image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_0860_(resized).jpg
379482-i.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 85vett.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from kporter946286:

I have never bought a Repo playfield. Just asking, this would be my first and I am weighing the pro's and Cons of buying a new one. Email sent I want on the list.

I documented the install of one of these PF's in my game. Check it out for pics of what you'll get. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-restomod

The PF went in really easily. There were a couple of items missing that needed to be corrected (I sent to Peter) that I'm sure Peter will have updated in the next batch. As far as repo PF's go these seem to be on the nicer side of things.

2 months later
#65 8 years ago

That's awesome. Will make the swap even easier.

1 month later
#74 8 years ago

Ah damn. I wish I knew about the proto PF remakes as I would have gone for one of those.

Anyone getting in on the second batch be patient. Peter is a stickler for QC so things tend to run behind as he sends them back or starts over if something isn't perfect. Makes for a longer process but you wind up with some really nice PF's.

#83 8 years ago

NP at all. Glad you are OK.

If any of you get stuck and need some help let me know and I'll try to recall what I did to get things back together. It really wound up betting a pretty straight forward job and much easier than I thought it would be.

One big suggestion is to add a GI light by the left scoop. Really helps a lot to bring some light into that area. Easy to do as you just solder the leads of the GI socket into another GI light next to that area.

#85 8 years ago

Precisely. I went with Ice blue as it matched the rest of my GI lighting scheme but that's exactly what I was talking about.

It really looks much better. Don't recall whom mentioned doing that first (may have been you) but I'm glad I saw that suggestion and tried it.

387295.jpg387295.jpg

#88 8 years ago

Trust me it's been done. I just neglected to get a pic of it after doing that. I also made a few other adjustments to the GI lights. Mainly swapped out a few IB's for some cool whites that were under the chest plastics and then one of the two under the slings. I found this kept the theme the same but kept the plastics coloring more true.

#91 8 years ago

Yes. I really like how they light up the bumper skirts too. I wound up putting some of them in a couple of other games too.

1 week later
#96 8 years ago
Quoted from Chet:

Who makes those lighted flipper bats?

Peter does

1 week later
#108 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

The clear on these is THAT good.

The clear on these is fantastic and will satisfy 95% of collectors. With that said, the Kruzman clear is still better so if it's in the budget for you I wouldn't steer you away from it.

To all, be patient (easy said and not done) with Peter. It will take a while for them to be ready but that is because he wont let them out unless they are perfect.

3 weeks later
#123 8 years ago

BigDan - BOP is not to bad to do the swap on. It's probably one of the better games to get your feet wet with. Do as suggested and take a lot of pics. My biggest piece of advice after that is to just take your time. I budgeted myseld a set amount of time a day to work on mine. After that I put the tools up and came back the next day. I find that helps me as after a while I start to lose my attention to detail and get into the "just finish it already" mentality.

For everyone - If you get stuck with the swap just post up your questions. There are several of us that have done it that can help you out. I'm sure between just NJGecko and I we probably have a picture of anything you may have missed. I've got nearly 500 pics still on my HD.

3 weeks later
#166 8 years ago

My old PF is wall art but yours looks pretty nice as it sits. Being a DP PF I'd bet you could sell it for decent money still as it would be a great start to a restoration for someone with a proto game with a beat up PF.

4 weeks later
#237 8 years ago

You know what would be a really cool "proto" type PF. If some could be made where the insert wording matching 2.0 vs 1.0. That would be killer

#241 8 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

It would probably have to be approved by Planetary

Maybe leave those inserts blank then and I'll put decals on it myself

Quoted from SuperPinball:

I have a question for you guys. Would you guys consider adding a couple of more layers of clear coat on a brand new playfield or would you install as is? Just heard some others did it but wasn't sure if there were ant advantages.

I'm going to change my stance on this aspect (sorry Peter). I do now recommend aftermarket clear after you let the PF sit a while. The clear on these is outstanding compared to what we generally expect but, unless I am just unlucky, I am noticing that the clear has settled around the inserts and I now see insert lines in the clear where it's lower there than the wood portions. Not bad (basically what you see on a Stern PF) but if you can do it I'd let it cure for a couple of months and have it polished and or cleared again.

I'll try to get a pic later this week as I'm away from the game right now. And again, I'm not complaining about what Peter has put out as it looked perfect when I got it. Just think it's a curing/settling thing.

#244 8 years ago

Thanks Peter and hopefully you didn't take that as a complaint against the work being done, as it is outstanding. Just something I noticed and accounted for it being due to being new clear that hadn't fully cleared yet. I am like MustangPaul to where I have a couple of older NOS PF's that were cleared years ago that are still perfectly smooth at the inserts.

Nothing people shouldn't expect, just something I didn't account for that I wanted to make sure people, that it would bother, had a solution in mind already.

#249 8 years ago

Came home at lunch so I decided to take a quick pic. Pretty hard to take a pic of it so that tells you how little of an issue it is. I just wanted to mention it as I know how picky we can be sometimes so I figured it would give some people an advanced notice.

May have to take my word for it that this is still smooth as glass. Couple years old but was not cheap. HSA clear on a NOS TFLE PF.
IMG_6520.jpgIMG_6520.jpg

Please, nobody comment on the dimples. PF's dimple. They all do so that is not an issue, just a nature of playing the game.

IMG_6525.jpgIMG_6525.jpg
IMG_6526.jpgIMG_6526.jpg

And one to just show that it still makes for an absolutely gorgeous game once the swaps are done!
IMG_6530.jpgIMG_6530.jpg

#251 8 years ago
Quoted from Buthamburg:

Thanks, no I dont see it as a complaint, just doing playfields in production it wont be possible to get them better, the time is to short. Its allready a very hard time getting the clear coat as it is at the moment. I have half the boards still here and am busy re sanding them again for the third coat.

Great. You do great work and I don't want to take away from that.

Quoted from MustangPaul:

AWH crap....here I thought I had something special and worth a fortune.

I'd be on a gold mine but my PF's are not popular games. I.E. - TFLE for one. I bet I couldn't sell it for the price of what the clear job would cost now. I love it and that is all that matters, I guess

#253 8 years ago

It's about 8 months old. More pics can be seen here at my restoration thread - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-restomod/page/2

I would have to let Peter advise on the number of clears on it as I don't recall. It was in the very first batch of PF's though.

As far as the mirror blades. I think it's just a function of cab differences but I did sand the inside quite a bit as I restored it. With the blades things are pretty close now but I have no issues raising or lowering the PF. Looks great with the blades though since it's such a dark game.

Here is a pic of when I got the PF. Supports that it was a mirror finish when I got it.

379482-i.jpg379482-i.jpg

#257 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Is that the combo? I don't know the models of that game. I love the combo and wish I had one.

Yes. I have the combo version.

Quoted from kporter946286:

Lets see more photos of this machine! Looks Sweet!!!!

Sure thing. I'll try to get some new ones tomm. It was a no expense spared restoration and 2.0 conversion.

2 weeks later
#275 8 years ago

The PF's come packed really well. It would take some major stupid stuff to mess one up so you should be OK.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 85vett.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-bride-of-pinbot-repro-playfield-list-closing?tu=85vett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.