Topic Stats

• 2,134 posts
  • 193 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 hours ago by Scoot
  • Topic is favorited by 89 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 865 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

16117066016583236801879377539776 (resized).jpg
IMG_2483 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2485 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2484 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2482 (resized).jpeg
E95EC0AF-A4E5-4688-8BB9-235020C6EDA4 (resized).jpeg
E4F81A57-4D17-4A00-82E4-D9BC56AACD25 (resized).jpeg
C3D5AAA3-DCEF-4C57-BD57-E729CC1790BB (resized).jpeg
AA146C9F-A4D5-4A3C-8215-3F4701822147 (resized).jpeg
31E1A9F7-4A2F-47C0-900D-39651433A132 (resized).jpeg
84DDA4B1-A190-4818-B125-2720DC0C6854 (resized).jpeg
BOPa2 (resized).JPG
BOPa1 (resized).JPG
20210119_064723 (002) (resized).jpg
BOP3 (resized).JPG
BOP (resized).JPG

There are 2134 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 43.
#2101 14 days ago

Not sure what you are looking for....

20191212_155408 (resized).jpg20191212_155411 (resized).jpg20191212_155414 (resized).jpg20191212_155419 (resized).jpg20191212_155445 (resized).jpg
#2102 14 days ago

Thanks. I'm just trying to compare known good wiring with mine to see if there's something non-obvious that's different about mine that could cause all of the trouble I've had getting everything to work correctly.

#2103 14 days ago
Quoted from Boslaw:

Thanks. I'm just trying to compare known good wiring with mine to see if there's something non-obvious that's different about mine that could cause all of the trouble I've had getting everything to work correctly.

LMK if you want something specific. This is just what i had in my archive.
Easy enough to lift the PF for a few glamor shots.

#2104 14 days ago
Quoted from Morinack:

LMK if you want something specific. This is just what i had in my archive.
Easy enough to lift the PF for a few glamor shots.

Thanks!

#2105 14 days ago

I'm joining the BOP Club! (non-2.0). First BOP I've ever owned and I'm happy to get one in pretty good shape. I've noticed that I have whatever ROM version installed that makes the game's sound cut off at the game-over if a ball if locked. This doesn't bother me much (except when I get a high score and want to hear that music) so I'm not sure if it's worth the hassle to get it updated/replaced. Does anyone know if the newer version have any benefits other than correcting the game over music issue?

BOP (resized).JPG
#2106 14 days ago
Quoted from ClarkGriswold:

I'm joining the BOP Club! (non-2.0). First BOP I've ever owned and I'm happy to get one in pretty good shape. I've noticed that I have whatever ROM version installed that makes the game's sound cut off at the game-over if a ball if locked. This doesn't bother me much (except when I get a high score and want to hear that music) so I'm not sure if it's worth the hassle to get it updated/replaced. Does anyone know if the newer version have any benefits other than correcting the game over music issue?[quoted image]

I am running L-8 which I thought was the latest, and it does the same thing.

#2107 14 days ago
Quoted from ClarkGriswold:

I'm joining the BOP Club! (non-2.0). First BOP I've ever owned and I'm happy to get one in pretty good shape. I've noticed that I have whatever ROM version installed that makes the game's sound cut off at the game-over if a ball if locked. This doesn't bother me much (except when I get a high score and want to hear that music) so I'm not sure if it's worth the hassle to get it updated/replaced. Does anyone know if the newer version have any benefits other than correcting the game over music issue?[quoted image]

I think that bug is in all code versions?

#2108 14 days ago

There was an unofficial version released that is the absolute latest version but I think it introduced a different bug. It's somewhere in this thread. I think I have L-6.

#2109 13 days ago

I have an L-6 and it also does the sound cut off thing. That's the last version before you have to solder jumper-wires to the motherboard, right?

#2110 13 days ago

Mine is L4 and has the sound drop-out. Game plays fine so I've never investigated pros/cons of 'up-ROMming'.

-Rob
-visit https://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my Pinball 2000 H+V Video Sync Combiner kit

#2111 13 days ago

I currently have L-7 in mine at the moment. If I recall correctly you really want at least version L-6 since that was supposed to have updates for the rotating head and supposedly had more forgiving timing. The earlier versions were a bit tight on timing and if the head was running a bit slow for any reason it would fail. Originally got my BOP when Williams was still in business and exchanged some e-mails with them about it and they told me about that fix. If I can find that message I'll have to post it. I know after running the newer code I've never seen errors with that.

#2112 13 days ago

anyone ever run into a issue where the knocker either resets the game to ball one, or slam tilts?

#2113 13 days ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

anyone ever run into a issue where the knocker either resets the game to ball one, or slam tilts?

That is a strange one, have not ran in to something like that yet in my repair experience! Eager to hear from others about this.

#2114 12 days ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

I currently have L-7 in mine at the moment. If I recall correctly you really want at least version L-6 since that was supposed to have updates for the rotating head and supposedly had more forgiving timing. The earlier versions were a bit tight on timing and if the head was running a bit slow for any reason it would fail. Originally got my BOP when Williams was still in business and exchanged some e-mails with them about it and they told me about that fix. If I can find that message I'll have to post it. I know after running the newer code I've never seen errors with that.

Even the Pinball Arcade version on my Xbox sound cuts off when a ball is locked at the end of a game.

#2115 11 days ago

Hi there, I am looking to get a color match for the purple. I have a couple of small areas I'd like to touch up.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

#2116 10 days ago

I need some help! For reference - I have pretty limited experience trouble-shooting and fixing pinball machines. I have changed out some parts (solenoids, micro-switches) and rubbers/plastics/lights, but never much with the boards. I do enjoy learning and trying to attempt

My BOP has an issue with the lights around the "rotating face" - each side of the face has light bulbs that mimic each other, but sometimes mine will be doing different things at the same time (IE - one side is completely solid while the other side is doing a pattern or each side will be doing mis-matched lighting sequences).

Usually the game starts with it mismatched and then after the first face turns to the second face and the ball is released down the left wire ramp, then the lights start to sync up and do the same pattern on each side. I took a really short video of it, but I'm not sure how to post those in a thread? I did take a picture that represents what's happening. Also, after the machine has been on a while, it usually will correct itself at some point and the new games you start will have matching light sequences on both sides right away.

When you first turn on the machine and start a game, it will almost always not match the sequence on both sides of the face. Any ideas on what I should be looking at to start troubleshooting? Anyone else ever have a similar problem?

BOP3 (resized).JPG
#2117 8 days ago

Does anyone know of a vendor that sells the light baffle/diffusor that goes on the light board behind the translight? Mine is a bit brittle.

20210119_064723 (002) (resized).jpg

#2118 8 days ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

Does anyone know of a vendor that sells the light bellows/diffusor that goes on the light board behind the translight? Mine is a bit brittle.

I emailed them at Pinball Life quite some time ago about whether they would get these remade (they sell remakes of some baffles). The response from memory was that it would probably have to be remade in 2 halves and that they may look into it. Nothing has come to light yet unfortunately but i would deffo be in for a couple if they did them.

#2119 8 days ago
Quoted from Mancave:

I emailed them at Pinball Life quite some time ago about whether they would get these remade (they sell remakes of some baffles). The response from memory was that it would probably have to be remade in 2 halves and that they may look into it. Nothing has come to light yet unfortunately but i would deffo be in for a couple if they did them.

Thank you for the response. I just started a restoration...I guess until they become available, like most, I will have to be careful changing out those lights and take care of the one I have...all the best.

#2120 8 days ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

Does anyone know of a vendor that sells the light bellows/diffusor that goes on the light board behind the translight? Mine is a bit brittle.
[quoted image]

Have recently heard from a realible source that these are in the works but no eta as of yet.

#2121 8 days ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Have recently heard from a realible source that these are in the works but no eta as of yet

From Pinball Life or another source? either way shout out LOUD when you have knowledge of them up for sale please, it's the only thing i couldn't find for my restored machine

#2122 8 days ago

Good news that those diffusers will be repro'd. Mines fine but brittle as... Wont be long before it breaks I am sure.

Can any fellow BOP owners help me out.

I am putting mine back together (took a million pics, but not this one it seems)

The mini playfield, mine seems to slope down to the bottom left, if I screw down the front left screw into the metal post.

Its almost like the post I have their is 1/4" too short. But all the mental shorter posts seem to be the same length.

Anyone got a pic of theirs? Maybe it's meant to slope down to the left from the front or maybe I'm putting it back together wrong.

#2123 7 days ago

That is a tough spot to take a picture that is helpful. I tried (please ignore the extra bulb socket that I installed off of the head - that is not there on your machine). My mini playfield seems very level from right to left and it seems like it should be as otherwise the ball would almost never go to the return on the far right of the heart ramp)

Let me know if you want me to try again for any other angles.

BOPa1 (resized).JPGBOPa2 (resized).JPG
#2124 7 days ago

Anyone have insight on the correct color purple for touch up, and where I can buy it?

thanks in advance!

#2125 5 days ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

Does anyone know of a vendor that sells the light baffle/diffusor that goes on the light board behind the translight? Mine is a bit brittle.

I thought somebody like swinks had things like these in their 3d print shop repertoire. Maybe not the whole piece but just the individual boxes that can be relatively easily properly positioned.

-Rob
-visit https://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my Pinball 2000 H+V Video Sync Combiner kit

#2126 5 days ago
Quoted from rkahr:

I thought somebody like swinks had things like these in their 3d print shop repertoire. Maybe not the whole piece but just the individual boxes that can be relatively easily properly positioned.
-Rob

Meh... Patience. They're coming ( so I'm told)

#2127 5 days ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

Anyone have insight on the correct color purple for touch up, and where I can buy it?
thanks in advance!

So when we did a restore on my BOP we took a piece of the new side decals to the auto paint shop and they matched with the paint scanner. Here is the paint can with paint code. It’s a perfect match but it was all new decals so not sure if you have cabinet fade etc..

31E1A9F7-4A2F-47C0-900D-39651433A132 (resized).jpeg84DDA4B1-A190-4818-B125-2720DC0C6854 (resized).jpegAA146C9F-A4D5-4A3C-8215-3F4701822147 (resized).jpegC3D5AAA3-DCEF-4C57-BD57-E729CC1790BB (resized).jpegE4F81A57-4D17-4A00-82E4-D9BC56AACD25 (resized).jpegE95EC0AF-A4E5-4688-8BB9-235020C6EDA4 (resized).jpeg
#2128 4 days ago

Lovely job!

#2129 1 day ago

Is anyone using Titan rubber on their BoP? If so, what small rings are you using on the elevated mini playfield around the plastic post?

#2130 1 day ago

Joined the club about a month ago and couldn't be happier with the purchase.

IMG_2482 (resized).jpegIMG_2483 (resized).jpegIMG_2484 (resized).jpegIMG_2485 (resized).jpeg
#2131 1 day ago
Quoted from number_runner:

Joined the club about a month ago and couldn't be happier with the purchase.

What lights are you using in the helmet? I converted back from non-ghosting leds (still ghosted there) to incandescent, but am considering one of the arduino/led mods.

#2132 20 hours ago

I'm looking at Pinduino for helmet and shuttle ramp, but living in the UK it means I have to sell a kidney to pay for delivery.

I'd be happy just to get a few of the boards to play with.

I notice there is a chap in Sweden that does a Helmet replacement board. But not sure he still makes them, have sent a PM.

Have incandescent bulbs in helmet at the moment, but would like to move to purple LEDs at some point.

#2133 20 hours ago

I have purple non-ghosting LED's in my helmet. They work and look great. No pinduino in mine.

#2134 18 hours ago
Quoted from jjga:

Is anyone using Titan rubber on their BoP? If so, what small rings are you using on the elevated mini playfield around the plastic post?

I use Titans on all my pins. You want the 3/8 od.

https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=52

16117066016583236801879377539776 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
$ 40.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
There are 2134 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 43.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside