2 (resized).jpg
20230107_193858 (resized).jpg
BOP_pinbot_values (resized).png
DSC06303 (resized).JPG
DSC06302 (resized).JPG
DSC06301 (resized).JPG
CE093284-D2E7-434C-94F7-231E5F890FC5 (resized).jpeg
20230730_133932 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TimO.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1298 6 years ago

BOP is my first and , so far, only personal machine. I've had it for 4 months and it resets my brain everyday after work. I'm a novice on the technical side but I've been able to make all my own repairs with a little help from the Internet. I just replaced the right flipper diode; it's the first time in 30 years I've picked up a soldering iron. I'm looking forward to reading this whole thread.

001 (resized).jpg001 (resized).jpg

#1301 6 years ago
Quoted from tfduda:

Also looks like you have a nice flyer collection--BF, TSOL, Hüsker Dü, Minutemen, BH Surfers, Vandals, Toy Dolls (good lord, haven't thought about them in a while--I should look them up for my teenage son!), etc.

Yeah, one day I just got online and started searching for flyers from specific shows I attended in the early '80s. I was surprised at how many I was able to find. BOP is the centerpiece of what my wife calls my time machine and everybody else calls the corner of the garage.

#1302 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Hey Welcome to the club. You plan on having more games?

No plans at this time; at least not until I'm a little more confident in my maintainance and repair abilities. That said, I do have a collector's itch that's gotten me in trouble in the past. Thanks for the welcome!

1 week later
#1307 6 years ago

I need to replace one of the pop bumper lamps under the Pinbot mini playfield. Am I correct in assuming I need to completely remove the helmet before I can remove the the upper deck to access the pop bumpers?

#1309 6 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Yes. At the least, it will make removing the mini playfield much easier.

Thanks! I just wanted to make sure I wasn't adding any unnecessary steps to the job.

3 weeks later
#1323 6 years ago

As long as I've owned this machine, it's had an unsightly mylar edge near the shuttle ramp (when I first got it, I thought it was a crack in the PF. The mylar has pealed back just enough for some dirt to get under there. It's been an entirely cosmetic issue until yesterday when I noticed it was starting to guide the ball. From what I've read, removing mylar usually causes more problems than it solves and I'm not interested in a full restoration or replacing the whole PF. What's the easiest way to stop this from effecting ball play and maybe make it look nicer? Should I just try to trim the offending edge away with a knife? And if I do, what is the chance I'll lose some paint and graphics?

IMG_6677 (resized).JPGIMG_6677 (resized).JPG

#1329 6 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

It would be extremely difficult to do without scouring the artwork with the blade.

I just scored the mylar with a knife and pealed a strip away. The first try pulled up the "keeper" mylar a bit so the edge wouldn't lay down, but my second try a little deeper but not enough to touch the paint did the trick. Between the two attempts I removed a 1/2" strip about 6" long.

IMG_6679 (resized).JPGIMG_6679 (resized).JPG

#1334 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Are you going to put a mylar strip over that area now?

I didn't plan to. I think the original mylar was just cut to cover as much PF area as possible without removing any bumpers, ramps, or targets. There are already a lot of uncovered parts around the "busy" areas. The shuttle insert is about 1/2 covered now instead of 3/4 as before.

#1336 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

OK, keep an eye on that spot for more mylar coming up from that exposed area now.

If I replace that strip, do I try to line it up with the edge or do I overlap?

1 week later
#1359 6 years ago

I had some visitors over and while playing BoP in 4 player mode we started noodling on how the machine handled a trapped ball on the second face while other players took their turn. We figured most of it out, but then I mentioned that the machine had 3 balls in it. Someone asked "Why?" and I couldn't give them an explanation. I assume it involves multiple players, but I can't quite connect the dots. Can someone explain the situation where all three balls are necessary?

1 month later
#1385 6 years ago

Am I the only one who thinks this big white cover is just begging for some artwork? Has anybody painted or stuck a decal on there? How did it turn out?

bop (resized).jpgbop (resized).jpg

1 week later
#1402 6 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

I like the ideas for a better decal for the ball lock cover, but has anyone played with using the cartoon astronauts to be working on something for that sticker?

I like that idea; like they are climbing out of her cleavage. The interesting thing about that area of the playfield is that the nearby"boob" rings only line up when viewed from the player's position. Likewise, any artwork on the white cover needs to accomodate that POV.

2 months later
#1525 6 years ago

Great job! I’d put that on my BoP.

2 months later
#1536 6 years ago

After work today, it's time to change out bad bulbs on my BOP again (there's always one necessitating the removal of the mini playfield...sigh!). Also out are all four of the inserts leading to the loop on the left (just right of the shuttle ramp entrance.) The loop still scores correctly, but they don't light up. I assume it's too much of a coincidence to be all four bulbs. If it's not the bulbs, what next?

1 month later
#1554 6 years ago
Quoted from Devilsmuse:

Just put up my ad for "BoP Space Crate" stickers to update the Lock-when-lit cover. The art has been updated and finalized. Each kit includes two stickers --just in case.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1134-devilsmuse-arcade/01517-bop-space-crate-sticker
I tried to make it as affordable as possible and with the high probability of messing up the installation ( these stickers are super sticky and stretchy ) I felt it best to ship two instead of having people reorder in the event of an installation failure.... Play On my friends.

Great job! I just placed an order.

1 week later
#1559 6 years ago
Quoted from Draegermeister:

I am making some room in the collection and am putting up a new custom restore BOP for sale. It is a reimport restored last year with a new playfield.

Machine - For Sale
Machine: Bride of Pinbot, TheFully restored (full original status) “I am considering selling my new playfield restoration Bride of Pinbot to make some room. Looking for $5,995. Before you get sticker shock, check it out. If you want a beater, go fi...”
3 days ago Plainfield, IL 5,995
Draegermeister

That's a beauty! Good luck with the sale. Does the ball roll out of the pins in the top-right of the starfield okay? I've got two one inch rubbers up there but I like the look of your configuration with the individual pin rubbers better.

#1561 6 years ago

I got mine. Thanks for the quick turnaround, Devilsmuse. I haven't had time to put it on yet. What did you use to get the old (white) decals off?

#1562 6 years ago

Well, that was easy. Looks great!

0F41CC11-3D6F-4EF6-A6D4-DC8FF36B4482 (resized).jpeg0F41CC11-3D6F-4EF6-A6D4-DC8FF36B4482 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#1572 6 years ago
Quoted from Devilsmuse:

But your cover is under the back tab? I have mine sitting on top of the back tab. I think on top of metal tab correct.

Yeah, I figured as much after it was too late, but I dont really mind the way it looks. I still have the spare decal if I get the itch to correct it.

#1573 6 years ago

Oh, you mean under the cover; not between the cover and decal. Got it!

3 years later
#2270 2 years ago
Quoted from dscapo:

This is what ships with the 2.0 kit. Sounds incredible imo.

I just upgraded to 2.0 and that speaker practically doubles as a shaker motor.

#2273 2 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Thinking about upgrading to 2.0. Where are people finding kits?

Dutch Pinball announced a limited run last September and that's when I put my order in. They only just shipped earlier this month. I'm not sure if they intend to make any more but you can contact them on this page:
https://www.dutchpinball.com/bride_of_pinbot_2.0

#2280 2 years ago
Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

Does anyone happen to have a clear picture of this decal?

FA9C8F90-1F7D-4614-ADD5-B88ED6F3B5F8 (resized).jpegFA9C8F90-1F7D-4614-ADD5-B88ED6F3B5F8 (resized).jpeg
#2283 2 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Anyone know how to make sense of these dates?

My best guess is that mine was made on the 147th day of 1991.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 9.95
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 27.95
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

3,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Firestone, CO
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TimO.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-clubnon-20?tu=TimO and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.