2 (resized).jpg
20230107_193858 (resized).jpg
BOP_pinbot_values (resized).png
DSC06303 (resized).JPG
DSC06302 (resized).JPG
DSC06301 (resized).JPG
CE093284-D2E7-434C-94F7-231E5F890FC5 (resized).jpeg
20230730_133932 (resized).jpg
There are 2,688 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 54.
#1651 5 years ago

All,

Bride of Pinbot has a big place in our hearts at Circus Maximus since it was a Python game. I was also part of the team that released the shirt of the Bride at 75 that Python drew at a party here in Atlanta long ago. We may make some more of the Bride at 75 shirts at some point.

In that vein, we've been able to get some Bride of Pinbot enamel pins made. If you are interested we will have them at TPF next month, but you can also order them from our website here: https://store.circusmaximusgames.com/collections/lapel-pins/products/bride-of-pinbot-enamel-pin

We also have Kingpin and Wizard Blocks pins and a bunch of others if you are looking for something else to add to your package.

Paul

BOP-Pin-sm2 (resized).pngBOP-Pin-sm2 (resized).png
#1652 5 years ago

I wonder if this video had anything to do with the creation/character of the bride as the resemblance is uncanny.

A superbowl commercial from 1985.

#1653 5 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

I wonder if this video had anything to do with the creation/character of the bride as the resemblance is uncanny.

A superbowl commercial from 1985.

That’s amazing!!!

#1654 5 years ago

Pinsound mix up and running. I'll try and get a YouTube clip going this weekend.

Cab restore done, still alot of things to finish off like new playfield, custom plastics, custom apron etc.

So far, custom decals, chrome and polished trim, 3d translite, speakers and pinsound, door and start button upgrades, custom speaker panel and led display and the all important nipple reduction!

20190123_060809 (resized).jpg20190123_060809 (resized).jpg20190126_145805 (resized).jpg20190126_145805 (resized).jpg1548650099003 (resized).jpg1548650099003 (resized).jpg1548649927239 (resized).jpg1548649927239 (resized).jpg20190210_081722 (resized).jpg20190210_081722 (resized).jpg20190210_081839 (resized).jpg20190210_081839 (resized).jpg20190210_081804 (resized).jpg20190210_081804 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#1655 5 years ago

Great machine, I am restoring mine at this moment in a blue theme just like yours. Also got the black decals for the cabinet and head, those will be applied soon. I also added blue post on the mini playfield.

Some progress:

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg
#1656 5 years ago

First, in the middle of restoration, and need decent set of plastics for slings. Have a couple of sets, but both are broken on upper post holes. If you have a set for sale, please let me know. Second, on Jakusu's game shown above, where do you get the stainless steel plastic replacements located right next to the flippers? That game looks great, by the way. Lastly, that video of the canned food absolutely had to be the source for our gal . . . cmon, the tomato in the can even looks like the Williams apple. thanks.

#1657 5 years ago

New progress from last weekend.

11 (resized).jpg11 (resized).jpg12 (resized).jpg12 (resized).jpg13 (resized).jpg13 (resized).jpg14 (resized).jpg14 (resized).jpg15 (resized).jpg15 (resized).jpg
#1658 5 years ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

New progress from last weekend.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's lookin sweet.

1 week later
#1659 5 years ago

Progress. Playfield is done. I am a great believer of tidy work so I zip-tied the hell out of it.

bop1 (resized).jpgbop1 (resized).jpgbop2 (resized).jpgbop2 (resized).jpgbop3 (resized).jpgbop3 (resized).jpg
#1660 5 years ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

Progress. Playfield is done. I am a great believer of tidy work so I zip-tied the hell out of it.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Better then new.

#1661 5 years ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

Looking great.

2 weeks later
#1662 5 years ago

Movement at the station....... getting excited to have the old girl back together

BOP1 (resized).jpgBOP1 (resized).jpgBOP2 (resized).jpgBOP2 (resized).jpgBOP3 (resized).jpgBOP3 (resized).jpgBOP4 (resized).jpgBOP4 (resized).jpg
#1663 5 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Movement at the station....... getting excited to have the old girl back together [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Proto type playfield.

#1664 5 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Movement at the station....... getting excited to have the old girl back together [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great Paul.

#1665 5 years ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

"Zip-tied the hell out of it"

Never can have enough zip ties. Awesome work mate.

#1666 5 years ago

Cheers Paul I'm really looking forward to playing Bride again as it's been over 2 years in pieces now. The PF swap/rebuild is being done by someone else whom i know does fantastic work. Apart from the fact i just didn't want to try my first ever full blown PF rebuild on this machine i just haven't had the spare time to do a major job like this (also still don't have a rotisserie) As you know i still have a Getaway mod that i still haven't completed I really need to quit my bad habit of kicking off new projects until i have completed all the outstanding others.

#1667 5 years ago

Did anyone see the fine art $600 reproduction Bride sculpture at TPF? Did anyone buy it?

#1668 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Did anyone see the fine art $600 reproduction Bride sculpture at TPF? Did anyone buy it?

Someone was telling me about it, but we were so busy in our booth I never had a chance to walk around and check it out. Does anyone have any photos of it?

#1669 5 years ago

I meant to go back and take a pic but never got the chance, the wife saw a machine for sale and she had to have it, so I spent my spare time getting shipping lined up and payments made. TPF is way more fun when your are not solving first world problems while playing pinball, but when you see a rarer title these days, you don’t prevaricate about the bush, you drop what you are doing and get it done. There is always more time for pinball later.

#1670 5 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

I like those black assemblies. Good thinking!

#1671 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I meant to go back and take a pic but never got the chance, the wife saw a machine for sale and she had to have it, so I spent my spare time getting shipping lined up and payments made. TPF is way more fun when your are not solving first world problems while playing pinball, but when you see a rarer title these days, you don’t prevaricate about the bush, you drop what you are doing and get it done. There is always more time for pinball later.

What did the wife buy?

#1672 5 years ago

Hi all. Chasing an apron if anyone has a spare post to Usa. Thankyou.

#1673 5 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

What did the wife buy?

South Park. We have FGy so we are collecting farting pinball machines. Know any others?

#1674 5 years ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

I like those black assemblies. Good thinking!

Cheers It wasn't my idea that but i do think it's a good one and being powder coated i had the choice of any colour.

#1675 5 years ago

Had some time last weekend to finish the head. I had to recreate 5 of the 8 corners (standard work on a complete overhaul), tumbled and cleaned all parts and spraypainted where needed. The head has been painted black with some semi-gloss and decals have been put on. I love the black decals!

BOPKK001 (resized).jpgBOPKK001 (resized).jpgBOPKK002 (resized).jpgBOPKK002 (resized).jpgBOPKK003 (resized).jpgBOPKK003 (resized).jpg
#1676 5 years ago

Hi all, I’d love to join. I’ve had her around 15 years now and she’s definitely a keeper, even though she’s my least tidy machine (pun intended ). I’ve just set my tables back up and she still plays well even though the flippers need a rebuild. Like many I’ve read about in this thread, the mylar has bubbled in a few places, so eventually I may be brave enough to try and remove it. Will post more pics soon.

2EE832AF-B866-4729-A042-8D3B6C57518B (resized).jpeg2EE832AF-B866-4729-A042-8D3B6C57518B (resized).jpeg
#1677 5 years ago
Quoted from thetallman:

Hi all, I’d love to join. I’ve had her around 15 years now and she’s definitely a keeper, even though she’s my least tidy machine (pun intended ). I’ve just set my tables back up and she still plays well even though the flippers need a rebuild. Like many I’ve read about in this thread, the mylar has bubbled in a few places, so eventually I may be brave enough to try and remove it. Will post more pics soon.
[quoted image]

If you have bubbling over the inserts that means the glue has hardened and when you remover the mylar that will be a bitch to get off and when you do it will take the printing too. Good luck

#1678 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

If you have bubbling over the inserts that means the glue has hardened and when you remover the mylar that will be a bitch to get off and when you do it will take the printing too. Good luck

if you are careful you can keep the insert text after removing hardened glue. just gotta be patient.

#1679 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

if you are careful you can keep the insert text after removing hardened glue. just gotta be patient.

I don't see how. The hardened glue is a mound on top of the printing. I've tried.

#1680 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I don't see how. The hardened glue is a mound on top of the printing. I've tried.

So have I, multiple times, successfully.

#1681 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

So have I, multiple times, successfully.

me too, even on my Fire! this went very well (allthough I got lucky I guess). When removing the mylar it's best to use freeze spray. In my experience even the inserts are the most easy spots to remove the mylar because the mylar allready came loose from the insert.

Pics on my fire: http://www.flipperforum.be/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7569

#1682 5 years ago

A couple more progress pics.

BOP5 (resized).jpgBOP5 (resized).jpgBOP6 (resized).jpgBOP6 (resized).jpgBOP7 (resized).jpgBOP7 (resized).jpg
#1683 5 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

A couple more progress pics.

That helmet is oh so cool!

Did you get a street artist to do that ?

#1684 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

That helmet is oh so cool!

Did you get a street artist to do that ?

I had it hydro coated a year or so back. You can choose a heap of different patterns/designs. This one in particular was called Galaxies from memory, was either this or the one called Pink Lightning but i thought this one fitted the machine better.

3 weeks later
#1685 4 years ago

Getting much closer now A lot of the parts for the rebuild i had accumulated over a 2 year period and certain ideas i had (the helmet hydro coating, purple flashers and rubbers, etc) were just a mental picture of what i thought may look cool once all together. I'm really pleased how this is looking, it's quite close to how i imagined it would be. Can't wait to play my Bride again!!

BOP10 (resized).jpgBOP10 (resized).jpgBOP12 (resized).jpgBOP12 (resized).jpgBOP13 (resized).jpgBOP13 (resized).jpgBOP8 (resized).jpgBOP8 (resized).jpgBOP9 (resized).jpgBOP9 (resized).jpg
#1686 4 years ago

That's REALLY looking great Paul. I gotta start on mine one of these days.

#1687 4 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Getting much closer now A lot of the parts for the rebuild i had accumulated over a 2 year period and certain ideas i had (the helmet hydro coating, purple flashers and rubbers, etc) were just a mental picture of what i thought may look cool once all together. I'm really pleased how this is looking, it's quite close to how i imagined it would be. Can't wait to play my Bride again!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow!

#1688 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I gotta start on mine one of these days.

Get stuck in mate!! No time like the present as they say

#1689 4 years ago

@Mancave, Incredible work! That game will be much better than new. That helmet is out of this world. Someone should reproduce it. I assume you've thought about the 2.0 upgrade for this game?

#1690 4 years ago
Quoted from dpannell:

Incredible work! That game will be much better than new. That helmet is out of this world. Someone should reproduce it. I assume you've thought about the 2.0 upgrade for this game?

Cheers, but i can't take credit for the work itself that's being done for me by someone i trust to do an awesome job. Anyone could get their helmet done like i have, i would presume that any hydro coating business would have access to or have in stock that particular pattern (checked up and it's called Galaxy). I'm actually not that keen on the 2.0 version, much rather keep this machine the regular version. Whilst talking about regular i LOVE purple so although the black cab decals do look cool it's NOT for me
For those that are interested, this will provide a basic idea of the process.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrographics_(printing)
My helmet was also coated in a clear to seal in the design permanently which i believe is a standard thing to do also.

#1691 4 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Get stuck in mate!! No time like the present as they say

It's the $$$$ I'd have to spend and right now that money is bring spent on my Mustang. The Mustang is WAY more important.

1 week later
#1692 4 years ago

Okay, started the work on my cab, I used the heatgun to remove the decals. Right side went so fast, like 10 to 15 minutes to remove the whole decal. The front decal and the left side was a whole different cup of tea, got me thinking that the right side wasn't the original decal. Right side wasn't faded as much as the left and front. But it turns out left and front has waaaaaay less glue recidu and that leftover glue was very easy to sand down. Another thing I noticed is the print that is left on the wood (see 3rd picture), this is very distinct and still visible after sanding. Can this be caused by UV light which is causing some kind of reaction of the glue and the wood on some level?

Anyway, I made a mistake when bondo-ing the front, can anyone find my mistake?

bop11 (resized).jpgbop11 (resized).jpgbop12 (resized).jpgbop12 (resized).jpgbop13 (resized).jpgbop13 (resized).jpgbop14 (resized).jpgbop14 (resized).jpgbop15 (resized).jpgbop15 (resized).jpg
#1693 4 years ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

Okay, started the work on my cab, I used the heatgun to remove the decals. Right side went so fast, like 10 to 15 minutes to remove the whole decal. The front decal and the left side was a whole different cup of tea, got me thinking that the right side wasn't the original decal. Right side wasn't faded as much as the left and front. But it turns out left and front has waaaaaay less glue recidu and that leftover glue was very easy to sand down. Another thing I noticed is the print that is left on the wood (see 3rd picture), this is very distinct and still visible after sanding. Can this be caused by UV light which is causing some kind of reaction of the glue and the wood on some level?

I've not seen that before, having the image of the bride imprinted in the wood i didn't have that on my cab that's for sure. I found a good citrus based liquid like orange power plus a paint scraper helped remove the glue residue on my cab. Hmmm did you bog up the coin door bolt hole on the left hand side?

#1694 4 years ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

Closed the coin door hole instead of the lock bar one. Ooops. Nothing a drill bit won't fix.

#1695 4 years ago

The image being present is common. There were no "original decals" these were directly screened on the wood. Some games, I don't remember when, had a white layer applied to the wood and the screening was done on that. but they were not decals.

#1696 4 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

but they were not decals.

That’s funny, the decal on my original Bride cabinet has wrinkles under the legs, so how do you explain that? These things were decaled, they were just not like the current, thick vinyl ones, as far as I can tell, but there is some kind of thin “film like”, purple colored, and wrinkled decal on my cabinet. I have personally had to cover the wrinkled, lifting decal edge over with clear packing tape to hold it down while I screwed in the leg bolts on over top of the peeling decal, and this back in the mid nineties when I purchased her off an operator at an auction when she was still in decent shape.

#1697 4 years ago

Mine sure had decals on the cab, crinkled up like a vinyl decal from the application of a heat gun in the removal process, and had the typical head sides that were almost a blue colour from fading. Not sure how else you can explain the left over glue residue!

#1698 4 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

That’s funny, the decal on my original Bride cabinet has wrinkles under the legs, so how do you explain that? These things were decaled, they were just not like the current, thick vinyl ones, as far as I can tell, but there is some kind of thin “film like”, purple colored, and wrinkled decal on my cabinet. I have personally had to cover the wrinkled, lifting decal edge over with clear packing tape to hold it down while I screwed in the leg bolts on over top of the peeling decal, and this back in the mid nineties when I purchased her off an operator at an auction when she was still in decent shape.

Nope, no decals at the factory level. If yours are actual decals they are replacements. Lots of people think they have decals when they see the white layer but that's a vinyl layer bonded to the wood when the cabinets were built to act as a substrate for the screening. over the last 28 years could it get pushed by loose legs, sure. Still not a decal though.

#1699 4 years ago

Doesn’t matter to me in the long run since I’m not going to re-decal my cabinet anytime soon. I didn’t buy her to look at the cabinet art anyways...

#1700 4 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Doesn’t matter to me in the long run since I’m not going to re-decal my cabinet anytime soon. I didn’t buy her to look at the cabinet art anyways...

Good, play your games, don't just look at them. A lot of people here don't seem to understand that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Firestone, CO
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 9.95
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
$ 27.95
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,688 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 54.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-clubnon-20/page/34?hl=mrwol64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.