5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by shimoda
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

The Backdoor Billion shot is a mode that not many people know about on Bride of Pinbot, and probably because it's exceptionally hard to do. I've looked around the internet and can't even find a picture or some video of it actually being achieved. I wanted to start this thread to see if anyone here has done it, and if not, perhaps see some people try.

I have my own BOP and have had it for about a month now. Every now and again I'll give the backdoor a try and see how far I get (get your minds out of the gutter!). Initially, from what I had read, I thought you had to do 51 consecutive shots to the heartbeat ramp, within around 4 seconds of each, to achieve the billion. As you can imagine, that sounds legitimately impossible... However, now that I've been playing for a while I've noticed some things and I actually think the Backdoor Billion is achievable now. Here's why:

You need to reach the 10 loop combo in order to get the Backdoor Billion (or so the theory goes). Loop combos are awarded first for 4 loops (4 consecutive shots, within about 4 seconds, of either the heartbeat ramp, left loop or right loop), and then loop combos go up by 1 from there. You can tell when you do a loop combo, the machine starts making lots of thundery noises and strobes the lights. So, for the 5 loop combo, you have to do another loop combo of 5 shots. Then for the 6 loop combo, do 6 shots, etc etc up to 10.

What I have found during my attempts, is that you do not need to chain loop combos in succession, nor do you need to do them on the same ball. Your loop combo progress carries over from ball to ball (and you can check where you are in the status when holding a flipper in). So, if you manage to do a 4 loop combo but then lose the ball, your next ball will start with you needing to do the 5 loop combo, not the 4.

But a 10 loop combo? Is it even possible? I think so, as I have successfully done 9 shots in a row up the heartbeat ramp a few times, so 10 must be achievable! I've also managed to progress to the 7 loop combo in the one game, so it's definitely possible to get the 10, just pretty damn hard.

Yes I could take off the glass and do it that way, but that sort of defeats the point. Many people complain that BOP is a one shot game. Well, if you own one or have access to one, here's another thing to shoot for and a hell of a challenge...

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

My understanding is that the back door billion is awarded if you lite all 4 extra ball inserts. I have not been able to achieve this yet legitimately, but did it with the glass off just to see.

Really? I've never heard that before. Did it give the billion when you had all 4 lit? Or light the billion shot up the heart ramp? Did it do anything else like special sounds or call outs?

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

I just recall seeing "Backdoor Billion" on the display and not much more. It was awarded when the 4th insert was lit IIRC.

Thanks for this info. After reading that I tested it with the glass off and you're right, the Backdoor Billion is awarded after lighting the fourth extra ball insert. Which I still find strange, I have never heard anyone talk about that before!

I also decided to test the 10 loop combo with the glass off as well, seeing as I was now second guessing what information I had previously thought was true. But, sure enough, a 10 loop combo gives you a Backdoor Billion as well... Who knows what other secret ways there are to get it.

Now the challenge is to do it in normal gameplay...

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from ranchdrsn:

I think your settings are low for the BB, I can routinely get 10-20+ combos and haven't seen it. Fairly certain the default is 51 loop for it.

Two things come to mind:

You might be confusing loops with loop combos. At the end of a ball the game will total your loops (for instance, 22 loops) and give you a bonus for them. A loop combo is (by default) 4 loops in a row with no less than 4 seconds inbetween, awarding you a loop combo. The combos then go up by 1 each time and these aren't reported at the end of a ball, only in the status menu.

Your loop combo settings are set low / high? I don't actually know how changing the starting loop number would affect how easy / hard it is, but the default is 4. I know it can be set from 1 to 10.

If you aren't getting them confused and you are making 10 to 20 loop combos routinely, well, you are one hell of a player! You should be getting the billion at 10 unless your settings have it turned off somehow.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Cincinnati, OH
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
£ 55.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 50.00
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
£ 79.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 40.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 209.99
Boards
PinSound
$ 28.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside