Topic Stats

• 1,769 posts
  • 158 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by RCA1
  • Topic is favorited by 71 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 630 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

BOP_WIP 14 (resized).jpg
BOPR2 (resized).jpg
BOPR1 (resized).jpg
15657091877713447650192677016386 (resized).jpg
20190813_110748 (resized).jpg
20190813_110732 (resized).jpg
20190728_152536 (resized).jpg
20190707_193051 (resized).jpg
20190705_144415 (resized).jpg
306FEB87-DB11-4E8F-96FE-2964C2460A2C (resized).jpeg
DF9FB419-1A2E-4A73-872F-FEED220068B2 (resized).jpeg
A63E971F-E287-4682-B1D5-3A064B36D45F (resized).jpeg
2B39D8C8-6865-48DC-8672-36618A21C3DC (resized).jpeg
5B2869B6-A77E-4AC9-B5C9-2A1B4480A64F (resized).jpeg
82AFE522-2BDF-4A7E-B5DB-E9D3B12E4B46 (resized).jpeg
F93C850B-C650-422B-909F-AAA4F3B9E923 (resized).jpeg

There are 1769 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 36.
#1751 70 days ago
Quoted from Marvin:

OK I thought the pic with art was after putting decals in after sanding off the existing art. That's why I was asking. As shown above that cab was not a decal but a screened piece. The german playfield is only a few years old. They are nice but can get some cracking on the inserts. It does not affect play, but it can be seen.

Sorry, I didn’t make it clear. Along with the game I purchased came a set of decals and a playfield. The person I bought it from was going to restore it but had other projects going on so I now have it. So the head restored does have the new decals on it. When I was sanding the head down, I noticed the purple showing under the gray.

Quoted from Mancave:

Do you intend to repaint the cab before applying the new decals? If so i would use a heat gun and scrape off the white vinyl layer back to bare wood (may need to use an orange based cleaner to remove the residue also) Then you can patch up any holes if needed and get a nice smooth finish before applying the decals.

I am going to repaint the cabinet inside and out, after I repair all the damage first of course. This will be the first time applying decals to a cabinet so I want to do the best job I can. The head decals went on well so I’m hoping for the best.

#1752 70 days ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Sorry, I didn’t make it clear. Along with the game I purchased came a set of decals and a playfield. The person I bought it from was going to restore it but had other projects going on so I now have it. So the head restored does have the new decals on it. When I was sanding the head down, I noticed the purple showing under the gray.

I am going to repaint the cabinet inside and out, after I repair all the damage first of course. This will be the first time applying decals to a cabinet so I want to do the best job I can. The head decals went on well so I’m hoping for the best.

Run your fingers on the new decal, if you feel texture its PPS next gens. be careful they scratch. Those look too purple to be those though. If they are smooth and super glossy they are the new german ones. But I don't think so. They might be the ones that pheonix or someone was doing. or the guy out of europe who was doing them w/o licensing. It don't really matter, it'll be better than a really bad cab was.

1 week later
#1753 61 days ago

Well it happened. I was playing last night with some friends and I made it to the billionaires club and the game did a reset. I remember reading about this somewhere with the L7 game rom that I have. I would like to see about going to L8 for the fix but want to know opinions if it is worth it. If I do want to go to L8, where can I get one?

1 week later
#1754 53 days ago
20190728_152536 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#1755 43 days ago

Starship Fantasy has the BOP helmet back in stock!

https://www.starship-fantasy.com/ramps/The-Machine-Bride-of-Pinbot-Helmit

Quoted from lrosent345:

The following parts are available again:

Partyzone robotic comic unpainted

Bride of Pinbot helmet

Terminator 2 skull unpainted

Getaway supercharger cover set.

#1756 37 days ago

If anyone needs a helmet let me know. This one has no cracks and is in great shape. It has a blemish on the right side which will not come off.

$40 plus shipping.

20190813_110732 (resized).jpg15657091877713447650192677016386 (resized).jpg20190813_110748 (resized).jpg
#1757 33 days ago

Just listed my BOP if anyone is interested

Archived after 25 days
Sold elsewhere
Machine - For Sale
Fully shopped/refurbished “Nice Bride of Pinbot. It has a brand new center ramp, new posts, LEDs, etc. Please review all pictures to determine condition. If you need more detailed pictures let me know. ...”
2019-08-09
Kearsley , MI
3,999 (Firm)

2 weeks later
#1758 14 days ago

It's getting so much closer, can't wait to play it again
BOPR1 (resized).jpgBOPR2 (resized).jpg

#1759 14 days ago

My custom playfield is nearly ready, cant wait to get stuck in to it. I just had my local playfield restorer guru do some custom requests for me to my own liking and to tie in with my custom cab and playfield parts Im going to run with.
My helmet light cct card mod I bought seems to have died at the moment, need to investigate further.
I've pretty much finished my pin sound mix, added my own tunes and sound effects and cleaned up all of the vocals into stereo the best I could have a new pin sound shaker coming for it as well. The heart beats will be cool!!

BOP_WIP 14 (resized).jpg
#1760 14 days ago

I made my own topic on this but am not getting much feedback nor do I know where to start. On my BOP, upon starting the game on Face 1, the helmet lights chase to off. On every other face, and on drains, the lights work as intended with their various patterns. The only one that seems to have trouble is face 1 on/off chase that is supposed to be continuous.

#1761 12 days ago

Wanted. BOP. Pinbot needs a mate. Located in St Louis area. Player condition or better. Thanks much Ken

#1762 8 days ago

Does anyone’s BoP ball sometime have trouble ejecting from the kick out into the shooter lane when one ball is locked in the optics faze. Seems like mine bounces off the side of the cabinet and goes right back in the eject hole. Takes a few tries sometimes to get it out. Noticed same thing on one at a bar so it must be something common. Is there any fix to this? It’s not really “broken” but is minorly annoying

#1763 7 days ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

Does anyone’s BoP ball sometime have trouble ejecting from the kick out into the shooter lane when one ball is locked in the optics faze. Seems like mine bounces off the side of the cabinet and goes right back in the eject hole. Takes a few tries sometimes to get it out. Noticed same thing on one at a bar so it must be something common. Is there any fix to this? It’s not really “broken” but is minorly annoying

Mine does the exact same thing all the time, does not matter what point in a game. It started right after I installed a new playfeild. I have tried bending the guide and even trying to pad out the metal peice the ball slams into in the shooter lane but it just bounces back down into the shooter mechanism.

#1764 7 days ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

I haven't tried this but it's just a thought. Perhaps try a small piece of the soft, felt half of some velcro stripping, the type that has a sticky backing. It might deaden the bounce enough that it won't make the ball rebound back into the trough?

#1765 7 days ago
Quoted from Jakusu:

My custom playfield is nearly ready, cant wait to get stuck in to it. I just had my local playfield restorer guru do some custom requests for me to my own liking and to tie in with my custom cab and playfield parts Im going to run with.
My helmet light cct card mod I bought seems to have died at the moment, need to investigate further.
I've pretty much finished my pin sound mix, added my own tunes and sound effects and cleaned up all of the vocals into stereo the best I could have a new pin sound shaker coming for it as well. The heart beats will be cool!![quoted image]

Wow that's gorgeous! I really love that black painted shooter lane. Please post a video of the game-play once it's done.

#1766 4 days ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

Had the same problem. There is a gate for balleject. Mine was broken, it's not very solid.

Check Williams Part No. 12-6542...

#1767 4 days ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

I bent my top guide towards the front slightly and it fixed the problem for me.

#1768 4 days ago

What’s ironic is after mentioning this. The “problem” seems to have gone away without doing anything.

#1769 4 days ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

What’s ironic is after mentioning this. The “problem” seems to have gone away without doing anything.

Just like taking your car to a mechanic.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
£ 55.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 9.99
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade
$ 399.95
There are 1769 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 36.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside