2 (resized).jpg
20230107_193858 (resized).jpg
BOP_pinbot_values (resized).png
DSC06303 (resized).JPG
DSC06302 (resized).JPG
DSC06301 (resized).JPG
CE093284-D2E7-434C-94F7-231E5F890FC5 (resized).jpeg
20230730_133932 (resized).jpg
There are 2,688 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 54.
#801 8 years ago

I just posted a thread about my BOP head turning around and around like the exorcist. Please take a look and give any suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-exorcist-head

#802 8 years ago

I gonna have an extra set of cab decals. Picked up an extra set with a Machine that is getting ready for the total makeover. Can send pics

#803 8 years ago

My son had friends over last night and turned on bop without me knowing it. I went to play some pinball and noticed it was on and ready to play. Hit start and game played with no problem. For now at least my phantom issue is gone as quick as it came. Hopefully it stays that way.

#804 8 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

My son had friends over last night and turned on bop without me knowing it. I went to play some pinball and noticed it was on and ready to play. Hit start and game played with no problem. For now at least my phantom issue is gone as quick as it came. Hopefully it stays that way.

After reading through the attached link and then your last post i gotta agree with the cracked solder joint scenario. The longer a machine has been left on then everything obviously heats up so a dodgy joint starts to work better. I had a similar issue with an unrelated machine (Daytona USA), the longer it was left turned on then the problem "Temporarily" resolved itself

#805 8 years ago

Woo-hoo! I finished the first two BoP Pinduino kits! They took a bit longer than expected due to having to design a new WPC Pinduino Board and an adaptor board to get clearance off the power driver board. They are packed and ready to be shipped to the first two testers.

IMG_5707_(resized).JPGIMG_5707_(resized).JPG

IMG_5715_(resized).JPGIMG_5715_(resized).JPG

IMG_5716_(resized).JPGIMG_5716_(resized).JPG

IMG_5719_(resized).JPGIMG_5719_(resized).JPG

#806 8 years ago

The next set of tester kits should be ready in a week or two. I ran out of board-mounted plugs due to the new adaptor boards (which doubles the number I need per kit).

Also, I've update the instructions: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MLP6dfrXEHKzagEaGHgIDAJDE9ru7fXbJFnbxBFeEaE/edit
If anyone want to build this themselves, the complete list of parts is at the top of the instructions. Feel free to PM me if there are any parts or steps that I missed or are not clear, or if you have any questions.

#807 8 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

The next set of tester kits should be ready in a week or two. I ran out of board-mounted plugs due to the new adaptor boards (which doubles the number I need per kit).
Also, I've update the instructions: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MLP6dfrXEHKzagEaGHgIDAJDE9ru7fXbJFnbxBFeEaE/edit
If anyone want to build this themselves, the complete list of parts is at the top of the instructions. Feel free to PM me if there are any parts or steps that I missed or are not clear, or if you have any questions.

awesome job and looks great ... instructions look good to me. Waiting patiently for the next batch.

1 week later
#808 7 years ago

Does BOP have the standard John Trudeau flipper gap?

#809 7 years ago
Quoted from BigDan:

Does BOP have the standard John Trudeau flipper gap?

Flipper gap is the same as most WPC and System 11 Williams games.

2 weeks later
#810 7 years ago

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#811 7 years ago

Hey they look great, I'll take a set.

#812 7 years ago

Looking forward to my set arriving!

#813 7 years ago
Quoted from Morydees:

Looking forward to my set arriving!

Looks like there will be 3 of us.

#814 7 years ago

Thank you guys, They look much better in person, the pics don't do them justice.

#815 7 years ago

Hello to all.

The boards have been printed and the first clear has been applied. We have to wait a bit so that the clear coat can settle.
Then we will sand them down and send them for the second clear coat.

Wish you all a nice day.
Regards from Hamburg
Peter
http://www.buthamburg.de

1 week later
#816 7 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Anyone know how to cut these to size?

I would freeze it before cutting chop saw would work if frozen

#817 7 years ago
Quoted from wierdeer:

I would freeze it before cutting chop saw would work if frozen

Which I could remember what this was in reference to. Can't find my post on wanting to cut something.

#818 7 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Thank you guys, They look much better in person, the pics don't do them justice.

Picked up a set even though I've got a extra set of discontinued arcade skin decals !

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#819 7 years ago

Hey Andy mine came today, man they look GREAT. What kind of clear coating do they have on them?

#820 7 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Which I could remember what this was in reference to. Can't find my post on wanting to cut something.

It was in reference to the skill shot rubber donuts

#821 7 years ago

I used to have to cut and drill rubber to make grommets for water pipes(bongs)... I blow glass for a living, But now they all have glass fittings so I haven't used grommets in years... Freezing make it rigid enough to tool

1 week later
#822 7 years ago

I Was wondering if anybody thinks it would be possible to do a mod kinda like cftbl hologram screen on the last two faces in bop? Would be great for 2.0... Obviously you couldn't use eyes and mouth faces cause they have holes but pretty sure you could fit a screen or two on other two and maybe wire them thru a 360 degree rotating switch. Thoughts anybody?

#823 7 years ago

Hey Don, here's that picture of the strips. You'll be looking for the narrow strip on the bottom.

IMGA0740[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0740[1]_(resized).JPG

#824 7 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Surprised there's no pics posted yet...

#825 7 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

I guess no one has installed them? Only took me 20 or so minutes with the playfield still in proped up

#826 7 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

I'm saving mine for when my game gets redone. I had to get them now when they were available.

#827 7 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I guess no one has installed them? Only took me 20 or so minutes with the playfield still in proped up

Wow, that quick eh? I've been crazy busy at work and haven't touched the machine in a while but you might have just convinced me. Either way, when I do finally get in there I'll definitely post pics!

#828 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I'm saving mine for when my game gets redone. I had to get them now when they were available.

Gonna order extra sets... Just in case

#829 7 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Gonna order extra sets... Just in case

No, with the pf out they'll go in easy.

#830 7 years ago

How long does the 2.0 install take. ?

I'm having family over tomorrow and would like to know how long it should take someone who has installed his fair share of mods

Thanks

#831 7 years ago

almost 2 hrs for me...

#832 7 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

First off, the blades look amazing. Unrolled them today and was just about to install but I noticed I've got some pretty tight clearance when raising the playfield. There's slight black paint wear equally on both sides so it doesn't seem like it's off center. Having never done blades on a pin before, is this just something funky with my cabinet? Slight wood expansion based on climate or simple factory variance? The last thing I want to do is wreck these beauties.

edit: After further experimenting it seems like my PF can rock slightly left or right 2-3mm, meaning the area closest to the front of the machine gets occasional friction. I guess there's some play in how the PF hooks rest on the bolts since they just rest on it. Hmm...

#833 7 years ago
Quoted from Morydees:

First off, the blades look amazing. Unrolled them today and was just about to install but I noticed I've got some pretty tight clearance when raising the playfield. There's slight black paint wear equally on both sides so it doesn't seem like it's off center. Having never done blades on a pin before, is this just something funky with my cabinet? Slight wood expansion based on climate or simple factory variance? The last thing I want to do is wreck these beauties.
edit: After further experimenting it seems like my PF can rock slightly left or right 2-3mm, meaning the area closest to the front of the machine gets occasional friction. I guess there's some play in how the PF hooks rest on the bolts since they just rest on it. Hmm...

That's one of the reasons I'm not putting mine on now. When I redo my cab I'm going to sand the heck out of those sides to increase the pf clearance and maybe even sand the sides of the pf too.

#834 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That's one of the reasons I'm not putting mine on now. When I redo my cab I'm going to sand the heck out of those sides to increase the pf clearance and maybe even sand the sides of the pf too.

I believe sanding the pf some will help the most... I recently did the whole 9 to my MM, and I sanded the cab like crazy, it didn't make a difference, I should have sanded the pf, I had room on the pf to remove 1/16" from both sides. One day I may do it , but for now the pf on that MM will scrape the walls every time

#835 7 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I believe sanding the pf some will help the most... I recently did the whole 9 to my MM, and I sanded the cab like crazy, it didn't make a difference, I should have sanded the pf, I had room on the pf to remove 1/16" from both sides. One day I may do it , but for now the pf on that MM will scrape the walls every time

Interesting, thanks. Do you still have extra sets for sale by chance? I don't really have plans to pull my PF any time soon so I may just try sanding the front 12-16" with a shop-vac and some sheets to cover the area. They look too good to sit in the tube for a few months so as long as you have more, I'll risk it

On the bright side, I did get lyonsden's slick Pinduino kit for the ramp/head lights installed today along with some much needed Cliffy's for the return lanes. Ball hop was fierce. I should have some pics/vids of the Pinduino up soon but I did snap a pic of the blades before packing them up again.

BOP_Blade_Decal_-_Chosen_(resized).jpgBOP_Blade_Decal_-_Chosen_(resized).jpg

#836 7 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Thanks, that's good to know.

#837 7 years ago
Quoted from Morydees:

On the bright side, I did get lyonsden's slick Pinduino kit for the ramp/head lights installed today along with some much needed Cliffy's for the return lanes. Ball hop was fierce. I should have some pics/vids of the Pinduino up soon but I did snap a pic of the blades before packing them up again.

I'll be watching for that.

#838 7 years ago

Here ya go Paul. Cross-posting in case the Pinduino thread I originally put it in ever goes away.

Installed my Pinduino kit with lyonsden's code this weekend and it turned out great. I was initially interested because of the ramp but the brightening of the head area really brings the machine alive. That and the effect during Jackpot were pleasant surprises and are two of my favorite things about it. Since pictures really can't do it justice, I took some video during testing. In it you've got all the major events like Metamorphosis (@4:00)and Jackpot (@5:20) so you can see the various effects.

I also documented most of the installation from the perspective of someone who did not want to remove the playfield. Eric warned me it might be tight but he was right that it was possible. It took about 90 minutes to install and a good chunk of that was tidying up cable runs and getting the left ramp LED strip lined up juuuuust right. The parts involved:
Pinduino_Kit_(resized).jpgPinduino_Kit_(resized).jpg

Board assembly before inserting into J126. This is the 0.3b version.
Pinduino_Before_Install_(resized).jpgPinduino_Before_Install_(resized).jpg

The unit installed into J126. The extension pass-through allows the cables behind to pass through freely without being pinches. Not pictured is the J118 power connection off to the left powering the board.
Pinduino_J126_Installed_(resized).jpgPinduino_J126_Installed_(resized).jpg

Installation of the head LEDs. I made sure to run cables over the top so they don't interfere with the rotating head. Much easier if you have the playfield out as you can tie it up behind for extra protection. NOTE: If your gap between the black metal frame and plastic is very tight, you might consider some tape/heat shrink around the wires to protect from pinching since you've got two sets on this side. Mine had decent clearance so I went without.
Pinduino_Head_LED_(resized).jpgPinduino_Head_LED_(resized).jpg

Here you can see how tucked in the head LEDs are once installed. It's hidden well enough that you don't see them at all from normal play position but you may catch a glimpse walking up from the side. I doubt this would bother most people but there's enough room under the helmet to get creative if you want. A 1"X6" black plastic piece glued to black metal bracket could extend it upward into the helmet plastic another 1/2" to 3/4" to hide it even higher up.
Pinduino_Head_Hidden_(resized).jpgPinduino_Head_Hidden_(resized).jpg

To get the left ramp LED strip in, I ran it from under the playfield, out the lower left ramp hole and along the back of the ramp without removing anything else. PF removal is obviously preferred if you can but I'm good at improvising and fairly patient, even with my big hands taking up space. I started by bending the strip gently until it had a bit of curve to it so I could better feed it around the posts and up to the right, above the head. I then poked the end out above the head plastic so I could remove about a half-inch of the double sided tape cover. This way only a very small part would stick at any given time, allowing me to stick/unstick it until I had it lined up right.
Pinduino_LED_Strip_Running2_(resized).jpgPinduino_LED_Strip_Running2_(resized).jpg

Once I had the sticky end in place, I carefully pulled off the rest of the protective cover, making sure to keep it level/tight by gently pulling from the lower left ramp area where the LED strip was first inserted (next pic below). This way it sort of "hugged" the curve of the ramp as I peeled back slowly and evenly. Every few inches or so I would stop, bend my fingers around to the back side and press the strip to the plastic to affix it. Eric's warning in the instructions about the tape being incredibly sticky are 100% accurate so take your time here and be sure to only press down when you're sure.
Pinduino_LED_Strip_Peeling_(resized).jpgPinduino_LED_Strip_Peeling_(resized).jpg

The other end of the strip at the left ramp entrance. I worked my way from the top down to this area after making sure the LED length was accurate with a dry test fit.
Pinduino_Strip_Running3_(resized).jpgPinduino_Strip_Running3_(resized).jpg

Last but not least, tidying up the cables by running them through the original factory wire loom. All in all, a fairly simple project with great bang for the buck that looks amazing right out of the box...and it's customizable if you want to tinker with it. I couldn't be happier with the end result. Thanks Eric!
Pinduino_J126_Tidy_(resized).jpgPinduino_J126_Tidy_(resized).jpg

#839 7 years ago

Just reading all the BOP posts. Just bought another one. I'd sold the other years back when I got out of the hobby. MY first pin again now since 05. Bought a new playfield from Peter. I have a new set of insert decals and I'm going to make to old playfield look like a white wood. Going to strip and sand it and apply several coats of clear. I have a good used set of used plastics and a heartbeat ramp that I've replaced and would sell all for $50.00 + shipping. I beefed up the entrance with ball guide metal where it was broken.

#840 7 years ago
Quoted from Morydees:

Installed my Pinduino kit with lyonsden's code this weekend and it turned out great. I was initially interested because of the ramp but the brightening of the head area really brings the machine alive. That and the effect during Jackpot were pleasant surprises and are two of my favorite things about it. Since pictures really can't do it justice, I took some video during testing. In it you've got all the major events like Metamorphosis (@4:00)and Jackpot (@5:20) so you can see the various effects.
» YouTube video
I also documented most of the installation from the perspective of someone who did not want to remove the playfield. Eric warned me it might be tight but he was right that it was possible. It took about 90 minutes to install and a good chunk of that was tidying up cable runs and getting the left ramp LED strip lined up juuuuust right. The parts involved:

Board assembly before inserting into J126. This is the 0.3b version.

The unit installed into J126. The extension pass-through allows the cables behind to pass through freely without being pinches. Not pictured is the J118 power connection off to the left powering the board.

Installation of the head LEDs. I made sure to run cables over the top so they don't interfere with the rotating head. Much easier if you have the playfield out as you can tie it up behind for extra protection. NOTE: If your gap between the black metal frame and plastic is very tight, you might consider some tape/heat shrink around the wires to protect from pinching since you've got two sets on this side. Mine had decent clearance so I went without.

Here you can see how tucked in the head LEDs are once installed. It's hidden well enough that you don't see them at all from normal play position but you may catch a glimpse walking up from the side. I doubt this would bother most people but there's enough room under the helmet to get creative if you want. A 1"X6" black plastic piece glued to black metal bracket could extend it upward into the helmet plastic another 1/2" to 3/4" to hide it even higher up.

To get the left ramp LED strip in, I ran it from under the playfield, out the lower left ramp hole and along the back of the ramp without removing anything else. PF removal is obviously preferred if you can but I'm good at improvising and fairly patient, even with my big hands taking up space. I started by bending the strip gently until it had a bit of curve to it so I could better feed it around the posts and up to the right, above the head. I then poked the end out above the head plastic so I could remove about a half-inch of the double sided tape cover. This way only a very small part would stick at any given time, allowing me to stick/unstick it until I had it lined up right.

Once I had the sticky end in place, I carefully pulled off the rest of the protective cover, making sure to keep it level/tight by gently pulling from the lower left ramp area where the LED strip was first inserted (next pic below). This way it sort of "hugged" the curve of the ramp as I peeled back slowly and evenly. Every few inches or so I would stop, bend my fingers around to the back side and press the strip to the plastic to affix it. Eric's warning in the instructions about the tape being incredibly sticky are 100% accurate so take your time here and be sure to only press down when you're sure.

The other end of the strip at the left ramp entrance. I worked my way from the top down to this area after making sure the LED length was accurate with a dry test fit.

Last but not least, tidying up the cables by running them through the original factory wire loom. All in all, a fairly simple project with great bang for the buck that looks amazing right out of the box...and it's customizable if you want to tinker with it. I couldn't be happier with the end result. Thanks Eric!

Thanks for posting that. I'm gonna have to get this mod.

#841 7 years ago
Quoted from JanS:

Just reading all the BOP posts. Just bought another one. I'd sold the other years back when I got out of the hobby. MY first pin again now since 05. Bought a new playfield from Peter. I have a new set of insert decals and I'm going to make to old playfield look like a white wood. Going to strip and sand it and apply several coats of clear. I have a good used set of used plastics and a heartbeat ramp that I've replaced and would sell all for $50.00 + shipping. I beefed up the entrance with ball guide metal where it was broken.

Welcome back!

Quoted from MustangPaul:

Thanks for posting that. I'm gonna have to get this mod.

Yeah, it's pretty slick. I should grab the software and see what else I can tinker with/customize. Here's one more quick vid closer up with end-game/attract.

#842 7 years ago
Quoted from Morydees:

Welcome back!

Yeah, it's pretty slick. I should grab the software and see what else I can tinker with/customize. Here's one more quick vid closer up with end-game/attract.
» YouTube video

You had the glass on the game for this one and the camera tried to focus on the glass.

#843 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

You had the glass on the game for this one and the camera tried to focus on the glass.

Whoops, looked decent on skimming but you're right. I'll grab more next time I have it off but it gives you a rough idea of the glare/angle off the LEDs. Come to think of it, I wonder if Comet is planning on doing RGB versions of their slick frosted strips...

#844 7 years ago
Quoted from Morydees:

I wonder if Comet is planning on doing RGB versions of their slick frosted strips...

That would be up to the new owner to decide but I agree it would be slick. But using those inexpensive effects modules that come with the RGB strips is that I find they don't do a very good job of fading between the colors, they tend to do more of a jump, only holding a solid color (RGB) for just a fraction of a second. They really piss me off and ruin the fade effect.

I bought RGB strips that were encased in hard plastic, 4 strips a controller and a 4 input hub and those fade just beautifully but are very spendy. You can tell that the controller has good electronic circuits inside.

#845 7 years ago
Quoted from Morydees:

Here ya go Paul. Cross-posting in case the Pinduino thread I originally put it in ever goes away.

Man, I hope the pinduino thread doesn't go away! Seriously, wonderful write up and thanks again for taking all the photos of the installation. If anyone is interested in a kit (or making this yourself and just wants a Pinduino), feel free to send me a PM.

#846 7 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Man, I hope the pinduino thread doesn't go away! Seriously, wonderful write up and thanks again for taking all the photos of the installation. If anyone is interested in a kit (or making this yourself and just wants a Pinduino), feel free to send me a PM.

I'm going to install mine ASAP now, looks beautiful

Morydees; I'm so glad you yell at your bride like I do mine

#847 7 years ago
Quoted from Morydees:

Code for this and everything else I've written for the Pinduino is 100% free and open source (GPL). Please clone it, mod it, develop something better, post it, share it, and send me a pull request (happy to add it to the code base).

https://github.com/elyons/professor_pinball_pinduino_sketches/blob/master/BOP-ramp-head/BOP-ramp-head.ino

#848 7 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Morydees; I'm so glad you yell at your bride like I do mine

Haha, you bet I do. I was actually trying not to say much since I was documenting but I couldn't help it and that slipped through

#849 7 years ago
Quoted from Morydees:

Haha, you bet I do. I was actually trying not to say much since I was documenting but I couldn't help it and that slipped through

It's hard to do especially when you have people over.

#850 7 years ago

any BOP's in and around PA thinking of divorce? i'm available.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 9.95
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
3,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Firestone, CO
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 9.99
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Albany, NY
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
$ 9.95
$ 27.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,688 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 54.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-clubnon-20/page/17?hl=les73gtx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.