Topic Stats

• 1,769 posts
  • 158 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 36 days ago by RCA1
  • Topic is favorited by 71 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 630 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

BOP_WIP 14 (resized).jpg
BOPR2 (resized).jpg
BOPR1 (resized).jpg
15657091877713447650192677016386 (resized).jpg
20190813_110748 (resized).jpg
20190813_110732 (resized).jpg
20190728_152536 (resized).jpg
20190707_193051 (resized).jpg
20190705_144415 (resized).jpg
306FEB87-DB11-4E8F-96FE-2964C2460A2C (resized).jpeg
DF9FB419-1A2E-4A73-872F-FEED220068B2 (resized).jpeg
A63E971F-E287-4682-B1D5-3A064B36D45F (resized).jpeg
2B39D8C8-6865-48DC-8672-36618A21C3DC (resized).jpeg
5B2869B6-A77E-4AC9-B5C9-2A1B4480A64F (resized).jpeg
82AFE522-2BDF-4A7E-B5DB-E9D3B12E4B46 (resized).jpeg
F93C850B-C650-422B-909F-AAA4F3B9E923 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider burningman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#292 4 years ago

I would love to see an overlay done for the apron.....
The apron is ugly....

Here is one I picked up a long time ago for my Funhouse....

FH_apron.jpg

#294 4 years ago

since I am new to the club...random question....

Why was the head painted a different color than the cabinet?

1 week later
#323 4 years ago
Quoted from T2play:

BOP Ball will not eject to start a new game? What should I look for? Fuses are all good.

no broken wires to the coil? did you do a coil test to see if it fires?

#355 3 years ago
Quoted from Morydees:

In the end, I'm trying to gauge what the best course of action is:
2) Try the Cointaker LEDs and hope they are somehow more "premium" than mine.

I can almost guarantee you they are. I had LEDs in mine when purchased, ghosting was there as well. Contacted Melissa and picked up a their best kit with Flashers....no more ghosting and the helmet looks great with purple frosted....

3 weeks later
#429 3 years ago

Anyone know where to find a set of the CPR BOP faces? My guides look terrible....

#436 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

You tried the hydrogen peroxide trick on those guides?

Have not.....checked that out where it was used on a f14 dome light. I am at the point with a new PF, ramps, and helmet the face is the weak link....I think I am just going to replace them....

#448 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I wish someone made those 5 rubber wheels for the skill shot area. I wonder how new ones would work.

I would order a set in a heartbeat.

#452 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

The manufacturing parts company Granger has a catalog about 6 inch thick, I wonder if they could come up with something. The best way to find out would be to have someone who has their game apart take a wheel in to a store and have the counter people see if they can match it up. I have a store about 4 miles away but I don't have my game apart. Would anyone else be able to do this?

yes.

Mine is in teardown stage and I am ready to pull that assembly. I have a Granger not far from my office. Will check into it.

#460 3 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Can you describe this? Mine are just a rubber "ring" around a central post. No bearing/wheel inserts in the rubber.

I was just checking the manual and the roller assembly number in the manual does not look correct. I will snap a photo of one of mine and attach it when I get it disassembled.

#463 3 years ago

mine too and ramps

bop_cpr.jpg

bop_ramps.jpg

#472 3 years ago

here we go on the Rubbers.....

OD is 1 1/2"
ID is 3/8"
width is 1 1/8"

rubbers.jpg

#475 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Same material? Where did ya get them and how much?

I pulled these from my game. They actually don't look that bad. When playing the game, one was not spinning so the ball skidded across it. I think with a little cleaning up they may be ok.

#479 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

What is the wall thickness?

opps....will get that tonight.

#486 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Yeah, how rad would it be to have them be blue or purple? But then you'd need to pull them for cleaning more often and that's a 45 minute job.

I sent a note to Titan

#488 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Clear blue ones would be way cool....with led strips under them if they would fit. Is it possible to put a strip under them now? I've never had that area apart so I don't know. But aren't Titans a bit sticky...if that's the right word. I only have them on the flippers of one game.

Since mine is all apart I will check the clearance to see if a strip of LED's can fit. I have a strip of Comet's I can mess with. Just need to make sure it will clear everything. I have my rail off so I should be able to see things pretty clearly.

It will be interesting to see the difference if Titan runs them. I would think as long as they rolled and where not "brick hard" they would perform better and look better than what I have now. (but thats like just my opinion....)

#494 3 years ago

yeah...not a lot of room to place down under the rollers...I can see ball marks all over the sides of the roller assembly. However, I think there may be a way to run the strip behind the skill shot scoring plastic that could shine down onto the rollers. Personally I would like to have the area under the rollers lit. Will keep looking at this. Maybe a light shooting from behind the kick back shining down the lane.

Checked the width (the area where the ball is in contact with the rubber and its 1 1/8th"

#497 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That's a bummer, if ya know anyone with a machine shop maybe they could cut a channel in one of the sides at the very bottom 1/4 inch high to stand a strip on edge and polish the other side to act as a mirror. The ball wouldn't touch the strip cuz the contact point of the ball on the sides is over 1/2 inch high. I've stuck the narrow strips on my T3 ramps at the very top on the sides and the ball doesn't touch them. Maybe that could be done on the bottom of one of the sides. Does anyone have there roller assembly apart?

My roller assembly is apart and I noticed that too. I will take a HD picture so you can see where there is wear marks on the two metal side plates.

Also got a nice note from Matt at Titan...He said I could post this:

.....I never realized BOP used some proprietary rubber
parts.
There are two big obstacles in bringing this in. The first is the cost of
the tooling itself, and the second is our minimum order quantity. We have
to order at least 1000 of each color per size.
Now, I would never say "no" to a new ring option, but if we brought these in
it would probably be in black only. I really don't mind breaking even on an
odd ring, so I will certainly add these to the "maybe" list and see how much
interested is out there. Please feel free to share this on the thread.

Best regards,
-Matt
Titan Pinball

#507 3 years ago

that piece is missing on my set as well....

How do most of you feel about some of the sneeze guards? Most of my machines don't have them installed unless I have had an issue with a ball flying off a ramp or getting stuck....but out of all my games, I think I have one guard on my Met and one on my TAF...all the others, their sneeze guards are in the cabinet....

1 month later
#567 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

You bet we appreciate it. Now make a plug n play kit so we can do our games. GREAT job.

+1 and count me in....very nice

1 week later
#641 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yes I read and commented about that. But my concern is that my new pf came with the edging already there and over time it got worse I'd REALLY be miffed.

Mine was the same....slight edging around almost all the inserts. I have already started the PF swap but considering mylar....

1 week later
#654 3 years ago
Quoted from berzerker:

Hey guys, wondering if anyone else has run into (and hopefully has some suggestions on best ways to solve) a problem I'm having.
I ordered a set of replacement ramps (shuttle and heartbeat) from Starship Fantasy, and installed the shuttle ramp (and a matching set of Cliffy's) a couple weeks back with great success, and thrilled with the results. Tonight I put in the heartbeat ramp, and have run into a bit of an issue -- the thicker walls on the ramp are pushing on the disappearing post that locks balls on the wire ramp from the face, wedging the post between the ramp wall and the hole drilled in the playfield for the post.
Has anyone else tried Larry's ramp in your Bride, and if so did you have the same issue? How'd you solve it?
I'm brainstorming ideas, and so far my best options are to:
a) expand the hole through the playfield for the post a bit towards the inner loop and move post slightly left away from the center ramp. Not sure if that will risk messing up the timing or some part of the feed when multiball gets released...
b) sanding down the thicker wall on the ramp to give the post some room. Not sure how far I'd have to take it before the post would slide freely... and a bit leery to go doctoring on a fairly expensive bit of plastic...
c) grinding down the post itself to narrow it or notch out a smaller part to clear the ramp (with room for it to actuate up and down within said notch)
if anyone else has any other recommendations, or even better their own experience with the situation, I'd love to hear it... I've also emailed Larry to see if he's got any light to shed on it as well, but figured this'd be the next best place to check

BoP_DP1_(resized).JPG

Working on a PF swap and ran into something similar. When installing the coil bracket assembly for the disappearing post, it rubbed on the side of the hole in the PF....first thing I did was to loosen the screws that hold the bracket to the PF. See if it gives you any play then try to move the assembly away from the HB plastic ramp. While keeping pressure on the assembly, tighten up the screws that hold it and it may give the clearance you need.

I also have one of the new HB ramps and although its not installed, I just placed it and its tight. If its rubbing on my post, I'll go back down and try to adjust the post away from the ramp from the screws holding the bracket.

maybe someone else will chime in....but I would try all options on adjusting the post via the underside and the bracket vs. cutting on anything. We may end up cutting things but I would keep that as a last resort....

#658 3 years ago

Quick video showing Mustang Pauls shooter lane lights along with the Bright Caps being installed...Sorry for the wrong angle on the camera but finally got MustangPauls shooter light installed. I tapped into the flasher in the shooter lane...tried polishing up the metal assembly and overall it turned out really nice....anxious to see how it plays with the rest of the game...

Thanks Mustang Paul!

#661 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Hey that looks pretty neat, thanks for posting a vid. That was a blue strip wasn't it?

No...it was a white strip....looks nice with the flasher....blue would look sweet....I watched a lot of video of gameplay and it appeared the best bet for tapping into a flasher was the shooter lane flasher...

Quoted from Chosen_S:

Have pics of the installation!?! I want to do that to mine !!! Great work!!

I didn't take any pics during the install but will take a few this weekend Chosen_S....I took the light strip and attached it to the inside of the metal assembly along the bottom. What I am looking forward to is seeing how it plays with the clearance. MustangPauls strip is 1/18th of inch thick so it should clear the pinball. Brought the wiring in through a hole in the playfield near the sling shot in the pop bumper playfield....then just extended the wiring to connect to the flasher at the entrance of the shooter wireform.

More to come....Playing in a tournament on Saturday but otherwise I'll be working on finishing up the swap. Still have some posts and ramps to install...messing with lighting and final testing....

#663 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I think that flashing shooter lane is kinda cool, but now that I have the 2.0 kit installed, I think it would detract from the moving skillshot flashing light.

I had thought of that when watching the Twitch feed....It appears on 2.0 that the flasher only hits momentarily at first, then it gets faster and stays on longer when you have waited to shoot the ball. You are right though, I am anxious to see how it looks during gameplay.

#670 3 years ago
Quoted from bonanza:

Why can't you just shoot a layer of silver krylon on the helmet?

1 week later
#685 3 years ago

Finishing up the PF swap on my Bride and trying to figure out what the 2" post that is on the upper right corner of Pinbots playfield?

I have seen a few pictures of that area and it just looks like its just a post sitting there...doing nothing. Is it used with a sneeze guard?

#688 3 years ago

I am so close to finishing the PF swap. Have a couple of lights coming in from CT hopefully this weekend and will have her tested out by Sunday.

Was having a hell of a time calibrating the head. Must have adjusted the switch 5 times and how the face box is aligned with the back of the PF mount.....Funny how the damn thing won't calibrate regardless of how many times you adjust the switch when the two wires coming from that switch are not plugged in.

#691 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Sounds like your having fun but hey....plug the connectors in. ....sorry just had to do that.
You gonna put the Angle Eye start button on?

yeah...I was testing things before installing the ramps...had a lot of connectors hanging down under the PF. Total rookie mistake.

I am considering the angel eye start, and the Shuttle Ramp mod. Right now I'm just focusing on getting the PF together and playing at 100%. I'll post some pics this weekend....

1 week later
#701 3 years ago

may be worth checking these guys out. Found them mentioned in another thread. I have never used them or know what they would charge to re-chrome the plastic helmet.

http://mmmetalizing.com/

#713 3 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

BOP - Helmet - Metalizing option.
If I get it Metalized.. I'm going to need a replacement decal is what I'm guessing.

You could try this technique from Rays tips..go to about 3:40 where he talks about decals

6 months later
#959 3 years ago

tfduda....hang back, I may have an extra one of these. let me check tonight.

2 weeks later
#991 3 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I'm missing a part... Anyone know a source for the rail protector at the shooter lane?

let me check my stash tonight. I might have that piece Chosen

1 week later
#1014 3 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

that Mike Chestnut chrome is soooo shiny!

+1 on that...

1 week later
#1026 3 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

what would cause the ball not to make it up to the pop bumper area after the skill shot? happens ~5% of the time, i'd guess, so not a big deal.

meaning not enough energy from the kicker to clear the gate and then having to kick it again?

#1028 3 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

yeah, i think so. i'll check it out. i was just posting; see what came back.
either it's weak, it's rattling around in the chute too much or the ball is getting back in under the gate. it'll be hard to duplicate; i know that.

mine will occasionally sneak back down the lane when in the pops...either my gate is getting caught up on something once in a while or the gate is getting bounced around enough to let the ball slide under it during heavy action.

3 weeks later
#1093 2 years ago
Quoted from tfduda:

I was thinking the same about their utility ("cheap insurance"). I imagine it comes down to personal preference, but do they alter the aesthetics of the game (that is, are they noticeable or gaudy looking)?
And thanks for the advice on tightening screws.

Personally, I install protecters on all my games. Aestheticly, I like the look. I hate seeing fender washers or those round plastic washers that are sold to protect the slings.

#1140 2 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

a real human girl.

That says, "Yes, Yes, Yes"

1 week later
#1168 2 years ago

Just took a look on my game.....is it the t-nut that holds the wireform for the shooter?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 135.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
Machine - For Sale
Prosper, TX
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider burningman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside