View topic image gallery

Speaker_Hack_(resized).jpg
Volume_control_(resized).jpg
Bop1_(resized).jpg
Bop3_(resized).jpg
Bop2_(resized).jpg
Bop4_(resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

I found a BOP that is in player condition. Non-Diamond Plate, very dirty, 4 broken switches, has the sound will not turn down issue, matching boards and batteries are in good condition. A few large scuffs on the outside paint from moving. Everything is there as far as keys, locks, etc. Nothing serious for problems and it plays as is, mostly just a lot of TLC with a complete tear down and rebuild to clean with some new parts and fixing broken switches/lights. Southern California Market. Wondering if you would pay more than $1000 for this project?

#2 7 years ago

These days - yes

#3 7 years ago

Sounds like a good deal. Working? Probably should sell for closer to $1500-1600. Your market is different from mine though. That is what I have seen, I had been looking for a restore project. Myself, I would get it if it was closer to me.

#4 7 years ago

It took me about 2 years to find a (working) project in that price range.

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from Fourbyracer:

has the sound will not turn down issue

What is this? If it's just that you can't turn it down below a certain point, there is an option for this in the adjustments menu.

#6 7 years ago

Thank you everyone for the advice and votes. I thought it might be a pretty good deal and you guys confirmed it for me. I got it for an even $1000 and it was less than 5 mins from my home. It came with the original operations manual and all the original paperwork from the factory, except the bill of sale. Would love to know what it cost new! It was previously in an arcade in Illinois per the revenue stamps on it. Looks like it was probably owned by John's Vending & Games which shows an address in Highland, IL. It was purchased from there and brought to California several years ago. The guy I got it from took it in trade for A/C work on that guys house and had it for only 3 days. So I am the fourth owner. I knocked some dirt and grime off of it and it actually cleaned up pretty darn nice. Only one broken plastic edge on a ramp. Playfield is pretty decent for being non-diamond plate. It should turn out pretty nice when I get it all cleaned up. Thanks again, its great having good people to rely on here. 4by

Bop4_(resized).jpgBop4_(resized).jpg

Bop2_(resized).jpgBop2_(resized).jpg

Bop3_(resized).jpgBop3_(resized).jpg

Bop1_(resized).jpgBop1_(resized).jpg

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

What is this? If it's just that you can't turn it down below a certain point, there is an option for this in the adjustments menu.

The one rigged thing I found on this machine is that they rigged the speakers with speaker wire and wired it to a volume control. I think there is a problem somewhere in the board or ?? that causes the sound to be very loud. Even with the new sound control turned all the way down, and the volume on the machine down. It does only go 1/2 way down though on the volume that is adjusted with the test button. That is when I turn it down as far as I can, there are still 1/2 of the bars shown on the screen. Are you saying there is another way to adjust it lower in one of the menus?

The pics below show 2 speaker wires on the top board speaker, one wire runs to the tweeter, and one runs to the volume control--nothing has been changed on the woofer. I am not sure what or why it is that way. Thinking I should just cut it out and see where it leaves me and fix whatever comes up.

Volume_control_(resized).jpgVolume_control_(resized).jpg

Speaker_Hack_(resized).jpgSpeaker_Hack_(resized).jpg

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from Fourbyracer:

It does only go 1/2 way down though on the volume that is adjusted with the test button. That is when I turn it down as far as I can, there are still 1/2 of the bars shown on the screen. Are you saying there is another way to adjust it lower in one of the menus?

WPC Game so you need to enable min volume override. Forget where it is in the adjustments but enable that and you will be good.

#9 7 years ago

good deal, most BoPs are blown out under the spinner and this one looks decent. Should clean up nicely

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

WPC Game so you need to enable min volume override. Forget where it is in the adjustments but enable that and you will be good.

A1-28

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

3,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Firestone, CO
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.95
£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 9.95
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-bride-of-pinbot-buying-advice-needed?hl=minabluemerle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.