2 (resized).jpg
20230107_193858 (resized).jpg
BOP_pinbot_values (resized).png
DSC06303 (resized).JPG
DSC06302 (resized).JPG
DSC06301 (resized).JPG
CE093284-D2E7-434C-94F7-231E5F890FC5 (resized).jpeg
20230730_133932 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider awarner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 8 years ago

I'm a 2.0 guy but I PROMISE, I'll keep my comments limited to 1.0 issues. Thanks for creating the thread! Oh, I was friends with Python. That was cool!

Edit: I also have a Diamond Plate Playfield and the colors of my big and small wheel inserts are different. I have 3 sets of yellow - it kinda looks like a nuclear hazard symbol.

#24 8 years ago

My game recently got a lot of play at a local show so I'm going to do a mini-shop on it when I can. I originally had removed all of the parts from it and replaced a few plastics when I got it. I have since purchased the CPR plastics set and I was thinking of doing that as well. I put new incandescents in everyplace but the pops since they are more difficult to change and LEDs will avoid cap burn. I did put LED Star Post lights that flash when the sligshots fire. This mod works with any BOP and I think it makes it look more mechanical (like sparks flying when the slings are hit). I had Python sign my backglass and I got John Trudeau to sign it as well. I sold my collection last year and this was one of the 4 games I kept. I'm a huge fan of this title in any incarnation!

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Well the glue came off nice except where the mylar had bubbled. My thinking is that the heat of the incandescent bulbs caused the glue to dry out and the mylar let go and by doing so that dryed glue got baked on. It was a real pain to get those hard rings off and I messed up a couple of insert decals and some paint in doing so. Does anyone know of someone who can touch it up and clear it?

I did mine myself with hobby paint and I sealed it with super glue and wet sanded it in. Not perfect but people who have played it say that it's one of the nicest they've played. I wouldn't go that far but it's not bad. You can sorta see the results in my restoration thread (pre-2.0) here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/another-bride-gets-the-works-eventually-will-be-a-bop-20-fingers-crossed

#56 8 years ago
Quoted from RavagedUnicorn:

Are you sure about needing a new CPU board? BOP has all the same connectors as my DMD WPC games. And honestly depending on the year, some of them look identical to the BOP CPU board.

Actually, you could do this with WPC by adding a DMD controller BUT you would have to know how to program the WPC system. The hardware is capable, but the code wouldn't know how to address it. You could definitely do it with a P-ROC and a PC (http://www.pinballcontrollers.com/index.php/products/p-roc) but you would be starting over on everything or you could use an emulated version and try to mod that somehow.

Another Idea would be to do something like ColorDMD does and interpret what is going to the screen and substitute your own stuff. You would need some sort of processor to do the interpretation and generate a new screen.

2 months later
4 weeks later
#324 8 years ago
Quoted from T2play:

BOP Ball will not eject to start a new game? What should I look for? Fuses are all good.

First check the mechanical part of the ball eject - are the wires soldered on the coil? Then check for power to the coil; the coil always has power. You should see 20 to 75 volts on both sides of the coil.

Find out which transistor controls the coil and short the metal tab on the transistor to ground and the coil should fire. After that, it's a little more complicated but we can help...

5 months later
#793 8 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

BINGO Good Guess!!
I had a few options for the particular film (as they call it) but i was deliberately staying away from anything that had a metal look or for that matter carbon fibre. I wanted something that would blend in with the theme of the machine as much as possible and this was the best fit for the job i felt, called (Galaxy). I'm also planning on changing the flashers to all Purple and also purple LEDS for the helmet, along with a few other ideas i'm brewing, yup, keeping mum about those at the moment The other option was a film called (Pink Lightning) which looked VERY cool but also had a lot darker background, virtually black, just felt it wasn't gonna work as well.
My guess is the purists will hate it, probably lots of peeps will, but i LOVE IT !!!

I'd like to see this on the game but I'm guessing I wouldn't like it. I upvoted your post though - thinking outside the box!

5 months later
#994 7 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

L5 installed. do i need to do anything before i go to L8? thought i read something about different chip sizes or something.

Yes, you need to re-jumper your board for the larger EPROM chip size. http://www.thatpinballplace.com/documents/rejumpering_wpc_cpu.htm

#1004 7 years ago

I personally might have this much money in my BOP 2.0 but when did BOP become an over $8K game?

ebay.com link: Williams The Machine Bride of Pinbot Pinball Rotisserie Restoration

#1006 7 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Anyone know where I can find a repro left ramp?

http://www.starship-fantasy.com/ramps/The-Machine-Bride-of-Pinbot-Left-Ramp

(Always go to the source first).

#1010 7 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Agreed, but maybe someone will be dumb enough to pay 8k for a nice restored one?
I could see 6, but not 8 unless you don't care about burning money

I know I have more than $6k in my BOP 2.0 and it is in pieces right now. I didn't spend that because I intend to profit; actually, I know I'd never see a lot of that money again if i HAD to sell it. It's a hobby and it costs to have things your way. And we spend it because it is a hobby. As nice as the eBay game is, I think it's still a $4500 game tops. Regardless on what it cost to restore or the time it took.

#1013 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

The way yours will be when your done I'd say 6-6.5k is tops. We're talking 2 games in one here.

And you know what? I'd be happy getting my money out of it but I'm anticipating it not happening. I really can't wait to finish it though. It's soooo close and that Mike Chestnut chrome is soooo shiny!

I'm currently doing BOP playfield stuff like a new plastics set, head motor, and a cleaning without removing the guides. It had a full cleaning 2 years ago. The playfield might be done this week and I'll be ready to get it back in the new cabinet.

2 weeks later
#1046 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Just saw this surface on ebay:

We're trying to come up with the origin of this plastic. Python was selling this on paper at shows. As far as we knew, there was never a plastic of it made. We wonder if the part number was added to make it look official. If anyone knows the history of this plastic, please PM me.

#1050 7 years ago
Quoted from Fourbyracer:

Put new ones of exactly the same that is had in it--FL-11630. Here is a pic of what I replaced--its everything (a few items I replaced are not shown as these are only the old, possibly still usable parts--so the coil stops that were pretty hammered got dumped). The kit came from Pinball Wizard. The only thing that appears slightly different are the yellow capacitors. The old ones say "2.2K" and the new ones in the kit say "225k". Figure its just a typo and they look identical--who knows. Man does it ever work great. I am a believer in flipper kits now--made a huge difference in gameplay! Cheap enough, you might as well do all the parts. Dollar for dollar, easily the best "mod" I have ever done for any of my machines.

The caps are for spark suppression so the value can vary.

2 weeks later
#1144 7 years ago

I'm not sure why it was in the original game, but it's a key callout in 2.0. There's also a "Move your Shuttle" mode (like move your car in CFTBL). I'll ask John Trudeau.

#1145 7 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

I'm not sure why it was in the original game, but it's a key callout in 2.0. There's also a "Move your Shuttle" mode (like move your car in CFTBL). I'll ask John Trudeau.

John Trudeau just told me (over Instant Messenger) that Python was simply using it to indicate that it was a project in space. So there you are.

3 weeks later
#1188 7 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Finally in da club. Could not pass up a 1300 bride. Going to clean her up and stick in the game room. If anyone has any shop out and led recommendations I would appreciate it.

LED Recommendation - Use Incandescent bulbs. If you do use LEDs, use white for GI and colors that match for inserts only. You asked...

#1189 7 years ago
Quoted from Pesmerga:

I've bended it a bit and hen cleaned the whole assembly putting on a new coil bushing and.. It seems to be solved for now! thank you!!
I have to understand why the bop bumpers aren't much sensitive, only a strong ball activate them..tomorrow I'll try cleaning them too!

This has a LOT to do with how close the contacts are as well. The switch blades should be as flat as possible and the activators replaced because they can wear over time in the spoon. My friends comment all the time that my pop bumpers are too sensitive. I like them that way!

3 months later
#1283 7 years ago

I know that the 2.0 upgrade is expensive but I have to say, it's really like a whole new game. Mine is, like a whole new game since the re-decal and translite additions. I have to love both though, Python was a friend and BOP meant a lot to him.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.95
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 40.00
$ 9.99
3,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Firestone, CO
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 9.95
£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider awarner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-clubnon-20?tu=awarner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.