IMG_2416 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2415 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9887 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1682 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1681 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1705 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4224 (resized).jpeg
2023-09-28 12_53_59-Amazon.com_ Alinan 5pcs Button Battery Holder Coin Cell Battery Holder with Swit (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1756 Product info Posted by rubberducks (7 years ago)

Post #1758 Availability update Posted by Fourbyracer (7 years ago)

Post #1788 Key workaround info Posted by awarner (7 years ago)

Post #1859 How to backup your ssd drive for BOP 2.0 Posted by awarner (7 years ago)

Post #2104 Betabrite installation notes Posted by mgpasman (7 years ago)

Post #2776 1.21 software update (improved 1.0 support) Posted by KoenHeltzel (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shredso.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2510 4 years ago

I just snagged a reasonably priced BoP and I'm considering 2.0. Is the kit relatively plug n play, bugs worked out at this point? If I get sick of it, what's the going rate for a better than average routed BoP with 2.0 installed?

2 months later
#2516 4 years ago

I just installed the kit i bought from Cointaker a few days ago. Screen on the original game looks awful. Something was mentioned on the forums that it was an issue with the screen Cointaker was using and it would be fixed in an update. The post was from 2017 and I'm on the newest version. Is there a fix?

2 weeks later
#2517 4 years ago

Having a ball lock issue as well. I made a separate thread for both issues. Help!!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-20-new-install-issues#post-5228402

1 month later
#2530 4 years ago

Has anyone else installed the kit from the recent Cointaker batch? My display still doesn't look right on 1.0.

#2543 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

It seems every time I hit a skillshot, it registers the score below it. For instance, when I hit 100k, it registers as 75k. Anyone else experience this? Wonder if it's a software issue.

I'm getting this as well. I'm almost certain it was happening before I installed the 2.0 so I think it' a switch adjustment. I planned on addressing it when I shop the game out.

2 weeks later
#2554 4 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

How do you switch back to the original game? The game has been folded up and I can't remember the process.
Thanks

Hold the start button.

5 months later
#2601 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Anyone know if it's possible to swap out music in this game like you can in Sterns with Pinball Browser? I absolutely can't stand the main music track that plays in this game. I've been trying to sell my 2.0 game (or possibly pull the kit and keep the 1.0 game), but I played with headphones listening to unrelated music the other day and enjoyed the game more than usual. I was thinking if I could put different theme music in, I might want to keep the game around a while.
Anyone know if this is possible?

I have to agree that the music is really repetitive and distracting. I would love to change it out.

1 week later
#2627 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

When you guys shut your bop 2.0 off do you turn off the power strip in the inside as well?

I've been using the cabinet switch like normal and haven't had any issue.

#2637 3 years ago

Now that there is a little action back in this club, maybe someone can help me with a couple issues I'm having.

#1. If I switch to 1.0 the display is very small. Koen was helping on the Dutch Pinball forum but we never figured it out. This is Cointaker version, one of the last ones I believe.

#2. During a multiplayer game (or possibly any game) the flippers time out if you take too long to start the ball. Plunging and draining brings power back to the flippers.

2020-05-18 21.45.34 (resized).jpg2020-05-18 21.45.34 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#2648 3 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

have you checked the shooterlane swtich and the space on you SDD? - I had some troubles and after deleting the logfile (11GB). Some troubles or gone.
I had only 4mb free on the disk...

I'll check both of those things today, thanks!

1 year later
#2708 2 years ago

I signed up to test the new software over a month ago and never heard back.

3 months later
#2755 2 years ago

I went to try and install the beta code after not touching my game for possibly a year and it's not working. I double checked all of the obvious connections, everything looks good. The game plays blind, but the LCD is only white. Dropbox link for video below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0bq9ql39k5fggmy/2021-12-12%2022.01.24.mp4?dl=0

#2760 2 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

Is that after installing the beta code? Or you were not able to do that due to the white screen?
If it's after installing the new beta code, it could be the PinSound window not minimising (which should happen automatically as part of the start up process).
Plug a mouse in and once the game is booted, move the mouse down until the Windows task bar pops up. That will show what it currently running.

As Koen said, this was before I could even get to the 2.0 install. I plugged in a keyboard and mouse, tried moving the cursor around and some of the common keyboard command, ctrl/alt/del, alt/tab, esc, etc. No change on the display. I've reseated the HDMI at the PC, I haven't tried the end at the display yet, but it was definitely secure. I will try another cable tonight.

If I plug a laptop into the display for testing I'm guessing it should just work as a regular screen, correct? I can also try plugging an external monitor into the PC.

#2770 2 years ago
Quoted from KoenHeltzel:

Yes that would be a great test actually. If it is the same with the laptop, you can try if the buttons on the back of the display let you view the display's menu and see if some brightness setting is out of whack.

New cable didn't help. Display plugged into laptop didn't change anything. Monitor plugged into mini PC works, so I'm pretty sure this display, or the display board is toast. The only button on the display that did anything was the power button. I reseated every cable on the display. This really stings because this NEVER worked properly, and now it's broken.

Does anyone know of a display that will drop in here? It looks like a basic laptop display. it measure 15.75". I don't see any part numbers on the display. Also, whoever installed this thing stripped all 4 holes. Good times...

#2773 2 years ago

I pulled the display and found some part numbers. There is an LCD controller board and the display. If anyone has an idea of which might cause the white screen so I don't have to buy both, that would be great. Also, if anyone has a different version with cheaper parts please let me know. Maybe I should go for the display from an earlier run, because this one was never right.

LCD Controller Board
ebay.com link: itm

Display
ebay.com link: itm

1 year later
#3044 11 months ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

I’ve wondered before but are replacement monitors even available? Not saying you need one. Calling koen! Help this guy out!

My monitor went bad and I bought a replacement. I believe it was $400 from Pinball Life. I'll see if I can find it, it was awhile ago.

1 month later
#3060 9 months ago

I bought a kit years ago and it never worked properly. I had some help troubleshooting and everything was a dead end. I even had another Pinsider image a hard drive, did not help. It came with a Gigabyte PC. I found a Zotac PC on ebay, I understand that is what they used for a different run. I swapped the RAM from the Zotac into the Gigabyte, and it still didn't run properly. The CPU usage is pegged and the game lags. I don't think the Gigabyte has any serviceable parts other than RAM and HDD. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I did get the Zotac to run, and the game is finally working. My issue now is powering on and off. It looked like the Gigabyte soldered wires to the power switch, so I replicated that on the Zotac. I figured it would work or not, but it sort of works sometimes. It never turns it on, but it will turn it off. But then it turns back on. I'm wondering if it's a BIOS setting or something. Any ideas? Maybe I should try and find a working Gigabyte Mini PC.

Added 9 months ago:

Edit: BIOS settings seemed to fix the issue. Zotac BIOS settings are here for anyone interested.
https://forums.dutchpinball.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=42&p=1028&hilit=zotac#p1028

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Albany, NY
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 9.95
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 9.99
£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 27.95
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
3,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Firestone, CO
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 40.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shredso.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-20-owners-club-members-only?tu=shredso and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.