2 (resized).jpg
20230107_193858 (resized).jpg
BOP_pinbot_values (resized).png
DSC06303 (resized).JPG
DSC06302 (resized).JPG
DSC06301 (resized).JPG
CE093284-D2E7-434C-94F7-231E5F890FC5 (resized).jpeg
20230730_133932 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BigDan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#175 8 years ago

Can someone tell me what Pinbot says the first time you send a ball into the Pinbot mini play field?

It sounds like "Radiate corporal staircase"

Thanks

FullSizeRender-5.jpgFullSizeRender-5.jpg

#183 8 years ago

Those caps look nice but I think these EVO Britecaps I linked to will really brighten up that area, so much so that you will be able to see the stars. They have 10 cool white LED's that shine on the playfield from underneeth and the 20 on top are angled so it doesn't create hot spots that can be bothersome. I have put them on just about everything.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3624

#203 8 years ago
Quoted from Morydees:

// Error: Image 456780 not found //

Quoted from BigDan:

Those caps look nice but I think these EVO Britecaps I linked to will really brighten up that area, so much so that you will be able to see the stars. They have 10 cool white LED's that shine on the playfield from underneeth and the 20 on top are angled so it doesn't create hot spots that can be bothersome. I have put them on just about everything.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3624

Quoted from MustangPaul:

How is it you and BigDan have the same pop bumper area picture. Anyway, happy to have motivated you, I'm good at spending other peoples money. Those pop bumper rings really make that area come to life don't they but because they work so well it kind of throws the balance of the pf lighting off so to correct that I put a couple of sockets in the holes that are there in the left back corner to light it up. I only have bulbs in them now but will be switching over to Comet strips when my order arrives.
Keep up the great work guys, we gotta keep our girls lookin good.

Quoted from Morydees:

Mine are the Comets but I hear similar things about those EVOs too. Amazingly they aren't even full brightness, maybe 75% and even then they jump out like crazy.

I think BigDan's post last night was messed up when he tried to quote me and so maybe he edited and just uploaded the photo he was quoting. Anyway, I agree on the balance thing. Even before I brightened up my pop bumpers I always wondered why it was so dark on the other side. Now putting something to balance it out seems like a good idea. Like you said, doesn't need it but I'm the kind of dude that really likes symmetry. Added to the list!

Yes it was getting late and the quote feature used here is more difficult to use with less features then other forums.

Funny what MustangPaul said about motivating us. Once I saw his pop bumper pics 9 months ago on this other restoration thread I was hooked

#214 8 years ago

I can understand how that happened being so late. Below is what I was trying to tell you. Unfortunately I cant seem to figure out how to post or insert pic's into PM's so I had to give you old fashion links that you are going to have to copy and paste into your internet browser .

Way back in the beginning another Pinside member and I told you that you kinda had what we were looking for and posting the following pics of previous design that fell off the market due to them looking to similar to the game or whatever. I'm not sure to be honest as many things are here and today gone tomorrow.

These links to pics below is exactly the sort of theme and motif that we felt matched the game the best of anything out there and could use as inspiration for what we liked in the past.

If you know how to post pics in a PM the please let me know as that would make this a thousand times easier vs copy/ pasting links.

Take care Dan

brideofpinbotApronSample.jpgbrideofpinbotApronSample.jpg
462831.jpg462831.jpg
456984_1.jpg456984_1.jpg
456985-i_1.jpg456985-i_1.jpg

This was side art made by another member that I wanted to get and though that it fit the theme much better then his newest version
457961.jpg457961.jpg

Here is that members newest version that I dont feel matched the theme as well as the one he posted above
457960.jpg457960.jpg

Let me know if these PM work or else I will just have to make a traditional thread with posts so we can easily communicated with pictures instead of using all of these confusing links.

#220 8 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

ive thought about getting these... that really brightens things up! what kind of lighting are you using for the shuttle ramp ? did you recently get a bop ? i think i remember you looking for one a while back. looks good !

Thanks, I put a lot of work into her. As for the shuttle ramp I'm using a spot lamp with a SMD twin flex in purple near the scoop and another one in the back. Back in February I removed everything off the top of my playfield except the face mechanism so I could clean and polish every nook and cranny. I then went to town with the LED's by ordering up lots of LED star posts, tons of LED strips in all sorts of colors and various styles and colors of wedge and bayonet bulbs to get the exact look I was going after and I'm still not done. I'm going to wait until I do my reproduction playfield swap to go all out.

Here's a early video I shot to show to some of my league buddies but I didn't really want to showcase it here just yet because like everything else in my life its not finished. On a funny side note I turns out member 85Vette and I are both using ice blue's from Comet for under the heart beat ramp at the same time without knowing what the other was doing.

Colors in real life are much more subtle then how they appear on video which has the purple and blues over saturated.

One day I'd like to put together a well produced and narrated youtube video of my "shop job" because I love watching those sorts of videos and there's not that many out there.

#227 8 years ago
Quoted from Morydees:

Regarding the LED strips, are these the ones you and Dan are talking about? http://www.cometpinball.com/6-3-V-Plug-Play-Strips-Comet-Pinball-p/6.3vsmdstrips.htm I was randomly searching and found your Mustang lit up nicely and now I've got all sorts of ideas for correcting some dull spots.

Yes I bought a couple of the 7 LED Comet strips but have now moved on to Coin Takers 6 LED strips. I'm pretty sure I'm running 10 different LED strips in my HS2 and will be adding a two more higher voltage strips to use as red and blue flashers.

P.S I don't own a Mustang Pinball machine so wrong guy?

Quoted from larryhorse:

Can you get a decent pic without the over saturated blue? She looks like she can't breathe, or is frozen, she's so blue.

I thought the pic I posted on page 4 was pretty "decent" without over saturated colors. I can go through my phone and look for more if this pic doesn't suffice. Whats happening is that I used blue LED's for her eyes that are too bright.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-clubnon-20/page/4#post-2708015

#258 8 years ago

Its more then just a yellow heart.

I believe every red insert in a regular version was yellow in early run, except the double scoring one in the center.

1 week later
#278 8 years ago

^ The inside of your cabinet looks fantastic! I like how you painted all of it vs leaving the bottom bare like people do just because thats how the factory did it. Everything else looks top notch as well.

Also Ive never asked this before but why do lots of people put what usually looks like a 1.5" rubber around the prop rod?

#288 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

took a minute to add in a different shuttle, and mocked up a terrible shot placement.... what do yall think? puke and terrible, or keep moving forward?
left_preview_1.jpg
oh yes, I know, the stars are too big and not plentiful enough

It looks like everything is a bit too big and her arm looks like a darker shade of gray.

Keep up the good work.

2 months later
#520 8 years ago

Any difference between the ramps linked above and these ones from Marco? besides the price...

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/RS1458

I know some replacement ramps fit better then others due to different thicknesses.

1 month later
#596 8 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

Wow awesome! I am off to trade my BoP this afternoon so I might be exiled from this club for a while! =( But, if my trade falls through, I will definitely be doing this to mine. My PF is nice except for the mylar...

Just removing the janky mylar and adding some LED's increased the value of my BOP an easy 30%+

Dare I say the playfield looks almost as good as new after a few good coats of 100% carnauba wax and the whole machine is now better then new thanks to LED's which allow me to play in the dark and better ball action vs old bubbling mylar.

Get that mylar off people!

#624 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Oh boy look what came today. Registration looks great, colors are great but I have to tell you I'm underwhelmed by the quality of the clear. It's very smooth and shiny but about half of the inserts have edging (where the clear doesn't fill around the insert and leaves a depression between the insert and the playfield), some completly all the way around the insert. For the money I expected better.
IMGA0344[1]_(resized).JPG
IMGA0346[1]_(resized).JPG
IMGA0347[1]_(resized).JPG
IMGA0348[1]_(resized).JPG
IMGA0349[1]_(resized).JPG
IMGA0350[1]_(resized).JPG
IMGA0351[1]_(resized).JPG
IMGA0352[1]_(resized).JPG

Quoted from Chosen_S:

Buddy! you win!! I bet mine won't be here for a week or longer, I got a direct email from Peter yesterday...
That's really frustrating about the Clear. I've cleared a play field recently. and I gotta say, doing one as opposed to 50 at one time?!? ugh, I wanted my inserts perfect and it took 2 more steps than I was anticipating, which was about 6 more hours on the labor than would have been necessary had the insert work gone right the first time. I'm guessing that Peter couldn't justify spending a lot of extra time per play field to get them perfect.

Well thats beyond disappointing to hear as his first batch's clear received RAVE reviews, some members going as far to say that it's the only pf they're NOT sending out for additional clear.

If mine shows up looking like it's going to need additional clear then I don't have a problem waiting for the 3rd run and this time order up the pre-production version and then sell my NIB 2nd batch to someone.

3 months later
#808 7 years ago

Does BOP have the standard John Trudeau flipper gap?

1 month later
#830 7 years ago

How long does the 2.0 install take. ?

I'm having family over tomorrow and would like to know how long it should take someone who has installed his fair share of mods

Thanks

1 week later
#858 7 years ago

Just a general question I have related to multiple games including BOP that has always been on my mind but never able to find the answer on my own.

Why do I usually see a single 1.5" sized rubber slid over the play field prop rod on most machines?

There are even machines currently leaving the Stern factory with them on the prop rod.

If it was intended to be an extra item I'd expect it to be in the same bag with the extra plastics and bulbs so it wouldn't get all dried out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 9.95
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 27.95
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

3,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Firestone, CO
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
$ 9.99
£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 9.95
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BigDan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-clubnon-20?tu=BigDan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.