Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by floyd1977
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

026 (resized).JPG
    025 (resized).JPG
    024 (resized).JPG
    022 (resized).JPG
    021 (resized).JPG
    018 (resized).JPG
    017 (resized).JPG
    016 (resized).JPG
    015 (resized).JPG
    014 (resized).JPG
    013 (resized).JPG
    012 (resized).JPG
    011 (resized).JPG
    010 (resized).JPG
    009 (resized).JPG
    008 (resized).JPG
    #1 4 years ago

I thought I was done with these but I got talked into one more. Honestly, the only reason this got done was because of the new cabinet I got from Paul at Virtuapin. I've never dealt with him before and was a bit apprehensive. I was blown away by the quality! Not only the build but the finish. It was outstanding!

A little chrome from my good friend Chris Royalty at Pinball Plating helped too!

This was done for a local guy for his twin brother in New York. Wish I had brothers like that.

002 (resized).JPG002 (resized).JPG003 (resized).JPG003 (resized).JPG004 (resized).JPG004 (resized).JPG005 (resized).JPG005 (resized).JPG006 (resized).JPG006 (resized).JPG007 (resized).JPG007 (resized).JPG008 (resized).JPG008 (resized).JPG009 (resized).JPG009 (resized).JPG010 (resized).JPG010 (resized).JPG011 (resized).JPG011 (resized).JPG012 (resized).JPG012 (resized).JPG013 (resized).JPG013 (resized).JPG014 (resized).JPG014 (resized).JPG015 (resized).JPG015 (resized).JPG016 (resized).JPG016 (resized).JPG017 (resized).JPG017 (resized).JPG018 (resized).JPG018 (resized).JPG021 (resized).JPG021 (resized).JPG022 (resized).JPG022 (resized).JPG024 (resized).JPG024 (resized).JPG025 (resized).JPG025 (resized).JPG026 (resized).JPG026 (resized).JPG
    #2 4 years ago

She's pretty

#4 4 years ago

Wow stunning. Curious what kind of LEDs on the helmet and do they suffer from any flickering?

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from adamross:

Wow stunning. Curious what kind of LEDs on the helmet and do they suffer from any flickering?

This is what I use in all my games. Frosted top and sunlight. No colors at all.

https://www.cometpinball.com/products/2smd-bulbs

For the helmet, I used these with a clear top. The ones above..you'll see a bit of flicker/ghosting if used in the helmet.

https://www.cometpinball.com/products/1smd-non-ghosting

I'd love to be able to use the LED OCD board but it won't work with the 2.0 software.

#6 4 years ago

Good god she is bee u ti full. I saw you post in Chris's topic and wondered about this one!

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Good god she is bee u ti full. I saw you post in Chris's topic and wondered about this one!

He is the man with the BLING!

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

He is the man with the BLING!

Oh agreed, he brassed out my metal for a Bally Atlantis I did, everyone raved about it.

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

This is what I use in all my games. Frosted top and sunlight. No colors at all.
    https://www.cometpinball.com/products/2smd-bulbs
    For the helmet, I used these with a clear top. The ones above..you'll see a bit of flicker/ghosting if used in the helmet.
    https://www.cometpinball.com/products/1smd-non-ghosting
    I'd love to be able to use the LED OCD board but it won't work with the 2.0 software.

Sweet. And did you order the Blue LEDs for the helmet?

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from adamross:

Sweet. And did you order the Blue LEDs for the helmet?

Yup. Some go with purple.

#11 4 years ago

Can you expand on the audio system you incorporated with the Lepai super bass amp?

How’s the sound?
    How’s the mids, lows, highs?
    Would this bass drop really well with the flipper fidelity speaker your using?

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

Can you expand on the audio system you incorporated with the Lepai super bass amp?
    How’s the sound?
    How’s the mids, lows, highs?
    Would this bass drop really well with the flipper fidelity speaker your using?

All the audio components come with the 2.0 kit from Dutch Pinball, including the speakers and amplifier.

I will say, it took quite a bit of adjusting the amplifier to get the sound I liked.

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

All the audio components come with the 2.0 kit from Dutch Pinball, including the speakers and amplifier.
    I will say, it took quite a bit of adjusting the amplifier to get the sound I liked.

Nice, it’s been a while since I looked at the 2.0 kit, I have one that I’ve never installed, I believe I’m going to install it soon. I just don’t like that 1.0 is going to have several bugs, maybe it’s just me being too particular

#14 4 years ago

Looks great! One question though - Did the cabinet get painted black because Virtuapin can't do the purple or was it just a choice by the customer?

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

Nice, it’s been a while since I looked at the 2.0 kit, I have one that I’ve never installed, I believe I’m going to install it soon. I just don’t like that 1.0 is going to have several bugs, maybe it’s just me being too particular

Yes your being too particular! 2.0 is too good not to install because of it. It's not like it's unplayable.To be honest , I've only played the original a small number of times since 2.0.

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wharhed:

Looks great! One question though - Did the cabinet get painted black because Virtuapin can't do the purple or was it just a choice by the customer?

Joint choice between me and the customer.

#17 4 years ago

Great work, Bryan, as usual!

I rarely play the original since getting the kit a few years ago. I have some friends that love the original though and always want to switch back.

The original is pretty great though to be honest.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-20-restore and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.