Topic Stats

• 1,785 posts
  • 161 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by Mancave
  • Topic is favorited by 71 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 652 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSC04589 (resized).JPG
DSC04587 (resized).JPG
DSC04586 (resized).JPG
WIP_BOP 5 (resized).jpg
20191109_162618 (resized).jpg
20190210_081722 (resized).jpg
DSC04584 (resized).JPG
DSC04583 (resized).JPG
DSC04582 (resized).JPG
DSC04581 (resized).JPG
DSC04580 (resized).JPG
DSC04579 (resized).JPG
DSC04578 (resized).JPG
DSC04576 (resized).JPG
DSC04569 (resized).JPG
DSC04568 (resized).JPG

There are 1785 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 36.
#751 3 years ago

hi boys , if you look for the helmet (03-8548)look of freddy pinball paradise in Germany

#753 3 years ago

Www.freddys-pinball-paradise.de

#754 3 years ago

Having trouble updating my initial post but I did a full writeup on using LED strips to light up my left ramp/flippers. It's available here and if anyone has any questions just drop me a line or post in there:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lighting-up-dark-pf-elements-using-comet-pinballs-matrix-led-strips

#755 3 years ago

Did you try to put the led strip on the top of the center drain playfield metal? That way you don't have to disconnect it every time you take the apron off.

#756 3 years ago

Can some one snap a pic of the connectors around j135. There are 2 connects and 3 sets of header pins all the same size and I forgot to label them when I took out the solenoid driver board. Couldnt figure it out from the pdf of the manual

#757 3 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Can some one snap a pic of the connectors around j135. There are 2 connects and 3 sets of header pins all the same size and I forgot to label them when I took out the solenoid driver board. Couldnt figure it out from the pdf of the manual

Hope this is what youre looking for

image_(resized).jpeg

#758 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I'd be in for one of those kits if you do a second round.

Nwpinball, I've added you to the list: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-clubnon-20/page/15#post-3057550

#759 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Did you try to put the led strip on the top of the center drain playfield metal? That way you don't have to disconnect it every time you take the apron off.

I'm wishing I did now Honestly, I've had mine off so rarely but I didn't even think of that. I made the connection easy to pull but next time I've got the glass off I'll explore that for sure.

#760 3 years ago
Quoted from Morydees:

I'm wishing I did now Honestly, I've had mine off so rarely but I didn't even think of that. I made the connection easy to pull but next time I've got the glass off I'll explore that for sure.

That's what I did with all my games and it works perfectly, no reflection on the pf too. You just have to make sure that you position it right by using the slight shadow it will cast of the flippers. Make sure the shadows are even.

#761 3 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

Hope this is what youre looking for

image_(resized).jpeg

Thanks, thats exactly what I needed.
Cheers!
-Dave

1 week later
#762 3 years ago

Please help, missing spring following strip down and refurbishment.

The spring that is part of the ‘Y-Diverter-Eye Lane Select’, anyone know where I can get one of these?

IMG_20160320_171741_(resized).jpg

#763 3 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

I'm thinking of make a few plug and play kits of my interactive shuttle ramp and face lighting.
Attract mode:» YouTube video
Gameplay: » YouTube video
I already have one request, and I *think* I can do them for around $100 (plus shipping), but I am probably a month or two away from getting everything together to make these. Just PM me if you are interested.

Love the Mod ... please put me on the next waiting list if there is still room.

#764 3 years ago
Quoted from Les73gtx:

Love the Mod ... please put me on the next waiting list if there is still room.

Will do! Glad to see so many people interested in it.

#765 3 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Will do! Glad to see so many people interested in it.

That's because it's a cool mod on a cool game.

#766 3 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

Please help, missing spring following strip down and refurbishment.
The spring that is part of the ‘Y-Diverter-Eye Lane Select’, anyone know where I can get one of these?
IMG_20160320_171741_(resized).jpg

Been so long since I've looked at that spring but it seemed like it was the same size as a pop bumper skirt spring. May check if you have one of those laying around.

#767 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Been so long since I've looked at that spring but it seemed like it was the same size as a pop bumper skirt spring. May check if you have one of those laying around.

Diameter is different isn't it?

#768 3 years ago

Has anyone ever tried using Chrome Spray Paint to refurbish your BOP helmet?

Just wanted to see if anyone had and how it turned out..

Thanks

#769 3 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

Thanks

Wish someone would make a true metal helmet, I should make a mold and get some molten aluminum and cast one.

#770 3 years ago

Thanks

The last time I used the chrome paint it came out more gloss aluminum color. Nothing mirror like at all. Find something plastic and give it a try. You could even test it on a plastic disposable plate.

#771 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

The last time I used the chrome paint it came out more gloss aluminum color. Nothing mirror like at all. Find something plastic and give it a try. You could even test it on a plastic disposable plate.

Yeah that was my next step if no one had any examples..

#772 3 years ago

chrome spray paint doesn't even look good if you spray it on something clear like glass and look at it from the opposite side, maybe spray it a candy color; purple, or blue, or gold, or red

no-one has even suggested trying an different color

I think candy blue with a clear coat would be pretty awesome... if you can't get chrome of course

#773 3 years ago

or you could spray it with black light clear (it lights up under bl) and put bl bulbs in it. That would be different.

#774 3 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I think candy blue with a clear coat would be pretty awesome

I painted a spare helmet which needed bog work to fix some holes and did it using model paint (Alclad II Laquer) in the prismatic colour Sapphire to Deep Blue. Turned out ok but i was too heavy handed on the coats and it was too dark. I've got another helmet that i just had "something" done to it
I'm keeping mum about it til it turns up in the mail, lol, All will be revealed. Only thing i will say is that peeps will either love it or hate it, i doubt there will be any inbetweeners

#775 3 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

I painted a spare helmet which needed bog work to fix some holes and did it using model paint (Alclad II Laquer) in the prismatic colour Sapphire to Deep Blue. Turned out ok but i was too heavy handed on the coats and it was too dark. I've got another helmet that i just had "something" done to it
I'm keeping mum about it til it turns up in the mail, lol, All will be revealed. Only thing i will say is that peeps will either love it or hate it, i doubt there will be any inbetweeners

Can't wait, you always do cool stuff.

#776 3 years ago
Quoted from Les73gtx:

I have witnessed this companies system in person, and although it is a very expensive machine, the process is very easy and unique. The object you are refinishing looks like chrome ... not SHOW Chrome like on a restored classic car but I would say better than any BoP helmet I have seen without wear.
http://alsacorp.com/chrome-fx-machines-spray-chrome-paint-systems/
Now they also have a system that is available in a spray ca.... wait hold on and open you mind to new technology .... {this is not Krylon} yes, spray can(s) that can duplicate the look of the $5000 machine above .... but on smaller parts and scale.
I am really thinking about checking it out but the cost of the kit is still $150 so not effective for one, but if you had other things you needed to "chrome".

posted this on the previous page post #715 ... they (AlsaCorp) just sent me a notice that the killer kans were on sale 50% off ... look at the videos for the product guys technology has come a long way since "krylon"

#777 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Can't wait, you always do cool stuff

Thanks MP but i doubt any of my "machine fiddlings" stacks up to your Led Mods

#778 3 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Thanks MP but i doubt any of my "machine fiddlings" stacks up to your Led Mods

We shall see.

#779 3 years ago

Mancave - I'm taking a guess that you had it hydrodipped. I've been thinking of trying that with my spare helmet that's not real pretty.

#780 3 years ago
Quoted from Les73gtx:

posted this on the previous page post #715 ... they (AlsaCorp) just sent me a notice that the killer kans were on sale 50% off ... look at the videos for the product guys technology has come a long way since "krylon"

Agreed, but that is significantly more expensive than what it would cost to pay someone for a spare they are hording. The tech behind that paint is really cool though. Hopefully sometime down the road it can be a bit more cost effective.

#781 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Mancave - I'm taking a guess that you had it hydrodipped. I've been thinking of trying that with my spare helmet that's not real pretty.

BINGO Good Guess!!
I had a few options for the particular film (as they call it) but i was deliberately staying away from anything that had a metal look or for that matter carbon fibre. I wanted something that would blend in with the theme of the machine as much as possible and this was the best fit for the job i felt, called (Galaxy). I'm also planning on changing the flashers to all Purple and also purple LEDS for the helmet, along with a few other ideas i'm brewing, yup, keeping mum about those at the moment The other option was a film called (Pink Lightning) which looked VERY cool but also had a lot darker background, virtually black, just felt it wasn't gonna work as well.
My guess is the purists will hate it, probably lots of peeps will, but i LOVE IT !!!

DSC02173_(resized).JPG

DSC02176_(resized).JPG

DSC02175_(resized).JPG

DSC02174_(resized).JPG

#782 3 years ago

That looks pretty neat and Comets Purple Passion bulbs will look cool cuz the lens is purple not white.

#783 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That looks pretty neat and Comets Purple Passion bulbs will look cool cuz the lens is purple not white.

I'll look into those, gonna have to replace some LEDS anyway

#784 3 years ago

Looks pretty cool. Looking forward to seeing it installed to get the full vision as I'm having a hard time comprehending the look. hydrodipping is some cool stuff. Sky's the limit now with that process.

#785 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Looks pretty cool. Looking forward to seeing it installed to get the full vision as I'm having a hard time comprehending the look. hydrodipping is some cool stuff. Sky's the limit now with that process.

Me too Unfortunately that's a few months off before the bride will be back together, i've still got a new helmet that i can use if i'm not entirely happy with the overall look once installed. Also got the original helmet that was in the machine when i bought it (needs some repair work) and i'm thinking about getting that one done in the Pink Lightning film. There's one major thumbs up for having the helmet hydrodipped. As most will know, the chrome on these helmets is pretty crap really and tends to flake off fairly easily, after hydrodipping the film they then coat with a clear gloss to seal it which helps to protect the design from damage.

#786 3 years ago

Thanks

Anyone try this stuff? I've seen some folks recommend it for restoring mirrored sections on a flaking backglass.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Rust-Oleum-Specialty-6-oz-Mirror-Finish-Spray-Paint-267727/204639861

#787 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Anyone try this stuff? I've seen some folks recommend it for restoring mirrored sections on a flaking backglass.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Rust-Oleum-Specialty-6-oz-Mirror-Finish-Spray-Paint-267727/204639861

I have tried that product a few years ago, it was called the same but the can looked different. Unfortunately it falls into the same category as Krylon as far as look and effect. I used it on the inside of some taillight housings I was restoring for my 1972 Plymouth Duster. It did the job ok for what I was using it for, but as far as putting it on something that you are looking at close up it just does not have the quality needed. It is cheap enough that you should grab a can and paint something plastic that is round and smooth, like a soda bottle, and see what you think.

#788 3 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

BINGO Good Guess!!
I had a few options for the particular film (as they call it) but i was deliberately staying away from anything that had a metal look or for that matter carbon fibre. I wanted something that would blend in with the theme of the machine as much as possible and this was the best fit for the job i felt, called (Galaxy). I'm also planning on changing the flashers to all Purple and also purple LEDS for the helmet, along with a few other ideas i'm brewing, yup, keeping mum about those at the moment The other option was a film called (Pink Lightning) which looked VERY cool but also had a lot darker background, virtually black, just felt it wasn't gonna work as well.
My guess is the purists will hate it, probably lots of peeps will, but i LOVE IT !!!

DSC02173_(resized).JPGDSC02176_(resized).JPGDSC02175_(resized).JPGDSC02174_(resized).JPG

Yes sir, I like it. I think it turned out great, although for me personally it could be a little more purple and a bit darker (less Yellow) and I would say "take my money". ... lol
You know I was just thinking that I used to know a couple of people that were hella good as artist with airbrushes. I might have to contact them and see if there is any interest in actually painting my old helmet up nice. With some Clear coat on it and the use of some of the chrome that is left I bet there could be some cool things done.

Always more Ideas ... I love the internet.

#789 3 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

BINGO Good Guess!!
My guess is the purists will hate it, probably lots of peeps will, but i LOVE IT !!

Wow, I'm really digging that space vibe on it. Looking forward to when you get to install it later down the road. Thanks for sharing!

Quoted from MustangPaul:

+1 more item I need to buy thanks to you! Now that I've got rid of all the LED flicker/ghosting I'm going to give these a whirl.

#790 3 years ago
Quoted from Morydees:

+1 more item I need to buy thanks to you!

Your welcome. The white domes on colored bulbs kinda bums me out, for certain places on the game I wish Comet had red transparent or translucent domes, yellow green etc. like the Purple Passion. Hey Art you reading this?

#791 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Your welcome. The white domes on colored bulbs kinda bums me out, for certain places on the game I wish Comet had red transparent or translucent domes, yellow green etc. like the Purple Passion. Hey Art you reading this?

Sounds like a great idea to me
I've put in my order for some Purple Passion, think they will make that hydrodipped helmet even better.

#792 3 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Sounds like a great idea to me

Art and I are talking about it on his Comet For Sale thread.

Quoted from Mancave:

I've put in my order for some Purple Passion, think they will make that hydrodipped helmet even better.

I think they are gonna look real good. They are a dark bulb so they may not light as bright as a white dome purple bulb but at least they won't be white when they're off.

#793 3 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

BINGO Good Guess!!

I'd like to see this on the game but I'm guessing I wouldn't like it. I upvoted your post though - thinking outside the box!

#794 3 years ago

Aren't the purple passion LED's going to cause issues in the helmet since they aren't ghostbusters? Or did he start making a ghostbusters version of them now?

#795 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Aren't the purple passion LED's going to cause issues in the helmet since they aren't ghostbusters? Or did he start making a ghostbusters version of them now?

Good question. Looks like Morydees will have the answer for us pretty soon.

#796 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Good question. Looks like Morydees will have the answer for us pretty soon.

Now ya tell me

#797 3 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Now ya tell me

Sorry about that, I didn't think about that before now.

#798 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Sorry about that, I didn't think about that before now.

So will they not work?, flicker?, blow up?

#799 3 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

No they won't blow up......I think. He said he got rid of the flicker but he didn't say if it was from the helmet.

#800 3 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

My experience was that the non-ghostbuster LED's in the helmet flickered real bad. I pulled them out and went back to incandescent bulbs until I got my 2.0 kit for which I put ghostbusters in and they look good. Could have just been my game though so worth a shot if you ordered them already.

Would be awesome if we could get the LED OCD to work on the helmet.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
£ 55.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 135.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
There are 1785 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 36.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside