Topic Stats

• 1,769 posts
  • 158 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 37 days ago by RCA1
  • Topic is favorited by 71 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 630 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

BOP_WIP 14 (resized).jpg
BOPR2 (resized).jpg
BOPR1 (resized).jpg
15657091877713447650192677016386 (resized).jpg
20190813_110748 (resized).jpg
20190813_110732 (resized).jpg
20190728_152536 (resized).jpg
20190707_193051 (resized).jpg
20190705_144415 (resized).jpg
306FEB87-DB11-4E8F-96FE-2964C2460A2C (resized).jpeg
DF9FB419-1A2E-4A73-872F-FEED220068B2 (resized).jpeg
A63E971F-E287-4682-B1D5-3A064B36D45F (resized).jpeg
2B39D8C8-6865-48DC-8672-36618A21C3DC (resized).jpeg
5B2869B6-A77E-4AC9-B5C9-2A1B4480A64F (resized).jpeg
82AFE522-2BDF-4A7E-B5DB-E9D3B12E4B46 (resized).jpeg
F93C850B-C650-422B-909F-AAA4F3B9E923 (resized).jpeg

There are 1769 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 36.
#1301 2 years ago
Quoted from tfduda:

Also looks like you have a nice flyer collection--BF, TSOL, Hüsker Dü, Minutemen, BH Surfers, Vandals, Toy Dolls (good lord, haven't thought about them in a while--I should look them up for my teenage son!), etc.

Yeah, one day I just got online and started searching for flyers from specific shows I attended in the early '80s. I was surprised at how many I was able to find. BOP is the centerpiece of what my wife calls my time machine and everybody else calls the corner of the garage.

#1302 2 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Hey Welcome to the club. You plan on having more games?

No plans at this time; at least not until I'm a little more confident in my maintainance and repair abilities. That said, I do have a collector's itch that's gotten me in trouble in the past. Thanks for the welcome!

#1303 2 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Lol... you know he doesn't, but it will happen anyway!!!

#1304 2 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Lol... you know he doesn't, but it will happen anyway!!!

#1305 2 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Seems like a silly question...

#1307 2 years ago

I need to replace one of the pop bumper lamps under the Pinbot mini playfield. Am I correct in assuming I need to completely remove the helmet before I can remove the the upper deck to access the pop bumpers?

#1308 2 years ago
Quoted from TimO:

I need to replace one of the pop bumper lamps under the Pinbot mini playfield. Am I correct in assuming I need to completely remove the helmet before I can remove the the upper deck to access the pop bumpers?

Yes. At the least, it will make removing the mini playfield much easier.

#1309 2 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Yes. At the least, it will make removing the mini playfield much easier.

Thanks! I just wanted to make sure I wasn't adding any unnecessary steps to the job.

#1310 2 years ago
Quoted from TimO:

Thanks! I just wanted to make sure I wasn't adding any unnecessary steps to the job.

As long as your taking that mini pf off add Comets pop cap led rings, red top and white bottom leds looks great.

#1311 2 years ago

Just refinished some BoP helmets in chrome. Will have some for quick exchange.

Ron
Pinball Plating and More - chrome, brass, nickel, black nickel, candy chrome, and powder coating - plastic chrome plating
http://www.pinballplatingandmore.com
orders@pinballplatingandmore.com
615-406-0204

20170605_134111 (resized).jpg

20170605_134305 (resized).jpg

20170605_134133 (resized).jpg

#1312 2 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Just refinished some BoP helmets in chrome. Will have some for quick exchange.
Ron
Pinball Plating and More - chrome, brass, nickel, black nickel, candy chrome, and powder coating - plastic chrome plating
http://www.pinballplatingandmore.com
orders@pinballplatingandmore.com
615-406-0204

Soooooo nice, soooo shiny!

#1313 2 years ago

What's the price on those? I may have to send mine in!

1 week later
#1314 2 years ago

This metal ball guide is broken at both screws, any know where to find a replacement? Is it Bride specific? Thanks!

IMG_5286 (resized).JPG

IMG_5287 (resized).JPG

#1315 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

This metal ball guide is broken at both screws, any know where to find a replacement? Is it Bride specific? Thanks!

Easy fix, get them welded. Probably cost ya ten bucks.

#1316 2 years ago

If you can't find someone to weld it, Marco sells it.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/B-8623

#1317 2 years ago

I picked up a Bride a few weeks ago and noticed a couple of the inserts are different than others I've seen. The shuttle decal says: "Shuttle to her head" and the 1 Billion decal has extra wording too "Shoot two consecutive balls up life's ramp". The serial # is pretty low so I'm assuming it was an early production game but I couldn't find anything else about these decals and couldn't find any other pictures of playfields with these? If you zoom in really close it looks like the playfield in this flyer: https://www.thepinballcompany.com/wp-content/uploads/bopflyer2.jpg has these decals. Anyone have any info on these?

FYI - my playfield is pretty torn up as it looks like someone removed the mylar and took 85% of the paint with it

Heart (resized).jpg

Shuttle (resized).jpg

#1318 2 years ago
Quoted from chipleader:

If you can't find someone to weld it, Marco sells it.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/B-8623

Thanks! Ordered... hoping it makes it in time for a party on Saturday.

#1319 2 years ago
Quoted from BroMike:

I picked up a Bride a few weeks ago and noticed a couple of the inserts are different than others I've seen. The shuttle decal says: "Shuttle to her head" and the 1 Billion decal has extra wording too "Shoot two consecutive balls up life's ramp". The serial # is pretty low so I'm assuming it was an early production game but I couldn't find anything else about these decals and couldn't find any other pictures of playfields with these? If you zoom in really close it looks like the playfield in this flyer: https://www.thepinballcompany.com/wp-content/uploads/bopflyer2.jpg has these decals. Anyone have any info on these?
FYI - my playfield is pretty torn up as it looks like someone removed the mylar and took 85% of the paint with it

That's very interesting, what's the serial number. Maybe a proto/early art play field then there were rule changes that made text changes required

#1320 2 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

That's very interesting, what's the serial number. Maybe a proto/early art play field then there were rule changes that made text changes required

Serial # 50002 660031

#1321 2 years ago

The launch pad lit so how they all look. But the billion is a different story... Just when I thought I've seen it all! Maybe Peter can chime in on this one.

#1322 2 years ago

I just noticed the shuttle difference...you are correct. I've never seen this before.

#1323 2 years ago

As long as I've owned this machine, it's had an unsightly mylar edge near the shuttle ramp (when I first got it, I thought it was a crack in the PF. The mylar has pealed back just enough for some dirt to get under there. It's been an entirely cosmetic issue until yesterday when I noticed it was starting to guide the ball. From what I've read, removing mylar usually causes more problems than it solves and I'm not interested in a full restoration or replacing the whole PF. What's the easiest way to stop this from effecting ball play and maybe make it look nicer? Should I just try to trim the offending edge away with a knife? And if I do, what is the chance I'll lose some paint and graphics?

IMG_6677 (resized).JPG

#1324 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Thanks! Ordered... hoping it makes it in time for a party on Saturday.

Arrived and installed, my Bride is back in action! Also added a Bride magnetic playfield apron cover and it's looking sharp!

#1325 2 years ago
Quoted from TimO:

As long as I've owned this machine, it's had an unsightly mylar edge near the shuttle ramp (when I first got it, I thought it was a crack in the PF. The mylar has pealed back just enough for some dirt to get under there. It's been an entirely cosmetic issue until yesterday when I noticed it was starting to guide the ball. From what I've read, removing mylar usually causes more problems than it solves and I'm not interested in a full restoration or replacing the whole PF. What's the easiest way to stop this from effecting ball play and maybe make it look nicer? Should I just try to trim the offending edge away with a knife? And if I do, what is the chance I'll lose some paint and graphics?

Sorry to see that, have you tried cleaning (and I mean scrub) the affected area with Novis 1 and 2? Your gonna lose paint and decals cuz that's really bad.

#1326 2 years ago
Quoted from TimO:

Maybe try some Magic Eraser cut into cubes with some alcohol? The combo cleans quite well and if you're delicate you might not damage anything?

#1327 2 years ago
Quoted from TimO:

Should I just try to trim the offending edge away with a knife?

It would be extremely difficult to do without scouring the artwork with the blade.

#1328 2 years ago

Just recently received a package from Ron @ pinballplatingandmore, a set of chrome back box hinges and a chrome lock down bar for my "in waiting" BOP restore. I can't speak highly enough about the beautiful finish on these parts, so THANKS Ron

#1329 2 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

It would be extremely difficult to do without scouring the artwork with the blade.

I just scored the mylar with a knife and pealed a strip away. The first try pulled up the "keeper" mylar a bit so the edge wouldn't lay down, but my second try a little deeper but not enough to touch the paint did the trick. Between the two attempts I removed a 1/2" strip about 6" long.

IMG_6679 (resized).JPG

#1330 2 years ago
Quoted from TimO:

I just scored the mylar with a knife and pealed a strip away. The first try pulled up the "keeper" mylar a bit so the edge wouldn't lay down, but my second try a little deeper but not enough to touch the paint did the trick. Between the two attempts I removed a 1/2" strip about 6" long.

Are you going to put a mylar strip over that area now?

#1331 2 years ago
Quoted from BroMike:

Serial # 50002 660031

Looks like game 31 off the line, 4th lower known serial number. Likely early preproduction PF. Even beat up I wouldn't change it unless it's cleared as it's to save what's there.

#1332 2 years ago

Dupe

#1333 2 years ago

I want to buy a ratted out bop to restore, any leads out there?

#1334 2 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Are you going to put a mylar strip over that area now?

I didn't plan to. I think the original mylar was just cut to cover as much PF area as possible without removing any bumpers, ramps, or targets. There are already a lot of uncovered parts around the "busy" areas. The shuttle insert is about 1/2 covered now instead of 3/4 as before.

#1335 2 years ago
Quoted from TimO:

I didn't plan to. I think the original mylar was just cut to cover as much PF area as possible without removing any bumpers, ramps, or targets. There are already a lot of uncovered parts around the "busy" areas. The shuttle insert is about 1/2 covered now instead of 3/4 as before.

OK, keep an eye on that spot for more mylar coming up from that exposed area now.

#1336 2 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

OK, keep an eye on that spot for more mylar coming up from that exposed area now.

If I replace that strip, do I try to line it up with the edge or do I overlap?

#1337 2 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

I'm missing a ball trap protector that attaches to the A-14449 assembly on my BOP circled in red in the below picture. I can't find it in the Williams Red book. Anyone know the part number? Can anyone provide the measurements I can use to fabricate one? Thanks!

Mind=blown. This is the one part I had left over after I performed a PF swap on mine. I figured it was part of the coin chute/mech which I removed altogether. Glad I didn't toss it, going to put it back right away!

#1338 2 years ago
Quoted from TimO:

If I replace that strip, do I try to line it up with the edge or do I overlap?

I'd fill the void then put an overlap piece on.

#1339 2 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I want to buy a ratted out bop to restore, any leads out there?

I have a restored one that I would sell for 7k . Has new playfield, new ramps, plastics, faces,mini playfield, 2.0 , 2.0 decals, chrome.

IMG_6865 (resized).JPG

IMG_6874 (resized).JPG

IMG_6882 (resized).JPG

IMG_6895 (resized).JPG

IMG_6896 (resized).JPG

IMG_6963 (resized).JPG

IMG_6965 (resized).JPG

IMG_6972 (resized).JPG

IMG_6973 (resized).JPG

IMG_6982 (resized).JPG

IMG_7039 (resized).JPG

IMG_8246 (resized).JPG

IMG_8247 (resized).JPG

#1340 2 years ago

There's a BIG difference between ratted out and 7K

#1341 2 years ago

Beautiful BOP 2.0 you have there tatman9999 !! You even chromed the coindoor!

#1342 2 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Lol... this is funny. I want a piece of junk, not a brand new game! Lol

#1343 2 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

Beautiful BOP 2.0 you have there tatman9999 !! You even chromed the coindoor!

Thanks I have 6800 into it and about 40 hours.

IMG_6640 (resized).JPG

IMG_6741 (resized).JPG

IMG_6742 (resized).JPG

IMG_6746 (resized).JPG

IMG_6753 (resized).JPG

IMG_6767 (resized).JPG

IMG_6771 (resized).JPG

IMG_6774 (resized).JPG

#1344 2 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Was only joking it was ratted when I got it.

#1345 2 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Was only joking it was ratted when I got it.

It looks amazing, I'm surprised that you're considering letting it go

#1346 2 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I am going to list it.

#1347 2 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Agreed, i would be keeping it

#1348 2 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Agreed, i would be keeping it

That's not his way, he's always looking for a new project, when he finds one he doesn't stop till it's perfect. I should sell mine and buy his.

#1349 2 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That's not his way, he's always looking for a new project, when he finds one he doesn't stop till it's perfect. I should sell mine and buy his.

Mine is still in bits

#1350 2 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That's exactly what I was thinking, mine needs work too. haha

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
£ 55.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
£ 79.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys
There are 1769 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 36.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside