2 (resized).jpg
20230107_193858 (resized).jpg
BOP_pinbot_values (resized).png
DSC06303 (resized).JPG
DSC06302 (resized).JPG
DSC06301 (resized).JPG
CE093284-D2E7-434C-94F7-231E5F890FC5 (resized).jpeg
20230730_133932 (resized).jpg

There are 2,684 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 54.
#1 8 years ago

Didn't find a BOP club so I thought I'd start one, so we wouldn't clog the 2.0 topic and see if there was any interest. I've had mine for over a year and is in good condition with some fade, dings and pf wear but it does have all new ramps, ramp stickers, skill shot plastic and stickers, helmet, new mini pf, Comet red top/white bottom pop cap led rings, new CPR back glass, new chrome legs, new speaker plastic panel, Laseriffic topper, is all led'd and plays with no errors.

I just got a used pf that's in great shape, no real paint loss on unmylar'd areas, some yellowing of whites on unmylar'd places, dirt trails in the unmylar'd paint, no raised inserts, some scuffing on unmylar'd inserts but those still have perfect decals and the inserts covered by mylar had some bubbling. I've read about removing mylar and no matter which method you use it's a crap shoot for pulling it and not having the decals come with it. So I just pulled up a corner and slowly pulled it off and to my surprise ALL the decals stayed put. What did I do wrong...I mean right...or did I just get lucky. All that's left is the sticky from the mylar. So when I remove the sticky with flour and alk. will that remove the decals??? That's the million dollar question.

Hope to see more of the BOP non 2.0 owners here.

Successful mylar pull, no heat or cold, just pulled.

IMGA0987.jpgIMGA0987.jpg

The rest of the pictures show what the bubbled mylar places looked like after the pull. The glue is shiny and where the bubbles were are dull and have no glue on them.
IMGA0988.jpgIMGA0988.jpg
IMGA0989.jpgIMGA0989.jpg
IMGA0990.jpgIMGA0990.jpg
IMGA0991.jpgIMGA0991.jpg
IMGA0992.jpgIMGA0992.jpg

#2 8 years ago

Nice job on the mylar removal , I never wanted to remove mine since I m pretty sure artwork will come with ..

Glad to be in the club , I got a pretty nice exemple , its a classic it wont leave the collection !

Mike

#3 8 years ago

I am too scared to remove my Mylar, but it is bubbling pretty bad. Maybe I could find a spare from someone who got the repro and try to fix it up.

#4 8 years ago

Why go through all of that when you can get a clear coated playfield ?

#5 8 years ago

BOP was my first, she started the "sickness" for me. She will never leave!
image.jpgimage.jpg

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Why go through all of that when you can get a clear coated playfield ?

Save some money?
It's something to do?

#7 8 years ago

Nice work!
I would go the long, slow Goo-Gone process, but let's see what the experts say.

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

Save some money?
It's something to do?

AND what we do as hobbyists...save what we can of the originals that are still out there. I haven't cleaned the pf yet but from what I can see now there are only 3 very small spots with missing paint.

IMGA0993.JPGIMGA0993.JPG
IMGA0994.JPGIMGA0994.JPG
IMGA0995.JPGIMGA0995.JPG

#9 8 years ago

Hey thanks guys for signing up, I hope we can help each other out if we have problems or just talk about the game. This lady needs all the love we can give her. I have plans of putting an angle eye lit start button on too. Stay tuned for that one.

#10 8 years ago

I'm in the club too! I'm planning on new cabinet decals soon as mine is peeling and faded. However my translight is near perfect. It has new ramps installed and the plastics are perfect. The playfield didn't come with mylar so... it doesn't matter because mine is one of the very few Diamond Plated playfields!!! Also min may be sort of a prototype edition as it has electronic flippers I believe Williams was toying with at the time. No leafs or EOS on the flippers. I'm out of town but I will post pics Sunday or Monday.

#11 8 years ago

VERY nice, yeah ya gotta post some pictures for sure. Thanks

#12 8 years ago

In the club mine had the Mylar removed pryer to purchase pulled up paint and wood. I'm going to need a new playfield some day.

#13 8 years ago

Great to have you in the club but sorry to hear about your mylar pull.

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

Save some money?
It's something to do?

save some money... sure but you cant compare the two.

something to do... i cant remember the last time i was that bored. besides, if your going to all the trouble of removing everything from the playfield as the pics show, nows the time to get your hands on a new clearcoated one and make the swap !

#15 8 years ago

Can I be in the club too?

Still working on mine...non 2.0, but lots of other junk done to it...

IMG_00211.jpgIMG_00211.jpg

#16 8 years ago

I'm in,got the whole trilogy.Those inserts will clean up nicely,just pulled a mylar up on a Funhouse with raised inserts and they came up a treat.

#17 8 years ago

Ok I'm in. Double vision! (One is not mine as my son bought his own.)

2014-05-26 19.35.07.jpg2014-05-26 19.35.07.jpg2014-05-17 09.43.40.jpg2014-05-17 09.43.40.jpg

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

Can I be in the club too?
Still working on mine...non 2.0, but lots of other junk done to it...

IMG_00211.jpg

You bet Greg, your always welcome in a club cuz your a real craftsman and we all can learn alot from you.

#19 8 years ago

Cool, all 3 would be so great to have all lined up. Ya got a nice picture?

Quoted from king-pin:

I'm in,got the whole trilogy.Those inserts will clean up nicely,just pulled a mylar up on a Funhouse with raised inserts and they came up a treat.

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Ok I'm in. Double vision! (One is not mine as my son bought his own.)
2014-05-26 19.35.07.jpg 2014-05-17 09.43.40.jpg

Yup you and your son are in. I followed his resto, beautiful workmanship. Did you resto yours too?

#21 8 years ago

I'm a 2.0 guy but I PROMISE, I'll keep my comments limited to 1.0 issues. Thanks for creating the thread! Oh, I was friends with Python. That was cool!

Edit: I also have a Diamond Plate Playfield and the colors of my big and small wheel inserts are different. I have 3 sets of yellow - it kinda looks like a nuclear hazard symbol.

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

I'm a 2.0 guy but I PROMISE, I'll keep my comments limited to 1.0 issues. Thanks for creating the thread! Oh, I was friends with Python. That was cool!

Well I don't know. Well all right as long as you promise cuz there are alot of us who want to keep our games original...meaning no 2.0. Welcome.

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yup you and your son are in. I followed his resto, beautiful workmanship. Did you resto yours too?

All new ramps, plastics and helmet. I have two new playfields on order from Peter. (Shhhhhh...Matt is getting his for Christmas.) It will be fun doing two pf swaps, as Matt's really, REALLY needs it badly. Mine is ok, as long as you don't need paint in the pop bumper area.

#24 8 years ago

My game recently got a lot of play at a local show so I'm going to do a mini-shop on it when I can. I originally had removed all of the parts from it and replaced a few plastics when I got it. I have since purchased the CPR plastics set and I was thinking of doing that as well. I put new incandescents in everyplace but the pops since they are more difficult to change and LEDs will avoid cap burn. I did put LED Star Post lights that flash when the sligshots fire. This mod works with any BOP and I think it makes it look more mechanical (like sparks flying when the slings are hit). I had Python sign my backglass and I got John Trudeau to sign it as well. I sold my collection last year and this was one of the 4 games I kept. I'm a huge fan of this title in any incarnation!

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

All new ramps, plastics and helmet. I have two new playfields on order from Peter. (Shhhhhh...Matt is getting his for Christmas.) It will be fun doing two pf swaps, as Matt's really, REALLY needs it badly. Mine is ok, as long as you don't need paint in the pop bumper area.

Wow 2 of them, did ya get a discount. Dang I wish I had an experienced person help me like that, he's a luck guy.

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

My game recently got a lot of play at a local show so I'm going to do a mini-shop on it when I can. I originally had removed all of the parts from it and replaced a few plastics when I got it. I have since purchased the CPR plastics set and I was thinking of doing that as well. I put new incandescents in everyplace but the pops since they are more difficult to change and LEDs will avoid cap burn. I did put LED Star Post lights that flash when the sligshots fire. This mod works with any BOP and I think it makes it look more mechanical (like sparks flying when the slings are hit). I had Python sign my backglass and I got John Trudeau to sign it as well. I sold my collection last year and this was one of the 4 games I kept. I'm a huge fan of this title in any incarnation!

I read how you were down sizing and sold most of your games, I hope you and the wife are enjoying your "smaller" lifestyle. You always did do very nice work to get your games in tip-top shape. I have a few of those star post leds from the German Co. I like the way they fit completly inside the post but man are they expensive.

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Cool, all 3 would be so great to have all lined up. Ya got a nice picture?

Here they are.

IMAG0370.jpgIMAG0370.jpg

IMAG0377.jpgIMAG0377.jpg

IMAG0092.jpgIMAG0092.jpg

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from king-pin:

Here they are.

IMAG0370.jpg IMAG0377.jpg IMAG0092.jpg

That is a cool line ya got there.

#29 8 years ago

I B havin some messy fun. Takin it slow and the mylar glue is commin up nice.

IMGA0028.jpgIMGA0028.jpg

IMGA0027.jpgIMGA0027.jpg

#30 8 years ago

I just got another (my 2nd). The pf Is So nice, and I didn't notice any mylar. Did the make any with Diamondplate?
-Allen

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from pinaholic:

I just got another (my 2nd). The pf Is So nice, and I didn't notice any mylar. Did the make any with Diamondplate?
-Allen

Yes they made a few (not sure how many). It will say DiamondPlate in the left outlane.

DPBOP.jpgDPBOP.jpg

#32 8 years ago

Well the glue came off nice except where the mylar had bubbled. My thinking is that the heat of the incandescent bulbs caused the glue to dry out and the mylar let go and by doing so that dryed glue got baked on. It was a real pain to get those hard rings off and I messed up a couple of insert decals and some paint in doing so. Does anyone know of someone who can touch it up and clear it?

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Well the glue came off nice except where the mylar had bubbled. My thinking is that the heat of the incandescent bulbs caused the glue to dry out and the mylar let go and by doing so that dryed glue got baked on. It was a real pain to get those hard rings off and I messed up a couple of insert decals and some paint in doing so. Does anyone know of someone who can touch it up and clear it?

I did mine myself with hobby paint and I sealed it with super glue and wet sanded it in. Not perfect but people who have played it say that it's one of the nicest they've played. I wouldn't go that far but it's not bad. You can sorta see the results in my restoration thread (pre-2.0) here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/another-bride-gets-the-works-eventually-will-be-a-bop-20-fingers-crossed

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

I did mine myself with hobby paint and I sealed it with super glue and wet sanded it in. Not perfect but people who have played it say that it's one of the nicest they've played. I wouldn't go that far but it's not bad. You can sorta see the results in my restoration thread (pre-2.0) here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/another-bride-gets-the-works-eventually-will-be-a-bop-20-fingers-crossed

Just read the thread again, sure wish you would have described the pf work you did.

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

BOP was my first, she started the "sickness" for me. She will never leave!

image.jpg(Click image to enlarge)

Same for me, first game I bought, restored & fell in love with all aspects of the hobby.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#36 8 years ago

non 2.0...for now.

CAM00953.jpgCAM00953.jpg

CAM00954.jpgCAM00954.jpg

CAM00956.jpgCAM00956.jpg

CAM00955.jpgCAM00955.jpg

#37 8 years ago

Anyone happen to know where I can get insert decals?

#39 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That is a cool line ya got there.

Got some other cool lines as well.

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

Try 2........ ebay.com link » Williams Bride of Pinbot Pinball Machine Insert Decals Licensed

Thanks.

#41 8 years ago
Quoted from king-pin:

Got some other cool lines as well.

Well let's see them then, with 27 games your a notch above me so I'd like to see how you have then set up. You have quite a bit more room then I do.

#42 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Well let's see them then, with 27 games your a notch above me so I'd like to see how you have then set up. You have quite a bit more room then I do.

This was my systems 11 room but as you can see it has already over-flowed.

IMAG0082.jpgIMAG0082.jpg

IMAG0083.jpgIMAG0083.jpg

#43 8 years ago

And some more over-flow,will swap mousin' around for jokerz! when I can stop playing MM.Can you spot the common thing with all 3 games besides the fact they are all sys 11?

IMAG0384.jpgIMAG0384.jpg

#44 8 years ago
Quoted from king-pin:

Can you spot the common thing with all 3 games besides the fact they are all sys 11?

All 3 are turned off.

#45 8 years ago

Hi BoP is the first game I purchased and I love it! My PF has bad bubbling and I would like to restore it some day. But for now it plays great!
The only issue I'm having is that intermittently (more often than not though) both balls are realeased into multiball instead of one ball at a time. The problem with this is that, when they are released right on top of one another, sometimes the second ball bounces around when entering the LH flipper return and ends up in the LH outlane immediately... Is this a known issue or am I on my own trying tfigure it out? Is the face outlet stopper solenoid thingy adjustable at all? Could a bad solder connection cause weakening of the solenoid (this happened on my underplayfield kickout solenoid)?
Glad there is a group for BoP 1.0. Can I join? =)

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

Hi BoP is the first game I purchased and I love it! My PF has bad bubbling and I would like to restore it some day. But for now it plays great!
The only issue I'm having is that intermittently (more often than not though) both balls are realeased into multiball instead of one ball at a time. The problem with this is that, when they are released right on top of one another, sometimes the second ball bounces around when entering the LH flipper return and ends up in the LH outlane immediately... Is this a known issue or am I on my own trying tfigure it out? Is the face outlet stopper solenoid thingy adjustable at all? Could a bad solder connection cause weakening of the solenoid (this happened on my underplayfield kickout solenoid)?

Check whether both of your ball lock microswitches are registering correctly. Other than that, you might need to take apart and clean your post assemble. Maybe the coil sleeve needs to be replaced, or something else is causing friction, preventing the post from returning to the up position in time to stop the second ball from being released.

#47 8 years ago

Since BOP 2.0 is so expensive, has anyone thought about adding WMS DMD hardware to a BOP and reprogramming the main ROM to output some graphics to the DMD (Maybe with OpenWPC or whatever that software is called for reprogramming WPC games). One of the things I think I dislike most about BOP 2.0 is the new audio. But this way you could keep the old audio chip in place, untouched and it would be a lot cheaper than a BOP 2.0. Just requires someone to do the programming.

#48 8 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

Your in, thanks for joining and keeping the girl alive. Your gonna have a bad time then you remove the mylar because where it has lifted the glue has dried and turned rock hard. I lost 2 insert decals because of it but was lucky that the others came clean with the decals still there but you might still loose some playfield paint when you remove the mylar, I was lucky and didn't loose any. Check the ball switch. If you think you need ramps you should get them now, no telling how much longer they will be available. A helmet too.

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from RavagedUnicorn:

Since BOP 2.0 is so expensive, has anyone thought about adding WMS DMD hardware to a BOP and reprogramming the main ROM to output some graphics to the DMD (Maybe with OpenWPC or whatever that software is called for reprogramming WPC games). One of the things I think I dislike most about BOP 2.0 is the new audio. But this way you could keep the old audio chip in place, untouched and it would be a lot cheaper than a BOP 2.0. Just requires someone to do the programming.

Sounds cool but don't know if it's possible and where would you put the dmd.

#50 8 years ago
Quoted from RavagedUnicorn:

What you described will basically recreate bop2.0 as you have to replace the same stuff they did to get a dmd running but with used boards. It's not going to be a lot cheaper when you factor in time/labor, Plus paying for programmer. The DP guys are getting fresh voice recordings from the original vocalist.. They're doing it right, but takes money. You can play BOP1.0 on BOP2.0 as well so get two games.

It is pricey when you can compare it against the cost of game, which is prob why the 2.0 model is pretty limited.

Fyi, if anyone does want to go to the 2.0 club, they are about to do another run per website. And just today said final code for bop2.0 is end of this month (with metamorphosis)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
There are 2,684 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 54.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-clubnon-20 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.