2 (resized).jpg
20230107_193858 (resized).jpg
BOP_pinbot_values (resized).png
DSC06303 (resized).JPG
DSC06302 (resized).JPG
DSC06301 (resized).JPG
CE093284-D2E7-434C-94F7-231E5F890FC5 (resized).jpeg
20230730_133932 (resized).jpg
There are 2,688 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 54.
#1351 6 years ago

Flipper bat covers from Mezel mods work great on bride!

IMG_8262 (resized).JPGIMG_8262 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#1352 6 years ago

I went to play BOP this weekend and all the lights work except the ones with the green X. Any thoughts, fuse?

20170704_205825 (resized).jpg20170704_205825 (resized).jpg

#1353 6 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I went to play BOP this weekend and all the lights work except the ones with the green X. Any thoughts, fuse?

That is a set of lights that is probably driven by one of the GI circuits. Check to see if its fuses is blown. Also, check the GI plug to see if it is burnt (if so, replace header and plug). If not that, then it will be something upstream in the circuit. PinWiki's writeup for dealing with WPC GI problems is a great resource: http://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#General_Illumination_Problems

#1354 6 years ago

Is the gi fuse and plug under the playfield or in the backbox? Thank you

#1355 6 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Is the gi fuse and plug under the playfield or in the backbox? Thank you

They are in the backbox. I've attached an image of the power driver board with the things to check highlighted. Also, if you have a blown fuse, you may want to check for any accidental shorts under the playfield (GI bulb socket touching another piece of metal), too, that could be causing the fuse to blow.

WPC-GI (resized).pngWPC-GI (resized).png

Image credit: photo taken from Chris Hibler's website.

#1356 6 years ago

Thank you Lyonsden!!!!!

#1357 6 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Thank you Lyonsden!!!!!

No problem. Post your update if you find/solve the problem or need more help.

#1358 6 years ago

check the little springs in those bayonet sockets. if a bulb is pushing a spring to the sidewall, it'll short. look for heavily oxidized sockets: telltale sign.

#1359 6 years ago

I had some visitors over and while playing BoP in 4 player mode we started noodling on how the machine handled a trapped ball on the second face while other players took their turn. We figured most of it out, but then I mentioned that the machine had 3 balls in it. Someone asked "Why?" and I couldn't give them an explanation. I assume it involves multiple players, but I can't quite connect the dots. Can someone explain the situation where all three balls are necessary?

#1360 6 years ago

Many thanks to woody76 and Pinball Plating and More for the chrome work on the helmet. Looks great!

IMG_7379 (resized).JPGIMG_7379 (resized).JPG

#1361 6 years ago

Lyonsden, thank you for pointing me in the right direction, it wss a blown fuse. More importantlyI joined the billionaire club for the first time

#1362 6 years ago

Does anyone happen to have a goo picture that shows where any wireforms may go near the rear left of the play field? I was playing the machine and heard some weird noises when the ball went down for the jackpot. It got stuck and I found a 2 1/2" wireform stuck down in there. I can't see any that are missing on the play field and have no idea where this one goes and how it ended up down in there. It either recently came off from the back and fell in there or has been laying in the machine since before I acquired it over 19 years ago. Are there any around the rotating head assembly? Help me solve the mystery!

The machine is due for a set fresh rubbers and a good cleaning and can put back the wireform at the same time.

#1363 6 years ago

There is one on the right side of the face, in between the double rubbers.

pic7 (resized).jpgpic7 (resized).jpg

#1364 6 years ago
Quoted from chipleader:

There is one on the right side of the face, in between the double rubbers.

That looks like the piece I found and I can see the holes for it now so that is it. Thank you for posting the picture! Mystery solved. When I get the new rubber ring I'll tear my machine down, clean everything, novis my ramps and put that wireform back.

#1365 6 years ago

Little PRO TIP for you BoP owners out there. Williams Bride of Pinbot manual is wrong (shocking!) for the fuses for GI #3 Yellow / White-Yellow and GI #5 Green / White-Green. Pinwiki has it correct. GI #3 is F108, NOT F107 as listed in the manual. F107 is GI #5.

Don't do what I did and trust the manual and spend an hour or two cussing. From now on I'll just curse once and test all the fuses I can find.

IMG_4259 (resized).PNGIMG_4259 (resized).PNG

IMG_4260 (resized).PNGIMG_4260 (resized).PNG

#1366 6 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

Little PRO TIP for you BoP owners out there. Williams Bride of Pinbot manual is wrong (shocking!) for the fuses for GI #3 Yellow / White-Yellow and GI #5 Green / White-Green. Pinwiki has it correct. GI #3 is F108, NOT F107 as listed in the manual. F107 is GI #5.
Don't do what I did and trust the manual and spend an hour or two cussing. From now on I'll just curse once and test all the fuses I can find.

Thanks for the great info.

1 week later
#1367 6 years ago

Doing some work on a new to me BoP and came across this date stamp on the end of the playfield. Any idea what it means?

IMG_0265 (resized).JPGIMG_0265 (resized).JPG

#1368 6 years ago

Wild guess here, but based on that date being much newer than the pin itself, it's a reproduction playfield from Peter.

http://buthamburg.de/playfields/playfields.html

#1369 6 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

Wild guess here, but based on that date being much newer than the pin itself, it's a reproduction playfield from Peter.

I would tend to agree but 2009? My repro was from the first batch and i haven't had it that long. Curious why it would be printed that date

#1370 6 years ago

My guess would be the date it was last in for repair, or since its on the PF, maybe its the date it was last shopped/clearcoated.

How does the PF look?

#1371 6 years ago
Quoted from mgpasman:

My guess would be the date it was last in for repair, or since its on the PF, maybe its the date it was last shopped/clearcoated.
How does the PF look?

Quoted from mavantix:

http://buthamburg.de/playfields/playfields.html

It's the original ESC playfield. It's mylared and the rest of the PF is prett faded. Some wear through. I highly doubt it's been re-cleared. The wood was cracked all the way through between the trough and lane that I just repaired. We'll see how that goes. Just doing some short term fixes now. Plays fine but my wife loves this game so I've got a Buthamburg PF on order. maybe next year will be a full tear down and restore. The stamp just seemed strange and was hoping to learn something by asking.

IMG_0269.JPGIMG_0269.JPG

2 weeks later
#1373 6 years ago

Question about orphaned connector in backbox:

I had to remove my BOP's backbox and playfield to make it light enough to move. I labeled connectors with tape as I removed them from sockets in the backbox, but as I was about 3/4 done removing them, I came across an apparently unattached connector with four pins (three active) and two wires (yellow, on outside pins I believe) that was located on the left hand side of the backbox. Although I did get distracted a few times, I don't think that I had removed a connector and forgot to label it or that a label fell off, but anything's possible. I labeled this connector with a 'NOT' (for not connected) and kept going, figuring that I could deduce whether or not it was connected based on photos I took beforehand.

After I got her moved and put back together and then attached all the connectors to the appropriate sockets in the backbox, I examined photos and couldn't find any sockets that should have a connector in them. I bravely plugged her in and flipped the switch. She started up fine and ran well and so I assume this is a connector that isn't attached to a socket by default. Can anyone confirm this? Moreover, if my suspicions are correct, does this connector have a purpose aside from confusing an amateur like me?

#1374 6 years ago
Quoted from tfduda:

Question about orphaned connector in backbox:
I had to remove my BOP's backbox and playfield to make it light enough to move. I labeled connectors with tape as I removed them from sockets in the backbox, but as I was about 3/4 done removing them, I came across an apparently unattached connector with four pins (three active) and two wires (yellow, on outside pins I believe) that was located on the left hand side of the backbox. Although I did get distracted a few times, I don't think that I had removed a connector and forgot to label it or that a label fell off, but anything's possible. I labeled this connector with a 'NOT' (for not connected) and kept going, figuring that I could deduce whether or not it was connected based on photos I took beforehand.
After I got her moved and put back together and then attached all the connectors to the appropriate sockets in the backbox, I examined photos and couldn't find any sockets that should have a connector in them. I bravely plugged her in and flipped the switch. She started up fine and ran well and so I assume this is a connector that isn't attached to a socket by default. Can anyone confirm this? Moreover, if my suspicions are correct, does this connector have a purpose aside from confusing an amateur like me?

On the bottom of the speaker panel, there is a small yellow wire connector for the GI bulbs on the bottom of that panel. Could that be what you're talking about?

#1375 6 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

On the bottom of the speaker panel, there is a small yellow wire connector for the GI bulbs on the bottom of that panel. Could that be what you're talking about?

Photo:

IMG_2036 (resized).JPGIMG_2036 (resized).JPG

#1376 6 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Nope, that one was connected, but has similar color wires as to the one in question. Thanks for the suggestion and photo though!

The connector without an apparent socket is a 4-pin one with three active pins (one pin not present) and only two pins with wires (yellow ones and they attach to the outer two pins if I remember right). It looks similar to all of the other connectors that attach to sockets on boards.

The wires from the connector go into a bundle that heads down to the playfield and I haven't yet traced their source. I played several more games and didn't notice anything odd with how the machine operates, although it is possible that the connector hasn't been attached since I've owned her.

If having an unattached connector in the backbox isn't normal, I suppose I'll have to trace the wires.

#1377 6 years ago
Quoted from tfduda:

The wires from the connector go into a bundle that heads down to the playfield and I haven't yet traced their source. I played several more games and didn't notice anything odd with how the machine operates, although it is possible that the connector hasn't been attached since I've owned her.
If having an unattached connector in the backbox isn't normal, I suppose I'll have to trace the wires.

I suspect it's either related to the face motor board or the helmet chase lights board, but I'll check when I get home tonight.

#1378 6 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

I suspect it's either related to the face motor board or the helmet chase lights board, but I'll check when I get home tonight.

Ok, no luck. Can you post a photo?

#1379 6 years ago

Here's the photo of the connector (in center and not attached to anything) I was mistaken that the wires were in the bundle that go to the playfield; it looks like they go to the larger molex that goes to the transformer. The wires also appear white and not yellow as I originally recalled.

IMG_0476 (resized).JPGIMG_0476 (resized).JPG

#1380 6 years ago

Nevermind!

This is the power to the original display (which was replaced about six months ago with an xpin one that doesn't need the same power). What horrible memory I have!

#1381 6 years ago

Hey All,

I'm very happy to have finally picked up a BoP - It's really one of my most favorite machines.

I will probably try to restore the PF in a year or so once I've had enough of the mylar coming up but as it plays well for now - I'm happy

The art is faded pretty bad which seems common with this title, however I've started hand painting it to restore it. I'll use some art sealer when i'm done. I could get new decals but I'd rather try my hand at this first, the cabinet is in very good shape. I will post more pics as I restore the fade. So far I've done the front and now working on the left side where I just have the yellow left everywhere, and some orange on the ribs.

Some questions I had:
The playfield is in pretty good shape but has factory Mylar on it and it looks like the inserts also have mylar on them underneath the large piece. Is this common?

I noticed on the backglass the lights where it says "The Machine" never light up unless it's at game over, yet in some pics I see it's always lit. Is there a way to keep them always lit?

Thanks!

20170818_080736 (resized).jpg20170818_080736 (resized).jpg
20170818_080751 (resized).jpg20170818_080751 (resized).jpg
20170818_080900 (resized).jpg20170818_080900 (resized).jpg

#1382 6 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

Hey All,
I'm very happy to have finally picked up a BoP - It's really one of my most favorite machines.
I will probably try to restore the PF in a year or so once I've had enough of the mylar coming up but as it plays well for now - I'm happy
The art is faded pretty bad which seems common with this title, however I've started hand painting it to restore it. I'll use some art sealer when i'm done. I could get new decals but I'd rather try my hand at this first, the cabinet is in very good shape. I will post more pics as I restore the fade. So far I've done the front and now working on the left side where I just have the yellow left everywhere, and some orange on the ribs.
Some questions I had:
The playfield is in pretty good shape but has factory Mylar on it and it looks like the inserts also have mylar on them underneath the large piece. Is this common?
I noticed on the backglass the lights where it says "The Machine" never light up unless it's at game over, yet in some pics I see it's always lit. Is there a way to keep them always lit?
Thanks!

Congrats on the pickup and Welcome to the club. Mine doesn't have the full pf mylar cuz it has a couple worn to wood spots but the out lanes have partial mylar. My The Machine is lit all the time. I see you have chrome T molding on the bb, looks really good and it looks like the head dress on the pf bride has been painted silver instead of being chrome. Your doing a fine job of painting the cab. I sell purple Leg Light-Ups for the front legs and beatmaster makes a shooter housing light up if you'd want to light up the front of your game.

#1383 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Congrats on the pickup and Welcome to the club. Mine doesn't have the full pf mylar cuz it has a couple worn to wood spots but the out lanes have partial mylar. My The Machine is lit all the time. I see you have chrome T molding on the bb, looks really good and it looks like the head dress on the pf bride has been painted silver instead of being chrome. Your doing a fine job of painting the cab. I sell purple Leg Light-Ups for the front legs and beatmaster makes a shooter housing light up if you'd want to light up the front of your game.

Thank Paul, I'll let you know if I go down that path.

As for the string of GI bulbs not working in the backbox, I decided to pull all PCBs out and reflow everything as there were issues with battery saves etc.

Looking at the header pin connector for (J120 I believe) I noticed the Green/White wire pin was burnt up/roached out. Reading up in the manual I saw that this lead to a fuse over at F107. Upon inspection of the fuse it was not the correct 5A SB, so after replacing that I now have lights again across the backglass.

I'll continue to touch up paint the cabinet but here are a few more pics of how I'm progressing. I also need to paint the helmet, it's currently just primed as I'm looking for a good foil/chrome rattle can.

20170819_151244 (resized).jpg20170819_151244 (resized).jpg

#1384 6 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

Thank Paul, I'll let you know if I go down that path.
As for the string of GI bulbs not working in the backbox, I decided to pull all PCBs out and reflow everything as there were issues with battery saves etc.
Looking at the header pin connector for (J120 I believe) I noticed the Green/White wire pin was burnt up/roached out. Reading up in the manual I saw that this lead to a fuse over at F107. Upon inspection of the fuse it was not the correct 5A SB, so after replacing that I now have lights again across the backglass.
I'll continue to touch up paint the cabinet but here are a few more pics of how I'm progressing. I also need to paint the helmet, it's currently just primed as I'm looking for a good foil/chrome rattle can.

Wow great job.

#1385 6 years ago

Am I the only one who thinks this big white cover is just begging for some artwork? Has anybody painted or stuck a decal on there? How did it turn out?

bop (resized).jpgbop (resized).jpg

#1386 6 years ago
Quoted from TimO:

Am I the only one who thinks this big white cover is just begging for some artwork? Has anybody painted or stuck a decal on there? How did it turn out?

Me too. If I still had my Mac with PhotoShop it would have been done loooong ago.

#1387 6 years ago

I've just received new ramps for my bop and am wondering what screws are used to attach the ramp cover on the heartbeat loop and the switch at the entrance. Some size of small self tapper?

#1388 6 years ago

Also I've found that my small wheel hole loses the ball jntlt he cabinet occasionally. I don't have an under face box that connects to the scoop. The switch that triggers the coil to fire the ball back up works fine, but sometimes he ball will "think" into the cabinet ending a game.

#1389 6 years ago
Quoted from TimO:

Here is a closup picture of Don Krapers burningman BOP 2.0. He told me he had extra material left over from redoing the sides so he put some on the cover. I have always wanted to do something to mine as well.

bop (resized).jpgbop (resized).jpg

#1390 6 years ago
Quoted from Fourbyracer:

Here is a closup picture of Don Krapers burningman BOP 2.0. He told me he had extra material left over from redoing the sides so he put some on the cover. I have always wanted to do something to mine as well.

That's not bad but i think i would prefer a decal of some sort, not just a solid colour. I will have a tinker later on today, see what i can come up with

#1391 6 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

That's not bad but i think i would prefer a decal of some sort, not just a solid colour. I will have a tinker later on today, see what i can come up with

Maybe something that's iriadescent or opelescent.(how ever you spell those)

#1392 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Maybe something that's iriadescent or opelescent.(how ever you spell those)

I knew what ya meant MP You could even use the same material that is used on some spinners but at the moment i'm leaning towards another style decal

#1393 6 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

I knew what ya meant MP You could even use the same material that is used on some spinners but at the moment i'm leaning towards another style decal

Knowing you I'll be interested to see what you come up with.

#1394 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Knowing you I'll be interested to see what you come up with

I've got 3 ideas for a decal but my paint.net program is driving me nuts at the moment

#1395 6 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

I've got 3 ideas for a decal but my paint.net program is driving me nuts at the moment

You'll finger it out.

#1397 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

You'll finger it out.

Typo's are a biatch

#1398 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Knowing you I'll be interested to see what you come up with.

Anyway, here's a few ideas i stuffed around with, these aren't sized correctly as yet, just mocked up to see what they might come out like. These would have to be stuck to the top of that plastic, not inside it, and of course i haven't allowed for the rivet heads either . Another thought would be to use that chrome/mirror finish tape like what is used inside the Fish Tales topper dome, anything has gotta look better than just plain white surely
Now i know the 3rd one looks stretched but that's unavoidable cause the original picture was wider and it needed to be narrower to fit the basic size of the plastic. When you click on the pics the resolution is better by the way. Anyyyyyhoooo, thoughts?

Bride decal 1 (resized).jpgBride decal 1 (resized).jpg
Bride decal 2 (resized).jpgBride decal 2 (resized).jpg
Bride decal 3 (resized).jpgBride decal 3 (resized).jpg

#1399 6 years ago

I like the last one the best. I have toyed with the idea of "Bride" or similar at a diagonal across is and running off the edge on both sides/ends.

Quoted from Mancave:

The picture is not that great, but the sticker used was leftover from BOP 2.0 side kit so it is a purple with the white lightning effect--just like 2.0.

#1400 6 years ago

I like the ideas for a better decal for the ball lock cover, but has anyone played with using the cartoon astronauts to be working on something for that sticker?

Screen Shot 2017-08-30 at 12.09.32 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-08-30 at 12.09.32 PM (resized).png

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 27.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

3,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Firestone, CO
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 9.95
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
$ 9.99
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,688 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 54.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-clubnon-20/page/28?hl=jodannar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.