Topic Stats

• 376 posts
  • 70 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Buthamburg
  • Topic is favorited by 29 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 42 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2016-03-10_18.19.29_(resized).jpg
2016-03-10_18.19.29_(resized).jpg
bpf.jpg
2016-02-25_17.54.54_(resized).jpg
2016-02-25_17.56.05_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_0860_(resized).jpg
379482-i.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Buthamburg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Hello to all.

The second run on BOP playfields will start in 14 days.
I will be closing the list on the 3rd of May.
If you are not on any list yet and would like to have a playfield
then please send me an E-mail to peter@buthamburg.de

Best regards from Hamburg
Peter

#7 4 years ago

Hello to all

BoP Playfield is 600 Euro
Shipping to the USA is 75 Euro
Paypal Fees 15 Euro

If the playfield remains in the EC its + 19% VAT

Regrads from Hamburg
Peter

#13 4 years ago

2 Boards would cost 140 Euro on shipping
4 Boards would cost 190 Euro on shipping

If you are on PPS pre order List, then please dont sign up on my pre order list.
If you are on my list Im expecting you to also purchase from my list.
Once my list is closed I will ask all to deposit 100Euro as to make sure that I wont be stuck up
boards.

In the 690 Euro the paypal fees are included.

#26 4 years ago

Ill ask all on my list to confirm thier order with the deposit as soon as I close the list, then Ill
give the comfirmed quontity to the carpenter so he can start the milling, Starting 3rd of May.

#29 4 years ago

Sorry, but if you have question to the PPS waiting list, then please contact PPS.

#31 4 years ago

The playfields have been sent out to PPS and did not arrive yet.

1 week later
#37 4 years ago

Hello to all.

Many thanks for all the acceptance of our handcraft work that we all put into the playfield production. This is very amotional for us all, I had to dry my eyes this morning. After so many years of ups and downs on this project, I could not think of a nicer way to to finish this. Thank you to all for your great patients.

All this would never have been possible without all the loyal and hard working people that help me.
I would like to share this moment with the complete team.

Special Thanks to:
Kevin Abramczyk putting the project together.
Kevin and the carpenter, Achim Sonnabend working out the milling
and dimpling program.
Carsten Timm for doing the Silkscreening with me together, many thanks
for not hitting me for my fussy style.

Special thanks to Rick, Planetary Pinball for giving me the chance to make
these playfields and not lossing your faith after so many years of me not getting
this done.

All is now set up and the playfield production will now run smoothly.

We all wish you guys a nice weekend
Regards from Germany

#38 4 years ago

Yes, PPS will get enough playfields to cover thier demand on the second run.

#51 4 years ago

I wanted to get an account at Fedex to speed up the shipping.

1 week later
#61 4 years ago

Hello to all.

Yes we have a delay with the wood. The wood will arrive in the 22nd week.
I will leave the list open until the first of June, then we will start.

Regards from Hamburg
Peter

1 month later
#63 4 years ago

Hello to all.
I have now closed the BoP preorder list. Thanks to all that have prepayed thier playfield.
The pre paid people on my list will garanteed recieve thier playfield from me.
Thanks to all, Im off now for my holiday. The carpenter has started to mill the boards
and should be finished when I come back.
Wish you all a great day.

Regards from Hamburg
Peter

2 months later
#70 4 years ago

Hello to all from Hamburg.

We have had a month delay in getting the wood. The wood works applied the wrong finishing so we had to send it back.
As the boards were finished milled and inserts glued, we slipped into the holiday season.
I have received all the boards back today, they have been sanded
level. Now they will be sanded by hand to get them nice and smooth, On Fryday I will take them for primer.
Target date for printing is in week 39.
Sorry the delay but I didnt want to leave the boards with the wrong finishing Funier

I have also made some of the proto type, to keep the proto type something special there is only a very limited
quantity and they will be sold a couple of 100 more expensive.

Regards from Hamburg

IMG_6978.jpg

IMG_6980.jpg

IMG_6982.jpg

#73 4 years ago

The proto type with the yellow inserts.

The quality will be the same as the first run.
They have the 4 correction in the dimpling.

#80 4 years ago

Sorry to hear.

Here all is explained, its in this thread, page 2.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-restomod/page/2

Regards from Hamburg
Peter

1 week later
#92 4 years ago

So all that would be missing now is a great set of Illuminated Flipper Bats

IMG_6333.jpg

#98 4 years ago

Yes, I also produce the Illuminated Bats. You can always contact me under peter@buthamburg.de

#99 4 years ago

The primer has been applied, Next week we are starting to print. PPS supplied us with the original Films.
Kevin has touched up the artwork, scratches of the scans and corrected the position of the colors (Stars)
Next week we are going to party at the printers place. Ill update with pictures during the printing.

Regards from Hamburg
Peter

#106 4 years ago

Hello to all

23 boards needed a second primer which was applied yesterday, I was not satisfied and didnt want to just leave it like that.
The printing will start on the 7th.

Regards from Hamburg
Peter

3 weeks later
#118 4 years ago

Hello to all.

The 4th color has been printed. Tomorrow we can print the next color.
Ill drive to the printer today and make a pictures.

Playfield swop: Make sure that you take alot of picture while you are diassembling, specialy from the Post holding assemblies up.

Regards from hamburg
Peter

#128 4 years ago

Hello to all.

Here is a picture of the printing status. We are using the original Films for the printing.
On Tuesday we will continue printing. Wish you all a nice week end.

Regards from Hamburg
Peter

IMG_7057.jpg

#131 4 years ago

So far all looks good. We are positioning the colors according to the black mask. Its very tricky
because we are having some temperature changes and each silk screen has slight different stretching.
But we can only say once the black is in the screen and the first print is applied. Until then it stays scary.
One thing you can be sure of is, that if there is something wrong, Ill get it fixed.

Have a nice week end
Regard from Hamburg
Peter

1 week later
#132 4 years ago

Hello to all.

Im happy to annouce that the black has been printed. The first batch is going to the paint shop tomorrow for the first clear coat.

Regards from Hamburg
Peter

IMG_7066.jpg

2 weeks later
#169 4 years ago

Hello to all.

The first layer of clear coat has been applied. On Monday Ill fetch the first load. Next week I can start to sand them, the clear coat should
have rested long enough. End of next week Ill have them back to the painters shop to get the second layer of clear coat applied.
I wish all a great weekend.
Regards from Hamburg
Peter

#180 4 years ago

Good morning to all.

Im trying my best to get the Playfields out as fast as possible. The painter applied the first coat, but it was way to thin.
I worked throught the weekend and until late into the nights, 63 Boards were brought back last week and the clear coat was applied again.
I fetch the remaining boards last week fryday and am buisy sanding them, they should be finished this evening. Tomorrow Ill bring them to the painters shop and take the first (63)load back. I will emmidiatly start sanding them and get them back to the paint shop latest Monday.
I then hope that I can start sending out the first playfields on Monday the 7th. I will try and get a contract from UPS, price garantee for the playfields, to speed up the shipping time. I have an account but UPS is very expensive, double the price of DHL, but much faster.

Regards from Hamburg
Peter

#189 4 years ago

With DHL it can take up to 20 + days, now its Christmass time and could take longer. They do say that it takes 14 days but the past has shown that its more 20+ UPS says 8 days, but I have never shipped with them. Im waiting an appointment and maybe I can get the same price as with DHL, its approx 80 parcels and maybe they will give me a package price.

The PPS boards will mostprobly be send from me direct to thier costomers, this will save time.

Depending on the clear coat, I will start sending out on Monday the 7th.

The clear coat should rest atleast 3-4 weeks before mounting the parts. That would be arround / after Christmass The first game I would recomend January. The longer the clear coat can seatle, the better it is.

Regards from Hamburg
Peter

#193 4 years ago

Thank you to all.
Yes, I will not rush work anything. Even if I work day and night and through all weekends, I will make sure that the clear coat will be good.
I can just hope that the paint shop will do thier work correct, otherwise Ill sand them down again and bring them back.

Actually it is not neccesary to route out the clear at the T-Nuts, it will be good to drill clean the hole.
If the clear cracks in thoses deeper cut outs it wont damage the rest of the clear coat, but then you could route it out.

Wish you all a nice day.
Regards from Hamburg
Peter

2 weeks later
#196 4 years ago

Hello to all.
We have fetched the first load of BOP playfields with thier second clear coat. 90% ist OK, and we can now start to send out a load of boards. We can start packing over the weekend. Today we will fetch another load that didnt fit in my car yesterday.
We will also try and sand the Playfields were the coat has to many marks in them and try and get them back to the painters shop
on Monday. We will also send out a load to PPS, We will devide the quantities equally.
We wish you all a nice day.
Regards from Hamburg
Peter

#198 4 years ago

Here is a picture.
On the right hand side is our new tool for the inserts we need for our next project No Good Gofers.

IMG_7145.jpg

#205 4 years ago

Thank you for your positive feed back, I really appriciate it. It makes me very happy.
Im not 100% satisfied with the clear coat, but for a series production its not
yet possible for me to get it better, the Base is just to fresh.
To get a really perfect clear coat you would have to water block with 2500 - 3500 grian, then buff it up
and you will have a mirrow.

#207 4 years ago

Yes, after 2500-3500 use a grinding polish, I dont know the grain of it. Then use a normal polish to wax it up.

#208 4 years ago

The finer you go, the easier it is to buff it up.

#213 4 years ago

Hello to all.

Because of the still high demand on BOP playfields, Im thinking of starting a 3rd run.
Please send an email directly to peter@buthamburg.de if you want a BOP playfield.

Have a nice day
Regards from Hamburg
Peter

#218 4 years ago

Yes my billard table You can actualy only see it when its a birthday party or Xmas, then my wife kicks my ass and I have to clear the lounge from all pinball parts

#220 4 years ago

Hello To all

If someone wants to have a proto type with yellow light inserts on the 3rd run, please let me know.

Regards from Hamburg
Peter

#234 4 years ago

Here is a picture showing the playfield as the proto type.

IMG_7152.jpg

#235 4 years ago

Please note that Im not going to make alot of Prototyp, I planned to make maximum 5, three are preordered.
I want to keep the prototyp something special. Maybe 1 or 2 more but not many.

Regards from Hamburg
Peter

#242 4 years ago

Hello to all

Yes, that is unfortunitly like that. I explained this before in one of the other threads. You can let them be clear coated again but
latest after 6 mounths you will see it again. Its nearly impossible to clear coat a playfield that wont have this. Atleast I have never seen
a playfield that doesnt show this effect, just wait for the clear coat to cure long enough and it will be there. Plenty of people dont notice it once the board is rebuild into the machine but it will be there.
The wood and the plastic, 2 diferent kinds of materials joining, once the clear coat is fresh it will not be vissable. After a while, depending on
if its an old playfield (That has a clear coat over 20 years) or a fresh manufactured playfield, sooner or later you will see these slight lines agian.

#246 4 years ago

I have tried that some years ago on a Start Trek NG, filled it up nicely, waited 6 months, sanded it and got it clear coated, after about 3 months it was vissable again. I recaoted regular for 3 years, they were still vissable. Looking from the top you couldnt notice, from an angel
in the reflection it could be seen.

#248 4 years ago

Thanks, no I dont see it as a complaint, just doing playfields in production it wont be possible to get them better, the time is to short. Its allready a very hard time getting the clear coat as it is at the moment. I have half the boards still here and am busy re sanding them again for the third coat.

#250 4 years ago

Yes, you are right, All paints and clear coats from the early days were much better, the Euro norm has messed up the paints.

#258 4 years ago

I cant say which playfield has 2 coats or 3 coats. If a playfield does not look good after 2 coats, then Ill sand it down and it gets a third coat.

#259 4 years ago

Hello to all

Buthamburg team wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
All the best for 2016
Thank you all your patient and your trust in us.

Best wishes from Hamburg

2 weeks later
#264 4 years ago

Yes, I will send an email once I ship them out. It will contain the tracking info.
The last bunch was brought to the paint shop for another layer of clear coat.
Aprox. shipping date is middle of January.

Regards from Hamburg
Peter

#277 4 years ago

I think Rick will send tracking nr out. Alltough the complete load of playfields were send out on the same day only 2 of 7 parcels have arrived
at PPS. The rest should arrive soon.

#282 4 years ago

We are planning to do a 3rd run. If you wish to be on the list for the 3rd run, please mail to peter@buthamburg.de
Regards from Hamburg
Peter

#290 4 years ago

Hello to all.

Yes I will send out tracking nrs. as soon as they are sent. The next load has been brought to the paint shop last week Monday. They should have thier clear coat and are now resting. It was planned to fetch them on Wednesday. Sorry but I fetch the last bunch before Xmas, but I was not satisfied with the clear coat, that is why I didnt send them out, Last week Monday I sanded them down and brought them to the paint shop. Lets hope the the resault will be good this time.

Regards from hamburg
Peter

#300 4 years ago

Thank you.

As soon as we have enough pre-orders for the 3rd run we will start.
Regards from Hamburg
Peter

#302 4 years ago

Hi to all.

Im still gathering orders, havnt got enough yet to make a run. Once all is set up, it will take approx 4 months.

Regards from Hamburg
Peter

1 week later
#306 4 years ago

Hello to all.

We are close to starting the third run.

Regards from Hamburg
Peter

#307 4 years ago
Quoted from Joshmx19:

I got mine yesterday. Its beautiful! Very very impressive quality wise. I would put it up there with the best playfields made for sure.

Thank you. We really appriciat it. Its the best loan for us that you are satisfied with the playfield.
Regards from Hamburg
Peter

#308 4 years ago
Quoted from Talon2000:

You've got me down correct?

Please mail me directly to peter@buthamburg.de I can only check if you are on my list with your original email address.
If you are not on my list and want to be added, please write me directly.

Regards from Hamburg
Peter

1 week later
#310 4 years ago

3rd Run BOP Repro Playfields.

Hello to all

The 3rd run of BOP Playfields is ready to start. Now is the time were I would like
you to confirm / commit your purchase with a 100 Euro pre payment via PayPal
to peter@buthamburg.de.
On this run we will apply at least 3 coats of clear coat, that will cause the price to be slightly higher. I am trying to get the edging around the inserts better. If a forth coat is necessary
I will apply it on my cost.
If you wish to pay in full to take advantage in the good exchange rate, you are welcome to do so. But please don’t rush me, it takes time, the most time is spent on waiting for the clear coat to settle, I can do nothing to rush the settling of the clear coat.

If you wish to have a proto type playfield with yellow inserts please add 100 Euro to the playfield price. We are only making 5 proto type playfields to keep them as a special.

Price for the USA and Canada
1 BOP repro Playfield 630 Euro
Shipping via Airfreight / insurance 95 Euro
--------------------------------------------------------
Total 725 Euro
=================================

Price for Australia
1 BOP repro Playfield 630 Euro
Shipping via Airfreight / insurance 105 Euro
--------------------------------------------------------
Total 735 Euro
=================================

Price for Europe EC
1 BOP repro Playfield 630
Shipping / insurance 35
VAT 19% 126,35
-------------------------------------------------------
Total 791,35
================================

Thank you.
Regards from Hamburg
Peter

1 week later
#328 4 years ago

Hello To all.

I have opend a business account at DHL, the shipping is much faster, they say it 8 to 14 days. But they also said it is just an approx.
time. Before the parcel were 20 - 30 days.
The boards for the 3rd run have been milled, on Monday I will send the shipper to fetch them. On Wednesday we can hopfully start gluing
inserts.

Wish you all a nice Sunday
Regards from Hamburg
Peter

#333 4 years ago

It is correct that the clear coat gasses out solvents for approx 6 mounths.
After 4 weeks you can surley start to mount the playfield. It is better to un pack
the playfield to let air to it.

1 week later
#347 3 years ago

Hello to all.

We are now finally online. http://www.perfectplayfields.com/
It was a battle, not the solution we wanted, but now we are online with a few parts.
We will still need alot of hours to optimze all

Regards from Hamburg
Peter

1 week later
#349 3 years ago

Hello to all.

The inserts are all in now. We will let them rest a while for the glue to harden out nicely, end of next week we will start to sand them.

If anyone still has intrest for a Playfield, we still have a couple free.
Please send me an email to peter@buthamburg.de

Regards from Hamburg
Peter
http://www.buthamburg.de

2 months later
#359 3 years ago

Hello to all.

The boards have been printed and the first clear has been applied. We have to wait a bit so that the clear coat can settle.
Then we will sand them down and send them for the second clear coat.

Wish you all a nice day.
Regards from Hamburg
Peter
http://www.buthamburg.de

6 months later
#369 3 years ago

Please write me directly to peter@buthamburg.de

Regards from Hamburg.
Peter

3 weeks later
#371 3 years ago

Hello to all.

We wish you all a Merry Christmass and all the best for 2017.
BOP 4th run pre-order list is open.
Pruction will start approx. July 2017

Regards from Hamburg
Buthamburg Team
www.buthamburg.de

1 week later
#372 3 years ago

Hello to all.

We wish you all a Happy New Year and all the best for 2017.

Regards from Hamburg
Buthamburg Team

www.buthamburg.de

2 months later
#376 2 years ago

Hello to all

We will do another rerun of BOP.
As soon as we get Getaway on its way, we will start BOP. Boards and inserts are on stock.
If you wish to be on the list, please send me an email to peter@buthamburg.de

Regards from Hamburg
Peter
www.buthamburg.de

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Buthamburg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside