New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 132740)

BOP Club...non 2.0

By MustangPaul

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2,039 posts
  • 184 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 50 minutes ago by Boslaw
  • Topic is favorited by 83 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 802 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200105_155523 (resized).jpg
WDB089_PAGE1.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_7903 2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7904 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7905 (resized).jpeg
DBB31FBF-BE05-49C1-B94A-F0D3155007E6 (resized).jpeg
20191231_084438 (resized).jpg
IMG_7848 (resized).jpeg
0C073854-8036-44A6-929A-9812AF474A74 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20201005_101622 (resized).jpg
0B15FB0B-3408-4400-BF2E-F8D38F5899A8 (resized).jpeg
20200913_201843 (resized).jpg
20200913_160116 (resized).jpg
20200913_154255 (resized).jpg
20200909_200830 (resized).jpg
20200909_195709 (resized).jpg

There are 2039 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 41.
#1851 9 months ago

I am about to. Just finished stripping the old playfield, so stay tuned.

#1852 9 months ago

I have both left and right side BOP 2.0 cabinet decals for sale, $75 each shipped in the lower 48. I had a local sign shop mount another pair on this stuff called alumacore I think it's called and hung one above my pool table. PM me if interested.

IMGA0957 (resized).JPGIMGA0959 (resized).JPG
#1853 9 months ago

I installed a repro "Peter/Bathumberg" playfield in my Bop last spring . It came out perfect. The quality was top notch. The colors, the quality of the wood, the holes and dimples where all there and in the right spots. Just be sure you let the clear coat cure for about 6 months or so after you receive it . I did that and it turned great , it made the swop a breeze! One thing you might want to have on hand are the dremel bits and glue that Kruzman sells . Grind out the clear in the holes for the posts and metal parts and use the glue to seal the edges of the clear to the edge of the hole. Works great and you wont have any problems with the clear

#1854 9 months ago
Quoted from oradke:

I am about to. Just finished stripping the old playfield, so stay tuned.

Will do!

Quoted from Devilsmuse:

I installed a repro "Peter/Bathumberg" playfield in my Bop last spring . It came out perfect. The quality was top notch. The colors, the quality of the wood, the holes and dimples where all there and in the right spots. Just be sure you let the clear coat cure for about 6 months or so after you receive it . I did that and it turned great , it made the swop a breeze! One thing you might want to have on hand are the dremel bits and glue that Kruzman sells . Grind out the clear in the holes for the posts and metal parts and use the glue to seal the edges of the clear to the edge of the hole. Works great and you wont have any problems with the clear

Thanks for the input. I'll more than likely grab one of these given the PP is not much different than restoring mine.

#1855 9 months ago

So this is my Bride that I picked up on Sat, a friend sold an empty cab to another friend 8 years ago and he pieced it together. When he sad he was listing it, I had to grab it to keep it in the family. He managed to grab a spare PF that another friend kind of restored, needs a few more touchups, and then a clear, but I am leaning towards doing the repro.

I had some GI and insert bulbs so I installed those yesterday, and I will order up some stuff for the backbox later in the week. Now to look into if it is possible to reverse engineer the 2.0

0 (resized).jpeg0-4 (resized).jpeg0-5 (resized).jpeg0-6 (resized).jpeg
#1856 9 months ago

Done with stripping, cables just out of the dishwasher!

FF8946C6-A7F8-4F7C-B8A1-66313B57867A (resized).jpeg
#1857 9 months ago
Quoted from Jakusu:

All done and playing beautifully!
Got the pinsound mix and motion control going well.
Lots of little mods, enjoy the pics.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I spent a good bit of time reading through this entire thread and am amazed by all of the awesome mods, etc,but this is hands down on of the sickest looking BOP's I have seen. Amazing job, it looks so clean.

I had planned to go with clear Titans and more purple, and possible the black decals, but man that chrome. Amazing job.

#1858 9 months ago

Sorry for another post, I am hoping to order up some Titans for my BoP does anyone know if the manual is accurate in terms of rings used/needed? I see the kit posted on the Titan site has quite a few more rings added to it.

#1859 9 months ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

I spent a good bit of time reading through this entire thread and am amazed by all of the awesome mods, etc,but this is hands down on of the sickest looking BOP's I have seen. Amazing job, it looks so clean.
I had planned to go with clear Titans and more purple, and possible the black decals, but man that chrome. Amazing job.

Thankyou!
I've since added pin sound motion control shaker which is so nice on this game. Especially custom setting on the heartbeat/metamorphasis

#1860 8 months ago

Just got billionaires club for the first time! It was hard enough getting both balls up for the big wheel spin but once that heart lit up I thought for sure I was going to fumble the heartbeat shot!

C45B735A-2909-4132-AFC8-247E100178E0 (resized).jpeg
#1861 8 months ago

Just finishing up a restore from a so-called restore. Hack job to say the least!

Can anyone tell me how many spacers and size I need to installed these plastic??

Thanks!

fullsizeoutput_5282 (resized).jpeg
#1862 8 months ago
Quoted from algrande:

Just finishing up a restore from a so-called restore. Hack job to say the least!
Can anyone tell me how many spacers and size I need to installed these plastic??
Thanks![quoted image]

I can take a picture of mine, there’s only 1 spacer on each of the screws fairly long.
CC42980E-DFE3-4860-B97E-FC73F0E0893F (resized).jpeg
Without looking appears to be about 1 inch long.

#1863 8 months ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

I can take a picture of mine, there’s only 1 spacer on each of the screws fairly long.
[quoted image]
Without looking appears to be about 1 inch long.

Thanks. I really appreciate it.

Any chance someone could confirm the length?

#1864 8 months ago

PP1 - Spacer Post #6 x 3/4
PP2 - Spacer Post #6 x 1 5/32
SP1 - #6 x 1¼ Pan Head Phillips
SP2 - #6 x 1⅝ Phillip Washer Head

Bop2 (resized).jpg
#1865 8 months ago

Thank you very much!

Quoted from chipleader:

PP1 - Spacer Post #6 x 3/4
PP2 - Spacer Post #6 x 1 5/32
SP1 - #6 x 1¼ Pan Head Phillips
SP2 - #6 x 1⅝ Phillip Washer Head[quoted image]

#1866 8 months ago

Hello fellow BoP club members. How much does an original DP playfield add to the price of an excellent BoP when selling? See one was $3750 in Dec. Don't see any others in recent times.

#1867 8 months ago

I just ordered up some new bits for my Bride. I grabbed some purple dome flasher covers for the head, and it appears they are a hair larger than the originals and the head won't fit with them installed. They're bumping into the ramps. I was just wondering if anyone else had this problem and if so how did you remedy it. I was planning on just shaving the ramp lip down some.

#1868 8 months ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

I just ordered up some new bits for my Bride. I grabbed some purple dome flasher covers for the head, and it appears they are a hair larger than the originals and the head won't fit with them installed. They're bumping into the ramps. I was just wondering if anyone else had this problem and if so how did you remedy it. I was planning on just shaving the ramp lip down some.

I would bet you are installing them wrong. I first tried to install the domes on the outside by mistake and had the same issue you seem to have. The domes go through the helmet and secured. If you attach them on the outside then they will not fit. If not, I would add some spacers or washers inside where they attach with the screws. I would not try to trim the ramps.
20190816_203310 (resized).jpg

#1869 8 months ago

The Bally/Williams purple domes should be the same size as all the other colours. Not sure if there are varying sizes for Data East or later Gottliebs?? The purple ones i bought for my restore were definitely the same size as the red ones that were originally on the helmet.

9e871decc9f41592337ca20da4633010166fd8ad (resized).jpg
#1870 8 months ago

Yeah, I have them installed on the interior, but these are just a hair taller. I tried washers, but need to get longer screws. Thanks everyone.

#1871 8 months ago
Quoted from Cudaman:

Hello fellow BoP club members. How much does an original DP playfield add to the price of an excellent BoP when selling? See one was $3750 in Dec. Don't see any others in recent times.

No one has any input?

#1872 8 months ago

Sorry, I paid $950 for my Bride 20 years ago... I have no other price point to offer. Personally diamond plate on a machine is a $200 dollar premium at best. or the difference between a NOS clearcoated and un-clearcoated PF.

2 weeks later
#1873 7 months ago

Since no one seems to have the elusive BoP wire gate for sale (A-14609), and many people (like me) are missing the gate, I'm wondering if anyone can provide the measurement specs for the gate (not the wire, which you can still buy from Marco). Alternately, if anyone has a good solution for making the gate yourself (materials used, etc) please post your solution.

Thanks

#1874 7 months ago
Quoted from Boslaw:

Since no one seems to have the elusive BoP wire gate for sale (A-14609), and many people (like me) are missing the gate, I'm wondering if anyone can provide the measurement specs for the gate (not the wire, which you can still buy from Marco). Alternately, if anyone has a good solution for making the gate yourself (materials used, etc) please post your solution.
Thanks

Check out post 958 in this forum:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-clubnon-20/page/20#post-3347743

#1875 7 months ago

Thanks. Those appear to be the measurements of the wire. I need the measurements of the gate (the frame that the wire is attached to). My gate is missing (and that's the part no one carries anymore).

#1876 7 months ago
Quoted from Boslaw:

Thanks. Those appear to be the measurements of the wire. I need the measurements of the gate (the frame that the wire is attached to). My gate is missing (and that's the part no one carries anymore).

Measure the distance between the two posts. That and the dimensions in post 958 will give you a rough estimate. The wire is the only unique part, you should be able to use any gate that will fit over the two posts. After seeing this post I did some googling and it seems like Fun House uses the same size gate.

#1877 7 months ago

Here are some photos that might help. Measurements are approximate based on a set of calipers that reads to the nearest 0.01”.

08482DA6-898A-4379-92FA-2E1FA97DC5B9 (resized).jpegCBA0AC06-049D-4A2E-B568-B44B49D61E7C (resized).jpeg
#1878 7 months ago

Brilliant, thanks.

nerdygrrl Sadly, most of the gates for sale on Marco don't have sizes listed. Of the few that do have sizes, the closest I could find are 3" overall and 3.437" overall. If anyone knows of another gate that matches the specs above, please let me know. If not, at least I can use these measurements to try and bend one up from some scrap metal.

#1879 7 months ago

I have a friend who works at a metal shop and may be able to fabricate one of these using tfduda measurements. If others are in need, I can ask if they'd be willing to fabricate more for sale depending on interest. Fabrication would include the frame only (not the wire) but you can purchase the wire from Marco or make that yourself with piano wire.

#1880 7 months ago
Quoted from Boslaw:

Brilliant, thanks.
nerdygrrl Sadly, most of the gates for sale on Marco don't have sizes listed. Of the few that do have sizes, the closest I could find are 3" overall and 3.437" overall. If anyone knows of another gate that matches the specs above, please let me know. If not, at least I can use these measurements to try and bend one up from some scrap metal.

I will try and find the post where the guy stated he used a FH. Probably won't be until this afternoon. I am sorry this has turned into such a headache for you. I didn't even realize this was missing.

#1881 7 months ago

The part seems to be missing on a lot of BOP's based on what I've read here. I got the part manufactured yesterday - it came out perfect. I think it's the same part on Funhouse - if it's not avail from any of the pin sites (PBR, Marco, etc.) for BoP, it's not avail for Funhouse either.

If there are many people looking for the part (I believe it's A-14609) I could probably get my friend to manufacture a bunch. Would have to be a big enough group to make it worthwhile though. Manufacturing these to spec as one-offs is very expensive in terms of machinery and programming time.

Got a friend to weld the ball cage yesterday where the ball launches from the plunger - 3 weld points were separated.

Next up - playfield touch-ups on the 2nd playfield you sold me to cover the yellowed spots, followed by attempting my first clear coat.

This is giving me something to do during quarantine. At least I'm still able to order parts and supplies online

IMG_6511 (resized).jpeg
#1882 7 months ago
Quoted from Boslaw:

The part seems to be missing on a lot of BOP's based on what I've read here. I got the part manufactured yesterday - it came out perfect. I think it's the same part on Funhouse - if it's not avail from any of the pin sites (PBR, Marco, etc.) for BoP, it's not avail for Funhouse either.
If there are many people looking for the part (I believe it's A-14609) I could probably get my friend to manufacture a bunch. Would have to be a big enough group to make it worthwhile though. Manufacturing these to spec as one-offs is very expensive in terms of machinery and programming time.
Got a friend to weld the ball cage yesterday where the ball launches from the plunger - 3 weld points were separated.
Next up - playfield touch-ups on the 2nd playfield you sold me to cover the yellowed spots, followed by attempting my first clear coat.
This is giving me something to do during quarantine. At least I'm still able to order parts and supplies online [quoted image]

I have one on my game but id probably be in for a back up... Just incase

#1883 7 months ago

I'll keep track of how many are interested. I have to find out from the shop how many they would need to sell to make it worthwhile for both buyer and seller. In other words - no one's buying this part if it costs $50. . .

#1884 7 months ago

In order to get these to a reasonable price (~$10) I would have to get 100 orders. The price doubles to $20ea to produce <100 (all + shipping), plus you'd have to make or buy the wire part separately. If anyone wants 1 at $20, I think they made a few for me as a test. This is no profit for me - strictly my cost.

#1885 7 months ago

I don’t see the purpose of that bracket. Is it a one way flowing restricting bracket? As I see none switch on my BOP to warrant me putting that bracket on mine.

#1886 7 months ago

That bracket, coupled with the wire gate, is a one-way restrictor. The ball can go up the ramp, but if it hits the left side on the way down, the wire gate will stop it there and funnel it to the right side, so the ball doesn't simply drain straight down the middle.

You can see the gate stop the ball at 23:19 in this video:

#1887 7 months ago

Makes sense Boslaw, I would take one of those brackets if still available and you would ship to Canada

#1888 7 months ago

At the moment, the ones my friend made are at the $20 level (and that's without wire or shipping). If you'd like one at that price, I can certainly have it shipped. That's a lot of $ for what the part is, so I'm also happy to wait and see if we can get a bigger group order and bring the cost down to something more reasonable.

#1889 7 months ago

As long I don’t miss out on one I can wait to see the outcome, but if it’s a no go on a bulk buy please save me one of them at $20. That has always been an ugly drain in the game. Thanks for all the work your putting into this.

#1890 7 months ago

No worries. I'll make sure you're on top of the list, along with mollyspub. If you change your mind and decide to buy one now at $20, just DM me and I'll arrange for shipment, etc.

#1891 7 months ago

Thanks Boslaw, will do

#1892 7 months ago

This one is pretty close. https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-11120

Looks like you have to move the hole in a little. Slotted side is probably okay as is. Be forewarned. Stainless will be hard to drill.
Dracula Gate Bracket (resized).png

#1893 7 months ago
Quoted from 85Txaggie:

This one is pretty close. https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-11120
Looks like you have to move the hole in a little. Slotted side is probably okay as is. Be forewarned. Stainless will be hard to drill.
[quoted image]

Use a dremel and slot it out like it is on the right side. Put a washer over it if you have to.

#1894 7 months ago
Quoted from Scoot:

More

Use a dremel and slot it out like it is on the right side. Put a washer over it if you have to.

I'd have to see it. It could look ugly if it overhangs very far. Luckily mine came with no gate, but the bracket was there. Not sure how so many of the gates are missing from operated games.

#1895 7 months ago

Any opinions on the best set of BoP cabinet decals? I'm possibly looking to replace with the original purple look (not 2.0, not black). What are the differences between the various makers products? Thanks in advance.

1 week later
#1896 7 months ago

Just picked up my BOP yesterday! This is one I have been looking for! It actually has taken me a couple years. There were ones available, but $$$ or timing or distance never lined up right.

Took a trip yesterday and here we are!

Plays great, looks good. My son already loves it.

DSC_0449 (resized).JPGDSC_0451 (resized).JPGDSC_0464 (resized).JPGDSC_0466 (resized).JPGDSC_0467 (resized).JPGDSC_0468 (resized).JPGDSC_0469 (resized).JPG
#1897 7 months ago

Congrats , looks to be in really nice condition. Welcome to the club

#1898 7 months ago

I will be starting a BoP restoration this weekend. In preparation, I sent one of my wireframes to Chris Royalty to exchange with a newer chrome plated copy. When Chris received my wireframe, he noticed that mine was different than the ones he keeps in stock - mine have less reinforcements, but they don't appear to have been modified (no old weld points, etc.). I'm not sure if I have an older version of the wireframe. Just thought this was interesting. In the attached pictures, Chris' is on the left, mine is on the right. When I purchased the game, I found 3 broken weld points on mine - probably due to the lack of reinforcements present on Chris' version.

image1 (resized).jpegunnamed (resized).jpg
#1899 7 months ago

Any idea what kind of jet bumper screws are used in this machine? I knocked one out of the playfield and they are not fin shank - they have larger threads on top, smaller threads on bottom.

Thanks in advance

1 week later
#1900 6 months ago

image (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 349.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
£ 55.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 499.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
There are 2039 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 41.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside