Topic Stats

• 1,634 posts
  • 143 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by RCA1
  • Topic is favorited by 60 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 554 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190113_115243 (resized).jpg
20190113_095152 (resized).jpg
IMG_3605 (resized).JPG
IMG_3609 (resized).JPG
EA704531-BDBE-4342-BCB8-E40C4E849ADE (resized).jpeg
9CFA18C6-D004-424B-87B3-D47565B3F680 (resized).jpeg
BOPSegmentsOut (resized).jpg
1528429229674283860521 (resized).jpg
IMG_3478 (resized).jpg
Helmet (resized).jpg
FEC4F611-3B36-4F80-9B9F-29F5158E5691 (resized).jpeg
06D38A21-49E0-463D-8BE7-0367C36842E3 (resized).jpeg
249A4823-979B-42B4-A984-32333C2C2F37 (resized).jpeg
08321432-D513-4298-BA26-8F78F1BA4114 (resized).jpeg
180CFF2D-6140-4020-96CE-999A60E6528B (resized).jpeg
0F41CC11-3D6F-4EF6-A6D4-DC8FF36B4482 (resized).jpeg

There are 1634 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 33.
#1602 6 months ago

I have the 4 piece face set that's in ok condition that I'm selling for $75 and I'll be placing in the marketplace.

#1603 6 months ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I have the 4 piece face set that's in ok condition that I'm selling for $75 and I'll be placing in the marketplace.

To the person who buys this, I'll buy your worst face from your old set. I want to hang up my old BOP playfield, and I figure I would stick a face in it. The original playfield is in terrible shape, so the face doesn't have to be nice.

#1604 6 months ago

Drat,.. playing my BOP today and the lower display went odd,.. character displays wrong,.. ran the display test, and it looks like the top right vertical segment is not displaying on the lower row.

Any ideas,.. all of them not displaying doesn't feel like the display hardware is failing,.. but I'm not much at this kind of thing. I reseated the display connectors a few times, including the one to the power board.

They are original plasma displays.Don't want to go getting an LED replacement display if it isn't really necessary

BOPSegmentsOut (resized).jpg
1 month later
#1605 4 months ago
Quoted from mrWol64:

Drat,.. playing my BOP today and the lower display went odd,.. character displays wrong,.. ran the display test, and it looks like the top right vertical segment is not displaying on the lower row.
Any ideas,.. all of them not displaying doesn't feel like the display hardware is failing,.. but I'm not much at this kind of thing. I reseated the display connectors a few times, including the one to the power board.
They are original plasma displays.Don't want to go getting an LED replacement display if it isn't really necessary
[quoted image]

Similar thing happened to mine where a segment along an entire row got stuck in the "on" position. After swapping parts around with another machine I narrowed down to the display driver assembly (2nd board attached to the back of the display). Unfortunately further research and testing pointed to one of the ICs like UDN-7180 or UDN-6118.

Once I got that far I ended up swapping the whole unit for a LED due to cost / troubleshooting time, but if you want to keep that original display going I would check those two chips since they control the digits and segments on the plasma display.

#1606 4 months ago
Quoted from VideoRyan:

Similar thing happened to mine where a segment along an entire row got stuck in the "on" position. After swapping parts around with another machine I narrowed down to the display driver assembly (2nd board attached to the back of the display). Unfortunately further research and testing pointed to one of the ICs like UDN-7180 or UDN-6118.
Once I got that far I ended up swapping the whole unit for a LED due to cost / troubleshooting time, but if you want to keep that original display going I would check those two chips since they control the digits and segments on the plasma display.

Well,.. my problem turned out to be broken hardware,.. circled in the pic are the 4 broken connectors- time finally caught up and the related segments getting no info,.. replaced with an XPIN LED display and ive gone blue/red while I can. Silver lining to suck of a problem

9CFA18C6-D004-424B-87B3-D47565B3F680 (resized).jpegEA704531-BDBE-4342-BCB8-E40C4E849ADE (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#1607 4 months ago

Price for Bride of Pinbot 9/2018? It appears to have alphanumeric issues. Any help is appreciated!

#1608 4 months ago
Quoted from Pinsterwmass:

Price for Bride of Pinbot 9/2018? It appears to have alphanumeric issues. Any help is appreciated!

Depends on the condition.

#1609 4 months ago

If it’s in decent shape but has alphanumeric issues?

2 months later
#1611 75 days ago

Just installed pellew's drop-in replacement for the helmet control board. This introduces PWM fade for LED lights on the helmet. It's pretty amazing. Here's a video:

Here are a couple installation photos:

IMG_3605 (resized).JPG

IMG_3609 (resized).JPG

Here is a link to his thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-helmet-control-for-use-with-leds

1 week later
#1612 66 days ago

Selling some BoP items on ebay. Take a look!

ebay.com link

ebay.com link

#1613 62 days ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

Selling some BoP items on ebay. Take a look!
ebay.com link
ebay.com link

missed out again ... that looked to be a new helmet? and it only sold for 63 dollars .... WOW

#1614 62 days ago
Quoted from Les73gtx:

missed out again ... that looked to be a new helmet? and it only sold for 63 dollars .... WOW

It had a crack in it and no decal but still a good price.

#1615 58 days ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

It had a crack in it and no decal but still a good price.

Hey guys, yep somebody in Netherlands got it but paid shipping too so that helped... I still have the lock pin for sale if anyone needs that... Boy I miss my BoP...

#1616 56 days ago

Got my helmet board today, now I just have to find time to put it in. Thanks pellew.

#1617 51 days ago

Sorry if this has been asked, but what does the light just above the right side of her face indicate. On my machine it's green.

#1618 51 days ago
Quoted from janus:

Sorry if this has been asked, but what does the light just above the right side of her face indicate. On my machine it's green.

I believe it's to indicate that the entrance to the mini playfield is open.

1 month later
#1619 14 days ago

Hi all
Just redoing the original sounds for Bop for pinsound - big job!

I've basically cleaned noise and levels and converted all sfx, jingle and music tracks to stereo and now on the vocals.
Unfortunately cleaning them up is not so easy and I was wondering if any one has any links to better quality files etc at all for the vocals?

Cheers
Kurt

#1620 14 days ago
Quoted from Jakusu:

Hi all
Just redoing the original sounds for Bop for pinsound - big job!
I've basically cleaned noise and levels and converted all sfx, jingle and music tracks to stereo and now on the vocals.
Unfortunately cleaning them up is not so easy and I was wondering if any one has any links to better quality files etc at all for the vocals?
Cheers
Kurt

Wow that's really a cool project, keep us informed.

#1621 10 days ago

I'm in like Flynn! $500 pick up and it works!

20190113_095152 (resized).jpg20190113_115243 (resized).jpg
#1622 10 days ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

I'm in like Flynn! $500 pick up and it works!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Now that's a score. But that pf is gonna need a lot of love or is that just scratched up glass. Have at it.

#1623 9 days ago

The glass is so scratched...worst I have ever had personally. The mylar is still there and in pretty good shape. The playfield is just really really dirty.

#1624 9 days ago

The glass is so scratched...worst I have ever had personally. The mylar is still there and in pretty good shape. The playfield is just really really dirty.

I see, any bubbling of the mylar over the inserts?

#1625 9 days ago

There is maybe just the tiniest hint of some super small bubbling in a couple spots. Nothing I am going to worry about. It's not uneven or anything.

#1626 9 days ago

That is an amazing find, crujones.

#1627 9 days ago

There is maybe just the tiniest hint of some super small bubbling in a couple spots. Nothing I am going to worry about. It's not uneven or anything.

Dang your lucky, when the glue of the mylar over the inserts dries the bubbles get worse and if you take the mylar off that glue will be hard as a rock and you can't get it off. Change the bulbs to leds ASAP.

#1628 9 days ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Dang your lucky, when the glue of the mylar over the inserts dries the bubbles get worse and if you take the mylar off that glue will be hard as a rock and you can't get it off. Change the bulbs to leds ASAP.

Thanks for the tip! This game would look great with LEDs...all white of course.

#1629 9 days ago

Thanks for the tip! This game would look great with LEDs...all white of course.

Clean the inserts from the underside with Purple Power or something like that till the Q tip comes away clean then use Comet regular 2 smd white clear dome leds and you inserts will look fantastic and even sparkle like a new Stern game. Then get the OCD board for it.

#1630 9 days ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Wow that's really a cool project, keep us informed.

No luck with files from anyone so went ahead and cleaned up all of the callouts as best as possible.
So (about 50 hours later!) all original sounds tweaked with a couple of minor additions and changes
Machine going back together at the moment so should have it up and running in the next week or two.

#1631 8 days ago
Quoted from Jakusu:

No luck with files from anyone so went ahead and cleaned up all of the callouts as best as possible.
So (about 50 hours later!) all original sounds tweaked with a couple of minor additions and changes
Machine going back together at the moment so should have it up and running in the next week or two.

That would be interesting to see and hear what you did.

1 week later
#1632 1 day ago

Tray for sale

Archived after 1 day
Sold (amount undisclosed)
Parts - For Sale
Used, good condition “Selling a Bride of Pinbot under the face tray. Price includes priority shipping in the US.”
2019-01-21
Lodi, CA
100 (OBO)

#1633 1 day ago

Coming to the end of my BOP 1.1 restore.

Wondering if anyone can help with one of the changes I want on this part.

I'm doing a custom speaker panel. Would prefer to light each face as it is achieved but there are no corresponding Lamps for this I believe to piggy back.
Any ideas on this? The basic GI lit all the time 4 faces is pretty lame.

Cheers !

#1634 1 day ago
Quoted from Jakusu:

Would prefer to light each face as it is achieved but there are no corresponding Lamps for this I believe to piggy back.
Any ideas on this? The basic GI lit all the time 4 faces is pretty lame.

This is a good idea. Should have been set up this way from the factory. If you figure it out, please post how.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Boards
PinSound
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
£ 79.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 40.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lorton, VA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
£ 55.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 50.00
$ 209.99
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 28.00
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1634 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 33.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside