2 (resized).jpg
20230107_193858 (resized).jpg
BOP_pinbot_values (resized).png
DSC06303 (resized).JPG
DSC06302 (resized).JPG
DSC06301 (resized).JPG
CE093284-D2E7-434C-94F7-231E5F890FC5 (resized).jpeg
20230730_133932 (resized).jpg
There are 2,688 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 54.
#1051 7 years ago

i sifted through the disaster that is internet mp3 search/downloading, and found a nice BOP music mp3. i set it as my ringtone. really cool. pm me your email if you want a copy.

#1052 7 years ago

Greetings to all! I purchased my Bride of Pinbot about 2 weeks ago after searching for several months. I found it through a round about path that ended up with me at a pinball bash party. Lo and behold..... there was the owner playing Indiana Jones. Chat lead to invitation to play his Bride the next week and that lead to a purchase!

The cabinet is pretty nice with a scuff on the Start decal and a back box corner scrape. It has new legs, coin door (new style), unbroken plastics, a good playfield, leg protectors, new rubber, and rebuilt flippers. On the flip side (is it Yang or Ying?)...... the ramps are broken at the entrances and 2 playfield scuffs at the habit trail/ramp drop points. All the features work just fine (including the face positions) and it kicks my butt with side drains. Working as intended. I hope that you will allow me to lurk and pop up with uninformed questions....this is my first and only pinball machine.

BOP1 (resized).JPGBOP1 (resized).JPG

DSCN2759 (resized).JPGDSCN2759 (resized).JPG

DSCN2758 (resized).JPGDSCN2758 (resized).JPG

#1053 7 years ago

Nice work - BOP was my first machine as well!

Question as I'm non 2.0, thinking of picking up a back glass vs current translite.
Anyone else go this route -thoughts?

#1054 7 years ago

I went the CPR backglass route. when the pin is off, the b/glass is awesome ,compared to the translite. but turned on the leds shine better thru the translite. But i love my CPR backglass and would never go back.you can always buy as brite led bulbs as you want. i prefer frosted white and a few color leds.

#1055 7 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

i sifted through the disaster that is internet mp3 search/downloading, and found a nice BOP music mp3. i set it as my ringtone. really cool. pm me your email if you want a copy.

Hey that's pretty cool.

#1056 7 years ago
Quoted from Catalyze:

Greetings to all! I purchased my Bride of Pinbot about 2 weeks ago after searching for several months. I found it through a round about path that ended up with me at a pinball bash party. Lo and behold..... there was the owner playing Indiana Jones. Chat lead to invitation to play his Bride the next week and that lead to a purchase!
The cabinet is pretty nice with a scuff on the Start decal and a back box corner scrape. It has new legs, coin door (new style), unbroken plastics, a good playfield, leg protectors, new rubber, and rebuilt flippers. On the flip side (is it Yang or Ying?)...... the ramps are broken at the entrances and 2 playfield scuffs at the habit trail/ramp drop points. All the features work just fine (including the face positions) and it kicks my butt with side drains. Working as intended. I hope that you will allow me to lurk and pop up with uninformed questions....this is my first and only pinball machine.

Hey Welcome to the club, I hope ya got it at a good price. The ramps are still available, but I can't remember from where just now. Your welcome to come back and ask all the questions you want, lots of guys here know a lot more then me.

#1057 7 years ago
Quoted from nightsearcher:

I went the CPR backglass route. when the pin is off, the b/glass is awesome ,compared to the translite. but turned on the leds shine better thru the translite. But i love my CPR backglass and would never go back.you can always buy as brite led bulbs as you want. i prefer frosted white and a few color leds.

I've got the CPR glass too and really like it but it's very spendy.

#1058 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

The ramps are still available

Starship Fantasy? .........YUP. just checked, IN STOCK

#1059 7 years ago

I have several things that I would like to replace on my machine. It looks to be a matter of practicality for me. The ramps need to be replaced for the machine to work well, so I just ordered the set from Starship Fantasy. There are only so many out there and with folks replacing playfields, they seem to be the first to go. The helmets are already gone (and mine has a tab or two that are suspect) so I will hope for a new run of them in the future. I would like to replace my translite with a true backglass, but with a budget, the ramps need to come first.

#1060 7 years ago

I really like my translite , it looks perfect, so my vote is good on it.

GET PINDUINO!
Nuff said

#1061 7 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Starship Fantasy? .........YUP. just checked, IN STOCK

Thanks Paul, the name just escaped me at the time.

#1062 7 years ago
Quoted from Catalyze:

I have several things that I would like to replace on my machine. It looks to be a matter of practicality for me. The ramps need to be replaced for the machine to work well, so I just ordered the set from Starship Fantasy. There are only so many out there and with folks replacing playfields, they seem to be the first to go. The helmets are already gone (and mine has a tab or two that are suspect) so I will hope for a new run of them in the future. I would like to replace my translite with a true backglass, but with a budget, the ramps need to come first.

That's good you got the ramps. Did ya get the mini playfield too? If yours is original a new one is a must before they are gone too.

#1063 7 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I really like my translite , it looks perfect, so my vote is good on it.
GET PINDUINO!
Nuff said

Let me know if anyone needs a pinduino kit for BoP -- I have two ready to ship.

#1064 7 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

What does that do again, I can't remember.

#1065 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

What does that do again, I can't remember.

Here is one of several youtube videos showing how PINDUINO lights up the shuttle ramp and also the faces. Great mod, and I love mine. Eric (Lyonsden) is first rate to deal with as well!

#1066 7 years ago

I would like to replace the helmet lights with LED's and also the ones behind the translite. On a bone stock BoP running L-5:

1. Which LED's will work without ghosting in the helmet? Since it isn't affected by patched ROM's, I would be grateful for what specific LED brand will work nicely.

2. Will LED's work well behind the translite without going to a patched ROM or is it a necessity to run a patched L-6?
Once again, I am depending on folks for advice since I am so new at this.
Thanks!

#1068 7 years ago
Quoted from Fourbyracer:

Here is one of several youtube videos showing how PINDUINO lights up the shuttle ramp and also the faces. Great mod, and I love mine. Eric (Lyonsden) is first rate to deal with as well!
» YouTube video

that's stunning ! if i still had my bride i would be all over that !

#1069 7 years ago

gents, i have a game play question. almost every time i hit that dumb micro orbit to the right of the chute to the pop bumpers, underneath the zigzag ramp, it will come down and bounce perfectly off my slingshot rubber over into the outlane drain. is that the way it was designed? seems pretty cheesy.

#1070 7 years ago

Mine just barely slides down the slingshot rubber to the end of the right hand flipper. It is a close angle but it doesn't quite touch the slingshot. Maybe your not quite level side to side.....just a thought. Good luck!

#1071 7 years ago

Has anybody put a full lexan playfield protector from Germany on their repro or original playfield yet?

#1072 7 years ago

Has anybody put a full lexan playfield protector from Germany on their repro or original playfield yet?

I've been thinking about it for my new pf.

#1073 7 years ago

Have it in the house and ready to go. Won't have time to install for quite a while yet.
Decided to install one since the game has needed a full shop job since I picked it up and might as well while everything is apart for cleaning.

#1074 7 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Have it in the house and ready to go. Won't have time to install for quite a while yet.
Decided to install one since the game has needed a full shop job since I picked it up and might as well while everything is apart for cleaning.

Cool, can't wait to hear how it comes out.

#1075 7 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

How much? I must have missed the price in the thread.

#1076 7 years ago
Quoted from lilltlc:

How much? I must have missed the price in the thread.

I sell Plug and Play kits for $150 shipped in the continental US. For shipping to other places, I need to check the prices first.

Instructions on how to install them (which has the build parts listed at the top that I use for assembly for anyone who wants to make their own): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MLP6dfrXEHKzagEaGHgIDAJDE9ru7fXbJFnbxBFeEaE/edit

Code (free and open source): https://github.com/elyons/professor_pinball_pinduino_sketches

Just PM me or post in the pinduino thread if you have any questions: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/update-arduino-shield-propin-pinhead

#1077 7 years ago

Hi! Here is mine BoP, i added some mods, i will share video soon

received_10206482086227094 (resized).jpegreceived_10206482086227094 (resized).jpeg

received_10206482085227069 (resized).jpegreceived_10206482085227069 (resized).jpeg

#1078 7 years ago

I'm getting the sense there has been little confidence here about the helmet bulbs and changing them to LEDs. If I've read right, the LED/GI OCD mods work for the rest of the game, but not for the helmet. If they are left incandescent, will it blow the LED OCD fuses? If made LED, will they flicker or ghost?

#1079 7 years ago

Here it is

#1080 7 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

I'm getting the sense there has been little confidence here about the helmet bulbs and changing them to LEDs. If I've read right, the LED/GI OCD mods work for the rest of the game, but not for the helmet. If they are left incandescent, will it blow the LED OCD fuses? If made LED, will they flicker or ghost?

I've got cointaker frosted premium in my brides helmet and they do not ghost what so ever. Don't know anything about the ocd.

#1081 7 years ago
Quoted from Hadji:

Hi! Here is mine BoP, i added some mods, i will share video soon

Looks nice but I don't see any mods.

#1082 7 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

I left mine red incandescent and have the OCD board and there's no problem. The OCD board doesn't effect the helmet lights at all, they are on a different circuit.

#1083 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Looks nice but I don't see any mods

Yeah there is......4 balls stuck behind the apron

#1084 7 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Lol, watch the video

#1085 7 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

hahahahahahahahahaha

#1086 7 years ago

Edit. Well I found that you aren't supposed to use the metal guides according to CPR, however the holes are much larger than original, and result in the balls not sitting right in the face plastics. That sucks.

Ok, so today I'm working on replacing the face plastics with the new CPR ones. Drilling the holes and mounting the metal ball rest plate was straight forward on the mouth face. However on the Eye lock face, the countersink screws are mounted under the plastic ball guides. My search of the forum hasn't resulted in finding a post on how you guys are drilling the holes for the metal ball rests on the eye face.

How have you guys done this?

#1087 7 years ago
Quoted from Talon2000:

Edit. Well I found that you aren't supposed to use the metal guides according to CPR, however the holes are much larger than original, and result in the balls not sitting right in the face plastics. That sucks.
Ok, so today I'm working on replacing the face plastics with the new CPR ones. Drilling the holes and mounting the metal ball rest plate was straight forward on the mouth face. However on the Eye lock face, the countersink screws are mounted under the plastic ball guides. My search of the forum hasn't resulted in finding a post on how you guys are drilling the holes for the metal ball rests on the eye face.

Maybe try drilling holes new holes in the metal plate that miss the new plastic ball guides?

#1088 7 years ago
Quoted from Talon2000:

reusing the metal plates are a must no matter what CPR says! i used 2 sided 3m tape to mount mine. no drilling required .

#1089 7 years ago

Plastic protectors?

My bride's plastics are mostly intact and looking good (except for a broken one under left flasher and to right of shuttle ramp). Are protectors worthwhile? They're not all that expensive, but given that the plastics have already survived for so long are they necessary? Thanks for any opinions!

#1090 7 years ago

I'm just going to cut a new plate, relocating the holes, and making the oblong holes an individual hole for each eye. So everything will mount up similar to original. That way everything has a clean look and actually functions.

#1091 7 years ago
Quoted from tfduda:

Plastic protectors?
My bride's plastics are mostly intact and looking good (except for a broken one under left flasher and to right of shuttle ramp). Are protectors worthwhile? They're not all that expensive, but given that the plastics have already survived for so long are they necessary? Thanks for any opinions!

I've not gotten a broken plastic from not having a protector on but I have them on most of my games and think of them as cheap insurance that look nice. What can crack plastics is over tightning the screws that hold them on. Just snug them down to finger tight is all you need.

#1092 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I've not gotten a broken plastic from not having a protector on but I have them on most of my games and think of them as cheap insurance that look nice. What can crack plastics is over tightning the screws that hold them on. Just snug them down to finger tight is all you need.

I was thinking the same about their utility ("cheap insurance"). I imagine it comes down to personal preference, but do they alter the aesthetics of the game (that is, are they noticeable or gaudy looking)?

And thanks for the advice on tightening screws.

#1093 7 years ago
Quoted from tfduda:

I was thinking the same about their utility ("cheap insurance"). I imagine it comes down to personal preference, but do they alter the aesthetics of the game (that is, are they noticeable or gaudy looking)?
And thanks for the advice on tightening screws.

Personally, I install protecters on all my games. Aestheticly, I like the look. I hate seeing fender washers or those round plastic washers that are sold to protect the slings.

#1094 7 years ago
Quoted from tfduda:

That's up to the individual to judge, just like anything pinball related.

#1095 7 years ago

Rubber colors?

What are the original rubber colors for BoP? Manual says yellow and black post sleeves (three and two if I remember right), but I didn't see any reference for rubber colors elsewhere. Mine has a combo of mostly white rubbers, but also a couple of black and purple rubber post caps, purple bands on flippers (I usually see red on flippers in most other BoPs I've seen) and purple post sleeves. I'm happy with things as they are, but am just curious about what the machine had originally.

Thanks!

#1096 7 years ago
Quoted from tfduda:

Rubber colors?
What are the original rubber colors for BoP? Manual says yellow and black post sleeves (three and two if I remember right), but I didn't see any reference for rubber colors elsewhere. Mine has a combo of mostly white rubbers, but also a couple of black and purple rubber post caps, purple bands on flippers (I usually see red on flippers in most other BoPs I've seen) and purple post sleeves. I'm happy with things as they are, but am just curious about what the machine had originally.
Thanks!

I recently bought a machine that it didnt look like had been fully shopped in a long time. Not sure they were the original color, but it had black rubbers on it with yellow posts. I changed all the rubbers to white which I think highlights the best on a mostly dark playfield. I changed the posts and flasher domes to purple. Flippers I changed to purple with white rubbers. Came out nice.

bop playfield latest (resized).jpgbop playfield latest (resized).jpg

#1097 7 years ago

Test fitting the new metal plate. I made it with lowered side mounting holes, and made it solid in the middle areas. Making room for the two holes to mount the posts to. Trying first by just using the two post screws, I'm not sure that will be strong enough over the long haul though.

20161114_184038 (resized).jpg20161114_184038 (resized).jpg

20161114_184020 (resized).jpg20161114_184020 (resized).jpg

#1098 7 years ago
Quoted from tfduda:

Rubber colors?
What are the original rubber colors for BoP?

I believe that the playfield (including mini playfield) rubbers are all white. There are 3 yellow post covers and 2 black post covers. The flippers are both white with red rubbers. The plastic playfield flasher domes are all red.

#1099 7 years ago

Fourbyracer ..... That is a very nice looking machine that you have! The color choice is nicely done and blends well.

#1100 7 years ago

Looks awesome Fourbyracer

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Albany, NY
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 9.99
$ 27.95
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,688 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 54.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-clubnon-20/page/22?hl=catalyze and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.