2 (resized).jpg
20230107_193858 (resized).jpg
BOP_pinbot_values (resized).png
DSC06303 (resized).JPG
DSC06302 (resized).JPG
DSC06301 (resized).JPG
CE093284-D2E7-434C-94F7-231E5F890FC5 (resized).jpeg
20230730_133932 (resized).jpg
There are 2,688 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 54.
#1001 7 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I'm missing a part... Anyone know a source for the rail protector at the shooter lane?

If no-one has that part spare i'm pretty sure it wouldn't be too hard to make.

#1002 7 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

If no-one has that part spare i'm pretty sure it wouldn't be too hard to make.

After I realized he was talking about a different part than I found, I told him the same thing. I told him to hit up Cliffy first as I think that would be right up his alley!

#1003 7 years ago

Here I have it
Please send me an email to [email protected]
10 Euro including shipping with airmail.
Regards from Hamburg
Peter

IMG_7854 (resized).JPGIMG_7854 (resized).JPG

#1004 7 years ago

I personally might have this much money in my BOP 2.0 but when did BOP become an over $8K game?

ebay.com link: Williams The Machine Bride of Pinbot Pinball Rotisserie Restoration

#1005 7 years ago

Anyone know where I can find a repro left ramp?

#1006 7 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Anyone know where I can find a repro left ramp?

http://www.starship-fantasy.com/ramps/The-Machine-Bride-of-Pinbot-Left-Ramp

(Always go to the source first).

#1007 7 years ago
Quoted from Buthamburg:

Quoted from Buthamburg:

Here I have it
10 Euro including shipping with airmail.
Regards from Hamburg
Peter

Email Sent , Thank you guys! and Peter!

#1008 7 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

I personally might have this much money in my BOP 2.0 but when did BOP become an over $8K game?
ebay.com link » Williams The Machine Bride Of Pinbot Pinball Rotisserie Restoration

Like never.

#1009 7 years ago

Agreed, but maybe someone will be dumb enough to pay 8k for a nice restored one?

I could see 6, but not 8 unless you don't care about burning money

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png

#1010 7 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Agreed, but maybe someone will be dumb enough to pay 8k for a nice restored one?
I could see 6, but not 8 unless you don't care about burning money

I know I have more than $6k in my BOP 2.0 and it is in pieces right now. I didn't spend that because I intend to profit; actually, I know I'd never see a lot of that money again if i HAD to sell it. It's a hobby and it costs to have things your way. And we spend it because it is a hobby. As nice as the eBay game is, I think it's still a $4500 game tops. Regardless on what it cost to restore or the time it took.

#1011 7 years ago

Does anyone have the dimensions of the translite?

#1012 7 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

I know I have more than $6k in my BOP 2.0 and it is in pieces right now. I didn't spend that because I intend to profit; actually, I know I'd never see a lot of that money again if i HAD to sell it. It's a hobby and it costs to have things your way. And we spend it because it is a hobby. As nice as the eBay game is, I think it's still a $4500 game tops. Regardless on what it cost to restore or the time it took.

The way yours will be when your done I'd say 6-6.5k is tops. We're talking 2 games in one here.

#1013 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

The way yours will be when your done I'd say 6-6.5k is tops. We're talking 2 games in one here.

And you know what? I'd be happy getting my money out of it but I'm anticipating it not happening. I really can't wait to finish it though. It's soooo close and that Mike Chestnut chrome is soooo shiny!

I'm currently doing BOP playfield stuff like a new plastics set, head motor, and a cleaning without removing the guides. It had a full cleaning 2 years ago. The playfield might be done this week and I'll be ready to get it back in the new cabinet.

#1014 7 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

that Mike Chestnut chrome is soooo shiny!

+1 on that...

#1015 7 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

And you know what? I'd be happy getting my money out of it but I'm anticipating it not happening. I really can't wait to finish it though. It's soooo close and that Mike Chestnut chrome is soooo shiny!
I'm currently doing BOP playfield stuff like a new plastics set, head motor, and a cleaning without removing the guides. It had a full cleaning 2 years ago. The playfield might be done this week and I'll be ready to get it back in the new cabinet.

All that chrome and everything, that's why I said the price I said. I'm getting the chrome on mine when I redo my game too.

1 week later
#1016 7 years ago

Looking for sideart decal options. I know PPS, BAA, and I believe Marco carry the Next Gen. But from what I've seen on other titles the texture is way off. So I'm looking for a set of art that has a smooth semi gloss to it.

What all has everyone put on their machines.

#1017 7 years ago

Just picked this up a few weeks ago. Cabinet is roughf , playfield is not to bad. Has broken ramps. Was a expo last week and bought all new plastics, ramps, faces, switches, playfield. Started with playfield. Polished all the metal and replacing everything. I ordered new decals.

IMG_6498 (resized).JPGIMG_6498 (resized).JPG

IMG_6499 (resized).JPGIMG_6499 (resized).JPG

IMG_6573 (resized).JPGIMG_6573 (resized).JPG

IMG_6574 (resized).JPGIMG_6574 (resized).JPG

IMG_6575 (resized).JPGIMG_6575 (resized).JPG

#1018 7 years ago

I started redoing the playfield until I found a new one. The old one I cleaned, removed Mylar, touched up and cleared.

IMG_6492 (resized).JPGIMG_6492 (resized).JPG

IMG_6487 (resized).PNGIMG_6487 (resized).PNG

IMG_6577 (resized).JPGIMG_6577 (resized).JPG

IMG_6610 (resized).JPGIMG_6610 (resized).JPG

IMG_6578 (resized).JPGIMG_6578 (resized).JPG

IMG_6600 (resized).JPGIMG_6600 (resized).JPG

IMG_6611 (resized).JPGIMG_6611 (resized).JPG

#1019 7 years ago

Then I found this.

IMG_6639 (resized).JPGIMG_6639 (resized).JPG

IMG_6640 (resized).JPGIMG_6640 (resized).JPG

IMG_6642 (resized).JPGIMG_6642 (resized).JPG

#1020 7 years ago

Reassemble everything and replaced , plastics, ramps, faces,polished all metal.

IMG_6645 (resized).JPGIMG_6645 (resized).JPG

IMG_6648 (resized).JPGIMG_6648 (resized).JPG

IMG_6646 (resized).JPGIMG_6646 (resized).JPG

IMG_6649 (resized).JPGIMG_6649 (resized).JPG

IMG_6650 (resized).JPGIMG_6650 (resized).JPG

IMG_6651 (resized).JPGIMG_6651 (resized).JPG

IMG_6662 (resized).JPGIMG_6662 (resized).JPG

IMG_6663 (resized).JPGIMG_6663 (resized).JPG

#1021 7 years ago

More pics

IMG_6672 (resized).JPGIMG_6672 (resized).JPG

IMG_6673 (resized).JPGIMG_6673 (resized).JPG

IMG_6674 (resized).JPGIMG_6674 (resized).JPG

IMG_6675 (resized).JPGIMG_6675 (resized).JPG

IMG_6676 (resized).JPGIMG_6676 (resized).JPG

IMG_6677 (resized).JPGIMG_6677 (resized).JPG

IMG_6678 (resized).JPGIMG_6678 (resized).JPG

IMG_6679 (resized).JPGIMG_6679 (resized).JPG

IMG_6680 (resized).JPGIMG_6680 (resized).JPG

IMG_6681 (resized).JPGIMG_6681 (resized).JPG

IMG_6682 (resized).JPGIMG_6682 (resized).JPG

#1022 7 years ago
Quoted from Talon2000:

Looking for sideart decal options. I know PPS, BAA, and I believe Marco carry the Next Gen. But from what I've seen on other titles the texture is way off. So I'm looking for a set of art that has a smooth semi gloss to it.
What all has everyone put on their machines.

You could take those to a sign shop and have a laminate applied to them.

#1023 7 years ago

You always do such great work. I just don't know how you can find the time.

#1024 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

You always do such great work. I just don't know how you can find the time.

Thanks Paul

#1025 7 years ago

what would cause the ball not to make it up to the pop bumper area after the skill shot? happens ~5% of the time, i'd guess, so not a big deal.

#1026 7 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

what would cause the ball not to make it up to the pop bumper area after the skill shot? happens ~5% of the time, i'd guess, so not a big deal.

meaning not enough energy from the kicker to clear the gate and then having to kick it again?

#1027 7 years ago

yeah, i think so. i'll check it out. i was just posting; see what came back.

either it's weak, it's rattling around in the chute too much or the ball is getting back in under the gate. it'll be hard to duplicate; i know that.

#1028 7 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

yeah, i think so. i'll check it out. i was just posting; see what came back.
either it's weak, it's rattling around in the chute too much or the ball is getting back in under the gate. it'll be hard to duplicate; i know that.

mine will occasionally sneak back down the lane when in the pops...either my gate is getting caught up on something once in a while or the gate is getting bounced around enough to let the ball slide under it during heavy action.

#1029 7 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

mine will occasionally sneak back down the lane when in the pops...either my gate is getting caught up on something once in a while or the gate is getting bounced around enough to let the ball slide under it during heavy action.

Same thing occasionally happens with mine (~5% of time sounds right).

#1030 7 years ago
Quoted from tfduda:

Same thing occasionally happens with mine (~5% of time sounds right).

Mine too. I just watched mine very closely for 5 balls and it hits the end of a rubber on the Pinbot playfield. Its on the right, just after the gate. I think sometimes it hits it just right and the gate is still open and it comes back down--but haven't seen it happen yet. Guess it would be pretty easy to stand there and fire balls till it did. That issue has never made it to the top of my list though!

#1031 7 years ago

okay, i feel a little better now.

#1032 7 years ago

Hey everyone, I was wondering if someone could help me out. I recently bought a BoP that needed a little love. I got a reproduction plastic set and noticed that there were two plastic pieces that mine did not possess when I bought it. I've searched through the manual, but I just can't seem to find where they go. Could someone point me in the direction of how to find where to put these two pieces? Pictures are attached.

Also... out of curiosity... am I just missing this completely in the manual? I've been known to overlook things in the past, but I feel like I've gone through this thing a number of times.

Thanks a bunch!

Screen Shot 2016-10-26 at 11.53.13 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2016-10-26 at 11.53.13 AM (resized).png

BoPset (resized).jpgBoPset (resized).jpg

#1033 7 years ago

Its 2 copies of the plastic that covers the 3 star posts above the pops, under the mini pf

#1034 7 years ago
Quoted from Crater:

Hey everyone, I was wondering if someone could help me out. I recently bought a BoP that needed a little love. I got a reproduction plastic set and noticed that there were two plastic pieces that mine did not possess when I bought it. I've searched through the manual, but I just can't seem to find where they go.....

Very hard to take a picture of but here it is. Very top of playfield, just like volcanodiver said.

Pinbot Playfield (resized).jpgPinbot Playfield (resized).jpg

#1035 7 years ago
Quoted from volcanodiver:

Its 2 copies of the plastic that covers the 3 star posts above the pops, under the mini pf

Quoted from Fourbyracer:

Very hard to take a picture of but here it is. Very top of playfield, just like volcanodiver said.

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the help!

Cheers!

#1036 7 years ago

Did the playfield last week. This week I put 2.0 decals on. Hope to buy a kit if I can get one. Cabinet I sanded down cabinet and primed it, then painted it. Clear coated the cabinet before decals. Applyed decals. Clear coated over decals, wet sanded and cleared again. Will sand and clear one more coat. More work then I was planing on. Cabinet is crazy .

IMG_6746 (resized).JPGIMG_6746 (resized).JPG

IMG_6752 (resized).JPGIMG_6752 (resized).JPG

IMG_6753 (resized).JPGIMG_6753 (resized).JPG

IMG_6754 (resized).JPGIMG_6754 (resized).JPG

IMG_6755 (resized).JPGIMG_6755 (resized).JPG

IMG_6761 (resized).JPGIMG_6761 (resized).JPG

IMG_6762 (resized).JPGIMG_6762 (resized).JPG

IMG_6763 (resized).JPGIMG_6763 (resized).JPG

IMG_6767 (resized).JPGIMG_6767 (resized).JPG

IMG_6768 (resized).JPGIMG_6768 (resized).JPG

IMG_6769 (resized).JPGIMG_6769 (resized).JPG

IMG_6742 (resized).JPGIMG_6742 (resized).JPG

IMG_6743 (resized).JPGIMG_6743 (resized).JPG

#1037 7 years ago

Decals installed.

IMG_6773 (resized).JPGIMG_6773 (resized).JPG

IMG_6774 (resized).JPGIMG_6774 (resized).JPG

IMG_6775 (resized).JPGIMG_6775 (resized).JPG

IMG_6776 (resized).JPGIMG_6776 (resized).JPG

#1038 7 years ago

Clear coated over decals.

IMG_6779 (resized).JPGIMG_6779 (resized).JPG

IMG_6782 (resized).JPGIMG_6782 (resized).JPG

IMG_6783 (resized).JPGIMG_6783 (resized).JPG

IMG_6785 (resized).JPGIMG_6785 (resized).JPG

IMG_6786 (resized).JPGIMG_6786 (resized).JPG

IMG_6787 (resized).JPGIMG_6787 (resized).JPG

IMG_6789 (resized).JPGIMG_6789 (resized).JPG

IMG_6791 (resized).JPGIMG_6791 (resized).JPG

IMG_6792 (resized).JPGIMG_6792 (resized).JPG

IMG_6794 (resized).JPGIMG_6794 (resized).JPG

IMG_6796 (resized).JPGIMG_6796 (resized).JPG

IMG_6797 (resized).JPGIMG_6797 (resized).JPG

IMG_6798 (resized).JPGIMG_6798 (resized).JPG

IMG_6799 (resized).JPGIMG_6799 (resized).JPG

#1039 7 years ago

Clearing over decals... That looks amazing. What kind of clear are you using?

#1040 7 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Clearing over decals... That looks amazing. What kind of clear are you using?

Auto DuPont chromo clear.

#1041 7 years ago

That is crazy cool tatman. I'll have to talk to my body guy about clearing mine.

#1042 7 years ago

Just saw this surface on ebay:

poem (resized).jpgpoem (resized).jpg

#1043 7 years ago

That's pretty cool, and Python wrote it too.

#1044 7 years ago

Question for you guys. What do you think of copper/gold armor and legs on the game instead of chrome? The cab and bb will have the different decals on it not the original art.

#1045 7 years ago

My take: silver/chrome works better with the space/robot theme than gold/brass.

#1046 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Just saw this surface on ebay:

We're trying to come up with the origin of this plastic. Python was selling this on paper at shows. As far as we knew, there was never a plastic of it made. We wonder if the part number was added to make it look official. If anyone knows the history of this plastic, please PM me.

#1047 7 years ago

Just completely rebuilt my flippers--all parts, because they seemed a tad weak. Lets just say my previous high score had been 21 Million and I hadn't completed the faces before (game is set on factory settings) and have played about 100 games. My first game with new flippers, 89 Million, completed the faces for 50 million, and was within 1 ball of completing them 3 other times. Even without the jackpot, I still about doubled my previous high score. You think re-building the flippers makes a new game? Holy cow!! So fast now, so much more awesome! Starting to make my High Speed seem like Low Speed though. lol

#1048 7 years ago

Did you also put new coils in and where they stronger coils??

#1049 7 years ago
Quoted from nightsearcher:

Did you also put new coils in and where they stronger coils??

Put new ones of exactly the same that is had in it--FL-11630. Here is a pic of what I replaced--its everything (a few items I replaced are not shown as these are only the old, possibly still usable parts--so the coil stops that were pretty hammered got dumped). The kit came from Pinball Wizard. The only thing that appears slightly different are the yellow capacitors. The old ones say "2.2K" and the new ones in the kit say "225k". Figure its just a typo and they look identical--who knows. Man does it ever work great. I am a believer in flipper kits now--made a huge difference in gameplay! Cheap enough, you might as well do all the parts. Dollar for dollar, easily the best "mod" I have ever done for any of my machines.

Flipper rebuild kit (resized).jpgFlipper rebuild kit (resized).jpg

#1050 7 years ago
Quoted from Fourbyracer:

Put new ones of exactly the same that is had in it--FL-11630. Here is a pic of what I replaced--its everything (a few items I replaced are not shown as these are only the old, possibly still usable parts--so the coil stops that were pretty hammered got dumped). The kit came from Pinball Wizard. The only thing that appears slightly different are the yellow capacitors. The old ones say "2.2K" and the new ones in the kit say "225k". Figure its just a typo and they look identical--who knows. Man does it ever work great. I am a believer in flipper kits now--made a huge difference in gameplay! Cheap enough, you might as well do all the parts. Dollar for dollar, easily the best "mod" I have ever done for any of my machines.

The caps are for spark suppression so the value can vary.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
3,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Firestone, CO
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 27.95
$ 9.95
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 9.99
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

There are 2,688 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 54.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-clubnon-20/page/21 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.