Topic Stats

• 1,822 posts
  • 164 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Morinack
  • Topic is favorited by 73 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 670 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191214_112522 (resized).jpg
20200115_062056 (resized).jpg
20200105_154544 (resized).jpg
20191230_122702 (resized).jpg
20200101_175741 (resized).jpg
20200101_183720 (resized).jpg
20200104_101112 (resized).jpg
20200105_155523 (resized).jpg
20200105_155505 (resized).jpg
20200105_154557 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200101_114723 (resized).jpg
DSC04621 (resized).JPG
DSC04620 (resized).JPG
C6867F1B-FA99-4F8A-AE7D-3D7F00D93A38 (resized).jpeg
20191119_192634 (resized).jpg
DSC04591 (resized).JPG

There are 1822 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 37.
#601 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

To funny. I bought mine through PPS so mine was in English. Yours was shipped from Germany and mine from the US sooooo I wonder who will get theirs first, you or me.

It's a race! Prize for the winner?

#602 4 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Uuuuummmmm does anyone know how these wee things go back together ??
Seriously though, if i can draw peeps attention to the last 2 pics and here's some questions.
A) The wood portions that the cabs sit back on when in storage/transportation mode have completely gone to cheese, no idea why they seem to have water damage (board is flaking apart) cause the rest of the cab is super dooper tight all over, not even any popped seems. The question is has anyone replaced these before? and just how did they do it? or Suggestions??
B) Does anyone else's cab have the pink stickers attached (B19) surely that's not factory applied and if so i doubt it means the cab number?
Discussion and input needed please
Lastly, what's the best way to remove the side rails cause those suckers are stuck on bloody GOOD?

DSC02027_(resized).JPGDSC02026_(resized).JPGDSC02025_(resized).JPGDSC02020_(resized).JPGDSC02021_(resized).JPGDSC02022_(resized).JPGDSC02023_(resized).JPGDSC02024_(resized).JPGDSC02028_(resized).JPGDSC02029_(resized).JPG

I hope you took LOTS of pictures when taking things apart. The side rails should come off easy, they are just held on by the bolt and screw on each end and GOOD double sided tape in between. Heat one end with a heat gun, about a couple of inched and stick a putty knife under the bottom lip and GENTLY pry upward as you apply heat. When it begins to lift stick a wood door jam wedge (buy a package) next to the knife. Continue doing the same all the way down the rail every few inches. When I took off my SW rails I actually heard the tape go BANG when it let go of the rail. Startled me the first time it happened but with heat, gentle persuasion and time they came off without a single bend. BOP rails are a lot wider so extra care must be taken not to bend them.

The back of the cab is a mess an I can't help you with that. It looks like you may have to have that professionally repaired at a cabinet shop. In the container they usually come on their back like that from pictures I've seen so it looks like the container got water in it on the trip over. You can make your own rails out of oak and will be way better the what was on there new.

That B 19 might be a shipping container number or something when it was shipped???

#603 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

It's a race! Prize for the winner?

Bragging rights and a beer.

#604 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

High Five!!! I'm in

#605 4 years ago

Ready....set....GO! I didn't see any tracking # so I can't track mine. NUTS!!! I'll look again tomorrow.

#606 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

And a bonus Farrah Fawcet poster too me thinks

I've got to get the heat gun out to attack the old decals so will give that a crack on the side rails, sounds like the best option. Cheers
As for the B19, maybe a shipping container number but you would expect that on the outside of the cab not where it's positioned, got me stumped, i was hoping someone in the club may have the same thing on their machines. Also got some nice solid pieces of wood lying around so will make up a set of back rails for it. It does make me wonder if the originals are made out chipboard/particle board to add a little bit of a cushioning effect to the cab when on their backs?

#607 4 years ago

Is PPS in Sparks, NV? That's where my package was sent from.

#608 4 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

And a bonus Farrah Fawcet poster too me thinks
I've got to get the heat gun out to attack the old decals so will give that a crack on the side rails, sounds like the best option. Cheers
As for the B19, maybe a shipping container number but you would expect that on the outside of the cab not where it's positioned, got me stumped, i was hoping someone in the club may have the same thing on their machines. Also got some nice solid pieces of wood lying around so will make up a set of back rails for it. It does make me wonder if the originals are made out chipboard/particle board to add a little bit of a cushioning effect to the cab when on their backs?

Looks like your gonna have fun repairing that cab, is the bottom OK? You may have to replace that too because it may have gotten water damaged like the back. I would suggest the heavy duty leg braces when you start working on it, I'm putting them in mine when I do my cab.

#609 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Looks like your gonna have fun repairing that cab, is the bottom OK? You may have to replace that too because it may have gotten water damaged like the back.

Thanks MP, side rails came off really easy, i didn't even need to use the the chocks as it wasn't taped all along the length of the cab. Decals came off pretty easy too with the heat gun, still a bit of left over gunge to clean off and then on to the repair work. The cabinet is solid all over except those pesky back rails. I did manage to get one off without it busting into pieces so i can use it as a good template. I'm just going to do the Cab repair like you planned with yours and leave the playfield swap over to an expert. I would like to give it a crack sometime in the future but i am NOT going to practice it on my Bride

DSC02030_(resized).JPG

#610 4 years ago

Now I can see!

Screenshot_(resized).png

#611 4 years ago

Working on colours.

CabDecV1_(resized).png

#612 4 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Thanks MP, side rails came off really easy, i didn't even need to use the the chocks as it wasn't taped all along the length of the cab. Decals came off pretty easy too with the heat gun, still a bit of left over gunge to clean off and then on to the repair work. The cabinet is solid all over except those pesky back rails. I did manage to get one off without it busting into pieces so i can use it as a good template. I'm just going to do the Cab repair like you planned with yours and leave the playfield swap over to an expert. I would like to give it a crack sometime in the future but i am NOT going to practice it on my Bride

DSC02030_(resized).JPG

That's all great to hear. From your picture of the back it looked like the back cab panel was all swelled up and needed to be replaced. I hope that not the case. Keep pluggin away.

#613 4 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Now I can see!

Screenshot_(resized).png

Much better with eyes. How about a star field instead of just a black background?

#614 4 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Working on colours.

CabDecV1_(resized).png

Lookin good. I hope you can get a metallic look on your decals. She is chrome after all.

#615 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I got the email a few days ago too, it was all in German, so for all I know, they could be sending me chocolate, beer, and a poster of Farah Fawcett

Me too. Following the DHL link and using Chrome translator, looks like mine is on the way to the US where the USPS will take over on the shipping and delivery.

#616 4 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Now I can see!

Screenshot_(resized).png

love it

#617 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

High Five!!! I'm in

Oh boy look what came today. Registration looks great, colors are great but I have to tell you I'm underwhelmed by the quality of the clear. It's very smooth and shiny but about half of the inserts have edging (where the clear doesn't fill around the insert and leaves a depression between the insert and the playfield), some completly all the way around the insert. For the money I expected better.

IMGA0344[1]_(resized).JPG
IMGA0346[1]_(resized).JPG

IMGA0347[1]_(resized).JPG
IMGA0348[1]_(resized).JPG
IMGA0349[1]_(resized).JPG
IMGA0350[1]_(resized).JPG
IMGA0351[1]_(resized).JPG
IMGA0352[1]_(resized).JPG

#618 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Oh boy look what came today.

IMGA0344[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0346[1]_(resized).JPG

Nice! I'm thinking more and more about getting a BoP after GB. Plenty of repro parts available for a restore.

#619 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Nice! I'm thinking more and more about getting a BoP after GB. Plenty of repro parts available for a restore.

Sounds good but no telling how long these repro parts will be available because of all of us rebuilding our games now.

#620 4 years ago

Looks sweet!

#621 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Sounds good but no telling how long these repro parts will be available because of all of us rebuilding our games now.

How much was the pf if you don't mind me asking? pm me if its secret.

#622 4 years ago

Hey fellow BoP'ers. Not sure how I missed this thread earlier but I'm following now. I picked up a BoP five or six years ago and was on Peter's list for repro playfields from the start. I got my pf months ago but haven't had the time to tear down my machine yet. My original PF is completely paint checked. I love the Bride -- she is one of my favorites. I missed a lot of class because of her in college.

Tons of great info in this thread. I'll try to pitch in where I am able.

#623 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Oh boy look what came today. Registration looks great, colors are great but I have to tell you I'm underwhelmed by the quality of the clear. It's very smooth and shiny but about half of the inserts have edging (where the clear doesn't fill around the insert and leaves a depression between the insert and the playfield), some completly all the way around the insert. For the money I expected better.

Buddy! you win!! I bet mine won't be here for a week or longer, I got a direct email from Peter yesterday...

That's really frustrating about the Clear. I've cleared a play field recently. and I gotta say, doing one as opposed to 50 at one time?!? ugh, I wanted my inserts perfect and it took 2 more steps than I was anticipating, which was about 6 more hours on the labor than would have been necessary had the insert work gone right the first time. I'm guessing that Peter couldn't justify spending a lot of extra time per play field to get them perfect.

#624 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Quoted from Chosen_S:

Buddy! you win!! I bet mine won't be here for a week or longer, I got a direct email from Peter yesterday...
That's really frustrating about the Clear. I've cleared a play field recently. and I gotta say, doing one as opposed to 50 at one time?!? ugh, I wanted my inserts perfect and it took 2 more steps than I was anticipating, which was about 6 more hours on the labor than would have been necessary had the insert work gone right the first time. I'm guessing that Peter couldn't justify spending a lot of extra time per play field to get them perfect.

Well thats beyond disappointing to hear as his first batch's clear received RAVE reviews, some members going as far to say that it's the only pf they're NOT sending out for additional clear.

If mine shows up looking like it's going to need additional clear then I don't have a problem waiting for the 3rd run and this time order up the pre-production version and then sell my NIB 2nd batch to someone.

#625 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

How much was the pf if you don't mind me asking? pm me if its secret.

$760 delivered from PPS.

#626 4 years ago
Quoted from RandyV:

Hey fellow BoP'ers. Not sure how I missed this thread earlier but I'm following now. I picked up a BoP five or six years ago and was on Peter's list for repro playfields from the start. I got my pf months ago but haven't had the time to tear down my machine yet. My original PF is completely paint checked. I love the Bride -- she is one of my favorites. I missed a lot of class because of her in college.
Tons of great info in this thread. I'll try to pitch in where I am able.

Hey nice to have you join us here Randy. Hope your buying the hard to get parts cuz who knows how long they will be around. Hope the rest of the game is in good shape. We got a lot of smart people in the club, not me though.

#627 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Yeah I win but then I don't win. Talked to Kruzeman today and he said the edging will get worse with time so in about a month I'm sending it off to him. The inserts around the edge of the pf are perfect but the big center wheel and some above that are nasty and all the holes have serious clear ramp up so off to Kruzman it will go. What's another $700.

#628 4 years ago
Quoted from BigDan:

Well thats beyond disappointing to hear as his first batch's clear received RAVE reviews, some members going as far to say that it's the only pf they're NOT sending out for additional clear.
If mine shows up looking like it's going to need additional clear then I don't have a problem waiting for the 3rd run and this time order up the pre-production version and then sell my NIB 2nd batch to someone.

Yeah it's VERY disappointing, I expected better....not perfect but better. I just wonder how many of the first batch had insert edging like mine and what do they look like now. I run my fingers over them and you can really feel the edging let alone see it. Hope yours is better.

#629 4 years ago

Just got word from PPS a couple days ago that my playfield was on its way to me in Canada. Hope mine is decent, as I have to reclear it myself. I use Endura polyurethane. Are the inserts high or sunk down??

#630 4 years ago
Quoted from nightsearcher:

Just got word from PPS a couple days ago that my playfield was on its way to me in Canada. Hope mine is decent, as I have to reclear it myself. I use Endura polyurethane. Are the inserts high or sunk down??

I hope yours is good. One or 2 feel a bit high but that could be because of the depression between the insert and the pf. The inserts around the outside of the pf you can't see or feel there's an insert there they are that perfect, like a piece of glass. I'm guessing that when they sanded the 2nd clear coat (I think the second run had 3 coats) that they spent most of their time sanding the outside of the pf surface and not that much time on the center of the pf. That's what it seams like to me anyway.

#631 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yeah it's VERY disappointing, I expected better....not perfect but better. I just wonder how many of the first batch had insert edging like mine and what do they look like now. I run my fingers over them and you can really feel the edging let alone see it. Hope yours is better.

really suprised to hear this as mine is from the first batch, doesnt have these issues and as has held up well.

#632 4 years ago

I was looking at it last night with the light from an overhead florescent light with a plastic diffuser on it so the reflection shows a diamond like pattern. The surface showed the pattern really faithfully until I got to 3 inserts all in the center circle inset pattern. They showed a pattern that was concave so those 3 inserts are actually cupped, 2 I can feel and one I can't but I can see. I gotta get this pf redone.

#633 4 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

really suprised to hear this as mine is from the first batch, doesnt have these issues and as has held up well.

That's great to hear, mine is gonna need some work. Hey that's pinball.

#634 4 years ago

Man I would be so disappointed.... In in the third run hopefully they got it down by now... hmm second guessing this purchase.

#635 4 years ago
Quoted from wierdeer:

hmm second guessing this purchase.

I wouldn't if I were you, mine is light years better then what's in my game now and who knows if they will ever run this pf in our lifetime. Better jump on it. I just want mine to be perfect and am willing to pay for it.

#636 4 years ago

For what it's worth, I recently got one of the L-8 ghost/billionaire chips and mine still did it exactly like the L-7 before it. Went back to L-4 and it looks perfect again. So I guess the exact LEDs we have makes a difference in sensitivity to it. That or my chip was improperly labeled (doubtful). Next time I do an order I'll grab some different LEDs to confirm.

#637 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I wouldn't if I were you, mine is light years better then what's in my game now and who knows if they will ever run this pf in our lifetime. Better jump on it. I just want mine to be perfect and am willing to pay for it.

i guse if it was just the clear i could find out exactly what they use and have another coat done here

#638 4 years ago
Quoted from wierdeer:

i guse if it was just the clear i could find out exactly what they use and have another coat done here

If you did that just make sure you don't go through their clear when you sand it before you apply your clear. It might take a couple sessions of sanding and clearing to get it just right.

#639 3 years ago

I posted about the insert edges here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-bride-of-pinbot-repro-playfield-list-closing/page/5 (starting at post 241) and Peter addressed that concern. He was stating it's un-avoidable. I'm assuming that more of the first batch owners will start to see it over time to.

For what it is worth, in the game I can barely tell unless I'm looking just for it. May have something to do with the size of the inserts having to be used. Not sure though. Still makes for a great game

#640 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I posted about the insert edges here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-bride-of-pinbot-repro-playfield-list-closing/page/5 (starting at post 241) and Peter addressed that concern. He was stating it's un-avoidable. I'm assuming that more of the first batch owners will start to see it over time to.
For what it is worth, in the game I can barely tell unless I'm looking just for it. May have something to do with the size of the inserts having to be used. Not sure though. Still makes for a great game

Yes I read and commented about that. But my concern is that my new pf came with the edging already there and over time it got worse I'd REALLY be miffed. So I'm gonna wait a month or 6 and give it to Ron to do his magic. I'm in no hurry.

#641 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yes I read and commented about that. But my concern is that my new pf came with the edging already there and over time it got worse I'd REALLY be miffed.

Mine was the same....slight edging around almost all the inserts. I have already started the PF swap but considering mylar....

#642 3 years ago

Got my new playfield today. It is Awesome. Inserts are very level with only light edging around them. Will let it cure for a few monthes and then apply 4 heavy coats of Mother hard canuba wax on it. You will never see the insert edging when installed, nor will it ever wear or affect the play. Very high standard playfield!

#643 3 years ago

all of the sudden (worked just fine last night) my trough is not working ,wont kick out ball ,wont even try anyone had this issue

#644 3 years ago

stupid fuse for solenoid 1-8

#645 3 years ago

Hello to all.

Sorry that some of you are not satisfied. I really try to get the best out of every playfield. When I pack the playfield you cant see
any edging at all. It really bugs me. I have left the newer playfields laying a week longer and could see it start edging again. I still have playfields here that I didnt send out, instead got them coated again. It seems to just not function with European clear coat anymore. Its not possible
for me to leave the boards to rest 6 months or more and always get them recoatet again and again, now allready the cost are exploding high.

The clear coat used is based on 2K-HS-Acryl-clearcoat.

Regards from Hamburg
Peter

#646 3 years ago

thanks for your hard work and making this all possible !

#647 3 years ago

Now that mine has been restored for a couple of weeks, I have to say that taking a players condition game and completely refurbishing it is awesome. The difference in game play is wonderful and regardless of the questions regarding Peter's repro playfield, having it to replace my original playfield is a world of difference. For those with the BoP in their restore queue, take the time to do it right, replace all worn components, redo the cabinet, and enjoy a close-to-new-out-of-box experience with BoP.

#648 3 years ago

3rd Run BOP Repro Playfields.

Hello to all

The 3rd run of BOP Playfields is ready to start. Now is the time were I would like
you to confirm / commit your purchase with a 100 Euro pre payment via PayPal
to peter@buthamburg.de.
On this run we will apply at least 3 coats of clear coat, that will cause the price to be slightly higher. I am trying to get the edging around the inserts better. If a forth coat is necessary
I will apply it on my cost.
If you wish to pay in full to take advantage in the good exchange rate, you are welcome to do so. But please don’t rush me, it takes time, the most time is spent on waiting for the clear coat to settle, I can do nothing to rush the settling of the clear coat.

If you wish to have a proto type playfield with yellow inserts please add 100 Euro to the playfield price. We are only making 5 proto type playfields to keep them as a special.

Price for the USA and Canada
1 BOP repro Playfield 630 Euro
Shipping via Airfreight / insurance 95 Euro
--------------------------------------------------------
Total 725 Euro
=================================

Price for Australia
1 BOP repro Playfield 630 Euro
Shipping via Airfreight / insurance 105 Euro
--------------------------------------------------------
Total 735 Euro
=================================

Price for Europe EC
1 BOP repro Playfield 630
Shipping / insurance 35
VAT 19% 126,35
-------------------------------------------------------
Total 791,35
================================

Thank you.
Regards from Hamburg
Peter

#649 3 years ago

Finally, she's with me.

She needs some basic and little adjustments, but overall it plays good and I'm surprised how fast she plays.

Only "major" issue I'm facing is that sometimes she likes to start on the third head. I'll try to figure out that later.

IMG_8554_(Custom)_(resized).JPG

IMG_8556_(Custom)_(resized).JPG

20160205_224317_(resized).jpg

IMG_8559_(Custom)_(resized).JPG

IMG_8560_(Custom)_(resized).JPG

IMG_8561_(Custom)_(resized).JPG

IMG_8562_(Custom)_(resized).JPG

IMG_8563_(Custom)_(resized).JPG

IMG_8566_(Custom)_(resized).JPG

IMG_8565_(Custom)_(resized).JPG

IMG_8568_(Custom)_(resized).JPG

IMG_8570_(Custom)_(resized).JPG

IMG_8571_(Custom)_(resized).JPG

IMG_8572_(Custom)_(resized).JPG

IMG_8573_(Custom)_(resized).JPG

IMG_8574_(Custom)_(resized).JPG

IMG_8575_(Custom)_(resized).JPG

IMG_8577_(Custom)_(resized).JPG

IMG_8579_(Custom)_(resized).JPG

IMG_8580_(Custom)_(resized).JPG

IMG_8581_(Custom)_(resized).JPG

#650 3 years ago
Quoted from Zonda716:

Finally, she's with me.
She needs some basic and little adjustments, but overall it plays good and I'm surprised how fast she plays.
Only "major" issue I'm facing is that sometimes she likes to start on the third head. I'll try to figure out that later.

IMG_8554_(Custom)_(resized).JPGIMG_8556_(Custom)_(resized).JPG20160205_224317_(resized).jpgIMG_8559_(Custom)_(resized).JPGIMG_8560_(Custom)_(resized).JPGIMG_8561_(Custom)_(resized).JPGIMG_8562_(Custom)_(resized).JPGIMG_8563_(Custom)_(resized).JPGIMG_8566_(Custom)_(resized).JPGIMG_8565_(Custom)_(resized).JPGIMG_8568_(Custom)_(resized).JPGIMG_8570_(Custom)_(resized).JPGIMG_8571_(Custom)_(resized).JPGIMG_8572_(Custom)_(resized).JPGIMG_8573_(Custom)_(resized).JPGIMG_8574_(Custom)_(resized).JPGIMG_8575_(Custom)_(resized).JPGIMG_8577_(Custom)_(resized).JPGIMG_8579_(Custom)_(resized).JPGIMG_8580_(Custom)_(resized).JPGIMG_8581_(Custom)_(resized).JPG

Hey welcome to the club Zonda, did someone redecal your cab? The colors look perfect.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bloomington, IN
£ 55.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deland, FL
There are 1822 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 37.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside