2 (resized).jpg
20230107_193858 (resized).jpg
BOP_pinbot_values (resized).png
DSC06303 (resized).JPG
DSC06302 (resized).JPG
DSC06301 (resized).JPG
CE093284-D2E7-434C-94F7-231E5F890FC5 (resized).jpeg
20230730_133932 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mustangpaul.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

442 posts in this topic match your search for posts by mustangpaul. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 8 years ago

Didn't find a BOP club so I thought I'd start one, so we wouldn't clog the 2.0 topic and see if there was any interest. I've had mine for over a year and is in good condition with some fade, dings and pf wear but it does have all new ramps, ramp stickers, skill shot plastic and stickers, helmet, new mini pf, Comet red top/white bottom pop cap led rings, new CPR back glass, new chrome legs, new speaker plastic panel, Laseriffic topper, is all led'd and plays with no errors.

I just got a used pf that's in great shape, no real paint loss on unmylar'd areas, some yellowing of whites on unmylar'd places, dirt trails in the unmylar'd paint, no raised inserts, some scuffing on unmylar'd inserts but those still have perfect decals and the inserts covered by mylar had some bubbling. I've read about removing mylar and no matter which method you use it's a crap shoot for pulling it and not having the decals come with it. So I just pulled up a corner and slowly pulled it off and to my surprise ALL the decals stayed put. What did I do wrong...I mean right...or did I just get lucky. All that's left is the sticky from the mylar. So when I remove the sticky with flour and alk. will that remove the decals??? That's the million dollar question.

Hope to see more of the BOP non 2.0 owners here.

Successful mylar pull, no heat or cold, just pulled.

IMGA0987.jpgIMGA0987.jpg

The rest of the pictures show what the bubbled mylar places looked like after the pull. The glue is shiny and where the bubbles were are dull and have no glue on them.
IMGA0988.jpgIMGA0988.jpg
IMGA0989.jpgIMGA0989.jpg
IMGA0990.jpgIMGA0990.jpg
IMGA0991.jpgIMGA0991.jpg
IMGA0992.jpgIMGA0992.jpg

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

Save some money?
It's something to do?

AND what we do as hobbyists...save what we can of the originals that are still out there. I haven't cleaned the pf yet but from what I can see now there are only 3 very small spots with missing paint.

IMGA0993.JPGIMGA0993.JPG
IMGA0994.JPGIMGA0994.JPG
IMGA0995.JPGIMGA0995.JPG

#9 8 years ago

Hey thanks guys for signing up, I hope we can help each other out if we have problems or just talk about the game. This lady needs all the love we can give her. I have plans of putting an angle eye lit start button on too. Stay tuned for that one.

#11 8 years ago

VERY nice, yeah ya gotta post some pictures for sure. Thanks

#13 8 years ago

Great to have you in the club but sorry to hear about your mylar pull.

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

Can I be in the club too?
Still working on mine...non 2.0, but lots of other junk done to it...

IMG_00211.jpg

You bet Greg, your always welcome in a club cuz your a real craftsman and we all can learn alot from you.

#19 8 years ago

Cool, all 3 would be so great to have all lined up. Ya got a nice picture?

Quoted from king-pin:

I'm in,got the whole trilogy.Those inserts will clean up nicely,just pulled a mylar up on a Funhouse with raised inserts and they came up a treat.

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Ok I'm in. Double vision! (One is not mine as my son bought his own.)
2014-05-26 19.35.07.jpg 2014-05-17 09.43.40.jpg

Yup you and your son are in. I followed his resto, beautiful workmanship. Did you resto yours too?

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

I'm a 2.0 guy but I PROMISE, I'll keep my comments limited to 1.0 issues. Thanks for creating the thread! Oh, I was friends with Python. That was cool!

Well I don't know. Well all right as long as you promise cuz there are alot of us who want to keep our games original...meaning no 2.0. Welcome.

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

All new ramps, plastics and helmet. I have two new playfields on order from Peter. (Shhhhhh...Matt is getting his for Christmas.) It will be fun doing two pf swaps, as Matt's really, REALLY needs it badly. Mine is ok, as long as you don't need paint in the pop bumper area.

Wow 2 of them, did ya get a discount. Dang I wish I had an experienced person help me like that, he's a luck guy.

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

My game recently got a lot of play at a local show so I'm going to do a mini-shop on it when I can. I originally had removed all of the parts from it and replaced a few plastics when I got it. I have since purchased the CPR plastics set and I was thinking of doing that as well. I put new incandescents in everyplace but the pops since they are more difficult to change and LEDs will avoid cap burn. I did put LED Star Post lights that flash when the sligshots fire. This mod works with any BOP and I think it makes it look more mechanical (like sparks flying when the slings are hit). I had Python sign my backglass and I got John Trudeau to sign it as well. I sold my collection last year and this was one of the 4 games I kept. I'm a huge fan of this title in any incarnation!

I read how you were down sizing and sold most of your games, I hope you and the wife are enjoying your "smaller" lifestyle. You always did do very nice work to get your games in tip-top shape. I have a few of those star post leds from the German Co. I like the way they fit completly inside the post but man are they expensive.

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from king-pin:

Here they are.

IMAG0370.jpg IMAG0377.jpg IMAG0092.jpg

That is a cool line ya got there.

#29 8 years ago

I B havin some messy fun. Takin it slow and the mylar glue is commin up nice.

IMGA0028.jpgIMGA0028.jpg

IMGA0027.jpgIMGA0027.jpg

#32 8 years ago

Well the glue came off nice except where the mylar had bubbled. My thinking is that the heat of the incandescent bulbs caused the glue to dry out and the mylar let go and by doing so that dryed glue got baked on. It was a real pain to get those hard rings off and I messed up a couple of insert decals and some paint in doing so. Does anyone know of someone who can touch it up and clear it?

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

I did mine myself with hobby paint and I sealed it with super glue and wet sanded it in. Not perfect but people who have played it say that it's one of the nicest they've played. I wouldn't go that far but it's not bad. You can sorta see the results in my restoration thread (pre-2.0) here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/another-bride-gets-the-works-eventually-will-be-a-bop-20-fingers-crossed

Just read the thread again, sure wish you would have described the pf work you did.

#37 8 years ago

Anyone happen to know where I can get insert decals?

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

Try 2........ ebay.com link » Williams Bride of Pinbot Pinball Machine Insert Decals Licensed

Thanks.

#41 8 years ago
Quoted from king-pin:

Got some other cool lines as well.

Well let's see them then, with 27 games your a notch above me so I'd like to see how you have then set up. You have quite a bit more room then I do.

#44 8 years ago
Quoted from king-pin:

Can you spot the common thing with all 3 games besides the fact they are all sys 11?

All 3 are turned off.

#48 8 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

Hi BoP is the first game I purchased and I love it! My PF has bad bubbling and I would like to restore it some day. But for now it plays great!
The only issue I'm having is that intermittently (more often than not though) both balls are realeased into multiball instead of one ball at a time. The problem with this is that, when they are released right on top of one another, sometimes the second ball bounces around when entering the LH flipper return and ends up in the LH outlane immediately... Is this a known issue or am I on my own trying tfigure it out? Is the face outlet stopper solenoid thingy adjustable at all? Could a bad solder connection cause weakening of the solenoid (this happened on my underplayfield kickout solenoid)?
Glad there is a group for BoP 1.0. Can I join? =)

Your in, thanks for joining and keeping the girl alive. Your gonna have a bad time then you remove the mylar because where it has lifted the glue has dried and turned rock hard. I lost 2 insert decals because of it but was lucky that the others came clean with the decals still there but you might still loose some playfield paint when you remove the mylar, I was lucky and didn't loose any. Check the ball switch. If you think you need ramps you should get them now, no telling how much longer they will be available. A helmet too.

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from RavagedUnicorn:

Since BOP 2.0 is so expensive, has anyone thought about adding WMS DMD hardware to a BOP and reprogramming the main ROM to output some graphics to the DMD (Maybe with OpenWPC or whatever that software is called for reprogramming WPC games). One of the things I think I dislike most about BOP 2.0 is the new audio. But this way you could keep the old audio chip in place, untouched and it would be a lot cheaper than a BOP 2.0. Just requires someone to do the programming.

Sounds cool but don't know if it's possible and where would you put the dmd.

#54 8 years ago
Quoted from RavagedUnicorn:

Wouldn't you only need the DMD and DMD driver board added to your existing board set? This would be significantly cheaper. I was kind of thinking of it more as a fun hobby project. (Not paying a programmer, doing it yourself type of deal). Basically it would be BOP 1.0 with DMD graphics. Not really interested in 2.0 sound or rules.
Main reason I ask, is because I have thought about this, I do a lot of programming, and was wondering if anyone else had thought about doing this or has attempted to. Was pretty fascinated by the work done with the new Demolition Man code in FreeWPC

Sounds like a fun project for you if you have the skills to do it. Keep us informed. If it works I'd be interested in one.

#60 8 years ago
Quoted from Chet:

I have the CPR mirrored Backglass in my BoP and was wondering what kind of lamps/lighting would look best? I had LEDs in the original translite but they don't seem to look very good with the mirrored backglass, at least with the ones I was using.

I have the mirrored glass too and I use Comet frosted bulbs, looks great to me.

1 month later
#69 8 years ago
Quoted from SpaceWar:

I'm in!! Picked up my BoP a week ago last Sunday! Suppositly just shopped and ready to go, heh, right. Already I've fixed a head orientation issue, replaced the mixed black and white rubbers with new 'clear' rubbers, bought new pop bumper tops for the missing ones, and ordered some LED's (like for the pop bumpers so I don't have to take off the pinbot playfield again). Waiting on the LED's to arrive.
Started cleaning and waxing the playfield. It's looking nice. I do have an issue with 4 bonus lights on the left side of the playfield not lighting, but I'll post a question on that soon.
Tom

Hey Tom great to have you in the club. As a suggestion I put red Jewel pop caps on with Comet red top and white bottom led rings on mine and it REALLY does a great job lighting up the pf pops area and the mini pf. I like the clear rubbers idea. Post some pictures when ya can.

#81 8 years ago

Yeah wow, have you done pf's before? I have a pf that needs that done to, if you have a mind to.

#85 8 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

So Im having an issue with my new BOP, wondering if anyone here has any insight before I start a tech thread.
Everytime I get a score for the high score list, no letters show up to put in initials, its just blank. I can hit the flipper buttons a bunch and it stays blank, no matter how I enter the blank spaces, when the high scores scroll they are blank as well. The game does not have a battery hooked up at the moment so it resets to default settings everytime, so im not sure if this is the reason it is doing this or if I have an issue somewhere else.
EDIT: I think i found the problem, the U7 and U8 opto isolators are bad.

Did that fix it?

#86 8 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

No - this was my first. Learned a ton!

Well I guess I'll hang onto mine and who knows maybe in a few years when new ones aren't available any more someone will be willing to take mine on and have a beautiful pf.

#88 8 years ago

Oh crap but at least you can play the game.

#92 8 years ago
Quoted from Morydees:

Count me in! BoP was the first pin I had a chance to play thoroughly when I was a kid and I fell in love with it. I'd always been big into space/technology so the theme was right up my alley. That and the great sound effects, fun play and overall design meant it'll always hold a special place in my heart (pun intended).
It took almost a quarter century but the time was finally right to have my own pin earlier this year. So I bit the bullet, found a working one locally that had a good playfield and spent the next two months giving it some TLC (cleaning/cabinet touch-up, LED color scheming and replacing a bunch of worn parts). Couldn't be happier!
Anyway, when I first joined here and saw the BoP 2.0 thread I was a bit sad we didn't have one of our own so it's great to see one pop up. I'd be stoked to join if you'll have me

1.jpg 2.jpg 4.jpg 3.jpg

What a great story and a very nice looking machine. Your more then welcome. Here's a mod I'm making for my games, BOP will get the blue also.

IMGA0118.jpgIMGA0118.jpg

IMGA0119.jpgIMGA0119.jpg

#95 8 years ago
Quoted from rottenrobert1313:

Thanks Paul . And wow thats a cool effect. How and the heck did you do that? Whats involved?

Click on my name and look for the topic I started called "DIY leg light-up". I'm making a purple pair for my MET Pro now.

#96 8 years ago
Quoted from Morydees:

Wow, that is pretty darn cool! I'm guessing a clear plastic/acrylic with an LED somewhere allowing the edge to glow? Definitely interested in how you achieved that (especially the wiring).

The wiring is simple, male or female plug on each of the 2 led strips, so it can be taken apart if you take the legs off. They are connected to a Y connector taped to the underside of the game with the one power wire running to the back of the game for the 12v wall wort. It doesn't run off of game power so you have to plug it in every time you want it on but you could if you wanted. I have enough stuff running off of game power on my games and I didn't want to tax the power supply's further.

#98 8 years ago
Quoted from rottenrobert1313:

Ahh ok. Thats pretty sweet.

Thanks, I think it "wakes up" the front of the game with light.

#100 8 years ago
Quoted from Morydees:

Yep, that all sounds pretty straight forward. Saved this on my "To Do" list some day. Thanks again!

You bet, it would be nice to know others are putting my mod on their games.

#102 8 years ago

Hi Mancave, our summer is almost over here so I'll send it down to you, just make sure you give it back. OK Cool story, sounds like our games could be twins, I've got new ramps, helmet, speaker panel plastic, CPR backglass and a new pf coming also. I'd love to redo my cab and bb but I have to get my garage/workshop done first for a place to do it. I haven't had to do any mech. work on mine so I can't help you with any advise, sorry. My leg light-p for BOP will be the next one I do.

#105 8 years ago
Quoted from Morydees:

Definitely! Speaking of, I also grabbed a set of the astronaut men from MT45's thread this week too. Really fits the theme and for $16 I couldn't say no

We're not a big club but we're having fun.

1 week later
#107 8 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

Anyone ever tried painting the helm? Mine is flaking the chrome off and I thought about painting it metallic purple. Is this a huge mistake? Any better idears?

You mean helmet? Just buy a new one, $70.50 at Bayareaamusement.com. The price has gone up probably because it's getting rare so get a new one while ya can. Same for the ramps. If you don't want to buy a new one I could sell you my used one for $20 plus shipping.

#112 8 years ago
Quoted from Morydees:

Any difference between theirs and the one Marco Specialties sells? I've been meaning to get one and your reminder about them getting harder to find has lit a fire under my butt.
edit: Well it looks like Marco is out of stock anyway!

No diff. You better just bite the bullet and get it and all the ramps and skill shot plastic too. Price will only go up as the supply goes down.

#113 8 years ago

I'm on the lookout for the 5 piece purple decal set, anyone know where to get it? I don't want the black set.

#123 8 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Hey MP, this is where i got my set from about 18 months ago, think the price is still the same.
http://www.pinballdecals.com/PartsByGamePages/TMBOP_Page.html
I haven't even seen the black set?? although i'd stick with the purple myself, MMMMMLOVE Purple

Hey thanks, I didn't think of looking there but will probably buy from Bay, I like those purple Next Gen ones. After I get the inside of my garage finished BOP will be my first cab and bb restore. I can't believe the price they want for that mini pf though....what the hell are they smokin.

#124 8 years ago
Quoted from Morydees:

Knew you might say that Money is tight right now but considering my right ramp looks like this (see temporary fix pic), it's time to finally replace it. Bay Area has those too but not the left ramp and Marco doesn't have the combo price anymore. Don't suppose you know of any shops with the combo or better yet, a full head/ramp super set like these guys used to offer: http://mad-amusements.com/product.php?id_product=22 ?

BOP_Foam_Ramp_Fix.jpg

I think that Aussi site has the ramps. Check the German site too. Can't remember their names, sorry.

#126 8 years ago
Quoted from Morydees:

Yeah I saw those guys too and you're right, a tad steep unless they're somehow different than others. They claim "thicker plastic" that's stronger but isn't that how most reproductions are? Or is that an unusual claim?

Yes they are thicker so it would be worth it to buy these and check Cliffy for his ramp protectors, I have them on my BOP ramps.

#127 8 years ago
Quoted from TheRingMaster:

Hi there guys! Good initiative from you mustangpaul! I hereby join the club =) will read it through later since I'm at work now hehe but anyway I think I qualify as a member. Later when I have reassembled my game I will need this thread to straighten out all the initial issues that will probably come. I'm waiting on the repro playfield now but as soon as I have it I will complete my restoration. Bop is special for me since it is/was my first project game and from working on it I've learned about 90% of what I know about pinball service and restoration. Thanks for starting the club Paul!

Well I've been wondering where you were Andy, glad you finally made it. We could all learn a thing or two from you on how to restore our bride. I have a new pf coming too but I'm not going to be doing the swap, someone will be doing that while I do the cab restore, I'm better at woodwork then electronics.

#128 8 years ago

Here are a few pictures of my leg light mod. Purple leds light them up for BOP. They are nice and bright because of the chrome legs which act as reflectors. Just waiting for my Molex connectors so I can hook them up. Sorry for the crappy pictures but it's the best I can do

IMGA0150.jpgIMGA0150.jpg

IMGA0151.jpgIMGA0151.jpg

IMGA0152.jpgIMGA0152.jpg

#133 8 years ago
Quoted from Morydees:

Oh wow, okay I'll skip hunting down the Aussie/German sites and give Starship's a try then. They are only $15 more than the usual set price so if they are thicker it'll be worth it. I'll just grab the head and ball lock protector from Bay Area.
Also, those legs are going to look amazing on the finished product. Looking forward to more pics!

You'll be sooooo happy that you went with the full monty, they make the whole pf POP! And don't forget the Cliffys.

The leg lights along with the lit start button and coin inserts really make the front of the cab POP. I have a pair of the protectors at a laser cutting place to see if they can cut the slots in them for the led strips and if they can at a reasonable price I may make and sell them. They won't come with a 12v power supply, that way the buyer can hook them up anyway they want, 12v out of the game or use their own wall wort.

#134 8 years ago
Quoted from Morydees:

Well now that Paul's got me in a BOP spending mood again (this is the longest I've gone without spending a dime on her!), I've been thinking about brightening up the pop bumper area since it's so dark. I'd noticed in MT45's thread a while back that he tried the BriteCaps and I know Paul has the Comets (saw those in Andy's amazing thread) but have any of you tried the new BriteCap EVOs? They look to be the same drop-in style but the flash is interesting.
http://www.britemods.com/britecaps--evo.html
The hard part is deciding if I want the stock red or purple...decisions decisions.

That's a tough decision, the Comets are less expensive and remember his free shipping with a $99 or more and you have a choice of color matching top and bottoms or white bottoms, I suggest the white bottoms but the Bright caps are easier to install. With the mini pf above the pops I don't think you'd really be able to see the flashing centers of the Bright Caps. Either way with the Jewel caps they REALLY do light up that area. What color caps do you have now? I had EVO's in 2 out of 3 caps on my JM, the cap wouldn't fit on the 3rd because it's under a ramp and they did look nice, but they would have looked better if the pops had been exposed better. You got a tough choice....but aint it that way with all pinball.

#136 8 years ago
Quoted from Morydees:

Awesome, thanks for the breakdown. You're right about the mini PF likely blocking any of the flashing benefits but that also reminds me that the EVOs may not fit as they add about 5mm of height. So that probably takes them out of the running anyway. I'm running the stock red caps right now which is why the EVOs were tempting as it'd allow me to change the color. Then again, the more I look at your photos the more I'm really digging keeping the stock red. Considering I changed my GI to mostly purple, it'll be nice to keep the contrast and boy do yours pop.
Looks like you got Red Top/Natural White, is that right? Did you have any issues with inserting the rings? I read some reviews that you have to be careful and possibly glue them in the perfect spot otherwise you might short them out. Seems straight-forward enough.
Pic of Paul's setup for anyone wondering about the Comets. Mmmm...

1.jpg

Yup red top/white bottoms. Put 5-6 dabs of hot glue to hold them in place. Put one dab on, let it cool then another the same way till you'r done then trim any hot melt that may have gotten over the outside lip with a razor blade. I always use my magnified glasses with the built in light when I do mine which makes it a lot easier to see how much your putting on. Every pin owner should have them. When you do yours make sure you clean, wax, clean the star posts or replace and put new rubbers on cuz the mini pf is a pain to take off for doing that in the future.

#141 8 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Anyone have or know where a set of plastics are?

That's gonna be hard to find. Did you check all the usual places?

#143 8 years ago
Quoted from Morydees:

Hey guys, question for those of you familiar with mylar machines. I'd noticed some odd ball movement recently and it seems my 5 Million insert is raised on one corner. It's hard to tell from the pic but you can see the separated mylar on the lower right where it's been pulled away from the PF for some reason. A firm press didn't seem to budge it so I thought I'd ask before getting reckless with a rubber mallet and a protective cloth cushion to tap it back in.
I'm not worried about the leftover bubble so much (have plenty of those being stock mylar) but I don't want to make a bad situation worse. Thoughts?

Insert_Raised_Playfield.jpg

The inserts are glued in from the factory and over the years of the wood and plastic expanding and contracting at different rates the inserts "wiggle" up so you have to heat the insert from the underside to loosen the glue, being careful not to melt the plastic then take a piece of flat hard wood, not soft pine, lay it on the insert and tap, rinse and repeat as needed. GO SLOW!! When the insert is level epoxy the insert in from the underside. The best way is to heat as before then use a deep throat clamp with the wood on the insert and press it down. It's best to do all this with the pf out of the game. But where you find a clamp like that is a good guess. Check the topic, vids guide on total pf restorations also. The bubbling is a real problem because that a sign that the glue on the mylar has dried from the heat of the incandescent bulb has dried the glue and turned it hard as a rock. If you ever take the mylar off the only way to get the stuff off is to remove the insert and sand it off which will take the decal off too.

#146 8 years ago
Quoted from Morydees:

You are a wealth of information Paul, thanks again. I've never pulled the PF completely out on my BOP but it's probably time to try it. From what I've seen doing mild resoration/cleanings, I expect to find all sorts of jerry-rigged posts and other oddities once I get in there. I guess that's par for the course on a lot of these ex-arcade machines.
As for the mylar, I spent a weekend reading about 50 posts on the subject (from freezing to Goo Gone to reproductions now shipping) and decided that mine wasn't bad enough to remove just yet, especially given the high chance of damage. Luckily the bubbling isn't too visible in the dark room and I've come to not even notice it. This is the first incident that actually affected play though so I'll try easing it down flat and see how it goes.
Looks like I've got a fair bit of fun ahead once the ramps, pop bumper LEDs and shiny new head come in

I read a lot on Pinside. Don't forget about the Cliffys for the ramps.

#148 8 years ago
Quoted from Morydees:

Literally ordered the last set he had in stock on the site

Your gonna be like a kid in a candy store when you put all that new stuff on. BTW how are the jewel posts?

#150 8 years ago

OK. People get sloppy when they wax the pf and the groves in the star posts get all white. That bugs the heck out of me. Try theringmasters thread for pictures.

#152 8 years ago
Quoted from ttown:

Picking up my first BOP this week. It is nice and I am excited about the new game. Are there two different BOP Clubs one 2.0 one non 2.0? Are we afraid of a combined club? Don't let the 2.0 guys in they will ruin all the fun?

Hey welcome ttown, good to hear ya got a nice one. I started the non 2.0 Club so us guys who don't have the 2.0 kit in ours don't have to wade through posts made by the 2.0 guys. I for one want to keep mine the original version. Have fun with your new Bride.

#154 8 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Well, guess I join the club as just picked up a very nice HUO BOP. Will join the 2.0 as well as love the fact that 2.0 also has option to play original BOP. What a light show on this game!
And good advice. Wasn't going to add any leds but added under big wheel to prevent excess heat on the mylar as have a couple of spots where it has just started to lift.

Hey welcome to the club Shapeshifter, we can always make room for one more. Please put them in the whole game, it's not to late to save your pf, then get an OCD board for the game. I'm getting one soon.....I think.

#155 8 years ago

I'm sick and tired looking at the scraped up sides from lifting up and setting down my playfield soooooo.....I was wondering if we had any talented graphics guys in the club that could design some kick ass out of this world custom pinblades for the game. If I was still into PhotoShop I'd take a stab at it. There are many beautiful NASA photos that could be used to make a GREAT looking set. Oh and not just a flipped version for the other side, both completly different.

If someone would come up with the design I'd be willing to check into the manufacturing of them and foot the bill to get them made for however many that would commit to buying them. I'm sure Pingrafix could do them but I'd like something better art wise.

#157 8 years ago

I have the board on Avatar, T3 and NASCAR and it made a world of difference, right out of the box the inserts were perfect. I left the incandescents in the helmet but changed the color to red. I like the look of them in the helmet.

#164 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Ooooooooooo.... Can you post a pic of the wiring to do this???
Thank you!
Oh yeah, I'm in, no 2.0 for me
I like it original. Had mine shipped from Cali to Tx, I fixed a few things here and there... Ordered a new Pf, everything on mine as far as plastics and such looks ok, but the pf has Mylar and some bubbling and a little touched up wear. Love it

Hey welcome Chosen, that German parts place has the best led pads for the star posts, they fit completly inside the posts but they are spendy. Awarner did a great job on his, he went all out.

#170 8 years ago

Yeah that's it. I can never remember it cuz I only bought a couple of things from them.

#174 8 years ago
Quoted from Morydees:

It seems pretty darn hard to find anyone with just one piece of a decal set. I'm in a similar boat, just needing the back cabinet but might have to bite the bullet on the whole thing at some point. Good luck on your hunt!

You and davej should go in on a set, it would take some of the sting out of it anyway. You could always use the cab decals as wall art. Here are some of mine, I have others on the ceiling and my Transformers one even has a lit flipper button in it.

GR_14.jpgGR_14.jpg

GR_13.jpgGR_13.jpg

#180 8 years ago
Quoted from Morydees:

Believe me, I thought about it as soon as I saw him post but I just recently spent a full day touching it up and it's good enough to get me by until I do a full cab restore. Which with all the stuff I've been adding to my list lately might come sooner rather than later!

I hear ya I've been touching mine up to get by too and as soon as I get my garage/shop done I'll start my cab and bb restore. One thing I've been thinking about is how tight my pf is on the sides of the cab, it's all scraped up and looks like ass. To fix that I'm going to try sanding 1/8 of an inch off of each side to make an indent. that was when I put mirror blades in I'll have room for the blades and have enough room so the pf doesn't touch the blades. I may even try a router to do it.

#184 8 years ago
Quoted from Morydees:

I don't have a restoration thread going so I hope it's cool to post some progress pics in here, especially since it's your fault (mostly Paul!) that I've started again
Anyway, I got the new head chrome from Bay Area and LED pop bumpers from Comet the other day. The ramps haven't arrived yet and BA goofed on the ball lock (they are fixing it) but I couldn't wait to get started. Suffice to say, she's looking a whole lot nicer after today's work! Here's some before/after shots.

Before_Comet.jpg Comet_Installed.jpg Head_Before.jpg Head_After.jpg Head_Shot2.jpg

How is it you and BigDan have the same pop bumper area picture. Anyway, happy to have motivated you, I'm good at spending other peoples money. Those pop bumper rings really make that area come to life don't they but because they work so well it kind of throws the balance of the pf lighting off so to correct that I put a couple of sockets in the holes that are there in the left back corner to light it up. I only have bulbs in them now but will be switching over to Comet strips when my order arrives.

Keep up the great work guys, we gotta keep our girls lookin good.

#187 8 years ago
Quoted from larryhorse:

There's nothing in the left corner to light up its a hidden covered scoop. The pops are a visible area that seeing is important since you get extra points for more pops. The lighting there lets you see for nudging. The left does not need lighting.

Not so, the lights back there light up the whole ramp plastic back there which helps balance the lighting of the whole back pf. So no it doesn't NEED it for game play but in my opinion it LOOKS a lot better.

#189 8 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

has anyone contacted you ???

No, probably no one will, we probably don't have the talent here in this small club.

#192 8 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

ya never know. sounds like your not a fan of PINGRAFFIX but... im thinking at somepoint they will come out with a design for BOP.

Well I am to a point, the pinblades on my Met Pro look fantastic, they really took their time on the design but the Mustang ones suck in my opinion and the ones for STNG could have been so much more. Pinsider sillyoldelf did ones for Monster Bash and they are FANTASTIC, so much so that I bought them just for the art. The duct work in my gr needed something and they fit the bill perfectly, I even lit one up with a color changing strip. This is the kind of pinblades I wish someone would do for BoP. Pingrafix won't do them unless they see a market for them and let's face it there aren't that many of us BoP owners that would want them. There just aren't enough BoP's out there.

IMGA0936.jpgIMGA0936.jpg
IMGA0935.jpgIMGA0935.jpg
IMGA0934.jpgIMGA0934.jpg
IMGA0932.jpgIMGA0932.jpg
IMGA0938.jpgIMGA0938.jpg

#193 8 years ago

Small mod as one of my flippers broke and all I had spare was a NOS black set.
They look pretty good so may keep them on game.

IMG_8933.jpg

That looks interesting but I'm sure you know they need adjustment.

#195 8 years ago

Photo taken while game in motion

Sure...but I don't see the ball.

#197 8 years ago

Well you could resist by putting mirrors on it. What would be cool I think are blade skins like for Tron. If the design was good I'd buy those. Yes you did get them, I forgot.

#206 8 years ago
Quoted from Morydees:

Like you said, doesn't need it but I'm the kind of dude that really likes symmetry.

We think alike. There are a couple of socket holes back there so it's really easy to route wires, I actually added sockets with Comet Crystal Fan bulbs cuz that was before they came out with their led strips.

#207 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Are you prodding someone to do them?

Who me prod? All kinds of cool NASA Space telescope pictures. You could use mirror blade measurement if you have them.

#208 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Sorry if I may be wrong, but I think the rubber configuration on the upper right of your mini playfield is incorrect

That's what I saw too but if it works it works.

#209 8 years ago
Quoted from Vreuls:

Got mine back yesterday,has been away for over 2 years
Its an original diamond plate with different inserts,some old pictures are on ipdb
Now it has black cabinet decals,full led,playfield protector,sound ugrade etc etc
Soon to be 2.0

image.jpeg image_1.jpeg

2 YEARS. Where was it? That's gonna be worth some $$$$ when your done.

#210 8 years ago
Quoted from BigDan:

Funny what MustangPaul said about motivating us. Once I saw his pop bumper pics 9 months ago on this other restoration thread I was hooked

I've thought about a career as a motivational speaker.......cuz I'm good at spending other peoples money.

#211 8 years ago
Quoted from larryhorse:

Enjoy it, I think it's not better, pointless lighting isn't my preference. But it's yours to do what you want

Yup.

#215 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I think to do it right, it needs a little more than nasa pics , besides, they're too grainy and precise, I don't have pinblade measurements , I think I'll just take the time to measure and start on them soon and see how they end up, I have some ideas brewing

I've used some of them in my video work and they were really nice but for print you need hi rez. Thanks for attempting this and like I said if they turn out great I'll take orders and get them printed or turn it over to Pingraphics for printing...unless you want to do that that is. I don't want to step on your toes.

#216 8 years ago
Quoted from BigDan:

I'd prefer a variation of this. I have $$$ standing by
Photo Jul 20, 4 25 32 PM.jpg

Photo_Jul_20_4_24_33_PM.jpg

Yeah those are nice, on the left side it's hard to tell where the plastics leave off and the blades start. I REALLY like that. You should paint that one screw head so it blends in, the one next to the pinblade.

#218 8 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

I'm lucky enough to have these already but wondering who these belong to as I haven't seen these posted except for my own

Oh...... call the lawyers.

#222 8 years ago
Quoted from BigDan:

Thanks, I put a lot of work into her. As for the shuttle ramp I'm using a spot lamp with a SMD twin flex in purple near the scoop and another one in the back. Back in February I removed everything off the top of my playfield except the face mechanism so I could clean and polish every nook and cranny. I then went to town with the LED's by ordering up lots of LED star posts, tons of LED strips in all sorts of colors and various styles and colors of wedge and bayonet bulbs to get the exact look I was going after and I'm still not done. I'm going to wait until I do my reproduction playfield swap to go all out.
Here's a early video I shot to show to some of my league buddies but I didn't really want to showcase it here just yet because like everything else in my life its not finished. On a funny side note I turns out member 85Vette and I are both using ice blue's from Comet for under the heart beat ramp at the same time without knowing what the other was doing.
Colors in real life are much more subtle then how they appear on video which has the purple and blues over saturated.
One day I'd like to put together a well produced and narrated youtube video of my "shop job" because I love watching those sorts of videos and there's not that many out there.
» YouTube video

Dang that's nice. Ya know THIS is why I started the club, I get such a charge out of seeing what others are doing to their Brides and it just make me want to do more to mine. It's why I bought a new pf and will be doing my first cab and bb resto. Thanks guys.

#223 8 years ago
Quoted from Morydees:

Yep, good eye! This was a supposed-to-be-temporary fix from when I got the machine back in April. It was supposedly shopped but I guess the prior owner didn't notice it and it was WAY worse before (see pic). Balls almost never went back to the plunger as you can imagine.
Since I didn't have any of those mini white rings I just rigged it as close as I could to stock. That was like, four months ago and I stupidly keep forgetting to order them. I've been meaning to get new incandescents for the helmet and some vinyl switch covers so I guess I should just get off my ass and order all of that tonight
Wrong_Mini_Playfield_Rubber.jpg

Yeah that's bad. When you get the switch covers post the part # and where ya got um. What color helmet bulbs ya goin with?

#225 8 years ago
Quoted from Morydees:

They were harder to find than I expected but Marco appeared to have both sizes that BOP needs. If you want to wait until I get mine for comparison/fitment just let me know. Hopefully be here next week.

Yeah I'll wait till you get yours.

Quoted from Morydees:

Regarding the LED strips, are these the ones you and Dan are talking about? http://www.cometpinball.com/6-3-V-Plug-Play-Strips-Comet-Pinball-p/6.3vsmdstrips.htm I was randomly searching and found your Mustang lit up nicely and now I've got all sorts of ideas for correcting some dull spots.

Yup dems the ones, they are great.

Quoted from Morydees:

I saw a post from Art saying he's got some sort of new "Matrix" system coming out. Any idea on those at all?

He's sending me a few to test, I'll see when I can post about them. This is top secret stuff we're talking about.

Quoted from Morydees:

That dude needs a blog or something, he's always coming out with stuff

Yeah, part of it is my fault cuz I've bounced ideas for products off him and sure enough he brought them to market.

Quoted from Morydees:

I may just wait a bit and see what he comes up with. Either way I'm definitely looking into some of these.

All I can say is buy a big plastic storage box that has a bunch of compartment to hold your "collection" of bulbs.

I've used Comet bulbs and strips for modding a bunch of games, the strips really worked great for my ideas on Mustang, they really put out a lot of light.

#230 8 years ago
Quoted from jacklick:

Picked up a BOP that needs lots of TLC this week. I always think I am getting a deal until I start digging in. Had a broken rubber in pop bumper area that was causing balls to get stuck, replaced that (PIA) and blown out shooter rod tip; followed by quick light cleaning just to play some games. Both Ramps have blown out entry corner pieces and playfield has some issues. Insert stickers completely worn out or mylar bubbling over them, small wear spot by right in-lane ball drop.
Anyway my questions.
1) There are no playfield rails to slide the playfield out. It just pivots? Is that normal for this era of Williams?
2) I also have the issue of two balls being released simultaneously in multi-ball...will have to investigate that per recommendation in this thread.
3) It is running L3 code, I have burner...what should I upgrade too? L6? read something about board mods for bigger rom for L8. Can do that as well when installing NVRAM socket.
4) In GI test there is a section for "lights under helmet". Nothing lights up and I had the helmet off to replace that rubber...any clue here?
5) Is there supposed to be a rubber tip on mouth eject rod? I appears to be just pointed metal.
6) Anything else you see in the pic? I think I am missing a plastic piece in upper left.
Whenever I think I have a deal, it usually ends up not such a great deal after all but I think she is a keeper for me.

2015-09-28_09.21.50.jpg 2015-09-28_09.22.30.jpg 2015-09-28_09.19.36.jpg 2015-09-28_09.22.00.jpg 2015-09-28_09.22.21.jpg

Welcome to the club, your pf is in better shape then mine that's for sure.

1-Pivots are normal.
Can't help with 2,3,4.
5-No rubber tip.
6-Clear plastic on top of ramp to keep ball from flying out. I don't have it and I've never had a ball fly out.

How does the cab and bb look?

#239 8 years ago
Quoted from Vreuls:

They talked me into selling it,
I had the change to buy it back so i did
She was in germany for over 2 years

When you got it back was it in any worse condition?

#240 8 years ago

One issue many have is with the control relay board that is responsible for head turning.
I had to re-flow mine and so far so good.
But for those who like to plan ahead, I bought a spare board.
Sometimes when these kind of parts go out ofd stock, they never come back in.
Seemed like a sensible part to buy!
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-14423-1

That sounds like a good idea. I'll have to get one in my next order.

#248 8 years ago
Quoted from Vreuls:

No,it was in better condition
When i sold it it was in original condition and played very well and fast
Cabinet was in very bad shape
Now it has black cabinet decals,playfield protector,pinball pro sound update,new heartbeat ramp,helmet,full led,side rails,legs and probably some more new things
The black decals looj very nice imo

Now THAT'S the way to do it.

#249 8 years ago
Quoted from jacklick:

so there are a few threads about this but some quick links are here and you can find some summary info DP 2.0 forum about it.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bride-of-pinbot-rom-revision-differences#post-2283472
I only found one complaint about L8 code related to extraball % but have played at least 15 games on L8 and have received 1 extra-ball and 2 light extra balls. So not sure if that complaint is justified or if the L8 code I have is different than reporter since it is not official code..who knows.
I am running tmbopl_8.rom md5 ccd9733749134e072dd187b478bed808
Also, since running L8, I haven't run into the double ball release issue. Could be circumstance or timing of coil changed in code.
received new ramps, flipper rebuild kit, rubber kit and a manual today.

You got a link for that flipper rebuild kit?

#255 8 years ago

Hey guys I just installed my DIY leg light-ups on the game. I used purple led strips and instead of lighting just the cab protectors like on my other games I ran the led strips all the way down the insides of the back of the legs. I turned the leds so they are facing the chrome legs so it's a reflected light. It was a pain to do but I like it. Here are a bunch of pictures.

IMGA0179.jpgIMGA0179.jpg
IMGA0180.jpgIMGA0180.jpg
IMGA0181.jpgIMGA0181.jpg
IMGA0183.jpgIMGA0183.jpg
IMGA0187.jpgIMGA0187.jpg

IMGA0186_1.jpgIMGA0186_1.jpg

#256 8 years ago

and a few more. It lights the carpet now.

IMGA0184.jpgIMGA0184.jpg
IMGA0185.jpgIMGA0185.jpg
IMGA0188.jpgIMGA0188.jpg

#261 8 years ago
Quoted from pinaholic:

Just placed at Project Parlor in Brooklyn. 2.0 ordered, to be installed later. 20150930_135509.jpg

20150930_135445.jpg 20150930_135514.jpg

Is that 1 BILLION.

#262 8 years ago

Just a reminder, CPR still has the mini pf in stock, $40.

#264 8 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Have you seen my high score MP? and with a pic

Good reminder mate, got mine when they first became available, still waiting on the big one!!

I don't remember seeing it. Post again.

Some of the new guys may not know they can get it directly not through a reseller.

I'm waiting for it too and I'm gonna have kruzman clear it.

1 week later
#279 8 years ago
Quoted from Morydees:

Also, does anyone know if this piece (receiver for the lane rail screws) can be bought separately or is that something I'll have to scavenge from another pin? Mine were incredibly hard to remove (threadlocked) and this one just would not come out, even with soldering iron heat and other treatments. Eventually it just pulled the receiver from the wood and snapped when trying to remove it after soaking so it can't be reused. Worst case I'll grab a 2" long version (instead of 1-3/4") and throw a nut on there.

Lane_Stripped2.jpg

You can find them at any hardware store, very expensive. Just tap the new ones in, insert screw, tighten then from the underside screw a 6-32x3/8ths screw ( like the one holding the bulb socket in the picture) into the pf snug next to the indent where the little barb goes up into the wood. That will prevent the insert from ever spinning.

#280 8 years ago
Quoted from Morydees:

Well Paul, I attempted this last night and everything went perfectly thanks to your advice. I snagged some Red Oak form the local hardware store, pulled the LEDs from underneath and heated/tapped carefully until it was perfectly smooth again. Nice to not have that odd pathing when rolling over 5-Million!
Regarding the vinyl switch covers from MS we talked about earlier, I had a chance to compare those as well. We've got two sizes on BOP and the smaller of the two (3/4") was a bit bigger than what was on my machine. They actually fit a bit better, tight enough but not super hard to slide on/off. However, they are a tiny bit lighter in color and they don't have the rounded cutouts that allow the switches metal tab to move freely. The latter was easily fixed by cutting the holes needed and so far they seem to work pretty good. The larger of the two (1-1/4" last pic) was the one I was missing so I don't have anything to compare it to but it fit nice and snug and did not need to be cut as that switch faces downward so the metal tab doesn't interfere. Overall, I'm pleased with them and my only complaint is the slightly lighter color. It's not too noticeable without the flash though.
3/4" : http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/20-9646-G
1-1/4": http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/20-9672
Vinyl Switch Comparison5.jpg

Vinyl_Switch_Comparison2.jpg Vinyl_Switch_Comparison3.jpg Vinyl_Switch_After_Capping.jpg

Great to hear it worked so nicely for you. Did you then epoxy them in from the back? Great info about the covers too, I'll get some with my next order.

#281 8 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

Just started my BoP refurbish, cabinet first.
image5.JPGimage1.JPGimage3.JPGimage4.JPGimage5.JPGimage6.JPGimage2.JPGimage1.JPG

That is one fantastic looking cab, well done. I hope to be doing that to mine in the near future. It looks like you have done this before.

#284 8 years ago
Quoted from Morydees:

I'm curious how you prepped/cleaned the inside.

LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of sanding.....and then sand some more.

#289 8 years ago

I'd say the arm looks out of place and part of it, the joints, looks like a weird old telephone hand set. The whole arm and the red stripes need to go and so do the big stars. I'd like to see a clean multi colored star field, just dots, with a nice cloudy nebula and a small galaxy. Keep it clean, it should look like a spacey continuation of the pf, like your out in space. See if you can grab some Space Telescope images.

#290 8 years ago
Quoted from Swainer80:

Lane change and flipper switches out again. If both are out at the same time this might be the problem. There should be continuity between the red arrows but the leg going to the ribbon pins is open, time to run a wire. Change or relocate those batteries folks, it might save you, or the next guy a lot of trouble

Flipper_Switches.jpg

I hope your right, I'm no help when it comes to that stuff. That bottom battery looks like it's starting to bubble, get um off the board.

#293 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

So... Less is more?
Crap, now all I see is weird old telephone, lol
Definitely had a hard time deciding on what to do with her shoulder
The stars are on the playfield the same way, I just copied the playfield, I just need to scale them all down and multiply them

Yup less is more, make it look like your in space with real space stuff like I suggested. A real picture of Saturn and the moon and nebula and galaxy.

#299 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Only thing that concerns me is that there are no "real" pictures of any space stuff on the rest of the game... It will be easy to photoshop, I'll build it, it may be surprising the out come, I'll build one with "cartoony" parts also, so we can see the contrast

I hear ya, my opinion is that there's enough of the "cartoony" stuff on the game already, sure if you were a good artist you could come up with some art that would bridge the two styles but my money would be on the real photos like the Horse Head and Vail nebulas and stuff like that. Maybe a little bit smaller Shuttle then what you have so far, it's to dominant.

#300 8 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

something like this ???

CAM00664.jpg

I love your apron, now if we could only get it without the rules and price cards indents.

#306 8 years ago

I found an image that would work as a background image, nice and long at www.spacetelescope.org/images/potw/1146a/. It on page 6 and is called "The belly of the cosmic whale". Big 45.9 meg file so the detail will be great when it's cropped. Check it out.

#307 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

here's another try
Bop LEFT Side Blade 002.jpg
I can make it more epic, and only use the sombrero Galaxy, and 1 planet
Or I can line everything up and keep several bodies on the image to fill space and give color

I think it's to many competing images and it could use a small Shuttle in it so it looks like it's on a journey.

#308 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I'll post a few renditions and we can take a vote, I'd still like to have the right side be different too

Maybe use that for the right side, maybe without the small planet that's infront of the galaxy.

#310 8 years ago

Have a blast at Expo and tell us how many BoP's are there.

Yes adding other art is an art in it's self, to make it NOT look like it's photoshopped.

#313 8 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

Work on the cabinet is almost complete, thanks to Manny of WoodTECH Workshop;
https://www.facebook.com/WoodTECH.co.uk
image15.JPG
image12.JPG
image13.JPG
image14.JPG

Would you do us a favor and use the rotate button to rotate the pictures. I soooo want to see them. Thanks

#315 8 years ago
Quoted from king-pin:

Just lay on your side and stand on your head and all is revealed.

It's funny that not everyone knows about the rotate button.

#319 8 years ago
Quoted from lukex:

Hope it's ok that I took the liberty of rotating the images.....

463864.jpg463866.jpg463865.jpg463867.jpg

Much better thank you. Love the polished ss, how is it for finger prints.

1 week later
#340 8 years ago

Looks really nice. I know this is just rough paste on picture but would the sticker extend below the pf? That way Saturn wouldn't be cut off like in your picture, There's a big gap right there on the game and that would fill it. Maybe tilt the bb pointing end of the galaxy down a bit like the way Saturn is and make Titan smaller and further away from Saturn (toward the coin door above the apron). I hope I'm not bugging you with my suggestions.

#353 8 years ago
Quoted from Morydees:

Boy do I wish the OCD board worked on the darn helmet. Any input is appreciated!

Yeah, just leave red or blue incandescent's on it. I have red 44's (not 47's) on mine and like the look.

#357 8 years ago
Quoted from Morydees:

I wanted to stay purple though and the red was a bit too dim for my liking. But I was using 555s because all my connectors are wedge, not 44/47s. Did you change that somehow? Guessing you meant #555s. And with the OCD lowering overall brightness to 85%, I'm worried about it being too dark. That said, they are cheap and I can try more options.
I know a bit about which LEDs are quality but is there a particular incandescent source you recommend? Looks like PBL has boxes of 10 for $2 worst case.

OUPS!! I meant 555. Sorry.

#358 8 years ago

Hey there's a Lost in Space for sale in the for sale section that has spacey pin blades on it, check it out.

#361 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

That's really cool! I've decided to do 2 versions.
I'll polish up the spacey themed ones I've already put time into, and I'll try and re-create the solar system that looks so cool
I think the spacey themed ones would look really great in Space Station, and bop also. But the solar system with the shuttles flying around fits much better Imo with bop. It'll take some time, but wheels are spinning

OK, sounds good.

#365 8 years ago
Quoted from jGraffix:

Had some free time so I decided to create a PinBlade for you guys. Hope you like it. I still have a few changes to make but here's my first version. It's hard to see in this image but the star field is a repro of the play field and I was inspire by the graphic that says "one more time". http://www.PinGraffix.com Screen Shot 2015-11-01 at 6.50.43 PM.png

To plain.

#368 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

That one planet looks like a clown with a red nose

I want it to look like real space.

#370 8 years ago
Quoted from jGraffix:

I understand where people are coming from. As a designer I try to stay true to the machines original design. This is a classic pin and any art work added should stay in tune with the graphics that are already there. The star patterned background is a replica from the playfield. The planets used are original Bally/Williams graphics that were also on the machine. The only addition I added to the game were the astronauts which were inspired by an astronaut on the playfield.
It's my opinion that adding a realistic space scene would be incongruous. You guys want to take a classic '63 Corvette and add spinners to it. Some things just don't work. But this is a free country and these are your machines. If you guys want a realistic space scene I can create that too.
In the future if anyone ever wants a custom job they can always pay a graphic artist to create it for them. Instead of just begging anyone to come up with a design for free.

We understand all of that. We're just having some fun moding our games.

#373 8 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

the star pattern backround will look great, even though the yellow planets look good on the cabinet...not so much on the pinblades. i doubt anyone has problem paying for something , just long as it looks good. PINGRAFFIXS has come up with some great designs .just not so much on this one.
a great design would be a nice finshing touch with new playfields and the second batch of 2.0 due to arrive soon !

and Chosen has stepped up to do this and is doing a fine job too.

#377 8 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I've been maintaining a BOP at work for the better part of a year now... When we first acquired it; I stripped the top of the PF and cleaned the crap out of it. It's a players condition import with a lots of wear.
Anyway; when I did the PF rebuild; it got all new rubbers and lamps.
CPU board was rebuilt due to battery acid damage back in Aug; audit shows over 2500 plays.
I don't think BOP has a GI power save; so the machine has be "on" 24/7 since it went back into service in Aug. I've gone thru two sets of slingshot #47 bulbs. I'm thinking of replacing the GI with LEDs from Comet Pinball just to keep from having to replace those bulbs regularly. I'm thinking Natural White 2SMD types; but am open to suggestions. Has anyone documented a GI-only kit for BOP?

Hey Zitt, good job keeping the game operating. I've never heard of a power save for the game or a GI only led kit. Whatever you want to put in would be fine I'm sure. Keep the girl playin.

#378 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

anybody have a source for a new helmet?

You tried the usual sources?

#385 8 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

just joined the club on Halloween what a fun game
I need the cliffy ramp protectors but they're sold out everywhere
where can i get them?
thanks

Welcome to the club, what kind of shape is it in.

#388 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

here's the set I created for myself.
Alt Pinblades SET 001 Preview.jpg

They look really nice, kind of like Mollyspubs. You gonna have them printed with uv ink so they light up under bl?

#391 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

here's the set I created for myself. Or otherwise

Have you figured out how all the plastics and such will affect what you see when the blades are installed?

#394 8 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Comparing these to mine, they're right on.

Great. It just looks to me like the big planet on the back of the left side is down pretty low and would be hidden by the ramp.

#395 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

here's the set I created for myself. Or otherwise

How much of these will actually be under the PF so they don't catch on it when you raise it?

#397 8 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

Its in good shape but has some yellowing outside the mylar and some wear at the ball drops. But after some adjustments i have it playing 100% minus some bulbs i have to change.
Plus the Mrs. really likes it so that's a plus

Excellent and it's always a plus when the better half likes it.

#399 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Thank you for the support!
I'll try that out, I may leave the shuttle there, and just make the planet bigger with the shuttle on top of it...

I'll do a trial run with a print and make adjustments where needed, but I think no matter what parts will be covered up. I made it a little too busy to offset for that.
I have 2 more designs that I'll post when I finish them so there will be plenty of variety

You are doing some excellent work there, your really getting into the design groove. Have you thought about doing something for the back board? It could really use something.

#401 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Haven't thought about that, but now that you mention it, I have a few ideas

Cool. I've thought about putting 3 or 4 round dome different color flashers back on the board and putting them in from the back side of the board so just a little of the dome pokes through.

#404 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Sounds like a tough job, I just had a really hard time measuring that piece of wood. I bet it would be pretty difficult to get flashers mounted behind it after drilling holes

Nah, piece of cake.......with the pf out that is. I have a couple of T2 back box stickers that I had mounted on this aluminum stuff called MetalMax, I drilled out the eyes and mounted red mini domes from behind and lit with red flex leds, did another one with green eyes. Both are mounted between the floor joists on the ceiling of my basement gameroom. They GLARE down at you while your playing.

#405 8 years ago
Quoted from Morydees:

Well now I have to do something like this. Also, Great update Chosen_S!

You gonna come up with your own design?

#407 8 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

Soooooo I just had my sweetest game ever in BoP! Spun the big wheel 7 or 8 times (lost count)! Got 5,040,000,000! Such and awesome game and the sounds are so sweet when she is in metamorphosis for an extended time. The best I ever did before this was spin the big wheel once per game. I changed up my stance a bit and tried to focus better. Such a fun time on a great machine. Just wanted to share!

DANG!! I guess that was a hot game, congrats. I'm not gonna play you for dollars.

#411 8 years ago
Quoted from Morydees:

Oh heck no, I meant using a black light on UV printed ink

I see.

#417 8 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I was at the Chicago Pin expo when Williams was there right as they were shutting down...(year anybody?) and there was a nice woman at the Williams booth and I asked her if she had anything Pinbot related. She said not with her but she would look and see what she could find. I came back the next day and she had brought me a set of the plastic badges, a set of stickers of the badges, a Pinbot translight original artwork reproduction poster... This was a poster of Python's original backglass art, some Bride speaker knock outs, but the prize was a cast resin diamond with a Bride playfield image embedded with her Slogan "Here comes the bride, watch her turn heads". I guess it was a promotional gift given out to distributors only. As far as a collectors item, I've only ever seen the one I own. Any other owners out there got one of these?

WOW, could you post a picture of that diamond.

#421 8 years ago

Thanks for the heads up wizard, just bought a set. Now just waiting for the new pf and cab decals. They ran this one and didn't tell us....bastards.

#427 8 years ago

Damn! That CPR is fast...my plastic set I ordered today is already in transit.

#434 8 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Anyone know where to find a set of the CPR BOP faces? My guides look terrible....

You tried the hydrogen peroxide trick on those guides?

#438 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Oooooooo... What's the hydrogen peroxide trick? Just soak them in?

Yes, you put them in the sun for a few days while soaking. It's a topic somewhere where they did it with the face guides. Turned out really good.

#439 8 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Have not.....checked that out where it was used on a f14 dome light. I am at the point with a new PF, ramps, and helmet the face is the weak link....I think I am just going to replace them....

I'm in the same boat so I should do that too.

#444 8 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Hey all. Here is a teardown of BoP's gearbox for those are looking to freshen up theirs: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cleaning-bops-gearbox

Thanks, I know I'll be doing it at some point.

#447 8 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

The swap is coming along. New playfield and plastics, and polishing everything makes such a difference.

image.jpg

Oh man that looks good. I wish someone made those 5 rubber wheels for the skill shot area. I wonder how new ones would work.

Thanks for posting that, you can never have to many pictures when rebuilding a game.

#451 8 years ago

The manufacturing parts company Granger has a catalog about 6 inch thick, I wonder if they could come up with something. The best way to find out would be to have someone who has their game apart take a wheel in to a store and have the counter people see if they can match it up. I have a store about 4 miles away but I don't have my game apart. Would anyone else be able to do this?

#455 8 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

yes.
Mine is in teardown stage and I am ready to pull that assembly. I have a Granger not far from my office. Will check into it.

MOST EXCELENT!!! Let's keep our collective fingers crossed.

#458 8 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

I'm at work and just going from memory on the dimensions of the rubber skill shot bumpers. But, check this stuff out:
Capture.JPG
You would need to cut it to length which could easily be done... And there is a wide variety of sizes...

That won't work cuz it's just the rubber, the ones in the game are a bearing type of wheel. It's all one piece.

#461 8 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Can you describe this? Mine are just a rubber "ring" around a central post. No bearing/wheel inserts in the rubber.

Sorry I should have been more clear, that's considered a bearing, not a roller bearing but the shaft is still considered a bearing of sorts. The rubber on the shaft is bonded at the factory to the shaft and really no telling what kind of rubber they used. To try out the material posted above you'd probably have to cut the rubber off the shaft and glue the new stuff on. I know I'm not gonna try that.

#462 8 years ago

YES!!!! My new plastic set just came, now just waiting for my new pf and cab and bb decals.

#470 8 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

They are not bonded onto the shaft, they slide right off for cleaning or replacement,

Oh man that's good to hear, I'm glad I was wrong.

#471 8 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

mine too and ramps

bop_cpr.jpg bop_ramps.jpg

Isn't that desk top display a great extra. Yeah get the ramps while ya can. Are they thicker plastic?

#474 8 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

here we go on the Rubbers.....
OD is 1 1/2"
ID is 3/8"
width is 1 1/8"

rubbers.jpg

Same material? Where did ya get them and how much?

#476 8 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

I pulled these from my game. They actually don't look that bad. When playing the game, one was not spinning so the ball skidded across it. I think with a little cleaning up they may be ok.

I see, thanks. After so many years all of the rollers must be pretty dried out on the surface. What is the wall thickness?

#478 8 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Anyone know how to cut these to size?

You would probably have to use a good band saw with a very fine tooth blade so you get a smooth cut and a saw that you could get repeatable width cuts so all the rollers are the same size.

#483 8 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

i was thinking a razor knife but it might be tough to cut a straight cut without some sort of guide. A bandsaw as mustang proposed would be great. Or, maybe a miter saw (even a hand miter saw guide) would work.

Yes a good miter box would work.

#484 8 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

Here are some mcmaster carr options. Still would need to be cut to length but I don't think that would be tough. Looks like you could go black or red at a price of $8-$15 for each 6" piece.
Capture.JPG

Quoted from wizard_mode:

(1.5 - 0.375)/2 = 0.5625 or 9/16" wall

Looks like the one on the right side of the page would be the one to get, the colored one might work also but they would get dirty and nasty looking too.

#487 8 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

I sent a note to Titan

Clear blue ones would be way cool....with led strips under them if they would fit. Is it possible to put a strip under them now? I've never had that area apart so I don't know. But aren't Titans a bit sticky...if that's the right word. I only have them on the flippers of one game.

#489 8 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Since mine is all apart I will check the clearance to see if a strip of LED's can fit. I have a strip of Comet's I can mess with. Just need to make sure it will clear everything. I have my rail off so I should be able to see things pretty clearly.
It will be interesting to see the difference if Titan runs them. I would think as long as they rolled and where not "brick hard" they would perform better and look better than what I have now. (but thats like just my opinion....)

Sounds great. Comets new 20 inch 6.3v strip would be perfect....if a strip has the clearance though.

#492 8 years ago

OUPS.....5 But just think how much cleaner new rollers would keep everything. They could see them to Marco and then they would have them in stock.

#493 8 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Since mine is all apart I will check the clearance to see if a strip of LED's can fit.

and check if strips that are half as wide will have clearance, those are the ones I use for my leg light-up mod. Only thing is with those is they are 12v. I'll have to ask Art how wide his 6v, 20 inch ones are.

#495 8 years ago

Art doesn't have any of the slim strips yet.

#496 8 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

.not a lot of room to place down under the rollers...I can see ball marks all over the sides of the roller assembly.

That's a bummer, if ya know anyone with a machine shop maybe they could cut a channel in one of the sides at the very bottom 1/4 inch high to stand a strip on edge and polish the other side to act as a mirror. The ball wouldn't touch the strip cuz the contact point of the ball on the sides is over 1/2 inch high. I've stuck the narrow strips on my T3 ramps at the very top on the sides and the ball doesn't touch them. Maybe that could be done on the bottom of one of the sides. Does anyone have there roller assembly apart?

#498 8 years ago

Thanks for posting that. I'll pm you.

#501 8 years ago

I don't have one either. What the ....... FORSURE let us know what you find out.

#503 8 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Thanks for checking. I'm surprised that they'd leave out a $3 (retail) piece of plastic from an otherwise complete set.

Yeah when it probably only cost them 3 cents.

#509 8 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Heard from from CPR. Turns out that piece wasn't in the master design and out of the 400+ sets they've sold, I'm the first one to notice. They even had room on the sheet on which these are printed to include it, so they think it was just missed on the reference machine, but are checking internally with the designer for that set. I'm guessing no one wanted to bother to pop the rivets, but given how yellowed they have become, I'm surprised no one noticed this before and contacted CPR.

That was a quick reply by them, mine is still clear so I'm not in need but it would be nice to have for down the road. Did they say anything about making it and would it cost us anything? That guard actually does something important, it protects that switch but for how often a ball would fly up there is the question.

#511 8 years ago
Quoted from Morydees:

This is completely unrelated to ongoing discussions but I'd never seen this happen before so I thought I'd mention it.
So I was playing last night like usual, got multiball and sent both up the left ramp for a big wheel spin. Seeing as I'm back on the L4 ROM (L7/L8 were causing massive GI LED flicker), the Billion shot lights up immediately like usual. Normally the heart shot is all but guaranteed for me but, uncharacteristically, I missed both. No big deal I thought, I'll just get it up there with my next shot. Except somehow I managed to get BOTH balls back up the left ramp almost immediately. One a simple right flipper shot as it came down from the pop bumpers and the other a near tilt/drain save that I panicked and shot right up the left ramp. So here I am with a Billion shot lit and plenty of time on the counter except I've now put both balls back up the ramp again for another Big Wheel spin. "What will happen" I thought? Will it spin again or will it keep the Billion shot lit?
Now I'm sure I'm not the first person to do this so the fact that it spun again ended my Billion shot isn't groundbreaking. What WAS surprising is that for the first time in ~400 games I got the freakin' 50 MILLION on the big wheel! I was beginning to think it was my great white whale. Now I already know the L4 ROM has some serious oddities with the selection percentages being broken (Billion comes up way too often) but it'd always irked me that I would never get the 50 MILLION spin...until now. Coincidence or ROM flaw, who knows? I guess the next time I've got my glass off I should probably test it again. Maybe now I can actually get it to light Special/Extra Ball for once too

Very interesting report, I've never done that

#513 8 years ago

Hey Welcome (almost) to the club, about the only advise I can give you is GO LOOK AT THEM and compare. More money doesn't mean a better machine, as I can see from your pictures, forget that one. On another note my LAH is a re-import from your country, it has a funky sheetmetal coin door and no place to put coins in for play but it has a small coin chute on the door. Very strange.

So go with the the person you most trust to give you a fair deal and will help you with any trouble after the sale. If you need ramps, plastic set and helmet get them NOW while they are still available.

Keep us informed.

#517 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

They did but they are out of stock.
Ramps are still in stock. If you need one I recommend getting them now.
http://starship-fantasy.com/ramps/The-Machine-Bride-of-Pinbot-Ramp-Set

Last time I looked about a month ago they still had them. Oh well.

#519 8 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

do you think the ramps will be obsolete sometime soon ?

That's hard to say but with Peter talking about a 3 run of the pf a lot of guys will be looking for new EVERYTHING to put on the new pf's. And you know how long people have and are still waiting for new ramps for other games. Ours are still here so....

#521 8 years ago
Quoted from BigDan:

Any difference between the ramps linked above and these ones from Marco? besides the price...

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/RS1458

I know some replacement ramps fit better then others due to different thicknesses.

Don't know.

#524 8 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Does anyone know the exact paint color of the cabinet to match a few scuffed spots?

With how much they've faded over the years it won't do you any good.

#529 8 years ago
Quoted from Zonda716:

Finally, today. I reserved a BOP. Found "the one". Cabinet art has the "red" parts. It even has all the original manuals and papers it had when it was brand new. She'll be with me by the end of the year I will upload photos as soon as I could.

That sounds like a nice one, Congrats. Pictures when ya get her.

2 weeks later
#535 8 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

Makes me want to order one. I wonder if he will still take orders...

Contact him....but you better hurry.....like TODAY.

#537 8 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

I've been thinking the same, i may just get it all done professionally cause i just DON'T want to F@#$$K up that gorgeous playfield.

That's what I'm gonna do....I'll redo the cab and bb while that's being done.

#542 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Piece of cake

Which piece the cab and bb or the pf swap?

#544 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

The playfield, it may be tedious and time consuming, unless you have a great resource for someone that won't charge an arm and a leg. I don't trust anyone but myself around here

I see, my pintech will do the swap, he's done them before so he knows what to look for and what needs replacing. I've got to much to do to do everything and with a F'd up hand at the moment all the stuff that needs to be done has been pushed back till who knows when.

#546 8 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I wish I had a pin tech!

We've got a couple of great local ones here who make house calls and really know their stuff. Reasonable rates too and one lives only a few miles away too. I just wish I had a local arcade tech, I just can't get my MACH 3 laser game to work.

#548 8 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

You still having trouble getting that up and running MP? Roadtrip? Surely there must be someone over there that can get it sorted for you, did you ask the pinside user Pacman from the arcade thread, his work is awesome!
He may know of someone that can help as well, it may be a just a matter of sending off the boards, etc for repair work, might not need to send the whole machine.

Yeah still no luck, I'm no electronics guy by any stretch of the imagination so I have no idea what I'm doing. I asked Pacman and he doesn't know anything about the game. Laserdisc game repair is a lost art I guess, no one even able to trouble shoot the boards that I can find and it's such a FUN game to.

#550 8 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I'd ask in the KLOV forums, there are many more arcade collectors and repair people there. Laserdisc players are tricky, but I know there are people that repair them or make kits to convert it to running off a hard drive. I had a Dragon's Lair for a long time and read up on them a bunch.

I really should do that.

#552 8 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

Has anyone installed the LED OCD boards for bride. I just did mine and now my helmet doesn't light up anymore.

Contact herg.

1 week later
#559 8 years ago

Welcome to the club. She looks to be in fine shape. What are your plans?

#563 8 years ago

You bet we appreciate it. Now make a plug n play kit so we can do our games. GREAT job.

#565 8 years ago

No I didn't.

A walk in the park for some but I don't know squat about this kind of stuff. I'm lucky if I can read instillation instructions.

#569 8 years ago

and guys how about the helmet.....it actually works with leds.

#573 8 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Glad you all like it. For the LEDs in the helmet, I'm running the modified version L-8 ROM with ghosting and billionaires patches.

Oh I see.

#579 8 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

The adventure begins

DSC02012_(resized).JPGDSC02017_(resized).JPGDSC02018_(resized).JPGDSC02019_(resized).JPG

OH man, we'll be following.

#580 8 years ago
Quoted from wierdeer:

glue was a pain tho.... blisters on all my fingers when done

How did the dried mylar glue come off the inserts?

#583 8 years ago
Quoted from wierdeer:

fortunatly for me it was not baked on like the ones you encountered...came off with elbo greese

Man are you lucky. I just don't want to get into mine so it looks like I have a wall hanger.

#585 8 years ago
Quoted from wierdeer:

I've seen yours try putting a little mound of flour in the areas that are caked up then drip 90 or better isopropyl alcohol on the mounds let them soak for a little bit then rub off put fresh flour on your finger from time to time

I tried that and it took the decal off and still didn't do that much to the glue. The only thing to do is to pop out all the inserts, sand flat and epoxy back in and that's just for starters.

#588 8 years ago
Quoted from wierdeer:

Maybe chisel off glue and decal while in the game... intentionally raise the inserts with heat gun sand put on decals and reset flat

That's not the way it's done, the only way is the proper way.

#592 8 years ago
Quoted from wierdeer:

vid1900
Pinside member
Unknown
4y 45,650 23,495 15
Sharpen a chisel and hold it completely vertical (not at an angle like you normally use a chisel), the old clear and silkscreen will come right off.
Only do this on inserts you want to remove the printing, glue and clear coat from.
Also vid goes on about how to do this post# 863 in his giude

Well I never saw that one.

#594 8 years ago
Quoted from wierdeer:

I'm no expert.... This is my first playfield restoration. but vid on the other hand is in my opinion is an expert.read the guide front to back I believe it will inspire you to try

I've read parts of it but not for a while.

#597 8 years ago

Oh MAN....OH MAN....OH MAN....I'm sooooo excited. Just got the email from PPS saying my pf has been shipped. This wait is gonna KILL ME.

#600 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I got the email a few days ago too, it was all in German, so for all I know, they could be sending me chocolate, beer, and a poster of Farah Fawcett

To funny. I bought mine through PPS so mine was in English. Yours was shipped from Germany and mine from the US sooooo I wonder who will get theirs first, you or me.

#602 8 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Uuuuummmmm does anyone know how these wee things go back together ??
Seriously though, if i can draw peeps attention to the last 2 pics and here's some questions.
A) The wood portions that the cabs sit back on when in storage/transportation mode have completely gone to cheese, no idea why they seem to have water damage (board is flaking apart) cause the rest of the cab is super dooper tight all over, not even any popped seems. The question is has anyone replaced these before? and just how did they do it? or Suggestions??
B) Does anyone else's cab have the pink stickers attached (B19) surely that's not factory applied and if so i doubt it means the cab number?
Discussion and input needed please
Lastly, what's the best way to remove the side rails cause those suckers are stuck on bloody GOOD?

DSC02027_(resized).JPGDSC02026_(resized).JPGDSC02025_(resized).JPGDSC02020_(resized).JPGDSC02021_(resized).JPGDSC02022_(resized).JPGDSC02023_(resized).JPGDSC02024_(resized).JPGDSC02028_(resized).JPGDSC02029_(resized).JPG

I hope you took LOTS of pictures when taking things apart. The side rails should come off easy, they are just held on by the bolt and screw on each end and GOOD double sided tape in between. Heat one end with a heat gun, about a couple of inched and stick a putty knife under the bottom lip and GENTLY pry upward as you apply heat. When it begins to lift stick a wood door jam wedge (buy a package) next to the knife. Continue doing the same all the way down the rail every few inches. When I took off my SW rails I actually heard the tape go BANG when it let go of the rail. Startled me the first time it happened but with heat, gentle persuasion and time they came off without a single bend. BOP rails are a lot wider so extra care must be taken not to bend them.

The back of the cab is a mess an I can't help you with that. It looks like you may have to have that professionally repaired at a cabinet shop. In the container they usually come on their back like that from pictures I've seen so it looks like the container got water in it on the trip over. You can make your own rails out of oak and will be way better the what was on there new.

That B 19 might be a shipping container number or something when it was shipped???

#603 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

It's a race! Prize for the winner?

Bragging rights and a beer.

#605 8 years ago

Ready....set....GO! I didn't see any tracking # so I can't track mine. NUTS!!! I'll look again tomorrow.

#607 8 years ago

Is PPS in Sparks, NV? That's where my package was sent from.

#608 8 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

And a bonus Farrah Fawcet poster too me thinks
I've got to get the heat gun out to attack the old decals so will give that a crack on the side rails, sounds like the best option. Cheers
As for the B19, maybe a shipping container number but you would expect that on the outside of the cab not where it's positioned, got me stumped, i was hoping someone in the club may have the same thing on their machines. Also got some nice solid pieces of wood lying around so will make up a set of back rails for it. It does make me wonder if the originals are made out chipboard/particle board to add a little bit of a cushioning effect to the cab when on their backs?

Looks like your gonna have fun repairing that cab, is the bottom OK? You may have to replace that too because it may have gotten water damaged like the back. I would suggest the heavy duty leg braces when you start working on it, I'm putting them in mine when I do my cab.

#612 8 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Thanks MP, side rails came off really easy, i didn't even need to use the the chocks as it wasn't taped all along the length of the cab. Decals came off pretty easy too with the heat gun, still a bit of left over gunge to clean off and then on to the repair work. The cabinet is solid all over except those pesky back rails. I did manage to get one off without it busting into pieces so i can use it as a good template. I'm just going to do the Cab repair like you planned with yours and leave the playfield swap over to an expert. I would like to give it a crack sometime in the future but i am NOT going to practice it on my Bride

DSC02030_(resized).JPG

That's all great to hear. From your picture of the back it looked like the back cab panel was all swelled up and needed to be replaced. I hope that not the case. Keep pluggin away.

#613 8 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Now I can see!

Screenshot_(resized).png

Much better with eyes. How about a star field instead of just a black background?

#614 8 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Working on colours.

CabDecV1_(resized).png

Lookin good. I hope you can get a metallic look on your decals. She is chrome after all.

#617 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

High Five!!! I'm in

Oh boy look what came today. Registration looks great, colors are great but I have to tell you I'm underwhelmed by the quality of the clear. It's very smooth and shiny but about half of the inserts have edging (where the clear doesn't fill around the insert and leaves a depression between the insert and the playfield), some completly all the way around the insert. For the money I expected better.

IMGA0344[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0344[1]_(resized).JPG
IMGA0346[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0346[1]_(resized).JPG

IMGA0347[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0347[1]_(resized).JPG
IMGA0348[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0348[1]_(resized).JPG
IMGA0349[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0349[1]_(resized).JPG
IMGA0350[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0350[1]_(resized).JPG
IMGA0351[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0351[1]_(resized).JPG
IMGA0352[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0352[1]_(resized).JPG

#619 8 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Nice! I'm thinking more and more about getting a BoP after GB. Plenty of repro parts available for a restore.

Sounds good but no telling how long these repro parts will be available because of all of us rebuilding our games now.

#625 8 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

How much was the pf if you don't mind me asking? pm me if its secret.

$760 delivered from PPS.

#626 8 years ago
Quoted from RandyV:

Hey fellow BoP'ers. Not sure how I missed this thread earlier but I'm following now. I picked up a BoP five or six years ago and was on Peter's list for repro playfields from the start. I got my pf months ago but haven't had the time to tear down my machine yet. My original PF is completely paint checked. I love the Bride -- she is one of my favorites. I missed a lot of class because of her in college.
Tons of great info in this thread. I'll try to pitch in where I am able.

Hey nice to have you join us here Randy. Hope your buying the hard to get parts cuz who knows how long they will be around. Hope the rest of the game is in good shape. We got a lot of smart people in the club, not me though.

#627 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Buddy! you win!! I bet mine won't be here for a week or longer, I got a direct email from Peter yesterday...
That's really frustrating about the Clear. I've cleared a play field recently. and I gotta say, doing one as opposed to 50 at one time?!? ugh, I wanted my inserts perfect and it took 2 more steps than I was anticipating, which was about 6 more hours on the labor than would have been necessary had the insert work gone right the first time. I'm guessing that Peter couldn't justify spending a lot of extra time per play field to get them perfect.

Yeah I win but then I don't win. Talked to Kruzeman today and he said the edging will get worse with time so in about a month I'm sending it off to him. The inserts around the edge of the pf are perfect but the big center wheel and some above that are nasty and all the holes have serious clear ramp up so off to Kruzman it will go. What's another $700.

#628 8 years ago
Quoted from BigDan:

Well thats beyond disappointing to hear as his first batch's clear received RAVE reviews, some members going as far to say that it's the only pf they're NOT sending out for additional clear.
If mine shows up looking like it's going to need additional clear then I don't have a problem waiting for the 3rd run and this time order up the pre-production version and then sell my NIB 2nd batch to someone.

Yeah it's VERY disappointing, I expected better....not perfect but better. I just wonder how many of the first batch had insert edging like mine and what do they look like now. I run my fingers over them and you can really feel the edging let alone see it. Hope yours is better.

#630 8 years ago
Quoted from nightsearcher:

Just got word from PPS a couple days ago that my playfield was on its way to me in Canada. Hope mine is decent, as I have to reclear it myself. I use Endura polyurethane. Are the inserts high or sunk down??

I hope yours is good. One or 2 feel a bit high but that could be because of the depression between the insert and the pf. The inserts around the outside of the pf you can't see or feel there's an insert there they are that perfect, like a piece of glass. I'm guessing that when they sanded the 2nd clear coat (I think the second run had 3 coats) that they spent most of their time sanding the outside of the pf surface and not that much time on the center of the pf. That's what it seams like to me anyway.

#632 8 years ago

I was looking at it last night with the light from an overhead florescent light with a plastic diffuser on it so the reflection shows a diamond like pattern. The surface showed the pattern really faithfully until I got to 3 inserts all in the center circle inset pattern. They showed a pattern that was concave so those 3 inserts are actually cupped, 2 I can feel and one I can't but I can see. I gotta get this pf redone.

#633 8 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

really suprised to hear this as mine is from the first batch, doesnt have these issues and as has held up well.

That's great to hear, mine is gonna need some work. Hey that's pinball.

#635 8 years ago
Quoted from wierdeer:

hmm second guessing this purchase.

I wouldn't if I were you, mine is light years better then what's in my game now and who knows if they will ever run this pf in our lifetime. Better jump on it. I just want mine to be perfect and am willing to pay for it.

#638 8 years ago
Quoted from wierdeer:

i guse if it was just the clear i could find out exactly what they use and have another coat done here

If you did that just make sure you don't go through their clear when you sand it before you apply your clear. It might take a couple sessions of sanding and clearing to get it just right.

#640 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I posted about the insert edges here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-bride-of-pinbot-repro-playfield-list-closing/page/5 (starting at post 241) and Peter addressed that concern. He was stating it's un-avoidable. I'm assuming that more of the first batch owners will start to see it over time to.
For what it is worth, in the game I can barely tell unless I'm looking just for it. May have something to do with the size of the inserts having to be used. Not sure though. Still makes for a great game

Yes I read and commented about that. But my concern is that my new pf came with the edging already there and over time it got worse I'd REALLY be miffed. So I'm gonna wait a month or 6 and give it to Ron to do his magic. I'm in no hurry.

1 week later
#650 8 years ago
Quoted from Zonda716:

Finally, she's with me.
She needs some basic and little adjustments, but overall it plays good and I'm surprised how fast she plays.
Only "major" issue I'm facing is that sometimes she likes to start on the third head. I'll try to figure out that later.

IMG_8554_(Custom)_(resized).JPGIMG_8556_(Custom)_(resized).JPG20160205_224317_(resized).jpgIMG_8559_(Custom)_(resized).JPGIMG_8560_(Custom)_(resized).JPGIMG_8561_(Custom)_(resized).JPGIMG_8562_(Custom)_(resized).JPGIMG_8563_(Custom)_(resized).JPGIMG_8566_(Custom)_(resized).JPGIMG_8565_(Custom)_(resized).JPGIMG_8568_(Custom)_(resized).JPGIMG_8570_(Custom)_(resized).JPGIMG_8571_(Custom)_(resized).JPGIMG_8572_(Custom)_(resized).JPGIMG_8573_(Custom)_(resized).JPGIMG_8574_(Custom)_(resized).JPGIMG_8575_(Custom)_(resized).JPGIMG_8577_(Custom)_(resized).JPGIMG_8579_(Custom)_(resized).JPGIMG_8580_(Custom)_(resized).JPGIMG_8581_(Custom)_(resized).JPG

Hey welcome to the club Zonda, did someone redecal your cab? The colors look perfect.

#652 8 years ago

Wow, never heard a story like that, you got a good deal. Take good care of her.

#660 8 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Quick video showing Mustang Pauls shooter lane lights along with the Bright Caps being installed...Sorry for the wrong angle on the camera but finally got MustangPauls shooter light installed. I tapped into the flasher in the shooter lane...tried polishing up the metal assembly and overall it turned out really nice....anxious to see how it plays with the rest of the game...
Thanks Mustang Paul!
» YouTube video

Hey that looks pretty neat, thanks for posting a vid. That was a blue strip wasn't it?

#666 8 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Does anyone know if the chrome helmet is being sold anywhere?? My helmet is "structurally" as new, but the chrome has chipped off in a lot of places. Before i go to the lengths of getting it re-chromed (which COSTS) thought i would check first to see if anyone has some leads. I've looked in all the places i can think of with no luck whatsoever

Have you tried emailing Starship and letting them know there's demand for it?

#668 8 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I swear it was available everywhere a year ago, but now seems to be sold out. But with all the reproduction playfields and Bride 2.0 kits being sold, the demand for them is definitely out there, many people are restoring old Brides right now.

That's why I've been telling people to get ramps and stuff while the gettin is good.

#675 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Negative sir, one does not merely shoot krylon at his bride

Kinky.

#676 8 years ago
Quoted from Morydees:

Yep, I had two sources in stock just a few months ago when Paul nudged me into getting one anyway. He was right, stock has disappeared since then sadly. Definitely get yourself on some wait lists and we'll stoke the fire.

I'm good at spending other peoples money.

#682 8 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Not as yet MP, pretty sure they would know about the demand though i would think.

I really appreciate the offer, TY. With the shipping cost and about $65-$85 (guess) for the actual helmet And after converting over to our crapola dollar rate it's about the same price as getting my helmet chromed. Going off the quality i've seen and experienced from the guys i've used before over here ( i had an STTNG shooter handle done before) the end result will be stunning. To be honest the last helmet i bought which was about 2 years ago had very ordinary chrome on it, flaked extremely easy

Especially if it's been shot by a Cylon (groans from the audience)

1 week later
#684 8 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Yesterday i messaged the guys at Pinball Life asking if there would be a run of BOP light baffles as i noticed they have been selling certain other ones on their site. They told me they would look into it and that it would probably have to be done in 2 parts due to the size. I don't know about all you guys but the one on my machine is getting very brittle and had some pieces broken off here and there, it is usable but on it's way out!!
I'd sure like to replace this part when i get my machine restored later in the year, perhaps if they get some more requests for this baffle it "may" add a little more interest for them to make it JOIN me in my quest please

Hey good idea.

#687 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Mine wasn't holding a thing and the pics on HEP's site showed it not attached to anything. Since it was an eye sore with no real purpose (that I could find) I removed it when I put my game back together.

Same here.

#689 8 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

I am so close to finishing the PF swap. Have a couple of lights coming in from CT hopefully this weekend and will have her tested out by Sunday.
Was having a hell of a time calibrating the head. Must have adjusted the switch 5 times and how the face box is aligned with the back of the PF mount.....Funny how the damn thing won't calibrate regardless of how many times you adjust the switch when the two wires coming from that switch are not plugged in.

Sounds like your having fun but hey....plug the connectors in. ....sorry just had to do that.

You gonna put the Angle Eye start button on?

#692 8 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

yeah...I was testing things before installing the ramps...had a lot of connectors hanging down under the PF. Total rookie mistake.
I am considering the angel eye start, and the Shuttle Ramp mod. Right now I'm just focusing on getting the PF together and playing at 100%. I'll post some pics this weekend....

Yeah it can get crazy if you have a bunch of plugs just hanging.

yes pictures please.

#695 8 years ago
Quoted from Buthamburg:

Hello to all.
We are now finally online. http://www.perfectplayfields.com/
It was a battle, not the solution we wanted, but now we are online with a few parts.
We will still need alot of hours to optimze all
Regards from Hamburg
Peter

Thanks Peter. Now if I could read it.

#697 8 years ago
Quoted from Buthamburg:

Hihihi, yes. The English version is in work.
But you can look at pictures, the are the same as in English
Ill try my best to get it done as soon as possible.
I must first do some playfields, lost to much time on the pages.

Thanks man, but the pictures are in German too so.....

1 week later
#704 8 years ago
Quoted from Les73gtx:

Got this message this morning .... rather disappointing as that is the last piece I really need to complete my Resto mod.
Good morning
We have been trying vigorously to get the Machine Helmet Plastic piece back in stock. At this time the vendor has no ETA on when he will be able to make this. We have canceled the back order request at this time because with no ETA we do not feel comfortable keeping the order open.
Thank you kindly
Shannon
Marco Specialties Customer Support

Oh man that's a BUMMER. I wonder what the hell the problem with the vendor is? They lost the mold?

#705 8 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

may be worth checking these guys out. Found them mentioned in another thread. I have never used them or know what they would charge to re-chrome the plastic helmet.
http://mmmetalizing.com/

I had them rechrome my R2D2 head, $60 with free return shipping. Looks good now

1 week later
#721 8 years ago
Quoted from Morydees:

Long overdue but I finally got around to installing some Comet Pinball "Matrix" LED strips that MustangPaul recommended. It's always bugged me how imbalanced/dark the left side of the game was and rather than just toss a few purple strips in there, I decided to light the ramp. This was done by strategically placing strips below it at a distance that would diffuse the light and not show the individual LEDs. I originally started with white but the bleed off was too jarring but switching to purple gave me a nice side glow and lit the ramp just fine. I documented the whole thing and may post a separate thread if there's any interest.
Anyway, had I known about Art's new frosted strips it would have been much easier but I'm stoked with how it came out. Like Paul said, his pricing/products/service are top notch. While I was in there I also lit up the flippers (3SMD LED), gave the pop bumper area some attention and finally got a crystal clear, zero flicker LED setup to work on the helmet lights. Productive weekend!
Video: » YouTube video

FullShot2_(resized).jpgLeftRamp2_(resized).jpgBOP_Comet_Pinball_LED_Strip_Before_and_After_(resized).jpg

Oh man you did a GREAT job on that, the ramp looks PERFECT!! That Matrix is some cool sheet aint it. I've been holding off on that for toooo long Now all ya gotta do is put a color changing strip in the bottom of the shooter lane. Looking forward to your how to post. And what did you do to the sound of you game...it KICKS ASS!

#723 8 years ago

Yup Art knows his leds and is always thinking.

It has got to be the phone, the picture and sound are great especially coming through puter sound system with kick ass sub.

Under the rubber rollers, whatever you like. I'm gonna go with a color changing strip with different patterns. That is really a looooong dark strip on the side of the game that need some kind of light (IMO) badly. The front of my cab will be getting beatmasters shooter housing light up and it already has my leg light-ups and lit start button.

#727 8 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

I threw 4 color changers in the face inserts on the speaker panel...looks niiiice and ads a bit of animation to the bg area.

I like that idea. Fast or slow change?

#728 8 years ago
Quoted from Morydees:

Yeah, that side does need some love. I was half tempted to light the right shuttle over there (usually only flashes) or maybe find a way to light the logos under the right ramp, but I really like your idea. Excited to see what you come up with! As for the Beatmaster, does he actually have them in purple? His ad still shows the basic blue/red/etc so I never looked into it.

Thanks and agreed!

To answer your pm here are some pictures. I'm pretty sure beatmaster used the same purple strips as I did for my leg light up. My camera is crap and the color looks much better in real life. I draw 12v power from the service outlet using a 12v wall wort and plug that into a DK distribution box. Pictured is the setup on my BF which would be the same for BOP or any game where 12v power is needed. It's inconvient to plug and unplug the wall wort to power the mods on and off but it takes a big load off the 30 year old game power board.

IMGA0179[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0179[1]_(resized).JPG

IMGA0188[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0188[1]_(resized).JPG

IMGA0322[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0322[1]_(resized).JPG

#729 8 years ago

Crap, one picture didn't upload, here it is.

IMGA0323[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0323[1]_(resized).JPG

#732 8 years ago
Quoted from Morydees:

You know, that would work very well for me given that I power my machine off/on with a remote that cuts power at the main plug. Good call!
The remotes I use fwiw: amazon.com link »

Nice, each outlet handles 1200 watts-10 amp.

#734 8 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Woo hoo! Just joined the club last night. Everything on top of the playfield recently replaced and all new. Mylar removed and playfield looks very nice. Cab has had some touch up done but in my opinion it looks very nice. Here's to looking forward to really getting to know this classic game better. A local buddy has a totally restored BOP which is first what wet my whistle to join the club you folks.
I might try talking my buddy into touching up my playfield a little and giving it a clearcoat. Tim, if you're reading this, be prepared!

Congrats, Welcome to the club. That sounds like a real bute. I think it's a game that will continue to go up in value if you keep it nice. Lots of mods in the thread so I hope you get some ideas. Have you read all the posts yet? Lots of good info here. If your game doesn't have them get the ramp protectors ASAP, they are worth there weight in gold.

#737 8 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Work great to cover up previously chipped and cracked ramp entrances also.
http://www.passionforpinball.com/bop_ramps.htm

Yup those are the ones. Thanks RCA.

#739 8 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

I'm thinking of make a few plug and play kits of my interactive shuttle ramp and face lighting.
Attract mode:» YouTube video
Gameplay: » YouTube video
I already have one request, and I *think* I can do them for around $100 (plus shipping), but I am probably a month or two away from getting everything together to make these. Just PM me if you are interested.

Oh man that looks great but the pops need to be lit more. It's a complete kit I take it and plug-n-play? I'd take one.

#741 8 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Thanks Paul. Yes -- it would be a complete plug and play kit. Pops . . . this set up only has two channels for addressable LEDs (one for the shuttle ramp and one for the face). To just light those up, Comet's matrix would be a good option.

I really like how the ramp leds sweep all the way back behind the head. Gonna need detailed instruction with this one. I see about the pops, I have Comets rings on mine and they REALLY light up that area. Your pop area looks really dark.

#755 8 years ago

Did you try to put the led strip on the top of the center drain playfield metal? That way you don't have to disconnect it every time you take the apron off.

#760 8 years ago
Quoted from Morydees:

I'm wishing I did now Honestly, I've had mine off so rarely but I didn't even think of that. I made the connection easy to pull but next time I've got the glass off I'll explore that for sure.

That's what I did with all my games and it works perfectly, no reflection on the pf too. You just have to make sure that you position it right by using the slight shadow it will cast of the flippers. Make sure the shadows are even.

1 week later
#765 8 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Will do! Glad to see so many people interested in it.

That's because it's a cool mod on a cool game.

1 week later
#773 8 years ago

or you could spray it with black light clear (it lights up under bl) and put bl bulbs in it. That would be different.

#775 8 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

I painted a spare helmet which needed bog work to fix some holes and did it using model paint (Alclad II Laquer) in the prismatic colour Sapphire to Deep Blue. Turned out ok but i was too heavy handed on the coats and it was too dark. I've got another helmet that i just had "something" done to it
I'm keeping mum about it til it turns up in the mail, lol, All will be revealed. Only thing i will say is that peeps will either love it or hate it, i doubt there will be any inbetweeners

Can't wait, you always do cool stuff.

#778 8 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Thanks MP but i doubt any of my "machine fiddlings" stacks up to your Led Mods

We shall see.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.99
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Albany, NY
$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 40.00
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 9.95
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
$ 27.95
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

442 posts in this topic match your search for posts by mustangpaul. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mustangpaul.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-clubnon-20/page/1?tu=mustangpaul and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.