2 (resized).jpg
20230107_193858 (resized).jpg
BOP_pinbot_values (resized).png
DSC06303 (resized).JPG
DSC06302 (resized).JPG
DSC06301 (resized).JPG
CE093284-D2E7-434C-94F7-231E5F890FC5 (resized).jpeg
20230730_133932 (resized).jpg

There are 2,684 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 54.
#1751 4 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

OK I thought the pic with art was after putting decals in after sanding off the existing art. That's why I was asking. As shown above that cab was not a decal but a screened piece. The german playfield is only a few years old. They are nice but can get some cracking on the inserts. It does not affect play, but it can be seen.

Sorry, I didn’t make it clear. Along with the game I purchased came a set of decals and a playfield. The person I bought it from was going to restore it but had other projects going on so I now have it. So the head restored does have the new decals on it. When I was sanding the head down, I noticed the purple showing under the gray.

Quoted from Mancave:

Do you intend to repaint the cab before applying the new decals? If so i would use a heat gun and scrape off the white vinyl layer back to bare wood (may need to use an orange based cleaner to remove the residue also) Then you can patch up any holes if needed and get a nice smooth finish before applying the decals.

I am going to repaint the cabinet inside and out, after I repair all the damage first of course. This will be the first time applying decals to a cabinet so I want to do the best job I can. The head decals went on well so I’m hoping for the best.

#1752 4 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Sorry, I didn’t make it clear. Along with the game I purchased came a set of decals and a playfield. The person I bought it from was going to restore it but had other projects going on so I now have it. So the head restored does have the new decals on it. When I was sanding the head down, I noticed the purple showing under the gray.

I am going to repaint the cabinet inside and out, after I repair all the damage first of course. This will be the first time applying decals to a cabinet so I want to do the best job I can. The head decals went on well so I’m hoping for the best.

Run your fingers on the new decal, if you feel texture its PPS next gens. be careful they scratch. Those look too purple to be those though. If they are smooth and super glossy they are the new german ones. But I don't think so. They might be the ones that pheonix or someone was doing. or the guy out of europe who was doing them w/o licensing. It don't really matter, it'll be better than a really bad cab was.

1 week later
#1753 4 years ago

Well it happened. I was playing last night with some friends and I made it to the billionaires club and the game did a reset. I remember reading about this somewhere with the L7 game rom that I have. I would like to see about going to L8 for the fix but want to know opinions if it is worth it. If I do want to go to L8, where can I get one?

1 week later
#1754 4 years ago
20190728_152536 (resized).jpg20190728_152536 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#1755 4 years ago

Starship Fantasy has the BOP helmet back in stock!

https://www.starship-fantasy.com/ramps/The-Machine-Bride-of-Pinbot-Helmit

Quoted from lrosent345:

The following parts are available again:

Partyzone robotic comic unpainted

Bride of Pinbot helmet

Terminator 2 skull unpainted

Getaway supercharger cover set.

#1756 4 years ago

If anyone needs a helmet let me know. This one has no cracks and is in great shape. It has a blemish on the right side which will not come off.

$40 plus shipping.

20190813_110732 (resized).jpg20190813_110732 (resized).jpg15657091877713447650192677016386 (resized).jpg15657091877713447650192677016386 (resized).jpg20190813_110748 (resized).jpg20190813_110748 (resized).jpg
#1757 4 years ago

Just listed my BOP if anyone is interested

Machine - For Sale
Fully shopped/refurbished - “Nice Bride of Pinbot. It has a brand new center ramp, new posts, LEDs, etc. Please review all pictures to determine condition. If you need more detailed pictures let me know. ...”
2019-08-09
Kearsley, MI
3,999 (Firm)
Archived after: 25 days
Viewed: 371 times

2 weeks later
#1758 4 years ago

It's getting so much closer, can't wait to play it again
BOPR1 (resized).jpgBOPR1 (resized).jpgBOPR2 (resized).jpgBOPR2 (resized).jpg

#1759 4 years ago

My custom playfield is nearly ready, cant wait to get stuck in to it. I just had my local playfield restorer guru do some custom requests for me to my own liking and to tie in with my custom cab and playfield parts Im going to run with.
My helmet light cct card mod I bought seems to have died at the moment, need to investigate further.
I've pretty much finished my pin sound mix, added my own tunes and sound effects and cleaned up all of the vocals into stereo the best I could have a new pin sound shaker coming for it as well. The heart beats will be cool!!

BOP_WIP 14 (resized).jpgBOP_WIP 14 (resized).jpg
#1760 4 years ago

I made my own topic on this but am not getting much feedback nor do I know where to start. On my BOP, upon starting the game on Face 1, the helmet lights chase to off. On every other face, and on drains, the lights work as intended with their various patterns. The only one that seems to have trouble is face 1 on/off chase that is supposed to be continuous.

#1761 4 years ago

Wanted. BOP. Pinbot needs a mate. Located in St Louis area. Player condition or better. Thanks much Ken

#1762 4 years ago

Does anyone’s BoP ball sometime have trouble ejecting from the kick out into the shooter lane when one ball is locked in the optics faze. Seems like mine bounces off the side of the cabinet and goes right back in the eject hole. Takes a few tries sometimes to get it out. Noticed same thing on one at a bar so it must be something common. Is there any fix to this? It’s not really “broken” but is minorly annoying

#1763 4 years ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

Does anyone’s BoP ball sometime have trouble ejecting from the kick out into the shooter lane when one ball is locked in the optics faze. Seems like mine bounces off the side of the cabinet and goes right back in the eject hole. Takes a few tries sometimes to get it out. Noticed same thing on one at a bar so it must be something common. Is there any fix to this? It’s not really “broken” but is minorly annoying

Mine does the exact same thing all the time, does not matter what point in a game. It started right after I installed a new playfeild. I have tried bending the guide and even trying to pad out the metal peice the ball slams into in the shooter lane but it just bounces back down into the shooter mechanism.

#1764 4 years ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

I haven't tried this but it's just a thought. Perhaps try a small piece of the soft, felt half of some velcro stripping, the type that has a sticky backing. It might deaden the bounce enough that it won't make the ball rebound back into the trough?

#1765 4 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

My custom playfield is nearly ready, cant wait to get stuck in to it. I just had my local playfield restorer guru do some custom requests for me to my own liking and to tie in with my custom cab and playfield parts Im going to run with.
My helmet light cct card mod I bought seems to have died at the moment, need to investigate further.
I've pretty much finished my pin sound mix, added my own tunes and sound effects and cleaned up all of the vocals into stereo the best I could have a new pin sound shaker coming for it as well. The heart beats will be cool!![quoted image]

Wow that's gorgeous! I really love that black painted shooter lane. Please post a video of the game-play once it's done.

#1766 4 years ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

Had the same problem. There is a gate for balleject. Mine was broken, it's not very solid.

Check Williams Part No. 12-6542...

#1767 4 years ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

I bent my top guide towards the front slightly and it fixed the problem for me.

#1768 4 years ago

What’s ironic is after mentioning this. The “problem” seems to have gone away without doing anything.

#1769 4 years ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

What’s ironic is after mentioning this. The “problem” seems to have gone away without doing anything.

Just like taking your car to a mechanic.

1 month later
#1770 4 years ago

Today was a good day....no scratch that....it was a bloody AWESOME day
After more than 3 years in the bits and pieces wilderness my Bride came back home and after a solid 3 hours of playtime i can confirm that BOP is the shizz!!!
Just for the record it's most DEFINITELY purple, that's just my camera being a twat
Even Eddie from Iron Maiden joined in the fun

DSC04559 (resized).JPGDSC04559 (resized).JPGDSC04560 (resized).JPGDSC04560 (resized).JPGDSC04561 (resized).JPGDSC04561 (resized).JPGDSC04563 (resized).JPGDSC04563 (resized).JPGDSC04564 (resized).JPGDSC04564 (resized).JPGDSC04565 (resized).JPGDSC04565 (resized).JPGDSC04568 (resized).JPGDSC04568 (resized).JPGDSC04569 (resized).JPGDSC04569 (resized).JPGDSC04576 (resized).JPGDSC04576 (resized).JPGDSC04578 (resized).JPGDSC04578 (resized).JPGDSC04579 (resized).JPGDSC04579 (resized).JPGDSC04580 (resized).JPGDSC04580 (resized).JPGDSC04581 (resized).JPGDSC04581 (resized).JPGDSC04582 (resized).JPGDSC04582 (resized).JPGDSC04583 (resized).JPGDSC04583 (resized).JPGDSC04584 (resized).JPGDSC04584 (resized).JPG
#1772 4 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

After more than 3 years in the bits and pieces wilderness my Bride came back home and after a solid 3 hours of playtime i can confirm that BOP is the shizz!!!
Just for the record it's most DEFINITELY purple, that's just my camera being a twat
Even Eddie from Iron Maiden joined in the fun [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Aren't you going to take the clear film off the face ball guides ?

#1773 4 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Aren't you going to take the clear film off the face ball guides

Well spotted!!! I didn't even realise that there was a film on the top edge of those guides. Now it's been brought up i'm wondering if it wouldn't hurt for them to stay there? They don't really look out of place in the scheme of things and might even help to prevent that top edge from yellowing over time perhaps. Thoughts?

#1774 4 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Well spotted!!! I didn't even realise that there was a film on the top edge of those guides. Now it's been brought up i'm wondering if it wouldn't hurt for them to stay there? They don't really look out of place in the scheme of things and might even help to prevent that top edge from yellowing over time perhaps. Thoughts?

I pointed this out to someone in the past so your not the only one to overlook this.
I'm not even sure what made them yellow in the past but I doubt the film would help.
I failed to mention that your game looks very nice ! Love the proto type playfield!

#1775 4 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

I pointed this out to someone in the past so your not the only one to overlook this.
I'm not even sure what made them yellow in the past but I doubt the film would help.
I failed to mention that your game looks very nice ! Love the proto type playfield!

It definitely has a heart of gold

So nice

#1776 4 years ago

Anyone have a link to some nice instruction and free play cards? On the machine originally i had some of those backlit cards but i won't be using them now. Although they do look pretty good, they do create a slight hum when in use, from the small transformers that come with them i'm guessing. I've seen a few designs for cards but nothing has really grabbed me yet

#1777 4 years ago

I’m looking for the ramp stickers for both ramps. I have already contacted starship fantasy, unfortunately they cannot sell the stickers apart from the ramps due to licensing issues. Pm me if you have any for sale or have any leads, thanks

#1778 4 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Even Eddie from Iron Maiden joined in the fun [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

BEAUTIFUL just BEAUTIFUL Paul.

#1779 4 years ago

Lovely pin

#1780 4 years ago

I tweaked some cards from memory and can send you my files mancacve. Zoom in on pic.
I also have the ramp decal files I think athenspin as I'm not using the original ones in my custom restore.
Playfield swap is next on the list after I finish this one in the pic!!

20190210_081722 (resized).jpg20190210_081722 (resized).jpg20191109_162618 (resized).jpg20191109_162618 (resized).jpgWIP_BOP 5 (resized).jpgWIP_BOP 5 (resized).jpg
#1781 4 years ago

Added a couple of mods back on today. I had to repair the topper as it sustained some damage in storage unfortunately.
Thanks for the offer KJS but i can't print anything with my current printer at the moment my old one i could print an item to any size up to A4 but this new one has no options for doing your own sizing.... well not that i've found as yet.

DSC04586 (resized).JPGDSC04586 (resized).JPGDSC04587 (resized).JPGDSC04587 (resized).JPGDSC04589 (resized).JPGDSC04589 (resized).JPG
#1782 4 years ago

That is one gorgeous topper Mancave!

#1783 4 years ago
Quoted from nightsearcher:

That is one gorgeous topper Mancave!

Cheers, it's a Laseriffic topper and they still make these too. The chrome of the bride is reflecting some other colour, not normally blotchy like that with the patchy blues, etc.

#1784 4 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Cheers, it's a Laseriffic topper and they still make these too. The chrome of the bride is reflecting some other colour, not normally blotchy like that with the patchy blues, etc.

I have that one too, those things coming out of her head break off REAL easy.

#1785 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I have that one too, those things coming out of her head break off REAL easy.

That's exactly where it broke too Paul

#1787 4 years ago

I just joined the club yesterday. My buddy swapped in a new cpr playfield, new ramps. She is a beauty.

F1323392-63B4-4E07-864A-AB4F8A170E83 (resized).jpegF1323392-63B4-4E07-864A-AB4F8A170E83 (resized).jpeg
#1788 4 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

I just joined the club yesterday. My buddy swapped in a new cpr playfield, new ramps. She is a beauty.[quoted image]

Welcome to the club and with a new pf too.

#1789 4 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Added a couple of mods back on today. I had to repair the topper as it sustained some damage in storage unfortunately.
Thanks for the offer Jakusu but i can't print anything with my current printer at the moment my old one i could print an item to any size up to A4 but this new one has no options for doing your own sizing.... well not that i've found as yet.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Where did you get the faces for the coin door? Very cool!

#1790 4 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Where did you get the faces for the coin door? Very cool!

These were printed on photo paper and i swapped over the standard red coin reject/coin slot plastic with the clear plastic kit's from Pinball Life and also used purple LED'S (can never have too much purple plus it breaks the chrome of the door nicely)
I redid them again the other night to the full size that can be fitted into the reject button covers, finally sorted out how to work my printer program

DSC04591 (resized).JPGDSC04591 (resized).JPG
#1791 4 years ago

I am very sorry for asking this question as it had been asked many times before but never really answered. I am not concerned with L7 and L8 roms. My question is what are the differences between the other rom revisions? I have L4 currently. What changes in L5 and L6? Anyone have any idea?
20190916_131344 (resized).jpg20190916_131344 (resized).jpg

No idea why this preshop pic of my BOP is attached and can't figure out how to delete...lol.

#1792 4 years ago

Be keen to hear about the Rom changes as well....

Custom playfield back and ready for swap in, just have 2 projects in front of it!

20191119_192634 (resized).jpg20191119_192634 (resized).jpg
#1793 4 years ago

Well I have had this thing since saturday. I finally joined the billionaire club today.

C6867F1B-FA99-4F8A-AE7D-3D7F00D93A38 (resized).jpegC6867F1B-FA99-4F8A-AE7D-3D7F00D93A38 (resized).jpeg
#1794 4 years ago

Wow, that was fast getting into the billionaire club TronGuy. Guess I just suck at making lt ramp shots

#1795 4 years ago

I have only had my machine a week, so certainly I have not explored every part of this game.

Why are there 3 balls installed? Is a 3 ball multiball an option?

#1796 4 years ago
Quoted from nightsearcher:

Wow, that was fast getting into the billionaire club TronGuy. Guess I just suck at making lt ramp shots

Don't feel bad. I've had mine for about 20 years and still haven't done that. To be fair it sat unused half that time after moving.

I'm just at peace that I am better at fixing them than playing them?

#1797 4 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

I have only had my machine a week, so certainly I have not explored every part of this game.
Why are there 3 balls installed? Is a 3 ball multiball an option?

It’s for multiplayer. If a ball is locked in place for player one, player 2 still needs access to 2 balls

#1798 4 years ago

Hey everyone I have an issue that is driving me crazy. I had an intermittent 75K skill shot switch. It wouldn't always register with a ball but it would always register by hand. So I replaced it with a brand new switch. It worked great for several games. Now it won't work at all even by hand. Meter shows switch closing when actuated BUT game still shows open. Ideas?

#1799 4 years ago

Added some spinner decals, always disliked the prismatic plain decal on these. These look cool when spinning They aren't as 'fuzzy' as what the pics suggest, it's my damn camera playing up
DSC04620 (resized).JPGDSC04620 (resized).JPGDSC04621 (resized).JPGDSC04621 (resized).JPG

#1800 4 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Added some spinner decals, always disliked the prismatic plain decal on these. These look cool when spinning They aren't as 'fuzzy' as what the pics suggest, it's my damn camera playing up
[quoted image][quoted image]

Those look sharp Paul.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
There are 2,684 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 54.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-clubnon-20/page/36 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.