Topic Stats

• 1,792 posts
  • 162 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by Jakusu
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 656 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191119_192634 (resized).jpg
DSC04591 (resized).JPG
F1323392-63B4-4E07-864A-AB4F8A170E83 (resized).jpeg
20190916_131344 (resized).jpg
DSC04589 (resized).JPG
DSC04587 (resized).JPG
DSC04586 (resized).JPG
WIP_BOP 5 (resized).jpg
20191109_162618 (resized).jpg
20190210_081722 (resized).jpg
DSC04584 (resized).JPG
DSC04583 (resized).JPG
DSC04582 (resized).JPG
DSC04581 (resized).JPG
DSC04580 (resized).JPG
DSC04579 (resized).JPG

There are 1792 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 36.
#951 3 years ago

Thanks so very much Mancave!

#952 3 years ago
Quoted from tfduda:

Thanks so very much Mancave!

No worries at all, my BOP is still in bits waiting for the rebuild so it was easy to get to.

#953 3 years ago

Gate wire update:

Given the shape (blocks entire lane) and description (attaches to the wooden rail) for the gate wire that were provided by Mancave, it seems that the measurements are for the wire of the skill shot/pop bumper one way gate (to keep the ball from going back down to the skill shot area). The one that I am hoping to bend myself is for the gate leading down from the pop bumper area to the primary playfield (that is, the ramp just down and to the right of the heart ramp). Sorry for the poor description! What I understand is that the play field/pop bumper gate is one way only, the gate wire only extends through part of the left half of the gate and operates by preventing balls from coming straight down the left side of the ramp (which usually ends up in a drained ball) and constraining their fall instead to the right side of the ramp. With the measurements provided for the skill shot/pop bumper gate wire, I should at least be able to create a reasonable approximation of the play field/pop bumper gate wire.

#954 3 years ago

#A-14372
Williams wire ball gate assembly
Reference:
A-14372 assembly
01-10023 bracket
12-6962 wire gate
Weight: 8 oz

marco has this in stock. or just the wire gate if thats all your looking for. #12-6962
Wire ball gate.
Reference:
12-6962
Weight: 0.11 oz

#955 3 years ago

Marcos does have the wire gate but it's 12-6978 (wire gate leading to play field). I overlooked this earlier when I saw that they're currently out of the assembly. Luckily I only need the wire. Thanks mollyspub for the suggestion!

#956 3 years ago
Quoted from tfduda:

pop bumper area to the primary playfield (that is, the ramp just down and to the right of the heart ramp)

Ahhh Ok, the one attached to the right ramp (left side of it). I can get to that one even easier Have you got the rest of the assembly though? that gate activates a switch. Here's some pics to make sure this is what you need.

DSC02573 (resized).JPG

DSC02574 (resized).JPG

#957 3 years ago

Mancave--no, not that one either. I wish I had a foto, but the part number for the gate is A-14609. It is at the site below. Thanks again for your help!

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-14609

#958 3 years ago

Righto, gotcha this time! Yup, still no ink, lol. The measurement 26.5mm is most likely 27mm just like the opposite side but measuring that's what it looked like, when you look at the piece though it would be the same size both sides just my wire has a bit of a bend in it i think. The 14mm right hand section is again bent towards the camera and it would be bang on 45 degrees i'm tipping. The left hand 39 mm end is also slightly bent towards the camera (about the last 5 or 6mm at the tip), not sure if it's supposed to be like that as it's not like the piece can come out of the metal bar anyway. That left hand tip is also flattened somewhat about 2-3mm at the end, could be it was stuffed with by a previous owner, not sure. Anyway....so to charges, let's calculate ......part removal and re-attaching, labour, measurement surcharge, pen ink, eye strain......Ohhhh no charge for the printer ink as there was bugger all anyway Hope that helps Duda, should get you fixed up this time!

DSC02575 (resized).JPG

DSC02576 (resized).JPG

#959 3 years ago

tfduda....hang back, I may have an extra one of these. let me check tonight.

#961 3 years ago

Ok guys, looking to join the club again. Had one years ago that was HUO as the operator never routed it and sold it but time to get one back. I know these have gone way up from the days when this was a $600-$800 game but those days are long gone. So, what can I expect to pay for one that has new cabinet decals, new playfield, new ramps & plastics with full LED's? Not A HEP restoration but one done up with all that new stuff which would make it like the one I had!

#962 3 years ago
Quoted from Flipperfun:

Ok guys, looking to join the club again. Had one years ago that was HUO as the operator never routed it and sold it but time to get one back. I know these have gone way up from the days when this was a $600-$800 game but those days are long gone. So, what can I expect to pay for one that has new cabinet decals, new playfield, new ramps & plastics with full LED's? Not A HEP restoration but one done up with all that new stuff which would make it like the one I had!

im sure your gonna get answers all over the board but im gonna say 5k.

#963 3 years ago
Quoted from Flipperfun:

Well with that much big bucks new stuff on it I'd say 5-6k. Reason being if someone put that much time and expense into one he's probably gonna keep it forever and you'd have to offer him a lot to pry it out of his hands.

#964 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Well with that much big bucks new stuff on it I'd say 5-6k. Reason being if someone put that much time and expense into one he's probably gonna keep it forever and you'd have to offer him a lot to pry it out of his hands.

Agreed, a new pf demands a lot of new parts sometimes

#965 3 years ago

I'm gonna say you won't find a BOP with a new playfield, new ramps, new cabinet decals, etc. MustangPaul is about the only person I know that's got a fully rebuilt one, most of us are in some state of restoration and bought the reproduction playfields because we love the game so much, not to restore and sell it.

#966 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I'm gonna say you won't find a BOP with a new playfield, new ramps, new cabinet decals, etc. MustangPaul is about the only person I know that's got a fully rebuilt one, most of us are in some state of restoration and bought the reproduction playfields because we love the game so much, not to restore and sell it.

I wish. But no I don't have a fully rebuilt one, I have a bunch of new parts but that's about it.

#967 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I wish. But no I don't have a fully rebuilt one, I have a bunch of new parts but that's about it.

Same, i have an attractive pile of bits waiting for placement A forlorn looking playfield expectantly awaiting tear down, a still unfinished cab hanging out for the final coating of paint and a spiffy new playfield going ballistic in it's box wanting some love!

#968 3 years ago

Mine is pretty nice, but the pf is bubbly, got a new pf 8ft from it just calling me out

#969 3 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Same, i have an attractive pile of bits waiting for placement A forlorn looking playfield expectantly awaiting tear down, a still unfinished cab hanging out for the final coating of paint and a spiffy new playfield going ballistic in it's box wanting some love!

You have the solid oak side rails for it?

Quoted from Chosen_S:

Mine is pretty nice, but the pf is bubbly, got a new pf 8ft from it just calling me out

Same here but it's not all bad cuz I hear HER voice calling me.

#970 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

You have the solid oak side rails for it?

Nooo, where are they available from? I don't think i've even seen a post about them. Are they coated in black vinyl like the originals?

#971 3 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Nooo, where are they available from? I don't think i've even seen a post about them. Are they coated in black vinyl like the originals?

I make them and they are finished in black lacquer. I did some for Pinside member Burningman's beautiful 2.O restoration.

https://www.facebook.com/reeserails/

#972 3 years ago

Just ordered Taylor's rails, and received my repro playfield today from Peter. I can't stop looking at it.

IMG_3302 (resized).JPG
IMG_3304 (resized).JPG

#973 3 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I make them and they are finished in black lacquer. I did some for Pinside member Burningman's beautiful 2.O restoration.
https://www.facebook.com/reeserails/

There ya go Mancave. Thanks Taylor.

#974 3 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Just ordered Taylor's rails, and received my repro playfield today from Peter. I can't stop looking at it.

Great. How smooth are the edges of your inserts? I can feel many of my edges. Do you plan on adding any led's or led strips to the back of the pf?

#975 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Great. How smooth are the edges of your inserts? I can feel many of my edges. Do you plan on adding any led's or led strips to the back of the pf?

The edges are smooth to the best of my ability to feel. Perhaps you need another coat of clear?

Yes to LEDs, but not until I'm done restoring to the original condition.

#976 3 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

The edges are smooth to the best of my ability to feel. Perhaps you need another coat of clear?

I'm probably gonna send mine to Kruzman for more.

Quoted from jsa:

Yes to LEDs, but not until I'm done restoring to the original condition.

You may want to drill a good size hole back there for running wires and connectors then, that's what I'm gonna do. It won't hurt anything and you'll never see it.

#977 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I'm probably gonna send mine to Kruzman for more.

You may want to drill a good size hole back there for running wires and connectors then, that's what I'm gonna do. It won't hurt anything and you'll never see it.

I did the pinduino setup with the lights on the left ramp, there's enough color and lighting, I don't think I'm going to add any strips or sockets, to me it would take away from the effect of the LED work on the ramp, just my opinion.

also, if anyone does the pinduino setup, it will be much easier with the playfield out and the ramp and helmet already off, just FYI

#978 3 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I did the pinduino setup with the lights on the left ramp, there's enough color and lighting, I don't think I'm going to add any strips or sockets, to me it would take away from the effect of the LED work on the ramp, just my opinion.
also, if anyone does the pinduino setup, it will be much easier with the playfield out and the ramp and helmet already off, just FYI

I'd love to see what your setup looks like. Do you have any photo/video? Forgive me if it's earlier in the thread, I went through this already ages ago!

#979 3 years ago

Here's a link to what mine looks like almost exactly, not the greatest perspective but from a correct playing perspective it brightens up the game very nicely...

#980 3 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Here's a link to what mine looks like almost exactly, not the greatest perspective but from a correct playing perspective it brightens up the game very nicely...
ยป YouTube video

It does look pretty solid. I'm surprised there isn't an existing path for all of the LED additions to connect, though.

#981 3 years ago

would you guys say BOP has more in common with WPC or system11 games? i have all wpc, so a lot of parts for those. will i be buying a lot of new replaceables or should i be in pretty good shape?

#982 3 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

would you guys say BOP has more in common with WPC or system11 games? i have all wpc, so a lot of parts for those. will i be buying a lot of new replaceables or should i be in pretty good shape?

It is a WPC game, with WPC-era parts. It also depends upon what you have in stock and what you plan on replacing, so only you can answer that.

#983 3 years ago

hardware, mechanical stuff. i guess my question should have been is which system does it have more in common with. sounds like you're saying wpc for sure.

#984 3 years ago

About every 15 games my head will go the wrong way one position, then I'll have to reset the head in the menu and it will do the same in 15 games or so. I'm currently running L-6, any ideas?

#985 3 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

About every 15 games my head will go the wrong way one position, then I'll have to reset the head in the menu and it will do the same in 15 games or so. I'm currently running L-6, any ideas?

Reflow all the solider pads on the head relay under the playfield.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bride-of-pinbot-head-turns-wrong-way

#986 3 years ago

if i need an apron, should i be looking for BOP apron or system 11? they look pretty similar.

#987 3 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

if i need an apron, should i be looking for BOP apron or system 11? they look pretty similar.

Right now there is an entire Apron on ebay but I wouldnt pay that much. Where it differs from other system 11 games is it has metal wires all around the front side of it. The first group of WPC games had those. If you just need the stickers for it, BOP actually has the standard system 11 apron--that is nothing special as far as the name of the game or anything. You can find the entire sticker set for it here at Little Shop of Games: http://littleshopofgames.com/product/system-11-apron-decals/

I purchased that set and just needed the Williams logo. It is pretty close, but not the perfect size if you are applying it over the existing one. I cheated the logo up a little to cover and then the stripes had to be bent slightly down. Mine did come out good however when applied over my old one (that had scratches in the logo), and the lock bar pretty much covers the bottom stripes anyway so it works just fine.

I have the 2 side pieces (lane change) and the shooter sticker still unused if someone needs those. $5 each.

Good luck

IMG_20160929_065012 (resized).jpg

#988 3 years ago

is it impossible to remove the old decals or are they stenciled/painted on?

#990 3 years ago

I'm missing a part... Anyone know a source for the rail protector at the shooter lane?

image (resized).jpeg

#991 3 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I'm missing a part... Anyone know a source for the rail protector at the shooter lane?

let me check my stash tonight. I might have that piece Chosen

#992 3 years ago

Mine is not as pretty,but works like a charm,I have 9 pins and this is the one I most play

image (resized).jpg

#993 3 years ago

L5 installed. do i need to do anything before i go to L8? thought i read something about different chip sizes or something.

#994 3 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

L5 installed. do i need to do anything before i go to L8? thought i read something about different chip sizes or something.

Yes, you need to re-jumper your board for the larger EPROM chip size. http://www.thatpinballplace.com/documents/rejumpering_wpc_cpu.htm

#995 3 years ago
Quoted from robertg130:

Mine is not as pretty,but works like a charm,I have 9 pins and this is the one I most play

Looks like it could use a shop job or is that just the camera and lighting.

#996 3 years ago

My pintech came over today and installed my fixed driver board, a transistor had blown. All fixed now but the insert lights still looked like crap even with the OCD board installed so he took a look under the pf for something else. Sure enough he pointed out 3, 44 sockets that didn't have diode's on them, sometime in it's life the game had been hacked. He put diode's on and the inserts looked great, then he hooked up the OCD board and now it looks FANTASTIC! right out of the box.

Thanks for a GREAT product herg.

Here are some pictures of the sockets after the fix.

IMGA0797[1] (resized).JPG

IMGA0796[1] (resized).JPG

IMGA0795[1] (resized).JPG

#997 3 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

The part is called "Shooter Gauge Plate" apparently and Bay Area Amusements has new ones in stock. They are un-painted. So you paint it black, and I have the sticker you need that I will send to you for $5. Total investment looks to be under $20.

http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=BAA&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=SH-31-1009

Send me a PM if you want the gauge sticker.

#998 3 years ago
Quoted from Fourbyracer:

The part is called "Shooter Gauge Plate" apparently and Bay Area Amusements has new ones in stock. They are un-painted. So you paint it black, and I have the sticker you need that I will send to you for $5. Total investment looks to be under $20.
http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=BAA&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=SH-31-1009
Send me a PM if you want the gauge sticker.

Nope that's not the part, he's missing this.

IMGA0798[1] (resized).JPG

#999 3 years ago

bingo, and mine gets pounded.

#1000 3 years ago

Hi

Ill check, Im sure i have that part
Regards from Hamburg
Peter
www.buthamburg.de

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Colorado Springs, CO
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
There are 1792 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 36.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside