Topic Stats

• 1,823 posts
  • 164 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Jmckune
  • Topic is favorited by 74 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 672 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0746FD22-BE7C-4C5E-B478-6B6E11A61939 (resized).jpeg
D310E9A5-EBD0-4774-A70A-145BA3B39D75 (resized).jpeg
20191214_112522 (resized).jpg
20200115_062056 (resized).jpg
20200105_154544 (resized).jpg
20191230_122702 (resized).jpg
20200101_175741 (resized).jpg
20200101_183720 (resized).jpg
20200104_101112 (resized).jpg
20200105_155523 (resized).jpg
20200105_155505 (resized).jpg
20200105_154557 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200101_114723 (resized).jpg
DSC04621 (resized).JPG
DSC04620 (resized).JPG
C6867F1B-FA99-4F8A-AE7D-3D7F00D93A38 (resized).jpeg

There are 1823 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 37.
#651 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Hey welcome to the club Zonda, did someone redecal your cab? The colors look perfect.

As far as I know no. It's the original 1991 decal. As the previous owner told me (he's a guy that owns several arcades and has 30 years of experience with Pinballs) this was a machine that was bought to be used as replacement parts for other BoP that were working in an arcade back in the 90s, so she never got to be in public use. Playfield was likely thrashed (lots of parts missing or broken) but this guy who sold it to me, had 3 BoP storaged (including this) and he swapped the playfield with a much nicer one.

So, in conclusion, I think it is the original decal.

#652 3 years ago

Wow, never heard a story like that, you got a good deal. Take good care of her.

#653 3 years ago

Hey guys, wondering if anyone else has run into (and hopefully has some suggestions on best ways to solve) a problem I'm having.

I ordered a set of replacement ramps (shuttle and heartbeat) from Starship Fantasy, and installed the shuttle ramp (and a matching set of Cliffy's) a couple weeks back with great success, and thrilled with the results. Tonight I put in the heartbeat ramp, and have run into a bit of an issue -- the thicker walls on the ramp are pushing on the disappearing post that locks balls on the wire ramp from the face, wedging the post between the ramp wall and the hole drilled in the playfield for the post.

Has anyone else tried Larry's ramp in your Bride, and if so did you have the same issue? How'd you solve it?

I'm brainstorming ideas, and so far my best options are to:
a) expand the hole through the playfield for the post a bit towards the inner loop and move post slightly left away from the center ramp. Not sure if that will risk messing up the timing or some part of the feed when multiball gets released...
b) sanding down the thicker wall on the ramp to give the post some room. Not sure how far I'd have to take it before the post would slide freely... and a bit leery to go doctoring on a fairly expensive bit of plastic...
c) grinding down the post itself to narrow it or notch out a smaller part to clear the ramp (with room for it to actuate up and down within said notch)

if anyone else has any other recommendations, or even better their own experience with the situation, I'd love to hear it... I've also emailed Larry to see if he's got any light to shed on it as well, but figured this'd be the next best place to check

BoP_DP1_(resized).JPG

#654 3 years ago
Quoted from berzerker:

Hey guys, wondering if anyone else has run into (and hopefully has some suggestions on best ways to solve) a problem I'm having.
I ordered a set of replacement ramps (shuttle and heartbeat) from Starship Fantasy, and installed the shuttle ramp (and a matching set of Cliffy's) a couple weeks back with great success, and thrilled with the results. Tonight I put in the heartbeat ramp, and have run into a bit of an issue -- the thicker walls on the ramp are pushing on the disappearing post that locks balls on the wire ramp from the face, wedging the post between the ramp wall and the hole drilled in the playfield for the post.
Has anyone else tried Larry's ramp in your Bride, and if so did you have the same issue? How'd you solve it?
I'm brainstorming ideas, and so far my best options are to:
a) expand the hole through the playfield for the post a bit towards the inner loop and move post slightly left away from the center ramp. Not sure if that will risk messing up the timing or some part of the feed when multiball gets released...
b) sanding down the thicker wall on the ramp to give the post some room. Not sure how far I'd have to take it before the post would slide freely... and a bit leery to go doctoring on a fairly expensive bit of plastic...
c) grinding down the post itself to narrow it or notch out a smaller part to clear the ramp (with room for it to actuate up and down within said notch)
if anyone else has any other recommendations, or even better their own experience with the situation, I'd love to hear it... I've also emailed Larry to see if he's got any light to shed on it as well, but figured this'd be the next best place to check

BoP_DP1_(resized).JPG

Working on a PF swap and ran into something similar. When installing the coil bracket assembly for the disappearing post, it rubbed on the side of the hole in the PF....first thing I did was to loosen the screws that hold the bracket to the PF. See if it gives you any play then try to move the assembly away from the HB plastic ramp. While keeping pressure on the assembly, tighten up the screws that hold it and it may give the clearance you need.

I also have one of the new HB ramps and although its not installed, I just placed it and its tight. If its rubbing on my post, I'll go back down and try to adjust the post away from the ramp from the screws holding the bracket.

maybe someone else will chime in....but I would try all options on adjusting the post via the underside and the bracket vs. cutting on anything. We may end up cutting things but I would keep that as a last resort....

#655 3 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

See if it gives you any play then try to move the assembly away from the HB plastic ramp. While keeping pressure on the assembly, tighten up the screws that hold it and it may give the clearance you need.

Only way I get enough clearance for the post is if I tilt the assembly mounting bracket. as soon as I get it flush with the bottom of the playfield it binds up again.

Did hear from Larry last night, and he's putting me in touch with one of the guys at Pinball Inc (who I guess is the company making the ramps?) and also looking at pulling out his own BOP to try out a ramp to see what is going on. Think I may also try looking at whether I can find any room to slide the ramp closer to the launch ramp at all, and see if that'll buy me any wiggle room....

#656 3 years ago

I've got the ramps on my game but I also installed them when I did the new PF as well. When I installed the ramps I made sure there was some clearance there and I wasn't using existing holes. What I can tell you is that your ramp sits further to the left than what my factory ramp and my repo ramp do.

Here are a couple of pics from my resource folder that show what I'm talking about. You'll notice that my ramp edge came up right to the edge of the rubber post edge. Yours looks to be going behind that post.

Click on the picks to make them larger but I think you need to push the ramp over to the right just a bit.

IMG_5061_(resized).JPG
IMG_5275_(resized).JPG

This picture shows it with the repo PF and repo ramps.

IMG_6178_(resized).jpg

#657 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

What I can tell you is that your ramp sits further to the left than what my factory ramp and my repo ramp do.

Yeah, in Berzerker's photo you can tell the ramp flap is too far to the left, there is non-painted playfield sneaking out underneath it, you should only see the gray playfield paint instead of that cleared wood at the bottom increasing towards the right side of it. Berzerker, I think your ramp/ramp flap are set in the wrong place and slightly off.

#658 3 years ago

Quick video showing Mustang Pauls shooter lane lights along with the Bright Caps being installed...Sorry for the wrong angle on the camera but finally got MustangPauls shooter light installed. I tapped into the flasher in the shooter lane...tried polishing up the metal assembly and overall it turned out really nice....anxious to see how it plays with the rest of the game...

Thanks Mustang Paul!

#659 3 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Quick video showing Mustang Pauls shooter lane lights along with the Bright Caps being installed...Sorry for the wrong angle on the camera but finally got MustangPauls shooter light installed. I tapped into the flasher in the shooter lane...tried polishing up the metal assembly and overall it turned out really nice....anxious to see how it plays with the rest of the game...
Thanks Mustang Paul!
» YouTube video

Have pics of the installation!?! I want to do that to mine !!! Great work!!

#660 3 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Thanks Mustang Paul!
» YouTube video

Hey that looks pretty neat, thanks for posting a vid. That was a blue strip wasn't it?

#661 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Hey that looks pretty neat, thanks for posting a vid. That was a blue strip wasn't it?

No...it was a white strip....looks nice with the flasher....blue would look sweet....I watched a lot of video of gameplay and it appeared the best bet for tapping into a flasher was the shooter lane flasher...

Quoted from Chosen_S:

Have pics of the installation!?! I want to do that to mine !!! Great work!!

I didn't take any pics during the install but will take a few this weekend Chosen_S....I took the light strip and attached it to the inside of the metal assembly along the bottom. What I am looking forward to is seeing how it plays with the clearance. MustangPauls strip is 1/18th of inch thick so it should clear the pinball. Brought the wiring in through a hole in the playfield near the sling shot in the pop bumper playfield....then just extended the wiring to connect to the flasher at the entrance of the shooter wireform.

More to come....Playing in a tournament on Saturday but otherwise I'll be working on finishing up the swap. Still have some posts and ramps to install...messing with lighting and final testing....

#662 3 years ago

I think that flashing shooter lane is kinda cool, but now that I have the 2.0 kit installed, I think it would detract from the moving skillshot flashing light.

#663 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I think that flashing shooter lane is kinda cool, but now that I have the 2.0 kit installed, I think it would detract from the moving skillshot flashing light.

I had thought of that when watching the Twitch feed....It appears on 2.0 that the flasher only hits momentarily at first, then it gets faster and stays on longer when you have waited to shoot the ball. You are right though, I am anxious to see how it looks during gameplay.

#664 3 years ago

Does anyone know if the chrome helmet is being sold anywhere?? My helmet is "structurally" as new, but the chrome has chipped off in a lot of places. Before i go to the lengths of getting it re-chromed (which COSTS) thought i would check first to see if anyone has some leads. I've looked in all the places i can think of with no luck whatsoever

#665 3 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Does anyone know if the chrome helmet is being sold anywhere?? My helmet is "structurally" as new, but the chrome has chipped off in a lot of places. Before i go to the lengths of getting it re-chromed (which COSTS) thought i would check first to see if anyone has some leads. I've looked in all the places i can think of with no luck whatsoever

Same here, none anywhere

#666 3 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Have you tried emailing Starship and letting them know there's demand for it?

#667 3 years ago

If you look it up on Bay Area, you can click to be on their waitlist. I've found this can either result in them finding one for you in their stock or it motivates a batch of repros. I swear it was available everywhere a year ago, but now seems to be sold out. But with all the reproduction playfields and Bride 2.0 kits being sold, the demand for them is definitely out there, many people are restoring old Brides right now.

#668 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I swear it was available everywhere a year ago, but now seems to be sold out. But with all the reproduction playfields and Bride 2.0 kits being sold, the demand for them is definitely out there, many people are restoring old Brides right now.

That's why I've been telling people to get ramps and stuff while the gettin is good.

#669 3 years ago

Why can't you just shoot a layer of silver krylon on the helmet?

#670 3 years ago
Quoted from bonanza:

#671 3 years ago
Quoted from bonanza:

Negative sir, one does not merely shoot krylon at his bride

#672 3 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

They've had some at TPF the last couple of years. I'll check this year and if they have some I'll PM you and will pick it up for you if you'd like. TPF is about a month away right now though. Just a heads up though that the last time I did this for someone in Australia shipping was STUPID expensive. I shipped a ramp off and that was about $100 just for the shipping

#673 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

If you look it up on Bay Area, you can click to be on their waitlist. I've found this can either result in them finding one for you in their stock or it motivates a batch of repros. I swear it was available everywhere a year ago, but now seems to be sold out. But with all the reproduction playfields and Bride 2.0 kits being sold, the demand for them is definitely out there, many people are restoring old Brides right now.

Yep, I had two sources in stock just a few months ago when Paul nudged me into getting one anyway. He was right, stock has disappeared since then sadly. Definitely get yourself on some wait lists and we'll stoke the fire.

#674 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

They've had some at TPF the last couple of years. I'll check this year and if they have some I'll PM you and will pick it up for you if you'd like. TPF is about a month away right now though. Just a heads up though that the last time I did this for someone in Australia shipping was STUPID expensive. I shipped a ramp off and that was about $100 just for the shipping

Hey 85Vett,

I am in for one helmet also .... I am about to redo my Helmet as I am ready to do the exterior of the cabinet. It is the only thing that is really in need now other than me restoring the playfield .... I can not afford a new repo PF at this time.

Also wanna say thanks for all your hard work in the past in the VP scene...

Les73gtx

Oh yeah been on the "wait list" for a couple months now at the Bay ... also still have a backorder at Marco for one ... they say they still show "on order"

#675 3 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Kinky.

#676 3 years ago
Quoted from Morydees:

Yep, I had two sources in stock just a few months ago when Paul nudged me into getting one anyway. He was right, stock has disappeared since then sadly. Definitely get yourself on some wait lists and we'll stoke the fire.

I'm good at spending other peoples money.

#677 3 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Does anyone know if the chrome helmet is being sold anywhere??

http://www.starship-fantasy.com/ramps/The-Machine-Bride-of-Pinbot-Helmit

prolly not coming up searching for helmet due to the typo, but here it is.

#678 3 years ago
Quoted from berzerker:

http://www.starship-fantasy.com/ramps/The-Machine-Bride-of-Pinbot-Helmit
prolly not coming up searching for helmet due to the typo, but here it is.

Awesome find but unfortunately it is "Out of Stock" when you add it to your cart

#679 3 years ago

Les73gtx - I'll check for you as well. I'll PM you if they do as well. I can't afford to buy a couple of these without them being sold already (I wont add any mark-up on them).

Since they are out of stock on their website they may not have any at the show this year, but I'll at least walk by their booth and ask them about it. If nothing else I can help put that bug in their ear as well.

#680 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Have you tried emailing Starship and letting them know there's demand for it?

Not as yet MP, pretty sure they would know about the demand though i would think.

Quoted from 85vett:

I really appreciate the offer, TY. With the shipping cost and about $65-$85 (guess) for the actual helmet And after converting over to our crapola dollar rate it's about the same price as getting my helmet chromed. Going off the quality i've seen and experienced from the guys i've used before over here ( i had an STTNG shooter handle done before) the end result will be stunning. To be honest the last helmet i bought which was about 2 years ago had very ordinary chrome on it, flaked extremely easy

Quoted from Chosen_S:

Especially if it's been shot by a Cylon (groans from the audience)

#681 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Les73gtx - I'll check for you as well. I'll PM you if they do as well. I can't afford to buy a couple of these without them being sold already (I wont add any mark-up on them).
Since they are out of stock on their website they may not have any at the show this year, but I'll at least walk by their booth and ask them about it. If nothing else I can help put that bug in their ear as well.

I'm looking for one as well, I gave several emails and calls, no one had any, starship said they do another run later this year

#682 3 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Not as yet MP, pretty sure they would know about the demand though i would think.

I really appreciate the offer, TY. With the shipping cost and about $65-$85 (guess) for the actual helmet And after converting over to our crapola dollar rate it's about the same price as getting my helmet chromed. Going off the quality i've seen and experienced from the guys i've used before over here ( i had an STTNG shooter handle done before) the end result will be stunning. To be honest the last helmet i bought which was about 2 years ago had very ordinary chrome on it, flaked extremely easy

Especially if it's been shot by a Cylon (groans from the audience)

1 week later
#683 3 years ago

Yesterday i messaged the guys at Pinball Life asking if there would be a run of BOP light baffles as i noticed they have been selling certain other ones on their site. They told me they would look into it and that it would probably have to be done in 2 parts due to the size. I don't know about all you guys but the one on my machine is getting very brittle and had some pieces broken off here and there, it is usable but on it's way out!!
I'd sure like to replace this part when i get my machine restored later in the year, perhaps if they get some more requests for this baffle it "may" add a little more interest for them to make it JOIN me in my quest please

#684 3 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Yesterday i messaged the guys at Pinball Life asking if there would be a run of BOP light baffles as i noticed they have been selling certain other ones on their site. They told me they would look into it and that it would probably have to be done in 2 parts due to the size. I don't know about all you guys but the one on my machine is getting very brittle and had some pieces broken off here and there, it is usable but on it's way out!!
I'd sure like to replace this part when i get my machine restored later in the year, perhaps if they get some more requests for this baffle it "may" add a little more interest for them to make it JOIN me in my quest please

Hey good idea.

#685 3 years ago

Finishing up the PF swap on my Bride and trying to figure out what the 2" post that is on the upper right corner of Pinbots playfield?

I have seen a few pictures of that area and it just looks like its just a post sitting there...doing nothing. Is it used with a sneeze guard?

#686 3 years ago

Mine wasn't holding a thing and the pics on HEP's site showed it not attached to anything. Since it was an eye sore with no real purpose (that I could find) I removed it when I put my game back together.

#687 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Mine wasn't holding a thing and the pics on HEP's site showed it not attached to anything. Since it was an eye sore with no real purpose (that I could find) I removed it when I put my game back together.

Same here.

#688 3 years ago

I am so close to finishing the PF swap. Have a couple of lights coming in from CT hopefully this weekend and will have her tested out by Sunday.

Was having a hell of a time calibrating the head. Must have adjusted the switch 5 times and how the face box is aligned with the back of the PF mount.....Funny how the damn thing won't calibrate regardless of how many times you adjust the switch when the two wires coming from that switch are not plugged in.

#689 3 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

I am so close to finishing the PF swap. Have a couple of lights coming in from CT hopefully this weekend and will have her tested out by Sunday.
Was having a hell of a time calibrating the head. Must have adjusted the switch 5 times and how the face box is aligned with the back of the PF mount.....Funny how the damn thing won't calibrate regardless of how many times you adjust the switch when the two wires coming from that switch are not plugged in.

Sounds like your having fun but hey....plug the connectors in. ....sorry just had to do that.

You gonna put the Angle Eye start button on?

#690 3 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Shes going to look good! Im going to start mine soon too, doing a few things slightly differently, nothing major, just a few colours

#691 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Sounds like your having fun but hey....plug the connectors in. ....sorry just had to do that.
You gonna put the Angle Eye start button on?

yeah...I was testing things before installing the ramps...had a lot of connectors hanging down under the PF. Total rookie mistake.

I am considering the angel eye start, and the Shuttle Ramp mod. Right now I'm just focusing on getting the PF together and playing at 100%. I'll post some pics this weekend....

#692 3 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

yeah...I was testing things before installing the ramps...had a lot of connectors hanging down under the PF. Total rookie mistake.
I am considering the angel eye start, and the Shuttle Ramp mod. Right now I'm just focusing on getting the PF together and playing at 100%. I'll post some pics this weekend....

Yeah it can get crazy if you have a bunch of plugs just hanging.

yes pictures please.

#693 3 years ago

#694 3 years ago

Hello to all.

We are now finally online. http://www.perfectplayfields.com/
It was a battle, not the solution we wanted, but now we are online with a few parts.
We will still need alot of hours to optimze all

Regards from Hamburg
Peter

#695 3 years ago
Quoted from Buthamburg:

Hello to all.
We are now finally online. http://www.perfectplayfields.com/
It was a battle, not the solution we wanted, but now we are online with a few parts.
We will still need alot of hours to optimze all
Regards from Hamburg
Peter

Thanks Peter. Now if I could read it.

#696 3 years ago

Hihihi, yes. The English version is in work.
But you can look at pictures, the are the same as in English
Ill try my best to get it done as soon as possible.
I must first do some playfields, lost to much time on the pages.

#697 3 years ago
Quoted from Buthamburg:

Hihihi, yes. The English version is in work.
But you can look at pictures, the are the same as in English
Ill try my best to get it done as soon as possible.
I must first do some playfields, lost to much time on the pages.

Thanks man, but the pictures are in German too so.....

#698 3 years ago

Yes, the translator doenst seem to function

#699 3 years ago

used the translate button in google chrome work great this morning ... nice site Thanks. ... I vote for unlimited amount of BoP PF's to be run ... haha

1 week later
#700 3 years ago

Got this message this morning .... rather disappointing as that is the last piece I really need to complete my Resto mod.

Good morning

We have been trying vigorously to get the Machine Helmet Plastic piece back in stock. At this time the vendor has no ETA on when he will be able to make this. We have canceled the back order request at this time because with no ETA we do not feel comfortable keeping the order open.

Thank you kindly
Shannon
Marco Specialties Customer Support

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
There are 1823 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 37.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside