2 (resized).jpg
20230107_193858 (resized).jpg
BOP_pinbot_values (resized).png
DSC06303 (resized).JPG
DSC06302 (resized).JPG
DSC06301 (resized).JPG
CE093284-D2E7-434C-94F7-231E5F890FC5 (resized).jpeg
20230730_133932 (resized).jpg
There are 2,688 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 54.
#301 8 years ago

here's another try
Bop LEFT Side Blade 002.jpgBop LEFT Side Blade 002.jpg

I can make it more epic, and only use the sombrero Galaxy, and 1 planet

Or I can line everything up and keep several bodies on the image to fill space and give color

#302 8 years ago

that looks good ! count me in for a set !

#303 8 years ago

I'll post a few renditions and we can take a vote, I'd still like to have the right side be different too

#304 8 years ago

Excellent, looking forward to it!

#305 8 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

something like this ???

CAM00664.jpg

I LIKE THAT!!!! MUST HAVE!!!!

#306 8 years ago

I found an image that would work as a background image, nice and long at www.spacetelescope.org/images/potw/1146a/. It on page 6 and is called "The belly of the cosmic whale". Big 45.9 meg file so the detail will be great when it's cropped. Check it out.

#307 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

here's another try
Bop LEFT Side Blade 002.jpg
Or I can line everything up and keep several bodies on the image to fill space and give color

I think it's to many competing images and it could use a small Shuttle in it so it looks like it's on a journey.

#308 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I'll post a few renditions and we can take a vote, I'd still like to have the right side be different too

Maybe use that for the right side, maybe without the small planet that's infront of the galaxy.

#309 8 years ago

I'm smokin what your Rollin, tomorrow gentlemen...

Thank you for the feedback! It's very encouraging

Paul , I like that belly image, I'd like to add in some of the bop star art in it, to fade in a transition somehow, so it doesn't look so contrasting. Hopefully it will blend nicely.

I'll keep toying with the other image to get it just right with the right side

#310 8 years ago

Have a blast at Expo and tell us how many BoP's are there.

Yes adding other art is an art in it's self, to make it NOT look like it's photoshopped.

#311 8 years ago

Work on the cabinet is almost complete, thanks to Manny of WoodTECH Workshop;

https://www.facebook.com/WoodTECH.co.uk

image15.JPGimage15.JPG
image12.JPGimage12.JPG
image13.JPGimage13.JPG
image14.JPGimage14.JPG

#312 8 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

Gracious, that is beautiful!

#313 8 years ago

image15.JPG
image12.JPG
image13.JPG
image14.JPG

Would you do us a favor and use the rotate button to rotate the pictures. I soooo want to see them. Thanks

#314 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Would you do us a favor and use the rotate button to rotate the pictures. I soooo want to see them. Thanks

Just lay on your side and stand on your head and all is revealed.

#315 8 years ago
Quoted from king-pin:

Just lay on your side and stand on your head and all is revealed.

It's funny that not everyone knows about the rotate button.

#316 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

It's Pinside, as the photos locally are the right way round, I even inserted them twice as when I previewed the post they were as they are now, very strange.

Any way the cabinet is back with me tomorrow so I promise some more and better photos.

#317 8 years ago

Any way the cabinet is back with me tomorrow so I promise some more and better photos.</blockquote
Are there any specifics you can share on the purple paint colour?, as in the type of paint, brand, name of the colour. I REALLY dig it

#318 8 years ago

Hope it's ok that I took the liberty of rotating the images.....

463864.jpg463864.jpg

463866.jpg463866.jpg

463865.jpg463865.jpg

463867.jpg463867.jpg

#319 8 years ago
Quoted from lukex:

Hope it's ok that I took the liberty of rotating the images.....

463864.jpg463866.jpg463865.jpg463867.jpg

Much better thank you. Love the polished ss, how is it for finger prints.

#320 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Much better thank you. Love the polished ss, how is it for finger prints.

To answer your question;

#321 8 years ago

To answer your question;
» YouTube video

Wish my 2 year old was that obedient

My chrome is always fugly

#322 8 years ago

BOP Ball will not eject to start a new game? What should I look for? Fuses are all good.

#323 8 years ago
Quoted from T2play:

BOP Ball will not eject to start a new game? What should I look for? Fuses are all good.

no broken wires to the coil? did you do a coil test to see if it fires?

#324 8 years ago
Quoted from T2play:

First check the mechanical part of the ball eject - are the wires soldered on the coil? Then check for power to the coil; the coil always has power. You should see 20 to 75 volts on both sides of the coil.

Find out which transistor controls the coil and short the metal tab on the transistor to ground and the coil should fire. After that, it's a little more complicated but we can help...

#325 8 years ago
Quoted from T2play:

If the coil is firing, but no ball appears, you might have the same issue I had with my Bride. The eject cam mounting bracket for the ball eject mech had cracked. I ordered one from Bay Area Amusements. Check by just watching the cam cycle. If this part is cracked or bent, the cam will graze or miss the ball.

If that is the issue. Here is the part link at Marco

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-18146

#326 8 years ago

Went through all tests and everything seems to fire, just when I push the start button nothing happens, could the switch be bad, is there a way to bypass the switch to see if it is bad?

#327 8 years ago

If you put the game in switch test you will be able to check

#328 8 years ago
Quoted from T2play:

Went through all tests and everything seems to fire, just when I push the start button nothing happens, could the switch be bad, is there a way to bypass the switch to see if it is bad?

A couple of simple things you might not have thought of:
Both balls in the trough?
Trough switches registering balls in place?
Game either set to free play, or credits showing?

You COULD jumper the start button with a test wire, but testing for continuity across the switch with a DMM when the button is pushed first may be an idea.

#329 8 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

A couple of simple things you might not have thought of:
Both balls in the trough?
Trough switches registering balls in place?
Game either set to free play, or credits showing?
You COULD jumper the start button with a test wire, but testing for continuity across the switch with a DMM when the button is pushed first may be an idea.

My Bride uses 3 balls even though its only a 2 multiball game. Could it only have 2 in the trough and needs to see a 3rd?

#330 8 years ago
Quoted from rottenrobert1313:

My Bride uses 3 balls even though its only a 2 multiball game. Could it only have 2 in the trough and needs to see a 3rd?

Whoops! My mistake. Should see three balls in the trough to start a game.

#331 8 years ago

It happened right after a game finished and got the matching number and knocker went off, went to hit the start button and nothing, I will check for the balls, it is set to free play. Thanks for all the help, I hope it is something simply.

#332 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

here's another try
Bop LEFT Side Blade 002.jpg

any updates on this ?

#333 8 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

any updates on this ?

Soon, life got in the way... Had to tunnel under a tree to replace a pipe in my yard

#334 8 years ago

That tree is too close to the house!

#335 8 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

That tree is too close to the house!

I agree! That tree is going to F... up that foundation if it hasn't already??? I hope your game room isn't in the basement.

#336 8 years ago

That tree is next to the fence in the very back of the yard , we had to tunnel under the tree and the fence to get to the alley

#338 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

So the fence is made out of block.

You bet ya

#339 8 years ago

ok... enough of the yard chit chat....

Trial # 2

I liked saturn with titan behind it, it looks less busy and more business, hehe

bop_left_side_trial_002.jpgbop_left_side_trial_002.jpg

#340 8 years ago

Looks really nice. I know this is just rough paste on picture but would the sticker extend below the pf? That way Saturn wouldn't be cut off like in your picture, There's a big gap right there on the game and that would fill it. Maybe tilt the bb pointing end of the galaxy down a bit like the way Saturn is and make Titan smaller and further away from Saturn (toward the coin door above the apron). I hope I'm not bugging you with my suggestions.

#341 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Looks really nice. I know this is just rough paste on picture but would the sticker extend below the pf? That way Saturn wouldn't be cut off like in your picture, There's a big gap right there on the game and that would fill it. Maybe tilt the bb pointing end of the galaxy down a bit like the way Saturn is and make Titan smaller and further away from Saturn (toward the coin door above the apron). I hope I'm not bugging you with my suggestions.

Oh yeah!, no problem, I like the suggestions... Yes, the graphic is designed to go below the playfield, I cut it to show how it looks in-line with the plastics. I'll post the other tomorrow to see how it all fits

#342 8 years ago

i like the first design better.the galaxy is too big on this one and the shuttle looks lost in the corner. maybe make the galaxy smaller with a few more planets . thanks for working on this !

#343 8 years ago

inner side art tug of war!

#344 8 years ago

I like it but maybe just a detailed starscape would work better for this pin, either way I would like to buy this once completed.

stars.jpgstars.jpg

#345 8 years ago

I really like mollyspub inner side art, with the artistic solar system, thats what I really want to do, is re-create it, but time is not on my side, more to come soon

#347 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I really like mollyspub inner side art, with the artistic solar system, thats what I really want to do, is re-create it, but time is not on my side, more to come soon

Pm sent

#348 8 years ago

So I learned two things today with my BoP.

1) Double-check the existing ROM jumper before assuming you need to change it. I was on L-4 and everything I heard/read was that I'd need to jumper mine to make the larger L-8 chip work. So I moved it over, put the new chip in, no boot. After some head-scratching and worrying I fried something while soldering, I realized it was already on the right setting before...doh! I guess both settings (W1 and W2) support 1MB chips so my existing L-4 must have been 1MB. Easy fix at least.

2) The new L-8 (which is just a fixed L-7) has more options in the menus that don't show up in my manual. It seems they added various things including stuff like "A.1.33 - Game Restart Speed" and such. Unfortunately, I have no idea what some of them do.

Is there any sort of resource online that explains the various new additions to the menus for the L-7/L-8 chips? I found a bunch of comparison threads but nothing that went into that kind of detail. Any pointers appreciated!

#349 8 years ago
Quoted from Morydees:

So I learned two things today with my BoP.
1) Double-check the existing ROM jumper before assuming you need to change it. I was on L-4 and everything I heard/read was that I'd need to jumper mine to make the larger L-8 chip work. So I moved it over, put the new chip in, no boot. After some head-scratching and worrying I fried something while soldering, I realized it was already on the right setting before...doh! I guess both settings (W1 and W2) support 1MB chips so my existing L-4 must have been 1MB. Easy fix at least.

Yep. both w1 and w2 jumper setting support 1mb eprom. Too bad you missed my post, would have save you some time.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-clubnon-20?tq&tu=jacklick#post-2713961

correct (AFIAK) wpc jumper data here.
http://www.thatpinballplace.com/documents/rejumpering_wpc_cpu.htm

#350 8 years ago

Even worse

Quoted from jacklick:

Yep. both w1 and w2 jumper setting support 1mb eprom. Too bad you missed my post, would have save you some time.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-clubnon-20?tq&tu=jacklick#post-2713961
correct (AFIAK) wpc jumper data here.
http://www.thatpinballplace.com/documents/rejumpering_wpc_cpu.htm

Ugh, I do actually remember your post because I bookmarked that page! Apparently I blocked out the note part of it though. I should probably stop working on the machine on lack of sleep

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.99
$ 9.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Albany, NY
£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

3,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Firestone, CO
$ 27.95
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
There are 2,688 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 54.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-clubnon-20/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.