2 (resized).jpg
20230107_193858 (resized).jpg
BOP_pinbot_values (resized).png
DSC06303 (resized).JPG
DSC06302 (resized).JPG
DSC06301 (resized).JPG
CE093284-D2E7-434C-94F7-231E5F890FC5 (resized).jpeg
20230730_133932 (resized).jpg
There are 2,688 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 54.
#1101 7 years ago
Quoted from Talon2000:

Test fitting the new metal plate. I made it with lowered side mounting holes, and made it solid in the middle areas. Making room for the two holes to mount the posts to. Trying first by just using the two post screws, I'm not sure that will be strong enough over the long haul though.

Nicely done.

#1102 7 years ago
Quoted from Talon2000:

Test fitting the new metal plate. I made it with lowered side mounting holes, and made it solid in the middle areas. Making room for the two holes to mount the posts to. Trying first by just using the two post screws, I'm not sure that will be strong enough over the long haul though.

I don't suppose you have a photo of the original metal plates? I'm trying to understand better why CPR would say you don't need them, which doesn't make any sense to me.

#1103 7 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

I don't suppose you have a photo of the original metal plates? I'm trying to understand better why CPR would say you don't need them, which doesn't make any sense to me.

Here you go.

I'm sure it will work with the new CPR plastics. The problem is that it doesn't look right. The plungers for the eye are pointed, and the eye holes are larger. So when the ball falls into the eye hole it rolls off center.

The original hole, and plate was designed to capture the ball, as you can see in the one picture of the original, the eye hole just let the pinball through, the plate just held the ball.

It would be possible to use the original plate, but since the hole is a large oblong shape, the pinball will roll towards the inside, causing the bride to look cross eyed.

I didn't like that option either. So I made individual holes the same radius as the original, but made it where you could mount it with the posts, which remains to be seen how well it will hold up since the screws are just held in by the plastic posts. But I have provisions to allow mounting the original screws to help hold it together jic.

20161114_185219 (resized).jpg20161114_185219 (resized).jpg

20161114_185238 (resized).jpg20161114_185238 (resized).jpg

20161114_185307 (resized).jpg20161114_185307 (resized).jpg

20161114_185332 (resized).jpg20161114_185332 (resized).jpg

#1104 7 years ago

Here's how the old plate mounted.

bopfaces10 (resized).jpgbopfaces10 (resized).jpg

#1105 7 years ago
Quoted from Talon2000:

...the pinball will roll towards the inside, causing the bride to look cross eyed.
I didn't like that option either. So I made individual holes the same radius as the original, but made it where you could mount it with the posts, which remains to be seen how well it will hold up since the screws are just held in by the plastic posts. But I have provisions to allow mounting the original screws to help hold it together jic.

Could you solve the same problem using 3D-printed ABS instead of a metal plate?

#1106 7 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

CPR can't do the beveled edge on the holes, so in order to not have balls roll over the holes w/o stopping they needed to enlarge the holes. This leads to bride googly eyes. This can also lead to balls falling into the head (not the catchpan) if the head turns with a ball in the face holes. Its a poor design that we are stuck with, mostly because people don't like the yellowed guides. The faces are almost always fine. what is needed is replacement guides.

#1107 7 years ago
Quoted from volcanodiver:

....Its a poor design that we are stuck with, mostly because people don't like the yellowed guides. The faces are almost always fine. what is needed is replacement guides.

Are you sure the guides are really the reason? Because the guides have been available here for a while as far as I know: http://littleshopofgames.com/product/bop-face-guides-set/

#1108 7 years ago
Quoted from Fourbyracer:

Are you sure the guides are really the reason? Because the guides have been available here for a while as far as I know: http://littleshopofgames.com/product/bop-face-guides-set/

interesting, never saw these. Wonder when they came out, in relation to the faces. Might look into these.

#1109 7 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Could you solve the same problem using 3D-printed ABS instead of a metal plate?

I'm not exactly sure how much room the mechs inside will give you when it rotates. So it probably can't be to think. Might be able to do it with 1/8 acrylic plate.

I've also thought about making a clear beveled insert, but that would have to be glued in, and might screw up the art work if not very careful.

#1110 7 years ago

CPR can't do the beveled edge on the holes, so in order to not have balls roll over the holes w/o stopping they needed to enlarge the holes. This leads to bride googly eyes. This can also lead to balls falling into the head (not the catchpan) if the head turns with a ball in the face holes. Its a poor design that we are stuck with, mostly because people don't like the yellowed guides. The faces are almost always fine. what is needed is replacement guides.

Stuck with, but there are solutions. My faces had scratched artwork, and poor touch ups. Not sure why, previous owner didn't take care of them when working on mechs.

#1111 7 years ago
Quoted from Fourbyracer:

wow ! i never knew this. still would go with the new faces. the colors are nice and bright and almost have wet look to them.

#1112 7 years ago

Could you use a step drill bit to get a bevel on the eye holes? Or is that not worth the trouble?

#1113 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Could you use a step drill bit to get a bevel on the eye holes? Or is that not worth the trouble?

They could have beveled the edges, well they could have had it done that is. Since they obviously are not setup to do it. Hell I could have done it with a router once the hole was cut "To the correct size"

It's just not caring enough to produce the best product they could have.

#1114 7 years ago
Quoted from Fourbyracer:

I just bought them but the shipping is $10.65 to MN.

#1115 7 years ago

I put new faces, ramps, plastics, switches, targets, playfield, 2.0 decals and I don't have 2.0 yet. Clearcoated cabinet, all chrome.

IMG_6652 (resized).JPGIMG_6652 (resized).JPG

IMG_6662 (resized).JPGIMG_6662 (resized).JPG

IMG_6663 (resized).JPGIMG_6663 (resized).JPG

IMG_6678 (resized).JPGIMG_6678 (resized).JPG

IMG_6742 (resized).JPGIMG_6742 (resized).JPG

IMG_6743 (resized).JPGIMG_6743 (resized).JPG

IMG_6752 (resized).JPGIMG_6752 (resized).JPG

IMG_6962 (resized).JPGIMG_6962 (resized).JPG

IMG_6963 (resized).JPGIMG_6963 (resized).JPG

IMG_6968 (resized).JPGIMG_6968 (resized).JPG

IMG_6971 (resized).JPGIMG_6971 (resized).JPG

IMG_6972 (resized).JPGIMG_6972 (resized).JPG

IMG_6973 (resized).JPGIMG_6973 (resized).JPG

IMG_6982 (resized).JPGIMG_6982 (resized).JPG

#1116 7 years ago

The metal plate behind the faces solves the problem though, so that seems to me to be a great solution with the new faces. I've heard two ways to solve it, one is to double-sided tape the original plates, the other create a new plate. I'm game for either way, but if Talon2000 has a solution that works, it might be worth looking into manufacturing it.

@talon2000, if you find your system works, I could probably generate a STL file for 3D printing a thin, lightweight solution that just adheres to the bottom. The weight of the balls wouldn't be enough for it to fall out with the right tape, and ABS plastic could work really well. I could also print it with the holes in the right location as well, if tape isn't your thing. I'm happy to give it a shot on mine once I get there (I haven't started the playfield swap yet, give me a couple weeks, I'm OCD about the cabinet being ready).

#1117 7 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

I put new faces, ramps, plastics, switches, targets, playfield, 2.0 decals and I don't have 2.0 yet. Clearcoated cabinet, all chrome.

That's beautiful. Now all ya need is a lit start button, beatmasters shooter housing light up and my Leg Light-Ups, either 2 or 4 legs.

#1118 7 years ago

Actually, come to think of it, I could 3D print a beveled plate.

#1119 7 years ago

Couple more

IMG_6706 (resized).JPGIMG_6706 (resized).JPG

IMG_6707 (resized).JPGIMG_6707 (resized).JPG

IMG_6711 (resized).JPGIMG_6711 (resized).JPG

IMG_6874 (resized).JPGIMG_6874 (resized).JPG

IMG_6878 (resized).JPGIMG_6878 (resized).JPG

IMG_6882 (resized).JPGIMG_6882 (resized).JPG

#1120 7 years ago

Every time I see those black decals all I can think is how everyone bitches when an EM gets painted over. This is the new EM paint job, expect this is not able to be fixed back to original like can often be done to EMs.

#1121 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

You can try but it's find to be a nightmare getting a clean clear edge. Actually no you can't, the holes are already to big, beveling won't help. The holes would need to have the same circumference. If just polish the clear side of the originals and not have googly eyes.

#1122 7 years ago

Every time I see those black decals all I can think is how everyone bitches when an EM gets painted over. This is the new EM paint job, expect this is not able to be fixed back to original like can often be done to EMs.

They aren't black.

#1123 7 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Actually, come to think of it, I could 3D print a beveled plate.

If they get manufactured, I'd be in to buy one.

#1124 7 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

If they get manufactured, I'd be in to buy one.

Once I tear down my playfield and have access to the original plate, I'll do some measurements and see what it would take for my son to design a replacement that incorporates a bevel. We made those adapter brackets for the new style leg brackets and they work like a charm, I don't see why we couldn't make these. That is, unless the metal serves some other structural purpose that I don't understand where the ABS wouldn't work.

#1125 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

They aren't black.

What color do your call the head and back half of the cabinet? Pics look black. Then there's also the full black background version ones too. Either way is your games, but you are killing the originals with no hope of getting it back. At least on the EMs the paint could sometimes be stripped back to the original paint. I'm sure those people thought their new paint jobs were awesome too.

#1126 7 years ago

What color do your call the head and back half of the cabinet? Pics look black. Then there's also the full black background version ones too. Either way is your games, but you are killing the originals with no hope of getting it back. At least on the EMs the paint could sometimes be stripped back to the original paint. I'm sure those people thought their new paint jobs were awesome too.

They are blue and purple with a little bit of black, I have them. The decals can be stripped off no problem and originals can be put back on a lot easier then doing a multi color stencel paint job. Do you have the game? I don't see you listing any.

#1127 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

They are blue and purple with a little bit of black, I have them. The decals can be stripped off no problem and originals can be put back on a lot easier then doing a multi color stencel paint job. Do you have the game? I don't see you listing any.

You can never put back the original decals, they aren't decals. I have BoP, maybe 2.0 maybe not, and numerous other games, I chose not to list any of my games. Purple cab and head, not the mismatched blue head but there's nothing wrong with that either. I don't need to wave my d!ck around so everyone can see it.

20161116_092229 (resized).jpg20161116_092229 (resized).jpg

#1128 7 years ago

I don't need to wave my d!ck around so everyone can see it.

Man talk about a "dick" post.

#1129 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Man talk about a "dick" post.

You're the one who questioned if I even have the game since I don't have it listed, not that that ownership makes an opinion more or less valid. I prefer to not wave my stuff around.

#1130 7 years ago

Yeah..............
So anyway, how about some pics lit up, tatman? She looks great!

#1131 7 years ago

I just bought a real nice toy at NASA store to get over the left ramp. Not the little mod we can find on some website...3 red diodes plugged on the flasher ramp. I'm pretty proud.

Also added lighted star post. This game looks great in purple/blue leds.

IMG_3208 (resized).JPGIMG_3208 (resized).JPG

IMG_3211 (resized).JPGIMG_3211 (resized).JPG

IMG_3213 (resized).JPGIMG_3213 (resized).JPG

#1132 7 years ago

The cabinet decals are striking. Where do detour get them?

#1133 7 years ago

Sorry. Where did you get the new cabinet decals?

#1135 7 years ago

CheezeW .... that is a huge space shuttle that you have there! The rest of the game looks very nice also.

#1136 7 years ago
Quoted from Cheese_WizardPQ:

I just bought a real nice toy at NASA store to get over the left ramp. Not the little mod we can find on some website...3 red diodes plugged on the flasher ramp. I'm pretty proud.
Also added lighted star post. This game looks great in purple/blue leds.

That's really lookin good. Did that model come with the lights? Got a link?

#1137 7 years ago

Thanks Catalize.
Not that big actually. Maybe..I don't know anymore

No it doest come with lights. It came with a watch battery inside plugged on a switch that makes space shuttle noise. I got rid of it and added 3 red diodes + resistance powered by the left ramp flasher.

Nice little Sunday afternoon project

Btw, I never really understood why there is a space shuttle in this game...Makes no sens

#1138 7 years ago

I never really understood why there is a space shuttle in this game

It's on the Translite image

#1139 7 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

It's on the Translite image

And on a plastic in the shooter lane...

And there are a hundred astronauts

... and it doesn't really need to make sense, your putting balls on a robots face to turn it into a real human girl.

#1140 7 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

a real human girl.

That says, "Yes, Yes, Yes"

#1141 7 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

That says, "Yes, Yes, Yes"

The robot says Yes, Yes, Yes . Haha

#1142 7 years ago

I never really understood why there is a space shuttle in this game...Makes no sens

Good question. My guess is the space shuttle program was big in the 80s. Maybe incorporatng a space shuttle in BoP sold more games!

#1143 7 years ago

Could have been a dinausor pitching balls at a robot. I'm ok with the space concept

#1144 7 years ago

I'm not sure why it was in the original game, but it's a key callout in 2.0. There's also a "Move your Shuttle" mode (like move your car in CFTBL). I'll ask John Trudeau.

#1145 7 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

I'm not sure why it was in the original game, but it's a key callout in 2.0. There's also a "Move your Shuttle" mode (like move your car in CFTBL). I'll ask John Trudeau.

John Trudeau just told me (over Instant Messenger) that Python was simply using it to indicate that it was a project in space. So there you are.

#1146 7 years ago

I dont see then there..

#1147 7 years ago

I am getting ready to replace the Shuttle ramp and the Heartbeat ramp tomorrow. Are there any hints, tips, tricks, etc. that you might offer a first timer in doing this? My digital camera and notepad are at the ready..... along with some misc. items like post rubbers to replace at the same time.

#1148 7 years ago
Quoted from Catalyze:

I am getting ready to replace the Shuttle ramp and the Heartbeat ramp tomorrow. Are there any hints, tips, tricks, etc. that you might offer a first timer in doing this? My digital camera and notepad are at the ready..... along with some misc. items like post rubbers to replace at the same time.

LEDs if you haven't already and wax the pf real good. Just remember to NOT over tighten the screws.

#1149 7 years ago

Hoping to join the club. Been collecting parts for a resto. PF and cab decals from PPS. CPR backglass and plastics. new ramps, faces, mini pf. Space shuttle, mod, Pinduino kit. Power supply upgrade. On the list from Cointaker for the 2.0 but don't know if I can shell out the 2 grand for that yet.

#1150 7 years ago
Quoted from Catalyze:

cliffys?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
$ 9.99
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
$ 9.95
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

3,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Firestone, CO
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,688 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 54.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-clubnon-20/page/23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.