2 (resized).jpg
20230107_193858 (resized).jpg
BOP_pinbot_values (resized).png
DSC06303 (resized).JPG
DSC06302 (resized).JPG
DSC06301 (resized).JPG
CE093284-D2E7-434C-94F7-231E5F890FC5 (resized).jpeg
20230730_133932 (resized).jpg
There are 2,688 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 54.
#1401 6 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Anyway, here's a few ideas i stuffed around with, these aren't sized correctly as yet, just mocked up to see what they might come out like. These would have to be stuck to the top of that plastic, not inside it, and of course i haven't allowed for the rivet heads either . Another thought would be to use that chrome/mirror finish tape like what is used inside the Fish Tales topper dome, anything has gotta look better than just plain white surely
Now i know the 3rd one looks stretched but that's unavoidable cause the original picture was wider and it needed to be narrower to fit the basic size of the plastic. When you click on the pics the resolution is better by the way. Anyyyyyhoooo, thoughts?

That 3rd one pops rather nicely. But how would it look with the rivet heads cut out?

#1402 6 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

I like the ideas for a better decal for the ball lock cover, but has anyone played with using the cartoon astronauts to be working on something for that sticker?

I like that idea; like they are climbing out of her cleavage. The interesting thing about that area of the playfield is that the nearby"boob" rings only line up when viewed from the player's position. Likewise, any artwork on the white cover needs to accomodate that POV.

#1403 6 years ago
Quoted from TimO:

I like that idea; like they are climbing out of her cleavage. The interesting thing about that area of the playfield is that the nearby"boob" rings only line up when viewed from the player's position. Likewise, any artwork on the white cover needs to accomodate that POV.

Great idea!!

#1404 6 years ago

i believe it's spelled "bewb", lol.

#1405 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That 3rd one pops rather nicely. But how would it look with the rivet heads cut out?

The 2 screws heads to the right of the plastic wouldn't cover much but i'm guesstimating that the rivet head will end up smack dab on the brides head, perhaps a tad lower. It will be possible to shape the decal no worries, i just made them rectangular to start with but yeah, that rivet head is the hardest to get around for an image like that one.

#1406 6 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

I like the ideas for a better decal for the ball lock cover, but has anyone played with using the cartoon astronauts to be working on something for that sticker?

I was thinking something along those lines also, had a google for images and there wasn't much that was very useful. It would probably work ok to scan/copy some of the astronauts off the playfield or plastics though
I will have another go at it later on today.

#1407 6 years ago

Another option could be just one larger astronaut pic, something like this perhaps?

Astronaut decal (resized).jpgAstronaut decal (resized).jpg

#1408 6 years ago

Has anyone found a 3D translite?
I see the killer video from Mario:

But, I can't find one for sale. I keep bothering PPS, but no dice. If any of you have pull, help me find one. Hopefully, I can get one at Expo in Chicago next month.

#1409 6 years ago
Quoted from Draegermeister:

» YouTube video
But, I can't find one for sale. I keep bothering PPS, but no dice. If any of you have pull, help me find one. Hopefully, I can get one at Expo in Chicago next month.

Hmmmm, I thought these were released. I'd buy one but I have the mirrored remake already.

#1410 6 years ago
Quoted from Draegermeister:

» YouTube video

Check out this thread and contact the OP to see where they are in production.

#1411 6 years ago

Geeez i forgot about doing some work on that design, sorry guys, been all over the place with various projects lately. I will try and get back to that really soon.

#1412 6 years ago
Quoted from TimO:

I like that idea; like they are climbing out of her cleavage

The ball lock cover sits above that area though, if anything it's left of center on her neck or just below that. If you look at the bride pic on the translite there's not a great deal of detail in that area so just scanning that particular area to marry with the translite pic and adding some little astronauts to it, well, it might look a bit weird.

#1413 6 years ago

So i got out the scanner today and unwrapped my BOP play field and scanned all the little astronauts and also all the astronauts on the translite as well. I also scanned the area on both playfield/translite about where the ball lock cover should relatively be. The attached 2 pics are a bit pixelly, wont be like this when it is reduced to decal size, you guys will get the idea though. As i suspected it will be a barren backdrop to add astronauts to but might be able to do something with it. Thought's on which of these backdrops to use, if not either of these What?

IMAG0011 (resized).JPGIMAG0011 (resized).JPG

IMAG0017 (resized).JPGIMAG0017 (resized).JPG

#1414 6 years ago

Sorry, yeah click on them they won't be so bloody huge

#1415 6 years ago

I'd say the top one, more going on and more colors.

#1416 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I'd say the top one, more going on and more colors.

I had a go at adding some astronauts to that pic, the one's scanned from the translite, but i think it will just look out of place with the other playfield plastics. I spent about an hour fiddling and F%^%$%G around and in the end got the shits with it and deleted, lol.
I think it's gonna have to be done with the lesser detail astronauts scanned from the playfield and see what i can do with that. I just don't have the skills to create astronauts from scratch in paint.net program be bloody handy though.

#1417 6 years ago

I had a bit of spare time today and this is what i came up with for a first draft. Welcome to tell me it's crap And yeah i know it's ROUGH around the edges of the astronauts, i just did a basic one to start with and see how the images fit and decide on placement.
Thought's? Idea's?

Decal draft 1 (resized).jpgDecal draft 1 (resized).jpg

#1418 6 years ago

That plastic is so small you'd never see those little guys unless you looked really hard.

#1419 6 years ago

I'm in..drove 600 miles round trip on Sunday to grab her.
And Dam glad I did ..

20170911_002505 (resized).jpg20170911_002505 (resized).jpg

20170911_201252 (resized).jpg20170911_201252 (resized).jpg

#1420 6 years ago
Quoted from Milltown:

I'm in..drove 600 miles round trip on Sunday to grab her.
And Dam glad I did ..

Welcome to the club, I've driven that far and farther for a game I wanted. What kind of shape is she in?

#1421 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That plastic is so small you'd never see those little guys unless you looked really hard.

They could be made larger, no worries about that. These are about the same scale as they are on the other plastics and playfield though.
Any other ideas for images MP? Just having the background alone might be a bit too bland.

#1422 6 years ago

Can't think of anything, except to light it up from the underside.

#1423 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Can't think of anything, except to light it up from the underside

You're plotting a light-up already aren't ya

#1424 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Welcome to the club, I've driven that far and farther for a game I wanted. What kind of shape is she in?

Very decent .. the guy did a very nice overlay and protector instal 2 weeks prior.
Very clean fast and functional.

#1425 6 years ago
Quoted from Milltown:

Very decent .. the guy did a very nice overlay and protector instal 2 weeks prior.
Very clean fast and functional.

20170911_201240 (resized).jpg20170911_201240 (resized).jpg

#1426 6 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

You're plotting a light-up already aren't ya

I'm thinking about it and I do have another light up mod in proto now, that comes first.

#1427 6 years ago

Wow, so your pf looks like new. Nice.

#1428 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I'm thinking about it and I do have another light up mod in proto now, that comes first.

What do you have for a mod ?

#1429 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Very nice and thank u.

#1430 6 years ago

I'm messing around with blue led bulbs in the back box.. since she is a chrome robot and the color arrangements are set up perfect for chroome..

20170912_232031 (resized).jpg20170912_232031 (resized).jpg

#1431 6 years ago
Quoted from Milltown:

I'm messing around with blue led bulbs in the back box.. since she is a chrome robot and the color arrangements are set up perfect for chroome..

The only thing that comes to my mind is hideous. But looking at the pinbot next to it, you have a hideous lighting theme going, so umm congrats?

#1432 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

It does look new, unfortunately the colors on the overlays are off, tnt has a video of a bop with an overlay...

why would someone go through all of the trouble of creating an overlay and just F up the colors, doesn't pps have some sort of quality control against that?

#1433 6 years ago
Quoted from Milltown:

What do you have for a mod ?

Right now I have my Leg Light-Ups. Here's my BOP with purple on it. Looks better in real life.

IMGA0182 (resized).JPGIMGA0182 (resized).JPG

#1434 6 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

The only thing that comes to my mind is hideous. But looking at the pinbot next to it, you have a hideous lighting theme going, so umm congrats?

Oh that's nice, we get a new member who's proud of his game and you gotta slam it. One thumbs down from me.

#1435 6 years ago

milltown has been on here over a year now. nothing he hasn't seen before .

#1436 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Oh that's nice, we get a new member who's proud of his game and you gotta slam it. One thumbs down from me.

The game is fine, the lighting is terrible.

#1437 6 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

The game is fine, the lighting is terrible.

I think being nice is better than just slamming someone for the effort they put into customizing the game to their liking. While I agree that using colored LEDs in the backglass isn't my taste, some people like it. And, for those that do it, this one is done well (I guess). Personally, I like cool whites for BoP.

#1438 6 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

I think being nice is better than just slamming someone for the effort they put into customizing the game to their liking. While I agree that using colored LEDs in the backglass isn't my taste, some people like it. And, for those that do it, this one is done well (I guess). Personally, I like cool whites for BoP.

White light is good, blue is not. I was being nice, you should have seen what I edited out.

#1439 6 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

Haha.. ok

#1440 6 years ago

Some people just suck. haha.. no worries on my end . As I stated i am messing around with bulbs. the robot gal is ment to be chrome . I simply enhanced the light source keeping the white light coming from the bottom. I've seen Purple and other colors used wich I simply do not like .but I would never talk shit about there game because they like it and that's what makes a difference.
Some folks are simply not happy people and feel good talking trash about others .
Hey and that's cool to.
My reply on things I don't lIke are .
Hey Not my thing but cool. If I say anything at all.
And I would have the same reply in person.
But like I said misreble basement dweller type folks love to run there mouths on forums.

#1441 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Right now I have my Leg Light-Ups. Here's my BOP with purple on it. Looks better in real life.

Cool effect

#1442 6 years ago

I think so and beatmasters lit shooter housing tops it off along with an Angle Eye light up start button, but that's a permanent mod and can't be reversed.

#1443 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I think so and beatmasters lit shooter housing tops it off along with an Angle Eye light up start button, but that's a permanent mod and can't be reversed.

Curious? How is that ? Why not ?

#1444 6 years ago

Cuz ya have to make the inner hole bigger then hog out the area around the hole on the back side for the large lock nut like this. I put one on my Space Shuttle (pictured) and my Space Station. The bulb in them are 12v but light up just fine with 6.3v.

IMGA0985 (resized).JPGIMGA0985 (resized).JPG

IMGA0984 (resized).JPGIMGA0984 (resized).JPG

#1445 6 years ago

Aha.. gotcha .. very cool tho..

#1446 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Cuz ya have to make the inner hole bigger then hog out the area around the hole on the back side for the large lock nut like this. I put one on my Space Shuttle (pictured) and my Space Station. The bulb in them are 12v but light up just fine with 6.3v.

How do the leg light ups work ?? Wiring Wise?

#1447 6 years ago
Quoted from Milltown:

How do the leg light ups work ?? Wiring Wise?

Because my mod has a 3 pin female Molex connector on the end I have an 8 way power distribution board in the cabinet that gets its power from a 3 amp wall wort pluged into the 110 service out let. Just run the wires up through the cab speaker hole.

#1448 6 years ago

Any other suggestions for the ball lock plastic decal? or should i just give up and drown myself in bourbon...... mind you pickled Aussie is not a good look, especially if i decide to wear my Borat green mankini
SERIOUSLY though...some idea input would be great about now!!

#1449 6 years ago

When I had PhotoShop I'd take a picture like the little guys, cut them out then blow them up to see the stair stepping and use a paint brush tool and smooth all that out. For one little guy it would probably take me 4 hours, cuz I would work over the whole image one way or another.

#1450 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

When I had PhotoShop I'd take a picture like the little guys, cut them out then blow them up to see the stair stepping and use a paint brush tool and smooth all that out. For one little guy it would probably take me 4 hours, cuz I would work over the whole image one way or another.

Hmmm not sure if i can do it that way in paint.net MP. When you add the astronauts you click on the picture, use the rectangle grab tool to highlight around the astronaut and then use "paste into new layer" to add to the background picture and then use the erase tool to go around the edges of the astronaut. In doing the erase part you are then regaining the covered over background. I know you can size the astronaut to what you want but as soon as you start the erase part i don't think you can then resize back again. It's gonna take a bit more fiddling and practice i think

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 9.95
$ 27.95
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

3,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Firestone, CO
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 9.99
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,688 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 54.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-clubnon-20/page/29 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.