2 (resized).jpg
20230107_193858 (resized).jpg
BOP_pinbot_values (resized).png
DSC06303 (resized).JPG
DSC06302 (resized).JPG
DSC06301 (resized).JPG
CE093284-D2E7-434C-94F7-231E5F890FC5 (resized).jpeg
20230730_133932 (resized).jpg
There are 2,688 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 54.
#551 8 years ago

Has anyone installed the LED OCD boards for bride. I just did mine and now my helmet doesn't light up anymore.

#552 8 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

Has anyone installed the LED OCD boards for bride. I just did mine and now my helmet doesn't light up anymore.

Contact herg.

#553 8 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

Aside from the helmet issue how are you liking it? I've been in a freeze on the pinball stuff for the holidays but that's likely my next purchase. As Paul said, Herg is great and should help you out. Oddly enough I'd thought the OCD didn't do anything for the helmet so I'm kinda curious what the end solution will be. Good luck!

#554 8 years ago

The difference is subtle. It really depends on the quality of bulbs that you start of with. I was having problems with some of my bulbs flickering or not turning on al all. LED's don't fade very well so games that have lots of fading will notice an improvement. I also installed the boards in my POTC. Prior to installation, the LED's were bright and "sharp" in appearance with some flickering , now they are softer with no flickering noticed and just makes it a more pleasant pinball experience especially in low light rooms. You can adjust the brightness as well. Sterns are much easier to install but WPC89 takes a bit more time. I will keep you posted if I find a resolution for the helmet not turning on but until then you may need to hold off on getting these boards for BOP. If I can't find a solution, I may need to uninstall.

#555 8 years ago

It was also my understanding that those boards didn't do anything with the helmet as it's run separately.

I've also been told that with the LEDOCD you should not run them with ghostbuster lights. I've got it on my IM and it looks great. I wonder if some of you challenges may be with having ghostbuster lights in there too (assuming that is what you have).

#556 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

It was also my understanding that those boards didn't do anything with the helmet as it's run separately.
I've also been told that with the LEDOCD you should not run them with ghostbuster lights. I've got it on my IM and it looks great. I wonder if some of you challenges may be with having ghostbuster lights in there too (assuming that is what you have).

I checked the voltages going to the helmet and it was just below 1V, I rechecked all the connectors to ensure that they were secured properly, I uninstalled the ledOCD and still no helmet lights. I reinstalled the LEDOCD back again and uninstalled the GI OCD and the helmet lights came back up. Therefore, problem is isolated to the GI OCD. For now I will keep the LED OCD installed with the GI OCD uninstalled, at least I get helmet lights, albeit flickering ones

#557 8 years ago

The helmet lights have their own board under the playfield and don't run off the GI, they should work with the GI OCD board in, so that's pretty weird. It's definitely a known problem that they can't be controlled by the boards, it's spelled out on the OCD site and talked about in this thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-helmet-lights-ledgi-ocd-problem

#558 8 years ago

I'm in found my bride

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#559 8 years ago

Welcome to the club. She looks to be in fine shape. What are your plans?

#560 8 years ago

Gonna put in repro playfield make it 2.0 restore this playfield and buy another bop keep it original

#561 8 years ago

Bubbly Mylar had to go then had to reset raised inserts

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#562 8 years ago

I just finished restoring my BoP (new playfield, cabinet refinished and decalled, etc.), and installed/programmed a pinduino. Figured this crowd would appreciate the effects:

#563 8 years ago

You bet we appreciate it. Now make a plug n play kit so we can do our games. GREAT job.

#564 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

You bet we appreciate it. Now make a plug n play kit so we can do our games. GREAT job.

Glad you like it Paul! Did you contact Rock914 about making a PnP kit? Otherwise, this is a walk in the park compared to a PF swap.

#565 8 years ago

No I didn't.

A walk in the park for some but I don't know squat about this kind of stuff. I'm lucky if I can read instillation instructions.

#566 8 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

I just finished restoring my BoP (new playfield, cabinet refinished and decalled, etc.), and installed/programmed a pinduino. Figured this crowd would appreciate the effects:
» YouTube video

I really like what you did there, thanks for showing

#567 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

+1 and count me in....very nice

#568 8 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

+1 and count me in....very nice

Same here... I just want to be able to hide all the LED's so they are not directly seen

#569 8 years ago

and guys how about the helmet.....it actually works with leds.

#570 8 years ago

Glad you all like it. For the LEDs in the helmet, I'm running the modified version L-8 ROM with ghosting and billionaires patches.

#571 8 years ago

Awsome

#572 8 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

» YouTube video

#573 8 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Glad you all like it. For the LEDs in the helmet, I'm running the modified version L-8 ROM with ghosting and billionaires patches.

Oh I see.

#574 8 years ago
Quoted from wierdeer:

Bubbly Mylar had to go then had to reset raised inserts

Looks great! What method did you use to remove the mylar? Did you have to decal the inserts after? Did you clear the PF after you took off the mylar? I've read some horror stories about doing this to BoP which is why I ask.
Thanks for sharing...

#575 8 years ago

The adventure begins

DSC02012_(resized).JPGDSC02012_(resized).JPG

DSC02017_(resized).JPGDSC02017_(resized).JPG

DSC02018_(resized).JPGDSC02018_(resized).JPG

DSC02019_(resized).JPGDSC02019_(resized).JPG

#576 8 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

Looks great! What method did you use to remove the mylar? Did you have to decal the inserts after? Did you clear the PF after you took off the mylar? I've read some horror stories about doing this to BoP which is why I ask.
Thanks for sharing...

it came up so easy freeze spay and pull only pull on frozen part to avoid paint loss

#577 8 years ago

i was scared to do it but i'm on the list for a new repro playfield. so i decided i would try and see what happens....dont be scared just buy the freeze and remove

#578 8 years ago

glue was a pain tho.... blisters on all my fingers when done

#579 8 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

The adventure begins

DSC02012_(resized).JPGDSC02017_(resized).JPGDSC02018_(resized).JPGDSC02019_(resized).JPG

OH man, we'll be following.

#580 8 years ago
Quoted from wierdeer:

glue was a pain tho.... blisters on all my fingers when done

How did the dried mylar glue come off the inserts?

#581 8 years ago

Didn't loose decals....gotta do some paint touch up on the inserts that raised,a little sanding in shooter lane, and fix somebody's hack job on a post that was moved because the original hole was stripped out....then im gonna clear it... this playfield will go into the cab that i keep 1.0 since it is original!!

#582 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

How did the dried mylar glue come off the inserts?

fortunatly for me it was not baked on like the ones you encountered...came off with elbo greese

#583 8 years ago
Quoted from wierdeer:

fortunatly for me it was not baked on like the ones you encountered...came off with elbo greese

Man are you lucky. I just don't want to get into mine so it looks like I have a wall hanger.

#584 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Man are you lucky. I just don't want to get into mine so it looks like I have a wall hanger.

I've seen yours try putting a little mound of flour in the areas that are caked up then drip 90 or better isopropyl alcohol on the mounds let them soak for a little bit then rub off put fresh flour on your finger from time to time

#585 8 years ago
Quoted from wierdeer:

I've seen yours try putting a little mound of flour in the areas that are caked up then drip 90 or better isopropyl alcohol on the mounds let them soak for a little bit then rub off put fresh flour on your finger from time to time

I tried that and it took the decal off and still didn't do that much to the glue. The only thing to do is to pop out all the inserts, sand flat and epoxy back in and that's just for starters.

#586 8 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

The adventure begins

DSC02012_(resized).JPGDSC02017_(resized).JPGDSC02018_(resized).JPGDSC02019_(resized).JPG

Don't think I've ever see a rubber ring that size that's on your mini playfield

#587 8 years ago

Maybe chisel off glue and decal while in the game... intentionally raise the inserts with heat gun sand put on decals and reset flat

#588 8 years ago
Quoted from wierdeer:

Maybe chisel off glue and decal while in the game... intentionally raise the inserts with heat gun sand put on decals and reset flat

That's not the way it's done, the only way is the proper way.

#589 8 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Don't think I've ever see a rubber ring that size that's on your mini playfield

LOL, yeah i know, ordered the wrong size super band one's a while back, it still worked fine with no ball hangups but after the restore it shall be changed

#590 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That's not the way it's done, the only way is the proper way.

vid1900

Pinside member
Unknown
4y 45,650 23,495 15
Sharpen a chisel and hold it completely vertical (not at an angle like you normally use a chisel), the old clear and silkscreen will come right off.
Only do this on inserts you want to remove the printing, glue and clear coat from.
Also vid goes on about how to do this post# 863 in his giude

#591 8 years ago

So don't intentionally raise them remove glue ,clear, decal then refil with clear , sand ad decal

#592 8 years ago
Quoted from wierdeer:

vid1900
Pinside member
Unknown
4y 45,650 23,495 15
Sharpen a chisel and hold it completely vertical (not at an angle like you normally use a chisel), the old clear and silkscreen will come right off.
Only do this on inserts you want to remove the printing, glue and clear coat from.
Also vid goes on about how to do this post# 863 in his giude

Well I never saw that one.

#593 8 years ago

I'm no expert.... This is my first playfield restoration. but vid on the other hand is in my opinion is an expert.read the guide front to back I believe it will inspire you to try

#594 8 years ago
Quoted from wierdeer:

I'm no expert.... This is my first playfield restoration. but vid on the other hand is in my opinion is an expert.read the guide front to back I believe it will inspire you to try

I've read parts of it but not for a while.

#595 8 years ago
Quoted from wierdeer:

it came up so easy freeze spay and pull only pull on frozen part to avoid paint loss

Wow awesome! I am off to trade my BoP this afternoon so I might be exiled from this club for a while! =( But, if my trade falls through, I will definitely be doing this to mine. My PF is nice except for the mylar...

#596 8 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

Wow awesome! I am off to trade my BoP this afternoon so I might be exiled from this club for a while! =( But, if my trade falls through, I will definitely be doing this to mine. My PF is nice except for the mylar...

Just removing the janky mylar and adding some LED's increased the value of my BOP an easy 30%+

Dare I say the playfield looks almost as good as new after a few good coats of 100% carnauba wax and the whole machine is now better then new thanks to LED's which allow me to play in the dark and better ball action vs old bubbling mylar.

Get that mylar off people!

#597 8 years ago

Oh MAN....OH MAN....OH MAN....I'm sooooo excited. Just got the email from PPS saying my pf has been shipped. This wait is gonna KILL ME.

#598 8 years ago

I got the email a few days ago too, it was all in German, so for all I know, they could be sending me chocolate, beer, and a poster of Farah Fawcett

#599 8 years ago

Uuuuummmmm does anyone know how these wee things go back together ??

Seriously though, if i can draw peeps attention to the last 2 pics and here's some questions.
A) The wood portions that the cabs sit back on when in storage/transportation mode have completely gone to cheese, no idea why they seem to have water damage (board is flaking apart) cause the rest of the cab is super dooper tight all over, not even any popped seems. The question is has anyone replaced these before? and just how did they do it? or Suggestions??

B) Does anyone else's cab have the pink stickers attached (B19) surely that's not factory applied and if so i doubt it means the cab number?
Discussion and input needed please

Lastly, what's the best way to remove the side rails cause those suckers are stuck on bloody GOOD?

DSC02027_(resized).JPGDSC02027_(resized).JPG

DSC02026_(resized).JPGDSC02026_(resized).JPG

DSC02025_(resized).JPGDSC02025_(resized).JPG

DSC02020_(resized).JPGDSC02020_(resized).JPG

DSC02021_(resized).JPGDSC02021_(resized).JPG

DSC02022_(resized).JPGDSC02022_(resized).JPG

DSC02023_(resized).JPGDSC02023_(resized).JPG

DSC02024_(resized).JPGDSC02024_(resized).JPG

DSC02028_(resized).JPGDSC02028_(resized).JPG

DSC02029_(resized).JPGDSC02029_(resized).JPG

#600 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I got the email a few days ago too, it was all in German, so for all I know, they could be sending me chocolate, beer, and a poster of Farah Fawcett

To funny. I bought mine through PPS so mine was in English. Yours was shipped from Germany and mine from the US sooooo I wonder who will get theirs first, you or me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 9.95
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

3,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Firestone, CO
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 9.99
$ 27.95
£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,688 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 54.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-clubnon-20/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.