thanks everyone for your help!!!

Good job!

2 weeks later
#930 2 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Here is a link to download the L8 Rom which fixes the billion point bug on from L7 and has the LED ghosting patch applied: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kvmcyqbrowfas1q/Tmbopl_8b.rom?dl=0

BADASSERY!

3 weeks later
#936 2 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Hey guys I need some fuse help. My 8 amp, 32v NB on the lamp driver board fuse blew and all my GI lights are out and I can't find them anywhere. Anyone have a lead for me?

Do they have to be 32v, or can they be 250?

I see the 250 on eBay

#948 2 years ago
Quoted from tfduda:

Does anyone have measurements of the wire of the one way gate that operates just down from the pop bumper area? The current gate wire in my machine isn't right (it doesn't allow the gate to operate one way and so balls can drain relatively quickly) and gates aren't available for purchase from sources I've seen and so I am planning to bend my own gate wire from piano wire, but I would like to get it bent as correct as possible.
And I am a relatively recent owner of a bride and have very much enjoyed reading through this forum--learned a bunch! Thanks!

Can't help at the moment on measuring... But maybe bailing wire or something besides piano wire?

#964 2 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Well with that much big bucks new stuff on it I'd say 5-6k. Reason being if someone put that much time and expense into one he's probably gonna keep it forever and you'd have to offer him a lot to pry it out of his hands.

Agreed, a new pf demands a lot of new parts sometimes

#968 2 years ago

Mine is pretty nice, but the pf is bubbly, got a new pf 8ft from it just calling me out

#977 2 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I'm probably gonna send mine to Kruzman for more.

You may want to drill a good size hole back there for running wires and connectors then, that's what I'm gonna do. It won't hurt anything and you'll never see it.

I did the pinduino setup with the lights on the left ramp, there's enough color and lighting, I don't think I'm going to add any strips or sockets, to me it would take away from the effect of the LED work on the ramp, just my opinion.

also, if anyone does the pinduino setup, it will be much easier with the playfield out and the ramp and helmet already off, just FYI

#979 2 years ago

Here's a link to what mine looks like almost exactly, not the greatest perspective but from a correct playing perspective it brightens up the game very nicely...

1 week later
#990 2 years ago

I'm missing a part... Anyone know a source for the rail protector at the shooter lane?

image (resized).jpeg

#1007 2 years ago
Quoted from Buthamburg:

Please send me an email to peter@buthamburg.de

Quoted from Buthamburg:

Here I have it
Please send me an email to peter@buthamburg.de
10 Euro including shipping with airmail.
Regards from Hamburg
Peter

Email Sent , Thank you guys! and Peter!

#1009 2 years ago

Agreed, but maybe someone will be dumb enough to pay 8k for a nice restored one?

I could see 6, but not 8 unless you don't care about burning money

image (resized).png

4 weeks later
#1060 2 years ago

I really like my translite , it looks perfect, so my vote is good on it.

GET PINDUINO!
Nuff said

1 week later
#1139 2 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

It's on the Translite image

And on a plastic in the shooter lane...

And there are a hundred astronauts

... and it doesn't really need to make sense, your putting balls on a robots face to turn it into a real human girl.

#1141 2 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

That says, "Yes, Yes, Yes"

The robot says Yes, Yes, Yes . Haha

#1156 2 years ago
Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

I am finally in. Diamond plated love.

Some guys get all the pretty girls

2 months later
#1275 2 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

I'm happy with my new backglass as well. I now have the NVRAM on my MPU. It's all operating really perfectly. I'm really hesitant to do the 2.0 upgrade because I'm loving the game so much as it is.

Is there a thread on doing the nvram upgrade?

1 month later
#1280 2 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

So I finally got around to installing the playfield protector.
https://www.playfield-protectors.com/Home/Details/kVhQbtXUGUKXzln-Rn4Uog?categoryid=22&category=Playfield%20Protectors&name=The%20Machine%3A%20Bride%20of%20Pin%C2%B7bot%20%7C%201991
I previously installed protectors on my Firepower and Sorcerer.
The good news: Fit is prefect, no trimming at all. Game plays sharp and quick with the protector installed. Playfield has a new shine that looks almost like new clearcoat.
The bad news (sort of): Much more work to install than the other games I did. Plan to completely shop the game, clean everything, and change the rubbers while you are at it. Both ramps, the wireform, the mini-playfield, and the helmet all need to come off. The install took about four hours, but someone who has torn down the game before could do it much more quickly. The ball return frames need to come off, and if your game is like mine, the machine screws are going to be lock-tighted into the t-nuts under the playfield. You'll need to replace the machine screws and t-nuts after you snap the old screws off. And two of the t-nuts are under the flipper mounting brackets, so those need to come off too.
Still have to tweak a couple of switches and get the spinner tuned up again, but looks great and plays great.

If you will heat up the t nuts with your soldering iron for about 15 seconds, then start removing the screw slowly, the locktite will soften and let loose so you don't break anything

2 weeks later
#1286 2 years ago

...I just bought the 2.0 kit, I'm a little hesitant of installing it

#1288 2 years ago

I think I'll hold it for a week and see, maybe longer, it was spendy

2 weeks later
#1292 2 years ago

Mine has a new translite that looks beautiful, hard to want to replace it

1 month later
#1303 2 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Hey Welcome to the club. You plan on having more games?

Lol... you know he doesn't, but it will happen anyway!!!

1 week later
#1312 2 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Just refinished some BoP helmets in chrome. Will have some for quick exchange.
Ron
Pinball Plating and More - chrome, brass, nickel, black nickel, candy chrome, and powder coating - plastic chrome plating
http://www.pinballplatingandmore.com
orders@pinballplatingandmore.com
615-406-0204

Soooooo nice, soooo shiny!

2 weeks later
#1333 2 years ago

I want to buy a ratted out bop to restore, any leads out there?

#1342 2 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

There's a BIG difference between ratted out and 7K

Lol... this is funny. I want a piece of junk, not a brand new game! Lol

#1345 2 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Was only joking it was ratted when I got it.

It looks amazing, I'm surprised that you're considering letting it go

2 months later
#1432 1 year ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Wow, so your pf looks like new. Nice.

It does look new, unfortunately the colors on the overlays are off, tnt has a video of a bop with an overlay...

why would someone go through all of the trouble of creating an overlay and just F up the colors, doesn't pps have some sort of quality control against that?

1 year later
#1638 5 months ago
Quoted from mavantix:

snux can fix it, but needs Dutch Pinball's blessing and assistance to release it...so given their situation...it will likely never see the light of day. I agree it sucks that it sounds pretty bad.

I have the 2.0 kit and never installed it just because of this

Get off it DP! Let the fix progress

1 week later
#1653 5 months ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

I wonder if this video had anything to do with the creation/character of the bride as the resemblance is uncanny.

A superbowl commercial from 1985.

That’s amazing!!!

2 months later
#1683 3 months ago
Quoted from Mancave:

A couple more progress pics.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That helmet is oh so cool!

Did you get a street artist to do that ?

3 weeks later
#1687 67 days ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Getting much closer now A lot of the parts for the rebuild i had accumulated over a 2 year period and certain ideas i had (the helmet hydro coating, purple flashers and rubbers, etc) were just a mental picture of what i thought may look cool once all together. I'm really pleased how this is looking, it's quite close to how i imagined it would be. Can't wait to play my Bride again!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 28.00
$ 9.99
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chosen_s.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside