2 (resized).jpg
20230107_193858 (resized).jpg
BOP_pinbot_values (resized).png
DSC06303 (resized).JPG
DSC06302 (resized).JPG
DSC06301 (resized).JPG
CE093284-D2E7-434C-94F7-231E5F890FC5 (resized).jpeg
20230730_133932 (resized).jpg
There are 2,688 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 54.
#1602 5 years ago

I have the 4 piece face set that's in ok condition that I'm selling for $75 and I'll be placing in the marketplace.

#1603 5 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I have the 4 piece face set that's in ok condition that I'm selling for $75 and I'll be placing in the marketplace.

To the person who buys this, I'll buy your worst face from your old set. I want to hang up my old BOP playfield, and I figure I would stick a face in it. The original playfield is in terrible shape, so the face doesn't have to be nice.

#1604 5 years ago

Drat,.. playing my BOP today and the lower display went odd,.. character displays wrong,.. ran the display test, and it looks like the top right vertical segment is not displaying on the lower row.

Any ideas,.. all of them not displaying doesn't feel like the display hardware is failing,.. but I'm not much at this kind of thing. I reseated the display connectors a few times, including the one to the power board.

They are original plasma displays.Don't want to go getting an LED replacement display if it isn't really necessary

BOPSegmentsOut (resized).jpgBOPSegmentsOut (resized).jpg
1 month later
#1605 5 years ago
Quoted from mrWol64:

Drat,.. playing my BOP today and the lower display went odd,.. character displays wrong,.. ran the display test, and it looks like the top right vertical segment is not displaying on the lower row.
Any ideas,.. all of them not displaying doesn't feel like the display hardware is failing,.. but I'm not much at this kind of thing. I reseated the display connectors a few times, including the one to the power board.
They are original plasma displays.Don't want to go getting an LED replacement display if it isn't really necessary
[quoted image]

Similar thing happened to mine where a segment along an entire row got stuck in the "on" position. After swapping parts around with another machine I narrowed down to the display driver assembly (2nd board attached to the back of the display). Unfortunately further research and testing pointed to one of the ICs like UDN-7180 or UDN-6118.

Once I got that far I ended up swapping the whole unit for a LED due to cost / troubleshooting time, but if you want to keep that original display going I would check those two chips since they control the digits and segments on the plasma display.

#1606 5 years ago
Quoted from VideoRyan:

Similar thing happened to mine where a segment along an entire row got stuck in the "on" position. After swapping parts around with another machine I narrowed down to the display driver assembly (2nd board attached to the back of the display). Unfortunately further research and testing pointed to one of the ICs like UDN-7180 or UDN-6118.
Once I got that far I ended up swapping the whole unit for a LED due to cost / troubleshooting time, but if you want to keep that original display going I would check those two chips since they control the digits and segments on the plasma display.

Well,.. my problem turned out to be broken hardware,.. circled in the pic are the 4 broken connectors- time finally caught up and the related segments getting no info,.. replaced with an XPIN LED display and ive gone blue/red while I can. Silver lining to suck of a problem

9CFA18C6-D004-424B-87B3-D47565B3F680 (resized).jpeg9CFA18C6-D004-424B-87B3-D47565B3F680 (resized).jpegEA704531-BDBE-4342-BCB8-E40C4E849ADE (resized).jpegEA704531-BDBE-4342-BCB8-E40C4E849ADE (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#1607 5 years ago

Price for Bride of Pinbot 9/2018? It appears to have alphanumeric issues. Any help is appreciated!

#1608 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinsterwmass:

Price for Bride of Pinbot 9/2018? It appears to have alphanumeric issues. Any help is appreciated!

Depends on the condition.

#1609 5 years ago

If it’s in decent shape but has alphanumeric issues?

2 months later
#1611 5 years ago

Just installed @pellew's drop-in replacement for the helmet control board. This introduces PWM fade for LED lights on the helmet. It's pretty amazing. Here's a video:

Here are a couple installation photos:

IMG_3605 (resized).JPGIMG_3605 (resized).JPG

IMG_3609 (resized).JPGIMG_3609 (resized).JPG

Here is a link to his thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-helmet-control-for-use-with-leds

1 week later
#1612 5 years ago

Selling some BoP items on ebay. Take a look!

ebay.com link: 0

ebay.com link: 0

#1613 5 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

Selling some BoP items on ebay. Take a look!
ebay.com link
ebay.com link

missed out again ... that looked to be a new helmet? and it only sold for 63 dollars .... WOW

#1614 5 years ago
Quoted from Les73gtx:

missed out again ... that looked to be a new helmet? and it only sold for 63 dollars .... WOW

It had a crack in it and no decal but still a good price.

#1615 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

It had a crack in it and no decal but still a good price.

Hey guys, yep somebody in Netherlands got it but paid shipping too so that helped... I still have the lock pin for sale if anyone needs that... Boy I miss my BoP...

#1616 5 years ago

Got my helmet board today, now I just have to find time to put it in. Thanks pellew.

#1617 5 years ago

Sorry if this has been asked, but what does the light just above the right side of her face indicate. On my machine it's green.

#1618 5 years ago
Quoted from janus:

Sorry if this has been asked, but what does the light just above the right side of her face indicate. On my machine it's green.

I believe it's to indicate that the entrance to the mini playfield is open.

1 month later
#1619 5 years ago

Hi all
Just redoing the original sounds for Bop for pinsound - big job!

I've basically cleaned noise and levels and converted all sfx, jingle and music tracks to stereo and now on the vocals.
Unfortunately cleaning them up is not so easy and I was wondering if any one has any links to better quality files etc at all for the vocals?

Cheers
Kurt

#1620 5 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Hi all
Just redoing the original sounds for Bop for pinsound - big job!
I've basically cleaned noise and levels and converted all sfx, jingle and music tracks to stereo and now on the vocals.
Unfortunately cleaning them up is not so easy and I was wondering if any one has any links to better quality files etc at all for the vocals?
Cheers
Kurt

Wow that's really a cool project, keep us informed.

#1621 5 years ago

I'm in like Flynn! $500 pick up and it works!

20190113_095152 (resized).jpg20190113_095152 (resized).jpg20190113_115243 (resized).jpg20190113_115243 (resized).jpg
#1622 5 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

I'm in like Flynn! $500 pick up and it works!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Now that's a score. But that pf is gonna need a lot of love or is that just scratched up glass. Have at it.

#1623 5 years ago

The glass is so scratched...worst I have ever had personally. The mylar is still there and in pretty good shape. The playfield is just really really dirty.

#1624 5 years ago

The glass is so scratched...worst I have ever had personally. The mylar is still there and in pretty good shape. The playfield is just really really dirty.

I see, any bubbling of the mylar over the inserts?

#1625 5 years ago

There is maybe just the tiniest hint of some super small bubbling in a couple spots. Nothing I am going to worry about. It's not uneven or anything.

#1626 5 years ago

That is an amazing find, crujones.

#1627 5 years ago

There is maybe just the tiniest hint of some super small bubbling in a couple spots. Nothing I am going to worry about. It's not uneven or anything.

Dang your lucky, when the glue of the mylar over the inserts dries the bubbles get worse and if you take the mylar off that glue will be hard as a rock and you can't get it off. Change the bulbs to leds ASAP.

#1628 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Dang your lucky, when the glue of the mylar over the inserts dries the bubbles get worse and if you take the mylar off that glue will be hard as a rock and you can't get it off. Change the bulbs to leds ASAP.

Thanks for the tip! This game would look great with LEDs...all white of course.

#1629 5 years ago

Thanks for the tip! This game would look great with LEDs...all white of course.

Clean the inserts from the underside with Purple Power or something like that till the Q tip comes away clean then use Comet regular 2 smd white clear dome leds and you inserts will look fantastic and even sparkle like a new Stern game. Then get the OCD board for it.

#1630 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Wow that's really a cool project, keep us informed.

No luck with files from anyone so went ahead and cleaned up all of the callouts as best as possible.
So (about 50 hours later!) all original sounds tweaked with a couple of minor additions and changes
Machine going back together at the moment so should have it up and running in the next week or two.

#1631 5 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

No luck with files from anyone so went ahead and cleaned up all of the callouts as best as possible.
So (about 50 hours later!) all original sounds tweaked with a couple of minor additions and changes
Machine going back together at the moment so should have it up and running in the next week or two.

That would be interesting to see and hear what you did.

1 week later
#1632 5 years ago

Tray for sale

SOLD!
Parts - For Sale
Used, good condition - “Selling a Bride of Pinbot under the face tray. Price includes priority shipping in the US.”
2019-01-21
Lodi, CA
100 (OBO)
Archived after: 1 day
Viewed: 82 times

#1633 5 years ago

Coming to the end of my BOP 1.1 restore.

Wondering if anyone can help with one of the changes I want on this part.

I'm doing a custom speaker panel. Would prefer to light each face as it is achieved but there are no corresponding Lamps for this I believe to piggy back.
Any ideas on this? The basic GI lit all the time 4 faces is pretty lame.

Cheers !

#1634 5 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Would prefer to light each face as it is achieved but there are no corresponding Lamps for this I believe to piggy back.
Any ideas on this? The basic GI lit all the time 4 faces is pretty lame.

This is a good idea. Should have been set up this way from the factory. If you figure it out, please post how.

1 week later
#1635 5 years ago

@Jaksu I know this is a non BOP 2.0 club, but I have both an original and a 2.0. This question is about a 2.0 issue.... So the sound of my original BOP is fantastic. When you select the original Williams version game on the 2.0 platform, the sound is crappy and staticky. I have read that it has to do with a BIT conversion? After reading some recent posts here regarding redoing the sound, I am curious if anyone can redo the sound of the original game in the 2.0 platform ? The Dutch pinball sound is great but it’s a real disappointment when you switch over to the old game.

And for those wondering why I have 2 BOPs, they are in different homes. This is my all time favorite pin. So I keep just one pin in a mountain cabin and it’s my older BOP.

#1636 5 years ago
Quoted from Apollon:

@Jaksu I know this is a non BOP 2.0 club, but I have both an original and a 2.0. This question is about a 2.0 issue.... So the sound of my original BOP is fantastic. When you select the original Williams version game on the 2.0 platform, the sound is crappy and staticky. I have read that it has to do with a BIT conversion? After reading some recent posts here regarding redoing the sound, I am curious if anyone can redo the sound of the original game in the 2.0 platform ? The Dutch pinball sound is great but it’s a real disappointment when you switch over to the old game.
And for those wondering why I have 2 BOPs, they are in different homes. This is my all time favorite pin. So I keep just one pin in a mountain cabin and it’s my older BOP.

I heard a while back that someone manually updated pinmame and the samples it uses for BOP 1.0 in BOP 2.0. I haven't been able to find the info on this though. Good luck on your search. The 1.0 sample qualities is what keeps me away from BOP 2.0.

#1637 5 years ago
Quoted from Apollon:

Snux can fix it, but needs Dutch Pinball's blessing and assistance to release it...so given their situation...it will likely never see the light of day. I agree it sucks that it sounds pretty bad.

#1638 5 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

snux can fix it, but needs Dutch Pinball's blessing and assistance to release it...so given their situation...it will likely never see the light of day. I agree it sucks that it sounds pretty bad.

I have the 2.0 kit and never installed it just because of this

Get off it DP! Let the fix progress

#1639 5 years ago

"Long time, no post" but I see much of the gang is still around (especially Paul!). Wish I was coming to you under better circumstances but I've run into something I've never seen before. Machine has been great for over a year with light use but this has been happening randomly. Detailed info in description. Any input appreciated!

#1640 5 years ago

Have you tried re-seating the sound rom chip/s?

#1641 5 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

And when you do that look for any corrosion.

#1642 5 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Sounds like a great place to start, thanks! Been a while since I looked at the chip charts but I seem to recall there were two or three MUSIC/SPEECH chips in the upper corner. I'll check those out and report back. Thanks Mancave and MustangPaul.

#1643 5 years ago

Good news, they weren't corroded. Bad news, this one flew off the board when using the chip puller and shattered on the floor! I have never had to source any electronics/chips for my BoP, how screwed am I here? Some research found a chip set on Ebay for $28 but she has them listed as L-1 instead of SL-1s. Would those work? Perhaps a better source in the US?

Broken BoP Music Chip 2019 (resized).jpgBroken BoP Music Chip 2019 (resized).jpg

Edit, it just gets better. The chip that flew off managed to chip my brand new glass too. Sheesh, what a fiasco!

BoP Glass Chip (resized).jpgBoP Glass Chip (resized).jpg

#1644 5 years ago

Arrggghhhhh..shit man i feel bad for suggesting it now seemed the most likely thing to check first though.
There is possibly other places to get hold of the sound rom set but these guys do have them, need to choose your machine from the drop down list i think.
https://ksarcade.net/bally-williams-wpc-sound-a-12738-eprom-set.html

#1645 5 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Arrggghhhhh..shit man i feel bad for suggesting it now seemed the most likely thing to check first though.
There is possibly other places to get hold of the sound rom set but these guys do have them, need to choose your machine from the drop down list i think.
https://ksarcade.net/bally-williams-wpc-sound-a-12738-eprom-set.html

Oh no worries, I should have realized these might go flying out having been in there so long. I'm usually pretty anal about putting down towels and such whenever I open the top but it was midnight and I was being impatient thinking it'd be a quick fix. Still very much appreciate the suggestion!

I'm glad there seems to be replacements out there, I figured there should be given chips aren't the most complex things to duplicate. Thanks for the link, I'll keep it as a backup if the pics from the Ebay seller aren't dead-on matches.

Regarding the chip, any recommendations on that? Looks like something a windshield repair kit might hide but I'm not sure if those work on tempered glass. Might try the old clear nail polish trick. If there's any risk of it shattering though maybe I should just replace it.

#1646 5 years ago

Hello BOP owners

when I first got my game I wanted to add the classic shuttle-model to the shuttle-ramp, I tried many but non quite looked right so I built my own!
every shot up the shuttle ramp triggers the 'engines to ignite and power down'.
I have maybe a dozen available for sale. Fully built and tested with install instructions. Involves mounting its controller board under the playfield and connections to GI for its power and the flasher lamp to trigger it

have a look here for short youtube video

if you want to purchase they are available at my website and of course here in my Pinside shop
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1059-pinballtoys/00626-bride-of-pinbot-space-shuttle-mod

any questions please ask
Cheers Bob

shuttle (resized).jpgshuttle (resized).jpg
#1647 5 years ago

If there is any interest in a restored Bop with new playfield, complete cab restoration etc etc. Feel free to contact me. Game is beautiful.asking 5200

#1648 5 years ago
Quoted from Morydees:

Good news, they weren't corroded. Bad news, this one flew off the board when using the chip puller and shattered on the floor! I have never had to source any electronics/chips for my BoP, how screwed am I here?

If you have someone in your area with access to an EPROM programmer and chips it isn't hard to make a replacement. Images are available at ipdb.org for your game. Just plug in the new chip. Not hard at all.

In all my years of working on early computers and games I have never seen an EPROM break like that. That is a new one!

#1649 5 years ago
Quoted from Morydees:

Good news, they weren't corroded. Bad news, this one flew off the board when using the chip puller and shattered on the floor! I have never had to source any electronics/chips for my BoP, how screwed am I here? Some research found a chip set on Ebay for $28 but she has them listed as L-1 instead of SL-1s. Would those work? Perhaps a better source in the US?
[quoted image]
Edit, it just gets better. The chip that flew off managed to chip my brand new glass too. Sheesh, what a fiasco!
[quoted image]

Oh man there's always something. Sorry to see that and the chip on the glass.

#1650 5 years ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

If you have someone in your area with access to an EPROM programmer and chips it isn't hard to make a replacement. Images are available at ipdb.org for your game. Just plug in the new chip. Not hard at all.
In all my years of working on early computers and games I have never seen an EPROM break like that. That is a new one!

I do have a guy down in San Diego with one, that's not a bad idea. Though for $30 to have a backup set isn't too shabby either, nice that I have some options! Same here about the chip, never seen one do that. It sort of bounced off my glass and hit my hard tile floor with the weirdest sound. Who knows, maybe that was the sound culprit all along

Quoted from MustangPaul:

Oh man there's always something. Sorry to see that and the chip on the glass.

Haha yeah, that's life I suppose. To be fair, the machine has been a dream the last few years so if this is my biggest issue I can't really complain. I just hope the sucker doesn't randomly shatter some day being dinged tempered glass.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
$ 9.95
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 27.95
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 9.99
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Albany, NY
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

3,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Firestone, CO
There are 2,688 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 54.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-clubnon-20/page/33?hl=pinsterwmass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.