2 (resized).jpg
20230107_193858 (resized).jpg
BOP_pinbot_values (resized).png
DSC06303 (resized).JPG
DSC06302 (resized).JPG
DSC06301 (resized).JPG
CE093284-D2E7-434C-94F7-231E5F890FC5 (resized).jpeg
20230730_133932 (resized).jpg
There are 2,688 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 54.
#501 8 years ago

I don't have one either. What the ....... FORSURE let us know what you find out.

#502 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

That one is not included. At least it didn't come with my set and it is also not pictured on their website.
http://www.classicplayfields.com/photo153.html
I'm guessing since that one requires rivets they figured people wouldn't replace them. That's my only thought on why at least.
Fortunately, it's a cheap plastic that is in stock here. http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/31-1A-50002-3

Thanks for checking. I'm surprised that they'd leave out a $3 (retail) piece of plastic from an otherwise complete set.

#503 8 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Thanks for checking. I'm surprised that they'd leave out a $3 (retail) piece of plastic from an otherwise complete set.

Yeah when it probably only cost them 3 cents.

#504 8 years ago

Heard from from CPR. Turns out that piece wasn't in the master design and out of the 400+ sets they've sold, I'm the first one to notice. They even had room on the sheet on which these are printed to include it, so they think it was just missed on the reference machine, but are checking internally with the designer for that set. I'm guessing no one wanted to bother to pop the rivets, but given how yellowed they have become, I'm surprised no one noticed this before and contacted CPR.

#505 8 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

...Turns out that piece wasn't in the master design and out of the 400+ sets they've sold, I'm the first one to notice.

My set is still in an unopened bag awaiting my playfield swap. I wonder how many of those 400+ sets still sit on someone's shelf and how many have been actually been inspected?

#506 8 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

My set is still in an unopened bag awaiting my playfield swap. I wonder how many of those 400+ sets still sit on someone's shelf and how many have been actually been inspected?

I suspect many. My set was from the first batch, and sat for several months till I started my PF swap.

#507 8 years ago

that piece is missing on my set as well....

How do most of you feel about some of the sneeze guards? Most of my machines don't have them installed unless I have had an issue with a ball flying off a ramp or getting stuck....but out of all my games, I think I have one guard on my Met and one on my TAF...all the others, their sneeze guards are in the cabinet....

#508 8 years ago

Personally, I like the games having all the pieces as they left the factory, but overall, it is no big deal in a home use environment. We are talking a 1% increase in preference. Of course, if there is a frequent place where a ball gets hung up, I do like to get that fixed.

#509 8 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Heard from from CPR. Turns out that piece wasn't in the master design and out of the 400+ sets they've sold, I'm the first one to notice. They even had room on the sheet on which these are printed to include it, so they think it was just missed on the reference machine, but are checking internally with the designer for that set. I'm guessing no one wanted to bother to pop the rivets, but given how yellowed they have become, I'm surprised no one noticed this before and contacted CPR.

That was a quick reply by them, mine is still clear so I'm not in need but it would be nice to have for down the road. Did they say anything about making it and would it cost us anything? That guard actually does something important, it protects that switch but for how often a ball would fly up there is the question.

#510 8 years ago

This is completely unrelated to ongoing discussions but I'd never seen this happen before so I thought I'd mention it.

So I was playing last night like usual, got multiball and sent both up the left ramp for a big wheel spin. Seeing as I'm back on the L4 ROM (L7/L8 were causing massive GI LED flicker), the Billion shot lights up immediately like usual. Normally the heart shot is all but guaranteed for me but, uncharacteristically, I missed both. No big deal I thought, I'll just get it up there with my next shot. Except somehow I managed to get BOTH balls back up the left ramp almost immediately. One a simple right flipper shot as it came down from the pop bumpers and the other a near tilt/drain save that I panicked and shot right up the left ramp. So here I am with a Billion shot lit and plenty of time on the counter except I've now put both balls back up the ramp again for another Big Wheel spin. "What will happen" I thought? Will it spin again or will it keep the Billion shot lit?

Now I'm sure I'm not the first person to do this so the fact that it spun again ended my Billion shot isn't groundbreaking. What WAS surprising is that for the first time in ~400 games I got the freakin' 50 MILLION on the big wheel! I was beginning to think it was my great white whale. Now I already know the L4 ROM has some serious oddities with the selection percentages being broken (Billion comes up way too often) but it'd always irked me that I would never get the 50 MILLION spin...until now. Coincidence or ROM flaw, who knows? I guess the next time I've got my glass off I should probably test it again. Maybe now I can actually get it to light Special/Extra Ball for once too

#511 8 years ago
Quoted from Morydees:

This is completely unrelated to ongoing discussions but I'd never seen this happen before so I thought I'd mention it.
So I was playing last night like usual, got multiball and sent both up the left ramp for a big wheel spin. Seeing as I'm back on the L4 ROM (L7/L8 were causing massive GI LED flicker), the Billion shot lights up immediately like usual. Normally the heart shot is all but guaranteed for me but, uncharacteristically, I missed both. No big deal I thought, I'll just get it up there with my next shot. Except somehow I managed to get BOTH balls back up the left ramp almost immediately. One a simple right flipper shot as it came down from the pop bumpers and the other a near tilt/drain save that I panicked and shot right up the left ramp. So here I am with a Billion shot lit and plenty of time on the counter except I've now put both balls back up the ramp again for another Big Wheel spin. "What will happen" I thought? Will it spin again or will it keep the Billion shot lit?
Now I'm sure I'm not the first person to do this so the fact that it spun again ended my Billion shot isn't groundbreaking. What WAS surprising is that for the first time in ~400 games I got the freakin' 50 MILLION on the big wheel! I was beginning to think it was my great white whale. Now I already know the L4 ROM has some serious oddities with the selection percentages being broken (Billion comes up way too often) but it'd always irked me that I would never get the 50 MILLION spin...until now. Coincidence or ROM flaw, who knows? I guess the next time I've got my glass off I should probably test it again. Maybe now I can actually get it to light Special/Extra Ball for once too

Very interesting report, I've never done that

#512 8 years ago

Hello BOP owners. I'm looking to buy a BOP (I currently own a Pin•Bot, he needs the Bride), and I would like to know what should I watch over when looking for one. A owner from here (I'm from Argentina) told me to check the head's motor by running its test a couple of times. Is there anything else I should know?

I have spotted 4 machines for sale:

#1 is from the guy who sold me my Pin•Bot (he was an arcade technician back in the day), he said it has the dual tone cabinet and head (as I saw some BOP have), also he said it's in very good condition, and he has another two BOP, so he can swap pieces to make an (almost) perfect one. He is asking $2800 (28000 pesos argentinos) for it. (I haven't seen it yet. From my experience with my Pin•Bot, I could expect a nice machine with some small wear on the PF here and there, but nothing too serious, some lights burnt, and a rubber or two screaming "Change me!".)

#2 is another "arcade technician", who I recognize from having very good machines (Played a TOM, J•B and many other machines that belong to him). I asked him if he had one, and he offered me a "very good one" for $3000 (haven't seen it yet, but I could expect a very nice machine from him)

#3 is one I've spotted for sale over the internet. He is asking $3350, kind of crazy considering the wear the PF has. Here are some pictures:
flipper-the-machine-732311-MLA20516587219_122015-F.jpgflipper-the-machine-732311-MLA20516587219_122015-F.jpg
flipper-the-machine-869211-MLA20516586519_122015-F.jpgflipper-the-machine-869211-MLA20516586519_122015-F.jpg
flipper-the-machine-240311-MLA20516586767_122015-F.jpgflipper-the-machine-240311-MLA20516586767_122015-F.jpg
flipper-the-machine-841311-MLA20516586166_122015-F.jpgflipper-the-machine-841311-MLA20516586166_122015-F.jpg

and finally:

#4 is from a pinball collector who told me he is currently restoring one. It would be in perfect condition with full LEDs and lacquered PF. But he thinks the price will be around $3800 which exceeds what I have on my piggy bank, but if it comes out as nice as he told me it will be, I can maybe make it. The worst part if that I'll have to wait until he finishes it.

I'm hoping to go see #1 and #2 this week or next one. I will take photos of them, so you can help me decide, and to be able to enter into the Club !

Thanks!!

#513 8 years ago

Hey Welcome (almost) to the club, about the only advise I can give you is GO LOOK AT THEM and compare. More money doesn't mean a better machine, as I can see from your pictures, forget that one. On another note my LAH is a re-import from your country, it has a funky sheetmetal coin door and no place to put coins in for play but it has a small coin chute on the door. Very strange.

So go with the the person you most trust to give you a fair deal and will help you with any trouble after the sale. If you need ramps, plastic set and helmet get them NOW while they are still available.

Keep us informed.

#514 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Hey Welcome (almost) to the club, about the only advise I can give you is GO LOOK AT THEM and compare. More money doesn't mean a better machine, as I can see from your pictures, forget that one. On another note my LAH is a re-import from your country, it has a funky sheetmetal coin door and no place to put coins in for play but it has a small coin chute on the door. Very strange.
So go with the the person you most trust to give you a fair deal and will help you with any trouble after the sale. If you need ramps, plastic set and helmet get them NOW while they are still available.
Keep us informed.

Good advise

... Where's a helmet? I can't find them anywheres

#516 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I thought Starship had them.

They did but they are out of stock.

Ramps are still in stock. If you need one I recommend getting them now.
http://starship-fantasy.com/ramps/The-Machine-Bride-of-Pinbot-Ramp-Set

#517 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Last time I looked about a month ago they still had them. Oh well.

#518 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

do you think the ramps will be obsolete sometime soon ?

#519 8 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

That's hard to say but with Peter talking about a 3 run of the pf a lot of guys will be looking for new EVERYTHING to put on the new pf's. And you know how long people have and are still waiting for new ramps for other games. Ours are still here so....

#520 8 years ago

Any difference between the ramps linked above and these ones from Marco? besides the price...

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/RS1458

I know some replacement ramps fit better then others due to different thicknesses.

#521 8 years ago
Quoted from BigDan:

Any difference between the ramps linked above and these ones from Marco? besides the price...

I know some replacement ramps fit better then others due to different thicknesses.

Don't know.

#522 8 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

My gut tells me yes. I'm sure they will make more at some point but it seems as though now that the ramp business got moved to the new company that things aren't making it back in stock like it used to. As MustangPaul is saying. There are a lot of people out there restoring BOP's now (justification is needing 3 runs of PF's) and if you think you may need something and it's available now I'd pick it up.

Quoted from BigDan:

My understanding is they are made by the same company. Be advised that the aftermarket ones are much thicker than the stock ones. Hopefully this means they will hold up better but it did mean (at least for me) I had to make several adjustments to get things to fit perfectly/work correctly.

#523 8 years ago

Does anyone know the exact paint color of the cabinet to match a few scuffed spots?

#524 8 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Does anyone know the exact paint color of the cabinet to match a few scuffed spots?

With how much they've faded over the years it won't do you any good.

#525 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

With how much they've faded over the years it won't do you any good.

Got that right... Best to get a ton of sample papers from several different places and match it the best you can

#526 8 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Like Paul said, it's almost pointless given fading over time. Getting a bunch of samples until you find the right one is the way to go. Or depending on how bad your gouges are, you can try what I did which was buying a bunch of blue/purple paint pens at the art supply store to get as close as I could. Mind you, my decals were pretty beat up but I didn't want to replace them until I was sure I was keeping the machine. I could live with the fading but not the huge gouges, so I tested the pens on a few hidden spots first (giving it ample time to set as it'll change color) until I found the right combo. Here's some before/after shots.

4.jpg4.jpg
3.jpg3.jpg
2.jpg2.jpg
1.jpg1.jpg

#527 8 years ago
Quoted from Morydees:

...so I tested the pens on a few hidden spots first (giving it ample time to set as it'll change color) until I found the right combo. Here's some before/after shots.

Nice work! Thanks for the pics!

#528 8 years ago

Finally, today. I reserved a BOP. Found "the one". Cabinet art has the "red" parts. It even has all the original manuals and papers it had when it was brand new. She'll be with me by the end of the year I will upload photos as soon as I could.

#529 8 years ago
Quoted from Zonda716:

Finally, today. I reserved a BOP. Found "the one". Cabinet art has the "red" parts. It even has all the original manuals and papers it had when it was brand new. She'll be with me by the end of the year I will upload photos as soon as I could.

That sounds like a nice one, Congrats. Pictures when ya get her.

2 weeks later
#530 8 years ago

Received this in the mail yesterday, the wait is OVER and OMFG was it worth the wait !!
Peter has done a fantastic job on these playfields, awesome clearcoat and NO imperfections. To be honest i'm not a very picky person but i've scanned this with my eyeballs that much my brain really did start to hurt (errmm could have been the few extra celebratory bourbons too )
For those still waiting for their BOP's you will NOT be disappointed believe me, you may be that in love with it you might even consider some unnatural acts with it, LOL.
GREAT JOB PETER!! your legend grows and i'd buy any other playfield off you even if i didn't have the machine.

DSC01990_(resized).JPGDSC01990_(resized).JPG

DSC01991_(resized).JPGDSC01991_(resized).JPG

DSC01992_(resized).JPGDSC01992_(resized).JPG

DSC01993_(resized).JPGDSC01993_(resized).JPG

DSC01994_(resized).JPGDSC01994_(resized).JPG

DSC01995_(resized).JPGDSC01995_(resized).JPG

#532 8 years ago

Nice, can't wait to get mine. Both the playfield and 2.0 kit are arriving around the same time. I'm going to have a busy Winter.

#533 8 years ago

Makes me want to order one. I wonder if he will still take orders...

#534 8 years ago

I wish work would fund one of these... but alas; I don't think they'd be willing to foot the bill.
Also; I'm not sure I'd want to do the PF swap. :/

#535 8 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

Makes me want to order one. I wonder if he will still take orders...

Contact him....but you better hurry.....like TODAY.

#536 8 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I'm not sure I'd want to do the PF swap. :/

I've been thinking the same, i may just get it all done professionally cause i just DON'T want to F@#$$K up that gorgeous playfield.

#537 8 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

I've been thinking the same, i may just get it all done professionally cause i just DON'T want to F@#$$K up that gorgeous playfield.

That's what I'm gonna do....I'll redo the cab and bb while that's being done.

#538 8 years ago

Meh. I've done a PF swap for ST_:MU... its not that hard. I just don't want to do it for free on someone else's machine.

#539 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Contact him....but you better hurry.....like TODAY.

Sorry but what is his contact info? I contacted Rick at PPS but I thought Peter was taking orders directly at one point (I just can't find that thread right now).

#541 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That's what I'm gonna do....I'll redo the cab and bb while that's being done.

Piece of cake , plus you can clean everything yourself, part of the fun

#542 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Piece of cake

Which piece the cab and bb or the pf swap?

#543 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Which piece the cab and bb or the pf swap?

The playfield, it may be tedious and time consuming, unless you have a great resource for someone that won't charge an arm and a leg. I don't trust anyone but myself around here

#544 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

The playfield, it may be tedious and time consuming, unless you have a great resource for someone that won't charge an arm and a leg. I don't trust anyone but myself around here

I see, my pintech will do the swap, he's done them before so he knows what to look for and what needs replacing. I've got to much to do to do everything and with a F'd up hand at the moment all the stuff that needs to be done has been pushed back till who knows when.

#545 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I see, my pintech will do the swap...

I wish I had a pin tech!

#546 8 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I wish I had a pin tech!

We've got a couple of great local ones here who make house calls and really know their stuff. Reasonable rates too and one lives only a few miles away too. I just wish I had a local arcade tech, I just can't get my MACH 3 laser game to work.

#547 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I just wish I had a local arcade tech, I just can't get my MACH 3 laser game to work.

You still having trouble getting that up and running MP? Roadtrip? Surely there must be someone over there that can get it sorted for you, did you ask the pinside user Pacman from the arcade thread, his work is awesome!
He may know of someone that can help as well, it may be a just a matter of sending off the boards, etc for repair work, might not need to send the whole machine.

#548 8 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

You still having trouble getting that up and running MP? Roadtrip? Surely there must be someone over there that can get it sorted for you, did you ask the pinside user Pacman from the arcade thread, his work is awesome!
He may know of someone that can help as well, it may be a just a matter of sending off the boards, etc for repair work, might not need to send the whole machine.

Yeah still no luck, I'm no electronics guy by any stretch of the imagination so I have no idea what I'm doing. I asked Pacman and he doesn't know anything about the game. Laserdisc game repair is a lost art I guess, no one even able to trouble shoot the boards that I can find and it's such a FUN game to.

#549 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yeah still no luck, I'm no electronics guy by any stretch of the imagination so I have no idea what I'm doing. I asked Pacman and he doesn't know anything about the game. Laserdisc game repair is a lost art I guess, no one even able to trouble shoot the boards that I can find and it's such a FUN game to.

I'd ask in the KLOV forums, there are many more arcade collectors and repair people there. Laserdisc players are tricky, but I know there are people that repair them or make kits to convert it to running off a hard drive. I had a Dragon's Lair for a long time and read up on them a bunch.

#550 8 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I'd ask in the KLOV forums, there are many more arcade collectors and repair people there. Laserdisc players are tricky, but I know there are people that repair them or make kits to convert it to running off a hard drive. I had a Dragon's Lair for a long time and read up on them a bunch.

I really should do that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

3,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Firestone, CO
£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 27.95
$ 9.95
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 9.95
$ 9.99
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,688 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 54.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-clubnon-20/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.