20240417_113812 (resized).jpg
20240417_113450 (resized).jpg
stapel (resized).jpg
proto beleuchtet 2 (resized).jpg
original beleucht 2 (resized).jpg
original (resized).jpg
original auf wagen 2 (resized).jpg
BOP Final Black 2024 (resized).jpg
There are 149 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 3 years ago

Thank you all

It makes a very happy to have satisfied customers.
Regrads from Hamburg
Leon & Peter
www.buthamburg.de

#52 3 years ago

Peter, I have one your yellow heart BoP PFs from a couple years ago. I also have a bunch of your LED flipper bat kits. Are you manufacturing any other PFs at the moment?
How about short LED flipper bats. Did you ever make those?

#53 3 years ago

Hi.
Yes, Playfield ready for shipping are Terminator 2, Alien Poker, No Good Gofers, Bride of Pinbot.
Ready for printing is Getaway and Road Show, next will be F-14 Tom Cat and Black Rose.
Regards from Hamburg
Peter
www.buthamburg.de

4 weeks later
#54 3 years ago
Quoted from PhillyArcade:

If the US dollar catches back up to the euro I might have to order one of these beauties! Current conversion is $700 EU = $806 USD I sure could use one. Anyone know what the cost of shipping across the pond to Philadelphia, PA would be as well? It sure looks beautiful! Mine is beat as you can see. [quoted image]

You have the playfield protector the same as me, but at least you have some RED on yours!

Screenshot 2020-12-03 at 21.55.43 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-12-03 at 21.55.43 (resized).png
1 year later
#55 2 years ago

Hello to all
We have finished re-printing the Road Show playfields on Monday night. Unfortunitly the paint shop is on holiday until January next week.
This morning we started to print Bride of Pinbot. The first color, white. Worked out very nicely. This afternoon or early night we will print the next color, but its depending on if the white is dry enough.
We have minus degrees and achive about 16 degrees in the paint room. An hour before we print we fire up a gas heater, then we achive arround 20 degrees. Cant leave it on because of all the fumes while printing. We will keep updating.
Regards from Hamburg.
Leon and Peter

IMG_0038 (resized).JPGIMG_0038 (resized).JPG
#56 2 years ago

Looking good. I might need to get one of these and store it until I can deal with doing the replacement. I don't see my BoP leaving my collection and the playfield has a lot of touch ups.

#57 2 years ago

We have just finished printing yellow. Second color done. The Playfield with clear inserts is a special order. Now its time for a beer.
Have a nice evening
Leone and Peter

IMG_0044 (resized).JPGIMG_0044 (resized).JPG
#58 2 years ago

Looking good!

#59 2 years ago

Merry Christmas to all

This morning we used the spare time we had, before our visitors come, we printed orange. We will have to print another layer of orange to get it more solid, it is a bit cold today -7 degrees, allthough we had the gas heater running, we only get 12 degrees in the printing room. We will let the heater run throughout the night and see if it gets warmer. Then we would have the 4th color on, 5 to go, we could still get the BOP finished this year.

We wish all a Merry Christmas
Now is time to relax.

Leon and Peter

IMG_0047 (resized).JPGIMG_0047 (resized).JPG
#60 2 years ago

When will they be for sale? And the road show?

#61 2 years ago

I am interested as well!

#62 2 years ago

I just started my BOP swap this week. I always move the top of the playfield first

762D6A92-B5DE-4F7F-9EFC-AFE46B5DD495 (resized).jpeg762D6A92-B5DE-4F7F-9EFC-AFE46B5DD495 (resized).jpeg
#63 2 years ago

I just did 4 Whirlwinds, BOP will be a piece of cake in comparison. Only 3 Pop bumpers instead of 6. There are 22 coils on Ww and I bet half on BOP.

#64 2 years ago
Quoted from tonyhoff1:

When will they be for sale? And the road show?

Quoted from ovfdfireman:

I am interested as well!

Hi.
The will be ready approx end of Januar. If you wish to be on the BOP pre-order list, then please send me an email with your postal address and Tel. Nr. to [email protected]

Tony, I sent you an eail letting you know that the Road Shows are ready for shipping, with payment intructions but didnt get an answer from you.
Have a look in your Spam folder, otherwise let me know and Ill resend.

Regards from Hamburg
Peter

#65 2 years ago

Peter. Nice to see you making these again. I have one of you prototype repro BoPs. Nice work!

#66 2 years ago

Hello Again
This morning we printed another layer of orange which work out well. We placed a second heater into the printing room. Never the less, we have to double print red as well, it is still to cold. First layer is on, second layer will be easy for all is adjusted.
After red it is still 4 colors to go, we will get the BOP finished printed this week.
Regards from Hamburg
Leon and Peter

IMG_0051 (resized).JPGIMG_0051 (resized).JPG
#67 2 years ago

Surprise surprise, today we printed 3 colors,
light blue, dark grey and dark blue. Today was warmer outside
0 degrees, and the heaters can manage to keep the room at 25 degress, perfect. All work out very nicely, no problems. Tomorrow we will print black, the last color, then the BOP playfields are printed. Next step will be to finish mill them, milling machine 3 is free so we wont have a delay on getting the BOP milled.
Have a nice evening
Leon and Peter

IMG_0054 (resized).JPGIMG_0054 (resized).JPG
#68 2 years ago

If anyone doing a playfield swap needs a new set of plastics for there BOP, I have an extra set still sealed in the bag. These are older so they would be the screened ones not the printed ones. I would take $149 for them which is $20 less than they are currently priced on there website.

EE3826AF-0214-47C7-8447-CF1E5246BDB8 (resized).jpegEE3826AF-0214-47C7-8447-CF1E5246BDB8 (resized).jpeg
#69 2 years ago

Hello to all.
Today we can proudly say that we have finalized to print BOP.
This morning we needed to reprint the dark blue, it was a bit shady and prefered to reprint. This afternoon we finally built in the black screen and could print without any problems. Yeah, ahead of our scedule and can take the rest of this year off. Now is time for some Moon Shine.
Aditional to the BOP playfield we are rpeparing the files for some nice silk screen playfield plastics. We are busy setting up the milling files. We should get the plastics done in January.

We wish you all a nice evening and a good Happy New Year.
Stay safe and healthy.

Leon and Peter

IMG_0058 (resized).JPGIMG_0058 (resized).JPG
#70 2 years ago

Here are a few pictures of my repro playfield.

0E372D49-BC00-421A-B6C2-329EBA7D3E98 (resized).jpeg0E372D49-BC00-421A-B6C2-329EBA7D3E98 (resized).jpeg252A4E13-CE07-4E0A-BDA2-B1F3E2C501CF (resized).jpeg252A4E13-CE07-4E0A-BDA2-B1F3E2C501CF (resized).jpeg4AB9E49A-0784-4390-B5B1-A714FDB67321 (resized).jpeg4AB9E49A-0784-4390-B5B1-A714FDB67321 (resized).jpegD49CC92A-B4EF-4DA4-AFE5-B517BFCCED31 (resized).jpegD49CC92A-B4EF-4DA4-AFE5-B517BFCCED31 (resized).jpegD533D51F-72E2-49F1-A468-44AB1E2BE607 (resized).jpegD533D51F-72E2-49F1-A468-44AB1E2BE607 (resized).jpeg
#71 2 years ago
Quoted from ArnieC:

Here are a few pictures of my repro playfield.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looking good! However I believe the rubber ring above the farthest right out lane is incorrect.

#72 2 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Looking good! However I believe the rubber ring above the farthest right out lane is incorrect

Yep on both sides i think. Pretty sure all the star posts and metal posts have individual rubber rings on them, not a double joining the 2. That's how mine was originally before the restore and certainly after also.

#73 2 years ago
Quoted from ArnieC:

I just did 4 Whirlwinds, BOP will be a piece of cake in comparison. Only 3 Pop bumpers instead of 6. There are 22 coils on Ww and I bet half on BOP.

Pop bumpers are always the worst. That and older pins that have stapled down gi.

1 month later
#74 2 years ago
Quoted from Buthamburg:

Hi.
The will be ready approx end of Januar. If you wish to be on the BOP pre-order list, then please send me an email with your postal address and Tel. Nr. to [email protected]
Tony, I sent you an eail letting you know that the Road Shows are ready for shipping, with payment intructions but didnt get an answer from you.
Have a look in your Spam folder, otherwise let me know and Ill resend.
Regards from Hamburg
Peter

Yes I want one but just saw this, will email

1 week later
#75 2 years ago
Quoted from Buthamburg:

Hello to all.
Today we can proudly say that we have finalized to print BOP.
This morning we needed to reprint the dark blue, it was a bit shady and prefered to reprint. This afternoon we finally built in the black screen and could print without any problems. Yeah, ahead of our scedule and can take the rest of this year off. Now is time for some Moon Shine.
Aditional to the BOP playfield we are rpeparing the files for some nice silk screen playfield plastics. We are busy setting up the milling files. We should get the plastics done in January.
We wish you all a nice evening and a good Happy New Year.
Stay safe and healthy.
Leon and Peter
[quoted image]

Sent an email yesterday, hoping to buy one of these new playfields.

3 months later
#76 1 year ago

I bought one of these playfields.
They are fantastic and the service is really good as well.
Thanks Peter
Now for the swap over.

8 months later
#77 1 year ago

Got my playfield. Looks nice and shiny. However, a bunch of the inserts have slightly raised rim around them.
Is this somewhat normal and expected with repro playfields?
This is my first new repro playfield so maybe I had my expectations too high.

Edit: Heard back from Peter. All good.

4A78E9B7-AD96-482B-9C3D-A2AD523FFDCD (resized).jpeg4A78E9B7-AD96-482B-9C3D-A2AD523FFDCD (resized).jpegA3442058-EFAF-4D03-9F4B-E6C87FED526D (resized).jpegA3442058-EFAF-4D03-9F4B-E6C87FED526D (resized).jpeg

#78 1 year ago

I’ll wait till others chime in. But I don’t think that’s right. There shouldn’t be any raised edges. It should be silky smooth.

#79 1 year ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

Heard back from Peter. All good.
[quoted image][quoted image]

What did he say? That’s the important part

#80 1 year ago

He said it was normal and not just for repro playfields. If I want a mirrored smooth finish I would have to send it to Ron Kruzman or someone like that.
A bit of a bummer since I paid over 1k for the thing. Alas, my NIB Godzilla has ribbing and some inserts that match what I'm seeing on my BoP playflied. So, I guess that's just the state-of-affairs with playfields these days.
If you look further up this thread, ArnieC posted pics of his playfleld and I can see the same thing going on with his inserts.

1 week later
#81 1 year ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

He said it was normal and not just for repro playfields.

That depends on if you can feel the edge of the insert with your fingernail or not - if you can, the PF is going to wear there.

It's likely caused by dieback from the clear - the clear shrinks as it cures and goes where it can, in this case, around the insert mounting.

It is correct in that each repro PF maker seems to put a different amount/type of clear on their PF's (even amongst the same maker/same playfield depending on the day it was made) - I've gotten CPR ones that were mirror smooth with no edges, and then ones that you could feel each insert. The ones that you can feel the inserts I get recleared.

I would spend the extra $$$ and get the PF recleared though. Maybe not to the mirror smoothness, but you can get it done so at least the inserts can't be felt. CaptainNeo does it for a reasonable price and turnaround.

I have Peter's F14 PF and there is one or 2 inserts that are raised, but none of them look like the pic you posted. Those seem excessive.

1 week later
#82 1 year ago

Mine looks a bit like this. It doesn't alter the ball in any way on mine and I have played at least 500 games on it and not one dimple. I am serious! Best replacement playfield I have purchased.

4 months later
#83 8 months ago

Hello to all

And here we go again, the next run of BOP has started.
Here a small video of today’s action.
We are busy milling Bride of Pinbot playfields, They will be finished in a couple of days, then insert gluing.

We are busy looking through F-14, sanding them and getting them ready for clear coating.
If the coat works out well, we will be able to send them out in approx. 3 weeks due to curing time of the clear coat.

This week we will start to sand down the Terminator Playfields, hope we can save the primer work so that we can get them re-printed.
Cabinet decals are in work, will have them in stock by the time that the playfields are ready, actually sooner than that, in approx. 14 days.
It is not possible to send out the decals in the same box as the playfields.
If you need parts like Lane Guides, Star Post of the Bats, we have them on stock and can send them together with the decals.
Playfield Plastic Sets are on Stock.

We are busy doing the final checks on the artwork of Black Rose
and are getting the artwork fitted a bit better to the milling program, re-adjust some factory faults that don’t line up nicely,
It also means that the many layers must be re-adjusted. We don’t use a redraw program for that will just cause many artwork errors.
This and all the artwork is redrawn but hand, hour for hour, days for days.....

Please turn off your speakers or set them low, the video is quite noisy.
Here is the link to Facebook Video.

https://www.facebook.com/buthamburg.de/videos/248529084720730

New updates will follow soon

Regards from Hamburg
Ron, Leon and Peter

#84 8 months ago

Pencil me in for one of these. I've been waiting for your BoP playfields to come back into availability.

#85 8 months ago

Are you going to run a few more prototypes for BOP?

#86 8 months ago

If you wish to be on our pre-order list, then please send an email to peter (et) buthamburg.de with your postal address and Tel. No.
I can then enter you into our list.

It was not planned to make proto type, but if it is wished we can get proto version done aswell. inserts are not glued yet.

#87 8 months ago

Just curious on the prototype as they are a nice touch.I have one of the first runs from PPS . It still looks like it just came out of the box !

#88 8 months ago

Email sent!

#89 8 months ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Are you going to run a few more prototypes for BOP?

I have a prototype play field not installed yet. If they don't do a proto run I may be willing to trade for a new production run.

#90 8 months ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Just curious on the prototype as they are a nice touch.I have one of the first runs from PPS . It still looks like it just came out of the box !

Yes we will manufacture some proto type playfields in this run.
Regards from Hamburg
Ron, Leon and Peter

2 months later
#91 5 months ago

Hello to all

The inserts are nearly all glued. It takes some time to glue all the inserts. Thank you to all that have signed up for a BOP playfield,
it is a great help. We are nearly sold out. If you wish to be on the pre-order list, then please send me your postal address and tel. no. to [email protected]
After we finished printing Termainator, we will print BOP
If you wish to have Proto BOP with yellow heart, then please let me know.
A German page, I dont rember anymore how it was, mentioned that we have a mistake in the color of the inserts om the yellow heart version. That site is wrong, it looks like that there were different version on the yellow heart proto. Ill post a picture of our version. Our info on the inserts are from the US.

Have a nice weekend
Regards from Hamburg
Ron, Leon and Peter

#92 5 months ago

Peter and co, I have a first run BOP playfield from you / PPS. It’s still looks just like it did the day I opened the box! Thank you !

#93 5 months ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Peter and co, I have a first run BOP playfield from you / PPS. It’s still looks just like it did the day I opened the box! Thank you !

That is very nice to hear, wow, is that now atleast 8 years ago that we did the first run.

1 week later
#94 5 months ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

I will add my thanks as well.

My three year old Buthamburg BOP playfield is still in superb condition. When installed and started playing, I noticed with great satisfaction that no marks, swirls, ball dents or chips were occurring. Usually, I add a playfield protector to any new or touched up playfield...but not this one!

For anyone who has installed a playfield protector, You know how much work it might be to install, especially on a busy playfield like BOP. So I am extra thankful I didn't have to do that on my machine or pay and wait for the protector to arrive!

Once again Thank You for a great product and Thank You Absolute Pinball for choosing this product in the refurbished BOP I ordered and purchased!

1 - BOP playfield swap my game (resized).jpg1 - BOP playfield swap my game (resized).jpg3 (resized).JPG3 (resized).JPG
#95 5 months ago
Quoted from ManyQuarters:

I will add my thanks as well.
My three year old Buthamburg BOP playfield is still in superb condition. When installed and started playing, I noticed with great satisfaction that no marks, swirls, ball dents or chips were occurring. Usually, I add a playfield protector to any new or touched up playfield...but not this one!
For anyone who has installed a playfield protector, You know how much work it might be to install, especially on a busy playfield like BOP. So I am extra thankful I didn't have to do that on my machine or pay and wait for the protector to arrive!
Once again Thank You for a great product and Thank You Absolute Pinball for choosing this product in the refurbished BOP I ordered and purchased![quoted image][quoted image]

I had a helping hand in designing those sideblades ! Let’s just say they were a combination from different creators

#96 5 months ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

I had a helping hand in designing those sideblades ! Let’s just say they were a combination from different creators

Cool...they look awesome!

#97 5 months ago

Thank you all for the compliments.
10 more boards to glue, then we can start sanding and primer.
If all goes well, we could get this run finished this year.

Regards from Hamburg
Ron, Leon and Peter

2 weeks later
#98 5 months ago

Semi off topic, looking at the playfield, I think you can make "Funhouse" head base part
out of the large cutout from BOP playfield. It would be a great way to minimize wood waste.

#99 5 months ago

Is funhouse next?

#100 5 months ago

Could we possibly get a new “radical” playfield in the future…..?

There are 149 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-bride-of-pinbot-playfield-repro-2018-pl-50002/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.